Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 (9412 Views)

Hurray! Today Is World Book Day / What Plans Do You Have For The World Book Day? / Washington Post World Book Discussion With Robert Kagan On "dangerous Nation" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2012
nigerians ehhhh, kai! If e no concern u,, why u read am (come still take d pain comment about am?)! If u feel say d thing no make meaning, simply no comment about am. Seems everyone in this country is a critic.
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by Ardedaryor(m): 10:01pm On Jul 12, 2012
hmhmhmmh
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by Cuddlemii: 10:08pm On Jul 12, 2012
micoco: nigerians ehhhh, kai! If e no concern u,, why u read am (come still take d pain comment about am?)! If u feel say d thing no make meaning, simply no comment about am. Seems everyone in this country is a critic.

Welcome to the country, I presume you just arrived. lolz cheesy
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by crackhouse(m): 10:11pm On Jul 12, 2012
centje: D basic thing is dat its a good news. At least let us hear good news abt our cities for once nt kidnappin, bombing,lawangate,stock exchange scandal,pension scandal...
people got burnt while scooping fuel from a fallen petrol tanker, 91yr old raped 12yr old girl, husband bathed wife with acid for having illicit affair, trailer rammed into 18 seater bus & all died, kidnappers shot and killed a man after parting with a 2million ransom by the dead man's family, son of Nigerian Governor caught with cocaine in malaysia, fulani herdsmen invaded two villages in jos and massacred over 90 people, fmr Gov cleared of over 50 charges levelled against him in court and so on.
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by yemstok(m): 10:22pm On Jul 12, 2012
Mtscheew! How dis one take affect the price of garri? Wats d significance of dis one now
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 12, 2012
If bad news come, na 2 condem Naija... If nt so bad news come na 2 criticize Naija... If by miskate, 1 g☺☺d thing comes outta the British Colony, na tribalism I go hear......winch way 4ward??
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by Castos(m): 10:25pm On Jul 12, 2012
Dats good! One day they will name onitsha main market the biggest in the world! grin
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by wadoski: 10:38pm On Jul 12, 2012
Koolking: At present, what is the literacy level in PH to be named book capital 2014? Methinks, this is rather political not factual
And so are most awards, are u pained by it?
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by PaulJohn1: 10:41pm On Jul 12, 2012
Obijulius:

Jealousy, drop ur tribalism and celebrate with them, and pls stop counding Lagos cos its a mix of all nigerians.
Mugu...

Don't mind that guy. But you mentioning Lagos sound funny. Lagos is not the most educated state in s/west. Where do want to put Ogun, Ekiti & Ondo?
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by jayp2: 11:25pm On Jul 12, 2012
mukina2:

http://www.unesco.org/new/en/media-services/single-view/news/port_harcourt_named_world_book_capital_2014/
Whao! This is fabulous! This exhibit great number of Human Resources Nigeria has produced to the world.
Congratulations Port Harcourt!
Congratulations Nigeria!
I promise i'd be there 2014. By God's Grace.
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 12, 2012
Nigerians will never see anything good in any prestigious impression. Whereas the opposite is the case around the world. When are we going to learn to appreciate things for what they are meant for?

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by ICEMAN(m): 1:02am On Jul 13, 2012
LoL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by tpia5: 2:52am On Jul 13, 2012
the thread speaks for itself.
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by Nobody: 3:23am On Jul 13, 2012
tpia@:
the thread speaks for itself.
And u speak for the fishes..

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by DammyFx: 4:18am On Jul 13, 2012
City Of MONEY

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by neyyo101: 8:14am On Jul 13, 2012
i love this site Nairaland oooo...i purposely come here to read d kind of insult pple post here after reading d fact needed,i can't ignore d level at which pple trash dia mates here it kinda funny and interesting...av learnt how to insult pple politely and snub yawa...OMG...LOLS
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by Okijajuju1(m): 8:34am On Jul 13, 2012
Billyonaire: You have been parading your ignorance on this forum, the next time you wanna respond to my assertion please put on a thinking cap. My opinion is not food for the dogs.

Again!!! I wasnt trying to disrespect you.. But since you are already there, I guess there is no point ignoring you now..

This is the comment you made which I responded to;

Billyonaire: Port Harcourt was chosen cos no other City is ready to host an organization that has no relevance to present day realities.

Now, I dont know how else you came to this conclusion if you are not a stark raving lunatic, a drunkard and a glue junkie.. Nowhere in the post was it stated that Port-Harcourt hosted UNESCO nor that they are planning to host them.........

I might clown on Nairaland, but by God, I am still intellectually more brilliant than you..

So explain yourself and your precious opinion that isnt for dogs... UNESCO HQ where the announcement was made is in PARIS, France... UNESCO National HQ, is in Abuja not Port-Harcourt.. So Mr. Smarty pants, please explain to us sir, how you came to that retarded opinion of yours?!

I may be a dog, but atleast I am not an assmonkey..
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 13, 2012
tpia@:
does anywhere read more than sw'ern nigeria?

seriously.

Who told you SW has ever read more than the SE and SS, Free Education from AWO means SWners do not like school and book, therefore he made it free to attract them tongue
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by neyyo101: 10:10am On Jul 13, 2012
Who told you SW has ever read
more than the SE and SS, Free
Education from AWO means SWners
do not like school and book,
therefore he made it free to attract them ...@cheessboard or wats ur name?where are u from? D herd instinct of urs is likely to be insulted...only ekiti prof is enough for d whole ss and se...u gas put on ur thinking cap...GEJ IS FROM WHERE PLS?
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by undet: 10:51am On Jul 13, 2012
musKeeto:
We are not talking about palm reading here? tilapia, how water?

Oboy! Laff wan kill me here o. Palm reading... grin grin grin grin
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by undet: 10:55am On Jul 13, 2012
Paul John:

Don't mind that guy. But you mentioning Lagos sound funny. Lagos is not the most educated state in s/west. Where do want to put Ogun, Ekiti & Ondo?

True i am not from Ondo, Ekiti or Ogun but i know well that those states produced largest number of very sound professors around and the internationally recognized ones are largely from these states.
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by undet: 10:58am On Jul 13, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Who told you SW has ever read more than the SE and SS, Free Education from AWO means SWners do not like school and book, therefore he made it free to attract them tongue

And it was after he(Awo) succeeded in attracting them and the SS, SE saw the benefits of education that they started going to school. tongue
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by tpia5: 11:28am On Jul 13, 2012
musKeeto:
And u speak for the fishes..

Reporting him for the second time.
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 13, 2012
tpia@:

Reporting him for the second time.
Lol....
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by otokx(m): 12:20pm On Jul 13, 2012
Our Governor has consistently promoted the culture of reading amongst school children in Port Harcourt.
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by obama4osama(m): 1:11pm On Jul 13, 2012
mukina2:

http://www.unesco.org/new/en/media-services/single-view/news/port_harcourt_named_world_book_capital_2014/
The truth of the matter is that the reading habit is fast fading away in our country.If this is aimed at re-awakening this habit it will be appreciated but if otherwise it is of no use.
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by tpia5: 4:07pm On Jul 13, 2012
a quick look around nl [not to mention this thread which is filled with semi literates feeling funky grin], will show which is what.
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by tpia5: 4:08pm On Jul 13, 2012
semi literates is a pc term for typing illiterates. wink
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 13, 2012
tpia@:
a quick look around nl [not to mention this thread which is filled with semi literates feeling funky grin], will show which is what.
A perfect self-description...
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by zoolandbaba: 6:30pm On Jul 13, 2012
musKeeto:
A perfect self-description...

Exactly! That demented she-goat logged in with seven monikers to view a topic and to "like" them
How porous can she be? Attention seeking........frustated old woman!
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by tpia5: 9:33pm On Jul 13, 2012
Re: Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014 by tpia5: 9:34pm On Jul 13, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Stories Of July / Top 10 Novels To Read Before You Die / Dear Contemporary African Writer, We Read; We Don't Just Read You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.