Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,802 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Hyundai Elantra 2012 Or 2011 Camry? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hyundai Elantra 2012 Or 2011 Camry? (4491 Views)

Hyundai elantra 2012 Key Programming / Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 / Market Price For Brand New Hyundai Elantra - 2011/2012 Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hyundai Elantra 2012 Or 2011 Camry? by sehawale: 1:44am On Jul 12, 2012
Brand New Hyundai Elantra 2012 OR Tokz 2011 Camry. (same Price) Advice??
Re: Hyundai Elantra 2012 Or 2011 Camry? by sehawale: 2:41pm On Jul 13, 2012
L&Gs, please i need ur advice on this: I have priced brand new (2012) Hyundai Elantra and Tokunbo 2011 Camry. The prices are pretty much thesame. pls advise me on which one to go for. It is urgent plssss
Re: Hyundai Elantra 2012 Or 2011 Camry? by mogbomoya: 3:11pm On Jul 13, 2012
The brand new car would be better.
Re: Hyundai Elantra 2012 Or 2011 Camry? by sehawale: 3:25pm On Jul 13, 2012
mogbomoya: The brand new car would be better.

Thank you ,mogbomoya. It's been hard making up my mind. some say Hyundai isn't as good as Camry. I love the design of the new elantra tho
Re: Hyundai Elantra 2012 Or 2011 Camry? by FindOut(m): 3:49pm On Jul 13, 2012
Hmmm...tough choice.

The new Elantra is lovely, very CUTE, in and out. New design for that matter. Hyundai has a good track record in Nigeria as far as I know, & judging by their models in the last 10 yrs, plus personal experience of a family friend, I dare say, Hyundai is pretty rugged. I believe it comes with a 1.8 litre engine, & I know for certain that its not as heavy as the camry.

The camry 2011 is cool. Tho the shape has been around for 5 years, & another generation has replaced it. Therefore its no longer the ''latest model''. Its a camry, i.e. It is rugged, durable e.t.c. It is MAJESTIC. It has a 2.4 litre engine ( for the 4 cylinder) & a 3.5litre engine for the V6.

*note the words in block letters in my description of both cars.lol*

That said, I believe I'll enjoy a trip from lagos to Ibadan better in the Camry than in the Elantra for the obvious fact that the camry will be more balanced at high speeds than the elantra. & personally, I love acceleration & power.
If you buy the Elantra, you may not have anything to do on the car for the next 3 years except regular servicing.
If you buy a non-accidented very low mileage 2011 camry toks (shouldnt be hard to get), you MAY also not have anything to do to the engine for a long time, except routine servicing.

If you buy your Elantra at Stallion or anywhere in Nigeria, its likely to come with only 2 or 4 airbags. However, they'll have the ''full option'' ones too that come with 10 airbags, but you'll likely have to cough out an extra 500k (minimum) to get that.

If you buy a toks Camry XLE, you'll get american specs standard & much more luxury & safety features than the Elantra *i dont know if the camry 2011 has auxilliary audio jack tho*

I dont want to give you a straight up advice, coz its your money smiley , thats why I'm simply enlightening you further about the cars tho i'm making a few assumptions here coz I dont know the spec level (GLS, LE, XLE) of the cars in question you r considering.

So, if it were me, I think I'll go for a non accidented, low mileage, clean history 2011 Camry XLE (preferably V6) rather than a brand new 2011 Elantra GLS, especially one bought in Nigeria.

All the best. & pls update the thread when you make your choice.

& if you have a wife & wouldnt mind giving here the car after a while, just buy the Elantra. She'll love it smiley

Note that the Elantra is more fuel efficient than the camry, & you'll notice the difference even more when compared with a V6 camry.

4 Likes

Re: Hyundai Elantra 2012 Or 2011 Camry? by baaliyah(m): 5:11pm On Jul 13, 2012
Find out has said it all. U can get 5-10k miles camry that will still be almost new.
I will take the 2011 camry if it s XLE.
Re: Hyundai Elantra 2012 Or 2011 Camry? by GarbaAudu: 6:03pm On Jul 13, 2012
Hyundai elantra is cool but it is no match for camry. It is in the 1.8l category viz- corolla, civic, golf etc. Why can't you go for Hyundai Sonata? This ride beats camry slightly.
Re: Hyundai Elantra 2012 Or 2011 Camry? by sehawale: 6:12pm On Jul 13, 2012
@Find Out. U did far more than giving an advice! U just educated me on these two cars. My mind seems made up after reading thru your reply.

About passing on the car to my wife later, I am single but my girlfriend even prefers the Camry.

I am not minimizing car stability especially at high speed cos i've driven honda civic for a few years. Even when my Honda could do more speed, i got scared to do it cos it felt too light...

Thanks once again

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Elantra 2012 Or 2011 Camry? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 14, 2012
CAMRY
Re: Hyundai Elantra 2012 Or 2011 Camry? by FindOut(m): 9:53am On Jul 14, 2012
sehawale: @Find Out. U did far more than giving an advice! U just educated me on these two cars. My mind seems made up after reading thru your reply.

About passing on the car to my wife later, I am single but my girlfriend even prefers the Camry.

I am not minimizing car stability especially at high speed cos i've driven honda civic for a few years. Even when my Honda could do more speed, i got scared to do it cos it felt too light...

Thanks once again

Glad i could be of help bro. I assume you r going for the camry. If you don't mind the extra fuel bill, i suggest you go for the V6. But you have to be careful o. Lol. Coz even in older V6 model camrys, you wont know you r on 160km/hr until you glance at the speedometer. Your engine will be so silent & your car soo stable. I love V6 engines, but as of now, if i wan buy car today, na I4 o. I no get fuel money. When man pikin hammer, ehen, na V6 straight *Infiniti G35 on my mind* lol.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Elantra 2012 Or 2011 Camry? by sultaan(m): 5:03pm On Jul 15, 2012
The Camry should be 1.5 times more expensive than the Elantra.For same price you should pick a 2.4l engine over a 1.8l.

You are going to pay too much for either anyway, but before you pay for the Camry, better find out if it has a bad history or tampered with.
Re: Hyundai Elantra 2012 Or 2011 Camry? by sehawale: 8:13pm On Jul 15, 2012
sultaan: The Camry should be 1.5 times more expensive than the Elantra.For same price you should pick a 2.4l engine over a 1.8l.

You are going to pay too much for either anyway, but before you pay for the Camry, better find out if it has a bad history or tampered with.

Thanks Sultaan. I plan getting the Camry from the US (buy online and get it shipped down). The cost I'm talking about includes shipping and clearing. I intend buying 30,000 mileage, 6-Speed Automatic, 2.5L I4/V6, 2011 XLE. It cost around 17,500USD, shipment 1,500USD and clearing 800,000NGN which should cost like #4M plus service charge. I priced Elantra2012 @ Stallion. The leather seat type goes for #3,995,000.
Re: Hyundai Elantra 2012 Or 2011 Camry? by sultaan(m): 2:21am On Jul 16, 2012
Only in Naija will they collect $5,000 US import duty on a 2 year old car.
Naija people get too much money.If oil price ever gets to $50, things will be rough for that oil dependent economy.

Best deal is the Camry
Re: Hyundai Elantra 2012 Or 2011 Camry? by GarbaAudu: 3:40pm On Jul 16, 2012
Pls, which one is 2.5L I4/V6? I've never heard of one before.

(1) (Reply)

Which Car Can I Buy With 500-600k / CAR FUEL CONSUMPTION CALCULATION, Check It Out! / Please Help A Brother Select: Volvo V40 And Golf 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.