Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Saving Money Techniques! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Saving Money Techniques! (840 Views)

5 Don'ts Of Saving Money / Betting Techniques That Work / Am I Obsessed With Saving Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saving Money Techniques! by goldline76(m): 10:48am On Jul 13, 2012
I am a family man of a wife and 3 kid with a meager monthly income. I want to save part of my earnings but it's NOT working. My monthly income ranges between N25k - N35k monthly. Please I need advise.
Re: Saving Money Techniques! by oduz: 5:00am On Mar 09, 2013
Join a cooperative & watch how other people with similar circumstances do it. Do so possibly at your workplace where deductions can be done at source

Cultivate the friendship of people who have positive reputation for thriftness

Try to turn ur hobbies or other passion into income yielding ventures

Set an investment Goal, saving just for savings sake is crude & a tough act to follow. Investment goals helps to convince your inner self that whatever sacrifices u are going thro are very temporary

Start small, with just about 10% of your earnings, you may increase it later

Be discreet about your savings, its difficult for some spouse & family to know they stand to benefit tomorrow from today's sacrifices

Document your expenditure daily & review periodically to learn from mistakes & see where you can improve

Engage in family planning by properly spacing child bearing

Don't instantly change your lifestyle to a more epensive one for every bonus or promotion earned

Give to the more needy around you about two & a half percent of your annual income. The mere 'planning' to do so gives you a close look at how this class of people live & we can learn a lot from that

Invest in your spouse to make her bring something or more to the table.

Share your investment Goals (not your saving plans) with your family
The perceived benefits would be attractive enough to let them encourage or accelerate your savings plans

Choose a mentor, even if u have to pay for it from the recorded performance, but there are lots out there who would assist for free

Seek regular divine guidance & support, one-on-one with your creator, not by paying one opportunistic Pastor/Imam//Babalawo

Much more later, these are the few that readily comes to mind now & I need to prepare to Conquer the new day

Best of luck cool

1 Like

Re: Saving Money Techniques! by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 09, 2013
Nice response there

1 Like

Re: Saving Money Techniques! by KINGwax(m): 7:59am On Mar 09, 2013
^^
I tell you

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Exportation Of Goods To Cameroon / 30/40 Ton Truck/trailer Required For Long Lease / Come For A Training On How To Make $70 Daily.......guaranteed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.