Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,587 members, 7,837,217 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

What To Do Before Going For Service - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What To Do Before Going For Service (1153 Views)

Thinking Of Going For Pharmacy Or Dentistry After B.sc In Botany (advice pls) / Preparing You For Service Desk Jobs, With Itil Advantage: / What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do Before Going For Service by wolebs0007(m): 1:25pm On Jul 11, 2012
I'm an aspiring batch C corps member(2012) but right now I'm tired of sitting at home.I need sincere advice of what to do to occupy myself before serving.
Re: What To Do Before Going For Service by spicyv1(f): 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2012
wolebs0007: I'm an aspiring batch C corps member(2012) but right now I'm tired of sitting at home.I need sincere advice of what to do to occupy myself before serving.

There are a number θf valuable stuff you could do. Now is the time to further develop yourself and strategically map out what you want to achieve in the future. Start now to acquire skills.

Take short courses that will boost your CV or go and volunteer with an organisation for the sake θf work experience. I know a young lady who was without a job for almost a year after NYSC inspite θf having a first degree from the U.S.A and a masters degree from the U.K! However, the job she eventually landed, she got because she had been there to volunteer and that gave her an edge when there was eventually an opening with the organisation.

Most θf the solutions I proffer now in exchange for money are skills I gathered doing stuff for free when I graduated from school in 2005 and awaiting NYSC.

1 Like

Re: What To Do Before Going For Service by wolebs0007(m): 11:03pm On Jul 19, 2012
spicy v:

There are a number θf valuable stuff you could do. Now is the time to further develop yourself and strategically map out what you want to achieve in the future. Start now to acquire skills.

Take short courses that will boost your CV or go and volunteer with an organisation for the sake θf work experience. I know a young lady who was without a job for almost a year after NYSC inspite θf having a first degree from the U.S.A and a masters degree from the U.K! However, the job she eventually landed, she got because she had been there to volunteer and that gave her an edge when there was eventually an opening with the organisation.

Most θf the solutions I proffer now in exchange for money are skills I gathered doing stuff for free when I graduated from school in 2005 and awaiting NYSC.
[color=#990000][/color]
Thanks so much.
Re: What To Do Before Going For Service by spicyv1(f): 2:22pm On Jul 20, 2012
Oh for nothing!

Cheers
Re: What To Do Before Going For Service by Adexy4us(m): 10:11am On Jul 21, 2012
Mayb u shud consider being a website designer....very easy to learn and make money
Re: What To Do Before Going For Service by wolebs0007(m): 9:41pm On Jul 21, 2012
Adexy4us: Mayb u shud consider being a website designer....very easy to learn and make money
How do I go about it pls?
Re: What To Do Before Going For Service by Adexy4us(m): 10:05pm On Jul 21, 2012
wolebs0007:
How do I go about it pls?
dats nt a problem, Cal me on 08034114***

(1) (Reply)

Relationship Management Officer And Marketer. Is There Any Difference? / / Some of The Forces Keeping You In The Rat Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.