Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,613 members, 7,827,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. (15986 Views)

South Africa Police 'recover Car Stolen 22 Years Ago' / Guess This Is One Way Of Avoiding Getting Your Car Stolen Or Burgled / Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by acidtalk: 12:54am On Jul 11, 2012
The fear of Every car owner is (1) for the car to break down while on the road and (2) to get stolen.

The latter being the most scary. No car (or property) owner ever dreams or imagine his / her car getting stolen.

Nairalanders, can you share your experience on when you had you car stolen and how and where you recovered it (if you ever did).

Also what are the measures you will advice car owners to take to ensure their cars never get stolen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by bigx(m): 3:41pm On Jul 11, 2012
acidtalk: The fear of Every car owner is (1) for the car to break down while on the road and (2) to get stolen.

The latter being the most scary. No car (or property) owner ever dreams or imagine his / her car getting stolen.

Nairalanders, can you share your experience on when you had you car stolen and how and where you recovered it (if you ever did).

Also what are the measures you will advice car owners to take to ensure their cars never get stolen.

No I haven't but my Fiancee had her car stolen (more like picked) earlier this year.
We were together and she decided to drive out around 9 to get bread, she parked her car (Bigger light Camry) by the road, locked it and went across to the supermarket to buy the bread, she said when she returned, the place she parked was empty, that she was so confused she started searching adjacent streets if she mistakenly parked there and forgot.
Long and short, she called me that it had been stolen, we went to make a police report that night (after parting with some money), they promised fire and brimstone, but till today, that car is history. It has been replaced with something better though, no need crying over spilt milk sad

A car tracker would have helped with that car, though till today its a mystery how the car left as she still has all the keys

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by acidtalk: 5:39pm On Jul 11, 2012
bigx:

No I haven't but my Fiancee had her car stolen (more like picked) earlier this year.
We were together and she decided to drive out around 9 to get bread, she parked her car (Bigger light Camry) by the road, locked it and went across to the supermarket to buy the bread, she said when she returned, the place she parked was empty, that she was so confused she started searching adjacent streets if she mistakenly parked there and forgot.
Long and short, she called me that it had been stolen, we went to make a police report that night (after parting with some money), they promised fire and brimstone, but till today, that car is history. It has been replaced with something better though, no need crying over spilt milk sad

A car tracker would have helped with that car, though till today its a mystery how the car left as she still has all the keys

wooow!!! such a sad one.

But it baffles me how people spend hundred of thousands and sometime even millions buying a car and dont deem it fit to put a car tracker of less that 40k in it or even get it insured.

Hope she knows better now.

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by Connoisseur(m): 10:14pm On Jul 11, 2012
My Nissan Murano jeep was snatched at gunpoint this Sunday th 8th of July. I wish I had Tia mtntracking installed. A 3 weeks old car

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by bigx(m): 10:16pm On Jul 11, 2012
Connoisseur: My Nissan Murano jeep was snatched at gunpoint this Sunday th 8th of July. I wish I had Tia mtntracking installed. A 3 weeks old car

Wow, that must have been scary. I never wish to be a victim of that. Take heart

4 Likes

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by acidtalk: 10:22pm On Jul 11, 2012
Connoisseur: My Nissan Murano jeep was snatched at gunpoint this Sunday th 8th of July. I wish I had Tia mtntracking installed. A 3 weeks old car

Damn this is scary. I mean really scary.
I think I am discovering something very meaningful.

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by Connoisseur(m): 8:44am On Jul 12, 2012
Yeah, it sure was scary. Moving to install MTN tracker on the other cars

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by acidtalk: 10:13am On Jul 12, 2012
Connoisseur: Yeah, it sure was scary. Moving to install MTN tracker on the other cars

Please do because it will save you from the huge loss.

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by pecopeco: 5:10pm On Jul 12, 2012
always use car tracker, thats the best option

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by searchcorp(m): 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2012

I'm speechless m3hn, take heart, better ones are coming...

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by unipol(m): 5:22pm On Jul 12, 2012
please, someone should educate us on this car tracker, how it fuctions and e.t.c

5 Likes

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by delimit(m): 5:29pm On Jul 12, 2012
I think insurance is better than tracker since insurance covers accident and theft (comprehensive) though sometimes insurance company can be funny
Most car snatcher now have decoder to decode the tracker

3 Likes

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by spyder880(m): 5:32pm On Jul 12, 2012
My Nissan Bluebird, 96 model was stolen from where I parked it to attend a burial in a nearby compound. It seems I left the window glass low and thats how the thief got into the car and drove off. The car was never found. This was January 2010, just carelessness, never thought anyone can try me in that area since I am well known.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by acidtalk: 5:33pm On Jul 12, 2012
delimit: I think insurance is better than tracker since insurance covers accident and theft (comprehensive) though sometimes insurance company can be funny
Most car snatcher now have decoder to decode the tracker

Every single insurance company will insist you get a vehicle tracke or some kind of security if the insurance is to cover theft.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by Biggyd2: 5:38pm On Jul 12, 2012
Someone close. Went for Sunday service. By the time he came back, he met an empty space where he had parked the car!
Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by micklplus(m): 5:39pm On Jul 12, 2012
I was a victim once and I don't pray to be a victim again. I was given a toyota corolla in the office on friday and the car was stolen sunday morning!(Oct 2011) Funny enough, I saw the car 6:30am and by 7:45am, the car was gone! So sad but then I got other car and I am still paying for the car till today.

I am wiser now oo. Pedal lock, steering lock, immobiliser!!! They are always in place even inside my compound.

5 Likes

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 12, 2012
Thats an inside job.

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by acidtalk: 5:40pm On Jul 12, 2012
Biggyd2: Someone close. Went for Sunday service. By the time he came back, he met an empty space where he had parked the car!

And of course he covered the car withe the blood of Jesus before enterying the church.
He would have really felt God hated in so much at that moment?
Why on a sunday? what was his sins and so many other things are what will be going through his head.
Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by FRANCISEKE1(m): 5:41pm On Jul 12, 2012
acidtalk: The fear of Every car owner is (1) for the car to break down while on the road and (2) to get stolen.

monitor and shut down your car with iphone or any gps enabled gadget.call 08035792125

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 12, 2012
Just touching any of my cars will trigger off the fhucking noisy alarm.

3 Likes

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by acidtalk: 5:48pm On Jul 12, 2012
Billyonaire: Just touching any of my cars will trigger off the fhucking noisy alarm.

Gbogbo big boys.
Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 12, 2012
spyder880: [b]My Nissan Bluebird, 96 model [/b]was stolen from where I parked it to attend a burial in a nearby compound. It seems I left the window glass low and thats how the thief got into the car and drove off. The car was never found. This was January 2010, just carelessness, never thought anyone can try me in that area since I am well known.

Please who will steal such a car?
Abi you should even give the thief extra money as 'change'. grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by vil(m): 5:54pm On Jul 12, 2012
mine was stolen december last year. best advice is get security + steering and pedal lock
Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by wesley80(m): 5:57pm On Jul 12, 2012
micklplus: I was a victim once and I don't pray to be a victim again. I was given a toyota corolla in the office on friday and the car was stolen sunday morning!(Oct 2011) Funny enough, I saw the car 6:30am and by 7:45am, the car was gone! So sad but then I got other car and I am still paying for the car till today.

I am wiser now oo. Pedal lock, steering lock, demobiliser!!! They are always in place even inside my compound.
cheesy
Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 12, 2012
One Fateful nite on the 3rd of march 2012, around 9 pm, I drove thru a street then noticed a car flashing its lights behind me, then I tot 2 myself,hope I wasn't blocking this person from gettin to his destination or probalbly he was in a haste to get into his house, then I slowd down n slightly pulled over jst to giv d driver a chance to pass, jst wen the driver got into d same position and I could see the occupants of the vehicle, I saw a guy in front pointn hands at me before I could understand,he had dropped from d car corkn a rifle, b4 I could say anytn 2 mor guys came down from the back of the car,' my friend come down & LYE DOWN!my friend' the guy with d rifle shouted, then it dawned on me dat a robbery was in progrss, they dragged me to the other side told me to face d ground search my pockts, reversd their car, got into my car reversed in an 007 style n zoomd off, d street was silent as hell! Wen I stood up, it was like I jst ressurectd! It was honda civic 2000, my regret was dat I disabled d timer because I tot it was givn me problem, bt nw I hav soo learnt my lesson. I really thanl God for my life, because if I was shot, I dnt tink I could hav survivd it
Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by jossy26: 6:00pm On Jul 12, 2012
;DA very nice topic op; my sis toyota sienna, 2001 model was stolen at gun point last year just as she was about entering her compound. The robbers drove the car while they forced her to go with them.
She was dispossessed of all other belongings except for a starcomm phone dat was under the rug and was on silent mode

They asked her to unlock the security, cos the car has this security stuff that switches the engine off after five minutes if the door has been open

Cutting the story short, they dropped her after covering some kilometers and drove away, she dialled the starcomm number nd it rang, then called the customer care to locate the car; she was told its somewhere around abeokuta ( car was stolen in sango).
We informed the police about it and stated all the necessary yet they were not able to recover it

I would advise a comprehensive insurance for all car owners, cos even with your tracker, police may not be able to help you recover it. I use leadway assurrance, I think they ok; I hope someone there will read my post and pay me for this advert ;DA very nice topic op; my sis toyota sienna, 2001 model was stolen at gun point last year just as she was about entering her compound. The robbers drove the car while they forced her to go with them.
She was dispossessed of all other belongings except for a starcomm phone dat was under the rug and was on silent mode

They asked her to unlock the security, cos the car has this security stuff that switches the engine off after five minutes if the door has been open

Cutting the story short, they dropped her after covering some kilometers and drove away, she dialled the starcomm number nd it rang, then called the customer care to locate the car; she was told its somewhere around abeokuta ( car was stolen in sango).
We informed the police about it and stated all the necessary yet they were not able to recover it

I would advise a comprehensive insurance for all car owners, cos even with your tracker, police may not be able to help you recover it. I use leadway assurrance, I think they ok; I hope someone there will read my post and pay me for this advert
Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by zeefa: 6:09pm On Jul 12, 2012
My honda halla american spec was stolen about 8yrs ago in ogbomosho caretaker area around 8pm. I parked the car in front of my friend's house and before I came back the car was gone! In fact, I was so clueless that I was searching under the canal close to where I parked it. The funny thing about it is that the car was just 3months old the same day I had it stolen. I reported it @ d nearest police station even went to odo oba police station but 2 kw avail! To God be the glory, I av gotten 2 cars after the terrible experience.
Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by purefella(m): 6:13pm On Jul 12, 2012
My car was stolen 3months after purchase . It was really painful and lots of people advise me to consult Sango(God Of Thunder) and do some voodoo to get the car back very funny! . I only reported it at the police station , newspaper and here on NL check the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/782901/stolen-vehicle-toyota-avalon-2000

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by Biggyd2: 6:20pm On Jul 12, 2012
acidtalk:

And of course he covered the car withe the blood of Jesus before enterying the church.
He would have really felt God hated in so much at that moment?
Why on a sunday? what was his sins and so many other things are what will be going through his head.

Thanks for your opinion, but thankfully, he doesnt need it. Thanks for nothing, dear, you may go elsewhere and spread your ACID erhm TALK. We dont need it wink

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by ruemu(m): 6:26pm On Jul 12, 2012
hmm.. mine was an Honda CRV December 18th. 2011. parked b4 entering church.. less than 45mins later the ride is gone.
Funny I still have an idea of the guyz that stole the ride.
I was suspicious. went back to remove the cash I have in it. (100k + )
My Joy was that I removed the cash, bcoz those bastard would have be cursing me, while using my money to drink BEER.
The SAD thing I was destabilized just a week to christmas.
Well 2nd week in Jan 2012. I got a smaller ride that run my shows pending when I can replace d loss.

My advice, do all u can to avoid theft, weather u install tracker bla bla or insurance.
After reporting/documenting the theft at the police station avoid ur police coz they'll open office for your head.

Take care.

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by ZUBY77(m): 6:36pm On Jul 12, 2012
I insured my car with Ifa and Amadioha. Anyone who attempt to steal it will lock himself inside permanently.
Re: Ever Had Your Car Stolen Before? Advice Others. by Remii(m): 6:38pm On Jul 12, 2012
My Lexus gx470 was snatched at gun point at gbongan junction, the robbers took me and my wife hostage in the car for about two hours and drove us over 150 km away towards Oyo town before let us go in middle of nowhere just to confirm the car would not stop either by electronics or fuel shut off mechanism. I didn't regret not tracking it because they threatened to kill us if the car had stopped. I only regret under insuring the car. Unfortunately Nigeria Police is a disappointment. My BB stolen with the car is still in use in Cotonou by a young lady yet NPF has not done anything since January 2012.

Advise: Comprehensively insure your car for an amount that can give you another car if stolen or damaged.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are Nissan Cars Stronger Than Toyota Cars? / Mercedes Is Working On Electric G-Class SUV / Diesel Engine Club, You Welcome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.