Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,175 members, 7,835,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal (16889 Views)

BVN: No More Deadline Extension, CBN Warns / Nigeria’s Economy Could Slip Into Recession, CBN Warns / Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by owobokiri(m): 9:03pm On Jul 12, 2012
Russia warns. , America scolds. . , South Africa deports. . , Ghana snarls . , Libya kills. . When it rains, it really pours.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by gbadexy(m): 9:03pm On Jul 12, 2012
Could someone please explain to me where I these money that I hear they realize from privatization go to.
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 12, 2012
gbadexy: Could someone please explain to me where I these money that I hear they realize from privatization go to.

Cassava bread investment... grin

Can anyone post a picture of what cassava bread looks like?

Hysterical!
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by cashmentor(m): 9:06pm On Jul 12, 2012
shymmex:

USA is the coward - it's always looking for proxies to fight its wars...

Mother Russia has never lost a war on home soil, but the same can't be said of USA. grin
this is just a Diplomatic Row....and not a war game! Russia are just trying to put Nigeria where we Belong.. Then again, Nigeria is a Company owned (or should i say "bought over"wink by the whites: America, China, Britain, even South Africa and Russian.... So, these Shareholders would always protect their investments.... I don't blame anybody for trying to bully Nigeria, we've placed ourselves so low!

1 Like

Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by TechRev: 9:08pm On Jul 12, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Honestly, it's so annoying and frustrating see these guys with veto power disorganizing the world because of their power tussle.If US had bargained well to be favored with the company,so be it.

Nigeria is still a sovereign state and Russia should respect that.We dont need their oil and we dont have anything to lose.If they have a problem with US in their scout for resources to back up their capitalist economy,then they should face the US instead of vesting their anger on Nigeria.The Nigeria constitution SUPERCEDES any treaty russia has with Nigeria.
WORD!!

What rubbish?
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 12, 2012
shymmex:

Nigeria is the one acting like America's satellite state...

They should nationalize the company - and tell both Russia and US to fvck off...

Nigeria doesnt have the swag to do that especially when the president is an obama-hilary puppet.
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 12, 2012
cashmentor: this is just a Diplomatic Row....and not a war game! Russia are just trying to put Nigeria where we Belong.. Then again, Nigeria is a Company owned (or should i say "bought over"wink by the whites: America, China, Britain, even South Africa and Russian.... So, these Share would always protect their investments.... I don't blame anybody for trying to bully Nigeria, we've placed ourselves so low!

Thank you!!

Nigeria is a joke... Other countries are nationalizing their most prized assets - Nigeria is out there like a prostitute looking for the highest bidder..

Shameless leaders...
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 12, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Nigeria doesnt have the swag to do that especially when the president is an obama-hilary puppet.

Which explains why we're a 4th world country...

I still can't believe a country as big as Nigeria don't have a well-defined foreign policy...

Yet we have hundreds of Ph.D holders in International Relation smh...
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by owobokiri(m): 9:17pm On Jul 12, 2012
gbadexy: Could someone please explain to me where I these money that I hear they realize from privatization go to.

what happened to Money realised? Privatized too!

1 Like

Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Spirit96(m): 9:22pm On Jul 12, 2012
misterh:
This is a diplomatic row that might just severe d relationship btw the two countries lightly & does not necessarily translate to war. War ko, raw ni!
THAT'S D LEVEL OF HIS UNDERSTANDING. HE WHO KNOWS NOT N KNOWS NOT THAT HE KNOWS NOT IS...
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 12, 2012
Mtcheew..Our military cannot even prevent an asthma attack![/quote]

so funny...I forgot to laugh. all these people using medical jargons to sound smart!
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 12, 2012
kbdrim:
Mtcheew..Our military cannot even prevent an asthma attack!

so funny I forgot to laugh!
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by s3nn2x(m): 9:34pm On Jul 12, 2012
donedy: I think the United States is behind this; Using GEJ as a means to get whatever he it needs.
How dumb can one be This makes no sense!
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by psalmizt(m): 9:42pm On Jul 12, 2012
Someone really needs to call off the bluff of this Russians, just because the owner has links with the Kremlin doesn't mean they can Lord it over a Sovereign nation. So these guys are saying even if you won a bid unfairly you should be allowed to keep your loot because waters have passed under the bridge grin grin grin I laugh in Swahili...

The Supreme Court is no joke ooooo, so they want the FG to ve contempt for a court of law, abegi make all these investors park one side jare. On one hand them go say make we strengthen the Judiciary on the other hand them say make we disobey... Clowns.... shocked shocked shocked
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Mekky2010: 9:57pm On Jul 12, 2012
In all of this, has anybody asked if the so called BFI Group has the capacity to bring out Alscon out of ruins? At least rusal is well known same cannot be said of BFI group. What happens to Rusal scholarship students in People's Friendship University Russia??
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by jude33084(m): 9:59pm On Jul 12, 2012
They have lost and No going back for this tongue
Russians should forget it cheesy
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by t3ky(m): 10:01pm On Jul 12, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]'Overheard GEJ telling his cabinet' I don,t give a damn, I am on top of the situation
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by maigaskiya1: 10:02pm On Jul 12, 2012
tobechi20: Gudluck, prepare 4 war

i trust our soldiers, they wil win russia.
When they cant win boko haram
war wit russia,mak una wait mak i park.atleast afghanistan wil be safer
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by AndroBlaze: 10:04pm On Jul 12, 2012
shymmex: We're lucky Russia isn't an imperialist country...

Otherwise, they would've bombed aso rock back to the stone age.. grin

So how are we "lucky". I feel most people will agree we are unlucky that this isn't the case.
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Wallie(m): 10:10pm On Jul 12, 2012
Scary how people are just so quick to blame the US for their dog eating poo instead of eba! Let’s try to recap the facts as it happened:

1. RUSAL and BFI Group sent bids to BPE over ALSCON;
2. RUSAL submitted a bid for $205 million;
3. BFI submitted a bid for $410 million;
4. RUSAL did not pay the required $1 million for participating in the bid process but not disqualified;
5. BFI declared winner on 14th April 2004 due to higher bid;
6. BPE disqualifies BFI because they claimed the 10% bid price was not paid within 15 working-days;
7. BFI takes BPE to court;
8. BFI wins in the Supreme Court.

Yet some conspiracy theorists are blaming the US? Isn’t clear that RUSAL was highly favored from the beginning and the privatization process was a scam? Have you guys seen the legislative report that ALSCON was really worth $3 billion? Let's even assume that the $3 billion figure is highly exaggerated and ALSCON is really worth half of that. Aren't you guys curious who made out with the remaining $1.295 billion?

5 Likes

Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Georgeolawole(m): 10:15pm On Jul 12, 2012
The 'Mighty' US at it again! When did Jonathan became a puppet of the US? Russia am very sure understood by now that the US is behind this n this will in no small way hamper relationship btw Nigeria and Russia. When will the Nigerian Govt. understand that the White House always play shady for her selfish interest n doesnt give a damn about us. What a 'Sick Nation.'
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by searay(m): 10:15pm On Jul 12, 2012
Warn Nigeria? Is this a threat or what?
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 12, 2012
shymmex:

Which explains why we're a 4th world country...

I still can't believe a country as big as Nigeria don't have a well-defined foreign policy...

Yet we have hundreds of Ph.D holders in International Relation smh...

Dont be surprised if we are still operating the foreign policy the british colonists left behind.How can we be making sacrifice for Africa without any reward yet we go about claiming the giant of Africa ?
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Callimo(m): 10:26pm On Jul 12, 2012
tobechi20: Gudluck, prepare 4 war

i trust our soldiers, they wil win russia.
When they cant win boko haram

You are a big DISAPPOINTMENT to this generation walai!
What a chicken minded man. Fu...k!!!
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by ariy(m): 10:36pm On Jul 12, 2012
owobokiri:

what happened to Money realised? Privatized too!
lol. pls i cant laugh o o!
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Callimo(m): 10:38pm On Jul 12, 2012
shymmex:

Cassava bread investment... grin

Can anyone post a picture of what cassava bread looks like?

Hysterical!

I very much think there is great need for both AGE and BRAIN verification before one is allowed into this forum, hence forth. Some people just post shits here.

Is Nigeria so low that we make ourselves sorry and laughing pictures to even some useless countries of the world. What?!

There is no nation in this world where you dont see Nigerians doing great things. We are a country of geniuses guys.
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 12, 2012
Elueme: Nigeria reserves the right to protect her primary interest, same Russia would have done if confronted with similar situation... They should shit their treat and employ a more diplomatic approach in seeking redress.. What bilateral relations are they referring? Parasitic one I guess
first sensible comment on this topic.
what has Nigeria gained from the years of the-so-called bi-lateral relationship with Russia? nothing!
a friend of mine who did his IT in ALSCON told me that graduates there earn btw 40-70k... imagine, working in that kinda hot envioronment with poisonous gases buzzing into your system.... Russia shud GO-TO-HELL... them don see small country wey dem wan carry shine....
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Arogunmasa(m): 11:04pm On Jul 12, 2012
D cold war era is nt over yet. The us needs our steel to build her war armanda same for Russia
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 12, 2012
Callimo:
I very much think there is great need for both AGE and BRAIN verification before one is allowed into this forum, hence forth. Some people just post shits here.

Is Nigeria so low that we make ourselves sorry and laughing pictures to even some useless countries of the world. What?!

There is no nation in this world where you dont see Nigerians doing great things. We are a country of geniuses guys.

If Nigeria isn't a useless country - then those Nigerian 'geniuses' doing great things in other nations in the world would've made the country the envy of others..

So, I believe we need to re-examine your age, and mental state before you post on here next time, because you sound like a lunatic.
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 12, 2012
The court ruling is final. I think Russia government should back out of this. It is not a national issue at all.
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by ebere1712: 11:34pm On Jul 12, 2012
dirtymoney:
first sensible comment on this topic.
what has Nigeria gained from the years of the-so-called bi-lateral relationship with Russia? nothing!
a friend of mine who did his IT in ALSCON told me that graduates there earn btw 40-70k... imagine, working in that kinda hot envioronment with poisonous gases buzzing into your system.... Russia shud GO-TO-HELL... them don see small country wey dem wan carry shine....
Nigeria is not a small country, it is just a pus*y one

1 Like

Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by cheddarking(m): 11:41pm On Jul 12, 2012
MASSOB might just have an ally afterall now... wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can You Become Self Employed With 100k / Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market / Shoemaker Urges Buhari To Ban Footwear Importation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.