Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows (48251 Views)

Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's / Uri Geller loses his cool and really get mad in spoon council interview.. / Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by Ishilove: 4:19pm On Jul 13, 2012
BoboYekini:
let's go Far from the madding crowd, you and I sad
Awww,but you know I have to prepare dinner otherwise your mother will complain that I am starving her darling son to death. . . grin
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by SisiKill1: 4:31pm On Jul 13, 2012
Ishilove:
Oh,lovers kwanta. . . .
Alright then,carry on! grin
Lmao! Yes oh! That's what it is. cheesy

Oh I know he likes to pretend there is nothing between us. So don't be alarmed when he come on here and starts raining curses on my head. It is all part of our love wantintin. kiss

Under that tough man exterior is a man who loves with all his heart, especially if you are a person of God.

I won't lie. . .He totally gets me. He knows how to push my buttons.

Sigh! True Love is a beautiful thing. . . I highly recommend it.

1 Like

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 13, 2012
Ishilove:
Awww,but you know I have to prepare dinner otherwise your mother will complain that I am starving her darling son to death. . . grin
cheesy, your smile alone dey sweet my belle. We'll eat out, its friday!
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by Ishilove: 4:36pm On Jul 13, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Lmao! Yes oh! That's what it is. cheesy

Oh I know he likes to pretend there is nothing between us. So don't be alarmed when he come on here and starts raining curses on my head. It is all part of our love wantintin. kiss

Under that tough man exterior is a man who loves with all his heart, especially if you are a person of God.

I won't lie. . .He totally gets me. He knows how to push my buttons.

Sigh! True Love is a beautiful thing. . . I highly recommend it.
Lol!

Enough please,before I die of envy angry
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by Ishilove: 4:38pm On Jul 13, 2012
BoboYekini: cheesy, your smile alone dey sweet my belle. We'll eat out, its friday!
Okay!

Where do you have in mind? (We are seriously derailing the thread) cheesy
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 13, 2012
Ishilove:
Okay!

Where do you have in mind? (We are seriously derailing the thread) cheesy
cheesy what thread? Its only you i have eyes for jor..
where would you like? seeing its fri, i'm thinking point n kill..
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by Ishilove: 4:45pm On Jul 13, 2012
BoboYekini:
cheesy what thread? Its only you i have eyes for jor..
where would you like? seeing its fri, i'm thinking point n kill..
Now that's wasup. Yum yum cheesy
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 13, 2012
Ishilove:
Now that's wasup. Yum yum cheesy
Isn't this PDA? What we're doing cheesy
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by Ishilove: 4:56pm On Jul 13, 2012
BoboYekini:
Isn't this PDA? What we're doing cheesy
What's PDA? undecided
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 13, 2012
Ishilove:
What's PDA? undecided
public display of affection smiley kiss cheesy
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by Ishilove: 5:03pm On Jul 13, 2012
BoboYekini: public display of affection smiley kiss cheesy
O my rove,indeed it is! tongue
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 13, 2012
Ishilove:
O my rove,indeed it is! tongue
*sigh* ishilove smiley
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by Ishilove: 5:24pm On Jul 13, 2012
BoboYekini: *sigh* ishilove smiley
O BoboYekini... *sigh* sad
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by meedx: 6:32pm On Jul 13, 2012
naptu2: The "fryover" girl was the village wife of (gosh I've forgotten his name), who was married to Mildred Iweka. His mother wanted a grandchild and since Mildred Iweka hadn't conceived, she brought the village wife as an alternative.

First saw RMD in Jagua Nana's Daughter circa 1987 on NTA 2 Ch 5.
His name on set was Nduka.
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by naptu2: 6:36pm On Jul 13, 2012
meedx:
His name on set was Nduka.

Thanx
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by Akudad: 11:19pm On Jul 13, 2012
Nt 4gettin family circle and candle light
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by Ishilove: 11:25pm On Jul 13, 2012
Akudad: Nt 4gettin family circle and candle light
These shows are so 21st century... We're talking about shows that aired in the 80's
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by lioncoolst(m): 9:01am On Jul 14, 2012
Samanja, Animal Kingdom, Story land
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by Sirmee(m): 10:53am On Jul 14, 2012
Sorry for going off point, how many people rememba dat most of dis series were watched on black and white televisions and not d HD's, LCD'S, 3D's etc...

1 Like

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by naptu2: 11:35am On Jul 14, 2012
Sirmee: Sorry for going off point, how many people rememba dat most of dis series were watched on black and white televisions and not d HD's, LCD'S, 3D's etc...

From 1982/83 onwards I watched them on a coloured tv. smiley

1 Like

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by nanidee(f): 6:02pm On Jul 14, 2012
pro01: Willy-Willy and Pot of Life have got to be the scariest programmes in television history. Damn. Meanwhile all of una don old oh. i thought the likes of nanidee and Sisi_Kill et al were these 1992- 1995 pikins that populate NL.

lmao. . . im an 80s baby wink
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by nanidee(f): 6:06pm On Jul 14, 2012
Pakavy: ryt on point esp when paloma has replaced magana jari ce

lioncoolst: Samanja, Animal Kingdom, Story land

Oh my God, I remember all of these. I cant really say i know what the story lines were all about, except story land of course. I remember the song cheesy

story land, story land
land of music, come and share (or something like that)
story land, story land
bring your friends along
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by naptu2: 7:25pm On Jul 14, 2012
Village Headmaster: Amebo outs an undercover policewoman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xutwP3AK8MY
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by nanidee(f): 7:32pm On Jul 14, 2012
^^ what a classic. Mehn, watching all these are just. . . cheesy cheesy
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by ifihearam: 12:23am On Jul 15, 2012
One of the most matured threads ever here
I remember hotel d jordan from nta benin dat year
Obob we get matured pplle here ooo
No wonder these kids nor fit contribute ooo

2 Likes

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by dont8(m): 1:14am On Jul 15, 2012
naptu2:

From 1982/83 onwards I watched them on a coloured tv. smiley
Yes, black and white are coloured also, especially when you put magnet!cheesy
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by naptu2: 5:44am On Jul 15, 2012
dont8:
Yes, black and white are coloured also, especially when you put magnet!cheesy

Had a HUGE black and white tv set (I think it was Grundig), then in 1981/82 came the Orion coloured tv (there was another coloured tv set, but I've forgotten the name), then in 1985, after dad's trip to Japan, came the beloved Panasonic (I LOVED that Panasonic).

We also had a HUGE radiogram (how many people remember those), then one other sound system that played cartridges, then finally, my beloved JVC.

1 Like

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by naptu2: 11:21am On Jul 15, 2012
tpia@:
seriously though, i've been wondering why it seems nigerian television started in the 80s.

what programs did people watch in the seventies?

i know the 60s probably had no indigenous tv so no need to mention it i suppose.

UKONU'S CLUB (1964)
When television came to Eastern Nigeria in 1964, the breakout hit on the programming schedule of Enugu's ENTV was "Ukonu's Club," the raucous variety show hosted by "Mazi" Anyaogu Elekwachi Ukonu. (left)

Mazi Ukonu had travelled to the United States in the 1950s but instead ended up becoming an actor, playing bit parts in Hollywood movies. Returning to Nigeria in the early sixties, he would reign for two decades as the premier broadcaster and comedian in Eastern Nigeria, producing a broad spectrum of television programmes, founding NTV 6 in Aba, and discovering, nurturing and showcasing a host of talents including Chika "Zebrudaya" Okpala, James "Gringory" Iroha, Pete Edochie, and an array of popular musical artistes. Over the course of his twenty-year television career, Mazi A.E. Ukonu was praised in proletarian and intellectual circles alike—he has been cited as Chief Obafemi Awolowo's favourite comedian—and hailed as the consummate Nigerian entertainer.

(Photo by Peter Obe)

Quite a few of the programmes that have been mentioned here actually started in the 1970s. For example, Village Headmaster was aired in the 1970s, while New Village Headmaster was aired in the 1980s and 90s. I'm trying to remember the cast of the original Village Headmaster, I don't know if somebody out there can help me out.

Dr Bassey Okon (1970s, played by Jab Adu), Fatia Okon (1970s, played by Rosaline Birch), Okoro (1970s & 80s, played by the great Jimmy Johnson), Amebo (1970s, 80s & 90s, played by Ibidun Allison), Sisi Clara (1970s & 80s, played by Elsie Olusola, Segun Olusola's wife), Village Headmaster (Femi Robinson [1970s], Justus Esiri [1980s], it was played by another actor in the 70s, but I can't remember his name), The Oloja of Oja (1970s, 80s & 90s, Dejumo Lewis), Boniface (1980s, ?)

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by nanidee(f): 12:38pm On Jul 16, 2012
ifihearam: One of the most matured threads ever here
I remember hotel d jordan from nta benin dat year
Obob we get matured pplle here ooo
No wonder these kids nor fit contribute ooo

Lol. . . Abi o, if not, them for don turn the thread to bashing galore. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by nanidee(f): 12:43pm On Jul 16, 2012
@ naptu, it's quite intersting that you remember a lot of tv shows from back then.

All these just remind me of the good old days, when Nigeria was still nice sad. Too bad all they show on tv in Nigeria these days is 'prime time jamz', sound city and the likes. Na wa ooooo.

1 Like

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by SisiKill1: 9:44pm On Jul 16, 2012
pro01: Willy-Willy and Pot of Life have got to be the scariest programmes in television history. Damn. Meanwhile all of una don old oh. i thought the likes of nanidee and Sisi_Kill et al were these 1992- 1995 pikins that populate NL.
Hahahaha!! I just saw this!!

I'm young oh. . .I know about these shows because. . .because. . .ehm. . . I. . .errr. . .my older brothers. . .recorded. . .saved it!! Yes, Yes, that's it. . .my brothers tivoed these shows before I was born so that one day I will be able to talk about them.

I hope with these few words of mine, I have been able to convince you that I am young!! cool
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by infogenius(m): 12:49am On Sep 07, 2012
Can anyone remember "Sura the tailor"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet 2018 Bbnaija Contestants: All You Need To Know About Them!! / Hushpuppi Film: Aremu Afolayan To 50 Cent 'I’m The One You’re Looking For' / Silverbird Center Port Harcourt: Many Years After Shut Down: Pics & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.