Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,199 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 (15173 Views)

Jonathan Received Land In Abuja Green Area— Melaye / Latest Results From Bayelsa State Rerun: Sahararepoters / Early Results From Bayelsa Election -vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by free2ryhme: 4:30pm On Jul 12, 2012

Nigeria’s First Lady, Mrs. Patience Jonathan, who became a Permanent Secretary in the government of Bayelsa State yesterday, has been paid a salary by that State since 1999, a SaharaReporters investigation has revealed.

That was the year she transferred her employment from Rivers State to Bayelsa after her husband became the deputy governor to deposed former governor and ex-convict, DSP Alamieyeseigha.

Several sources in the state civil service, say, however, that Mrs. Jonathan has never shown up for work. Yesterday, Seriake Dickson, the Governor of Bayelsa State who was himself handpicked for that position by President Goodluck Jonathan, appointed Mrs. Jonathan Permanent Secretary in the state civil service.

One of our sources said of Mrs. Jonathan: "She is a staff of civil service, she was being paid until a biometrics was done by [former governor] Sylva. She refused to show up for verification in 2009/2010 and her salary was briefly stopped."

The source stated that Mrs. Jonathan transferred her service from Rivers State as a director in the Ministry of Education and was considered on "on leave of absence" even in Rivers State while her husband worked at the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).

During the tenure of President Umaru Yar'adua, Mr. Jonathan, as Vice President, refused to declare his wife's assets, claiming that she was a civil servant in Bayelsa State.

The promotion to Permanent Secretary accorded Mrs. Jonathan contravenes civil service rules, according to the workers in state. They described her as a ghost worker who has not put in any work to deserve a place in the civil service. Instead of the promotion, they told SaharaReporters, such a worker ought to have been sanctioned and dismissed for truancy, as well as made to refund all of the back pay she has accumulated for absconding from work.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/sources-first-lady-patience-jonathan-has-received-salaries-bayelsa-state-1999

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by Kobojunkie: 4:36pm On Jul 12, 2012
This country makes me wonder why. . .

According to Bayelsa state though, she has not worked the last 12 years. Yet the state continued to pay her all this time? undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by sayso: 4:45pm On Jul 12, 2012
So how will the law work on this.
Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by pecopeco: 4:45pm On Jul 12, 2012
God saves us oo
Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by Pukkah: 4:48pm On Jul 12, 2012
Nigeria...an enemy unto herself!
Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 12, 2012
Na today? When my mom left the civil service in the early 80s to the US to study, she was told not to bother resigning. Apparently, her supervisor kept collecting her salary, and she realized sometime in 2004 she was still in civil service payroll. Someone was "eating" the salary all this while

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by Fourcade(m): 4:50pm On Jul 12, 2012
ok,seriously..how do i become a GHOST worker? undecided
#freelancing

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by Kobojunkie: 4:50pm On Jul 12, 2012
nwanna89: Na today? When my mom left the civil service in the early 80s to the US to study, she was told not to bother resigning. Apparently, her supervisor kept collecting her salary, and she realized sometime in 2004 she was still in civil service payroll. Someone was "eating" the salary all this while

OMG!!
Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by TheShopKeeper(m): 4:50pm On Jul 12, 2012
So our First Lady is a 'ghost worker'!!!

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by Kobojunkie: 4:51pm On Jul 12, 2012
Fourcade: ok,seriously..how do i become a GHOST worker? undecided
#freelancing

Forward me information too oo
Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by Afam4eva(m): 4:52pm On Jul 12, 2012
Nigeria, you never seize to surprise me.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by Freiburger(m): 4:53pm On Jul 12, 2012
^^lo.
Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by Castos(m): 4:54pm On Jul 12, 2012
Bayelsa is crazy! Hunger dey kill person here and someone had the guts to throw money inside a full money bag. What a waste, what a crime! angry. I want to cry, i need #200 for food, pls anyone
Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by buJu234: 4:56pm On Jul 12, 2012
of a truth; THIS WOMAN IS A CABAL

6 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by ezenwata4uc(m): 4:58pm On Jul 12, 2012
9ja way
Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by Pataki: 5:00pm On Jul 12, 2012
God, I have lost the energy to address this country.

Is that what Nigeria has become? embarassed

I am ashamed as a Nigerian.
Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by SisiKill1: 5:01pm On Jul 12, 2012
Sigh!!!
Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by pingpong1: 5:02pm On Jul 12, 2012
First Lady, Ghost worker now Perm Sec. all rolled into one. E don tey wey this people the thief.

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by meforkene(m): 5:03pm On Jul 12, 2012
The retarded governor is just being a psychophant...I hate democracy in nigeria..I don't even agree d fact that she was a director in a ministry..its shocking

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 12, 2012
Sahara reporters, the mouthpiece of Boko Haram, the mouthpiece of CIA covet operation code named "Boko Haram"; you guys are located in NY with sole aim of helping to break-up Nigeria by 2015. Una go fail.
Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by misterh(m): 5:05pm On Jul 12, 2012
Politically speaking, this is a wrong move by the Jonathans. This is coming @ a time when the opinion poll is against the govt. Not surprised abt the ghost worker issue coz she spends her time in Abj as the 1st lady, instead of her desk in Bayelsa. Anyone that still claims this govt means well needs to get his head checked.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by SisiKill1: 5:05pm On Jul 12, 2012
Pataki: God, I have lost the energy to address this country.

Is that what Nigeria has become? embarassed

I am ashamed as a Nigerian.

I suspect that's what they are trying to do. . .wear us out.

When you think this is the absolute lowest, last of the rung, rock bottom-est they can go, they come up with something else.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 12, 2012
My beaf is not even with the article and the first lady's ghost-worker status in the ministry of education (say what? Her? Really? Wow!), my beaf is with the picture. I involuntarily let out a scream when I saw it.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by CuteTj(m): 5:08pm On Jul 12, 2012
Ilu yi ti baje tan (this country is spoilt and finally rotten)!
Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by wowo2: 5:08pm On Jul 12, 2012
Now GEJ is trying to scheme a way out of it should it become inevitable to declare his assets. tief tief mentality
Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by cdoffx(m): 5:08pm On Jul 12, 2012
when the number 1 woman of the nation is engaged in this what then should a number infinity person like me be doing. how can this nation be saved for God sake

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by Biggyd2: 5:08pm On Jul 12, 2012
See as these fools dey expose themselves so. Mr. and Mrs. Jonah, chief fighters of corruption!

The two of you will not kill me with stress, I beg. So I ordered me customized punch bags designed in the form of male(GEJ) and female(peeh peeh) mannequins wink. When I start my kick boxing exercises, I target the head of the mannequins, as I recall the silly deeds of these two. And it is sooo therapeutic. Try it! grin grin grin.

I only wish I could kick in understanding into their heads in real life. angry angry angry
Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by yogun(f): 5:08pm On Jul 12, 2012
i don laff tire

this pple are absolutely shameless

the dumb governor felt he was making a historic announcement not knowing that he was further revealing the level of corruption in public sector.

Thou God of Hannaniah and Sephirah, pls visit our land!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by niddamugu(m): 5:09pm On Jul 12, 2012
Kobojunkie: This country makes me wonder why. . .

According to Bayelsa state though, she has not worked the last 12 years. Yet the state continued to pay her all this time? undecided undecided undecided undecided

You mean she has not reported for duty for past 12 years....? Very ridiculous angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by miteolu(m): 5:11pm On Jul 12, 2012
The creamy photo looks crying ( Is Pat. embarassed crying in this pix?).
Re: Patience Jonathan Received Salary From Bayelsa Since 1999 by alaoeri: 5:11pm On Jul 12, 2012
And ωε are blaming the abokis for having numerous ghost workers on government payroll. 9ja what a fail state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why We Are Slow In Fighting Corruption – Buhari / Kwankwaso: Osibanjo, Buni Reach Out To Former Governor To Join APC / Reinstate Betta Edu As Minister, Middle Belt Coalition Begs Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.