Stats: 3,151,368 members, 7,812,054 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Top 10 Nigerian Brands - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 10 Nigerian Brands (25902 Views)

10 Nigerian Multi-millionaires Never Heard Of........ / Business 3 Nigerian Brands Qualify For ‘top 10’ Africa Entrepreneurship Awards / 'How Nigerian Brands Can Compete Globally' - Expert (2) (3) (4)

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by Acidosis(m): 6:38pm On Jul 16, 2012
Mr poster is totally wrong. How could you exclude mr biggs from your top 10..

What is channels doing on there?
How about MAULAG, your alma mata?
How about channels?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by pleep(m): 6:54pm On Jul 16, 2012
EVA is a Nigerian brand? I'm plesantly surprised, i always assumed it was a subgroup of the French water company EVAN.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by kolexy(m): 7:20pm On Jul 16, 2012
abubello: i think you should include Dangote Cement and Innoson Motors in your top 10

Innoson ke! As laudable as the idea is, I don't think you will want to drive their cars.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by Nonybb: 7:21pm On Jul 16, 2012
NigeriaKwenu: Are Chivita and Eva water not Cocacola products? And is cocacola a Nigerian brand? Op, pls go and do your homework and submit it on a later date because with what you've done you may not graduate.

Afam4eva(mods, i'm waiting to be unbanned)
me tooooooo!!!!! Unbanned me now plz abeg. Enough lesson learned. I lost counts since when i was banned but i think its close to 2 months
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by Agiliti(m): 7:25pm On Jul 16, 2012
what about:
jordan toothbrush
eleganza pen
vita foam
dicon salt
nasco corn flakes

etc etc
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by GBNY: 7:57pm On Jul 16, 2012
SUPER EAGLES, anyday anytime, Nigeria Number one Brand
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by acidtalk: 8:06pm On Jul 16, 2012
GBNY: SUPER EAGLES, anyday anytime, Nigeria Number one Brand

EFFC nko?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by planetuzor(m): 8:17pm On Jul 16, 2012
NigeriaKwenu: Are Chivita and Eva water not Cocacola products? And is cocacola a Nigerian brand? Op, pls go and do your homework and submit it on a later date because with what you've done you may not graduate.

chivita is nt a cocacola product o. . .its chi company dat produce it. . . . They are also d owner of superbite gala
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by Maximus85(m): 8:38pm On Jul 16, 2012
General and most popular brand. GARRI is not here. OMO no dey.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by Redman44(m): 8:57pm On Jul 16, 2012
Interesting Thread cheesy cheesy cheesy What about Knorr Cubes? Knorr Cubes are very popular in Nigeria and at a certain stage it sold more than the Maggi Cubes. I feel Knorr Cubes still sell more than Maggi Cubes in some parts of Nigeria cool cool cool. Here are 5 Brands that should be on that list.

1. Knorr Cubes
2. 33 Lager Beer ( Go to any Beer Parlour and 3 out of every 5 people drinking Beer are handling bottles of 33 Lager Beer ).
3. Darbur Herbal Toothpaste.
4. Bic Pen ( Bic Pen continues to outsell other Pen Brands in Nigeria )
5. Maltina ( Very Popular Malt Drink. Other Malt Drinks are also called Maltina ).

These top 5 Brands including Dicon Salt should have made the original list on this thread. Cheers.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by chucky234(m): 9:26pm On Jul 16, 2012
PHIPEX:

In addition:

ABC/Ekene Dilichukwu Transport

Arik

Oando

Is Arik a Nigerian company?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by chucky234(m): 9:29pm On Jul 16, 2012
Agiliti: what about:
jordan toothbrush
eleganza pen
vita foam
dicon salt
nasco corn flakes

etc etc

Nasco corn flakes is a product of Nestle,not a Nigerian product.
Mumu mumu mumu mumu
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by chucky234(m): 9:31pm On Jul 16, 2012
Redman44: Interesting Thread cheesy cheesy cheesy What about Knorr Cubes? Knorr Cubes are very popular in Nigeria and at a certain stage it sold more than the Maggi Cubes. I feel Knorr Cubes still sell more than Maggi Cubes in some parts of Nigeria cool cool cool. Here are 5 Brands that should be on that list.

1. Knorr Cubes
2. 33 Lager Beer ( Go to any Beer Parlour and 3 out of every 5 people drinking Beer are handling bottles of 33 Lager Beer ).
3. Darbur Herbal Toothpaste.
4. Bic Pen ( Bic Pen continues to outsell other Pen Brands in Nigeria )
5. Maltina ( Very Popular Malt Drink. Other Malt Drinks are also called Maltina ).

These top 5 Brands including Dicon Salt should have made the original list on this thread. Cheers.
Why you no get sense,for all thing wey you mentioned na only Maltina follow.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by Tolexander: 10:02pm On Jul 16, 2012
Nonybb: me tooooooo!!!!! Unbanned me now plz abeg. Enough lesson learned. I lost counts since when i was banned but i think its close to 2 months
chairman! Abeg o, why were u banned and wat is d implication? Please just wana know.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by delta12(m): 12:32am On Jul 17, 2012
Alhough I have my reservations about some of the brands topping people's list, but I want to add that Dangote is not a brand, but a person or a group of Company.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by kushe: 7:27am On Jul 17, 2012
Interesting,so let's go to school. I wouldn't call the list useless but the author of this thread really shouldn't refer to himself as a brand consultant. The world is such a different place now that you hardly have a local brand that can claim to belong to just one country. Globalisation is the order of the day and Africa started experiencing the effects of this from say a hundred years ago. Now do we have strictly Nigerian brands(I.e took a unique concept,turned it into a product or service,has stood the test of time and is internationally renowned) .well I don't think so.

We grew up on omo (unilever),close up(unilever) , maggi(nestle) , 504(peugot) ,ijapa(Volkswagen), blue band(unilever or Paterson zocchonis or PZ which by the way is Greek). None of these companies or their products are Nigerian and not even UAC which started out as the ROyal Niger COmpany, a British trading expedition into Nigeria and unilever and UAC were the same company in most other African countries,so unilever is the twin brother of UAC just like adidas is the twin of puma. But what about their off shoots like MR Biggs ?

Mr Biggs is product of the defunct Kingsway stores which started selling snacks in Kingsway rendevous all around Lagos till our dear old macdonald's gave the then roving executives a brilliant idea called Mr Biggs which was opened in 1986.kas chicken and eddie king burger were already making waves and if they had what today's entrepreneurs have,maybe they would have been the truly Nigerian super brands in the food industry.however in terms of brand equity and the strength in the brand name,how easily identifiable the brand logo or colors are, Mr Biggs is the biggest food brand in Nigeria followed by Tantalizers .Most people are of the opinion TAstee Fried Chicken is the best,but usually the best companies are usually not the most popular.

Indomie as even implied by the first letters of the brand is an indonesian brand,so does it qualify? First bank started in 1896 as some British bank with a British name, Union bank was Barclays which leaves us with the one and only GTB started by two young NIGERIAN men Fola Adeola and the late Tayo Aderinokun,now that is a nigerian brand and in my own opinion the strongest made in Nigeria brand. I am not that old but I saw the beginning of GTB and I have seen how it has blossomed into the beautiful success story that most of you all now want to work within.how many brands would the main founder graciously hand over the baton to his deputy way before the era of consolidation or Sanusi's tsunami? How many brands would the man at the top die in office and yet everybody knows 'NO SHAKING' ?

Need I say more? nigeria's biggest and best indigenous brand I'd Guaranty Trust Bank.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by Lantycool: 7:55am On Jul 17, 2012
what happen to BANK PHB as a brand
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 17, 2012
kushe: Interesting,so let's go to school. I wouldn't call the list useless but the author of this thread really shouldn't refer to himself as a brand consultant. The world is such a different place now that you hardly have a local brand that can claim to belong to just one country. Globalisation is the order of the day and Africa started experiencing the effects of this from say a hundred years ago. Now do we have strictly Nigerian brands(I.e took a unique concept,turned it into a product or service,has stood the test of time and is internationally renowned) .well I don't think so.

We grew up on omo (unilever),close up(unilever) , maggi(nestle) , 504(peugot) ,ijapa(Volkswagen), blue band(unilever or Paterson zocchonis or PZ which by the way is Greek). None of these companies or their products are Nigerian and not even UAC which started out as the ROyal Niger COmpany, a British trading expedition into Nigeria and unilever and UAC were the same company in most other African countries,so unilever is the twin brother of UAC just like adidas is the twin of puma. But what about their off shoots like MR Biggs ?

Mr Biggs is product of the defunct Kingsway stores which started selling snacks in Kingsway rendevous all around Lagos till our dear old macdonald's gave the then roving executives a brilliant idea called Mr Biggs which was opened in 1986.kas chicken and eddie king burger were already making waves and if they had what today's entrepreneurs have,maybe they would have been the truly Nigerian super brands in the food industry.however in terms of brand equity and the strength in the brand name,how easily identifiable the brand logo or colors are, Mr Biggs is the biggest food brand in Nigeria followed by Tantalizers .Most people are of the opinion TAstee Fried Chicken is the best,but usually the best companies are usually not the most popular.

Indomie as even implied by the first letters of the brand is an indonesian brand,so does it qualify? First bank started in 1896 as some British bank with a British name, Union bank was Barclays which leaves us with the one and only GTB started by two young NIGERIAN men Fola Adeola and the late Tayo Aderinokun,now that is a nigerian brand and in my own opinion the strongest made in Nigeria brand. I am not that old but I saw the beginning of GTB and I have seen how it has blossomed into the beautiful success story that most of you all now want to work within.how many brands would the main founder graciously hand over the baton to his deputy way before the era of consolidation or Sanusi's tsunami? How many brands would the man at the top die in office and yet everybody knows 'NO SHAKING' ?

Need I say more? nigeria's biggest and best indigenous brand I'd Guaranty Trust Bank.

You are very well informed. Good analysis.

Meanwhile, it also suggest that we have a very long way to go right ? Because if these foreign companies decided to stop doing business with us in the way of say sanctions like they are doing to Iran now, that means we are in the toilet huh ?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by richyrich4life(m): 10:18am On Jul 17, 2012
jackbauersballs:

*Spits his coffee all over his manager*
shocked shocked

Lol...

@ OP, I believe your concept is correct, but your candidates wrong...
You missed many big Naija brands but included foreign ones.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by duni04(m): 11:00am On Jul 17, 2012
Ranking tantalizers ahead of Mr Biggs or chivata ahead of Five alive, and who d hell is MUDI anyways. Whoever posted this sure has his head up in some cloud, maybe over south america. Definitely not nigeria
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by morakone(m): 11:33am On Jul 17, 2012
cowbell milk nko?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by pcicero(m): 11:50am On Jul 17, 2012
delta 1: Alhough I have my reservations about some of the brands topping people's list, but I want to add that Dangote is not a brand, but a person or a group of Company.

Olodo rabata! So, Honda, Mitsubishi, Deloitte, PWC, Toyota etc. are not brands because they are people's names?

Most of the comments here are based on absolute ignorance!
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by bluestreak(m): 12:31pm On Jul 17, 2012
what of peak? miliki olope...I know say one day u go make us proud...
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by mustspin: 12:32pm On Jul 17, 2012
acidtalk:

So obvious you are such a kid.

Its an insult comparing GTB with Almighty First Bank. Even your great grand parents probably banked with first bank.

MtN is a 100% South African company[b][/b].

You dare say what is tantalizers? Well aside the fact it is one of the few fast growing eatry and food company in Nigeria, it is also listed on the Nigerian Stock Enchange. Do you know what that means? Go find out if you don't.

What's the market circulation and awareness of Swan or Ragolis water today? You will walk your toes off to get a Swan table water but the same can't be said about EVA.

As for the MUDI Africa, it is an ELITE brand. He doesn't cloth for N500 or N2,500 like those road side tailors do.
He is one of the few designers that have made Nigerians proud.

Just googled to find his website and this is it - www.mudionline.com.

Maybe you need to check it out to see him being associated with ambassadors opening his branches in African Countries.

y
so u know, mtn is not 100% owned, the south africans own a controlling percentage but not 100%. they have nigerian shareholders
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by Agiliti(m): 1:16pm On Jul 17, 2012
chucky234: Nasco corn flakes is a product of Nestle,not a Nigerian product.
Mumu mumu mumu mumu

na like this wey pesin dey carry fail Jamb. I talk nasco you talk nestle
http://www.nestle.com/Brands/Pages/Brands.aspx show me nasco dey

http://www.nascogrp.com/products/ show me wey nestle dey

tomorrow you go tell me say na Oreos dey make cabin biscuit
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by question(m): 1:48pm On Jul 17, 2012
acidtalk:

Amrketing for who and to you?
A question was asked and I tried to enlighten them so why now associate me to the promostion of the brand?

Let true be told; this fellow clothes and have clothed for former heads of states both within and outside Nigeria, past and serving governors in Nigeria.
International celebs like Youssou Nsodor, Salif Keita, Olu Jacobs, Mikel Obi, JJ Okocha, RMD, John Fashanu, Ramsey Noah, Desmond Elliot and the rest.

Even if you don't buy clothes that expensive, don't you also see his adverts in thisday, city people, and the other media almost every week?

Please let's leave sentiments and face reality. Is it easy for someone to have upto 10 physical outlets across Africa? Abeg make we face fact now.
Acid, Please check again and show me how I associated you to the promotion of the brand? I did not quote your post.
Stop assuming.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by mentorx4u(m): 2:07pm On Jul 17, 2012
una no try at al.......whr is the prestigious 'NAIRALAND' on the Brand names..........seun over to u for judgement....
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by igbo2011(m): 7:27pm On Jul 17, 2012
How about Innoson, Dangote, Ibeto, Eko hotel, paga and da viva, check out my site www.nigedrianedp.com I am promoting Nigerian goods arts fashion tourism and investing.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by acidtalk: 10:15pm On Jul 17, 2012
@kushe,

Nice one. You made the most sense out of the whole lot.

Please kindly come up with your suppo best 10 Nigerian brands.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Brands by etchel(m): 10:30pm On Jul 17, 2012

yea u said sth nice but sth even not worth saying. Are u sure u will be unbanned?

Firstbank Introduces Contactless Naira Mastercard / Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market / Sack Fever Grips Bank Workers.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54