Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,997 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Vanguardngr.com Is Reporting "Attack Page" - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Vanguardngr.com Is Reporting "Attack Page" (1271 Views)

Nairaland Regain Its No. 1 Spot Beats VanguardNGR.com / Help!!! vanguard Site (vanguardngr.com) Don Give Me Pc Virus O! / Does vanguardngr Have An Rss Or Any Means Of Accessing Their News? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vanguardngr.com Is Reporting "Attack Page" by egift(m): 9:47am On Jul 11, 2012
Just visited www.vanguardngr.com and it reported attack page! (I have attached a screen shot below) - Is it just me?

Also I am posting this to ask, what causes a site to report such message? I will not like to have any of my sites displaying that. And my security settings on the browser is just moderate.

Re: Vanguardngr.com Is Reporting "Attack Page" by yawatide(f): 12:43pm On Jul 11, 2012
I just visited the site about 30 minutes ago and didn't get the error. I too use firefox exclusively. Maybe the attack is location-specific or was detected and taken care of before I got there.

About 3 or so years ago, I got a similar message on my site. For some odd reason, something told me to go to my google webmasters page. When I got there, I was told that the site was a victim of iframe inclusion. I look at the view source and found the iframe included. Consequently, I took it out. The site hasn't fallen victim of an attack since. The site is an ecommerce site, that uses opencart.
Re: Vanguardngr.com Is Reporting "Attack Page" by yawatide(f): 1:11pm On Jul 11, 2012
Update:
I clicked on the following link on the site and got the "attack" message:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/group-to-declare-state-of-biafra-nov-5/

Considering for today, I didn't find any news links on their site worthy of clicking, that may explain why I didn't get it on their home page. Of course, having been the victim of malware/virus attacks as recently as last year, I am not going to click other links to confirm my suspicions tongue
Re: Vanguardngr.com Is Reporting "Attack Page" by egift(m): 3:42pm On Jul 11, 2012
yawa-ti-de:
I just visited the site about 30 minutes ago and didn't get the error. I too use firefox exclusively. Maybe the attack is location-specific or was detected and taken care of before I got there.

About 3 or so years ago, I got a similar message on my site. For some odd reason, something told me to go to my google webmasters page. When I got there, I was told that the site was a victim of iframe inclusion. I look at the view source and found the iframe included. Consequently, I took it out. The site hasn't fallen victim of an attack since. The site is an ecommerce site, that uses opencart.

For fear of being infected by anything I was not too keen to browse around with other browsers.
Re: Vanguardngr.com Is Reporting "Attack Page" by egift(m): 3:46pm On Jul 11, 2012
yawa-ti-de:
Update:
I clicked on the following link on the site and got the "attack" message:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/group-to-declare-state-of-biafra-nov-5/

Considering for today, I didn't find any news links on their site worthy of clicking, that may explain why I didn't get it on their home page. Of course, having been the victim of malware/virus attacks as recently as last year, I am not going to click other links to confirm my suspicions tongue

Thanks for the update. It seems if you dismiss the message the first time it does not come up again.

One other issue I have notice is: How can a website as large as Vanguard not have a "Search Bar"? At least, they can put Adsense Search on it.
Re: Vanguardngr.com Is Reporting "Attack Page" by yawatide(f): 5:51pm On Jul 11, 2012
Maaan! I have been asking the same question about search bar for the longest. They used to have it before but then, someone in all their "wisdom" decided against it. Now, I have to literally go through all the stories and rely on my google news feed as opposed to going straight to what I want from their site angry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Blog Danaty.org Has Been Hacked. That I have been killing Muslims in Nigeria / Do You Know You Can Use An Image To Describe Your Search On Google / My #20k Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.