Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,168 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

CFA Candidates In The House - Career (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CFA Candidates In The House (214005 Views)

Cis Candidates In The House / Cfa Vs Acca Which Is Harder / What Every CFA Level 1 Candidate Should Know! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (76) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CFA Candidates In The House by candylips(m): 2:36pm On Jul 02, 2009
yea it was quite hard. . .
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 04, 2009
i gave the L1 in june 09 and cant wait to see the results in july28.
anyone in abj?, lots of material to share. notes, schweser videocds, practice exams and the qbank
im missing reading for the exam. i plugged in 400hrs-450hrs and thought i was adequately prepared for the exam. Gameday ripped me apart, now i rue that i didnt overprepare for the june09. oh well if it doesnt fall in line, dec here we go
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by bomata: 9:56am On Jul 06, 2009
does anyone know where i can buy the Texas instrument calculator and pls how much does it go for? thanks.

Also do i really need to go for Lectures ?
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 06, 2009
@ Bomata,
Buzz Bakre, he peddles stuff like that.
No u don't need lectures. But they sure help for tricky concepts
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by bomata: 1:52pm On Jul 07, 2009
C JAY,

tanxs, i think i will need at least someone to study with.what stage r u ?and r you sitting this DEC?
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by delcfa: 9:27am On Jul 09, 2009
C_JAY,
ou was the lvl 1 exam. i'm preping for the dec exm.
ou do i get to share d materials u have
thnx
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by bomata: 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2009
@delcfa
are you attending lectures?
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by delcfa: 6:54pm On Jul 10, 2009
bomata,
i am not and i dont plan to
are u also taking the dec exam??
ous ur prep been and what r u upto
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Oludamil(m): 7:45pm On Jul 13, 2009
Guys, anybody interested in CFA L1 dec'09? i've started lectures with students PYE tuition centre, they've just started ethics &standards this last saturday with are about 10 in the class at the moment,
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Snogg: 8:31pm On Jul 14, 2009
Hi,
Everybody in the house,
I wish some one can hear me out. i am really confused with the so many providers for preparation materials out there. i am aware of all the schweser, stalla and the rest but which is the best when it comes to past Questions for level 1, I also wish to know which provider do provide soft copies because i really want to bypass this shipping cost and you know our system, maybe your package will get missing on the way. I go be happy ohh if some man fit answer me well.
I want tto begin preparation for June 2010. So i will be gratefull if i can have some study tips too ohh.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Snogg: 11:49am On Jul 15, 2009
Hi every one in the house,

I wish some one will wake me up from this stressfull thought. I am preparing for CFA level 1 and i am quite aware of the of the many materials out there like the schweser, stalla and the rest but what i am really confused of which is the best when it comes to past questions and which do offer the past questions in PDF form, i want to by-pass this posting cost and this posting system in this country.
Which do offer the materials cheapest and i will be very grateful if anybody can tell me where i can have the past questions for free online. waiting
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 16, 2009
guys this exam is hard but very approachable if you are very very prepared. commit to studying the material now and leave at least 2 full months for review. Anything less wud put u under undue pressure. I'm still awaiting my results for last june L1 to know what step to take next.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Snogg: 7:54pm On Jul 20, 2009
Ok i wish you awaiting the result success, CFA Institute has just published June 2010 fee schedule, so us for the L1, it means our journey has started.
What i really want to know from those who have written the exam before is which of the material schweser, stalla, analystnotes etc is most preferable when it comes to pass questions. June L1, we should steam the car the journey is too short to the point
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by cfaabuja: 6:07pm On Jul 21, 2009
ANY ONE WRITING JUNE 2010, CALL ME 08034661308
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by targetcfa: 7:57am On Jul 22, 2009
Hello All,

I'm sitting for the December '09 L1 exams. Any one know any study groups around?Been reading on my own and figure there's more to learn from group discussions, especially now that I've stumbled on some knotty issues with/in FR&A,
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by targetcfa: 8:46am On Jul 22, 2009
@ delcfa and bomata,

Just noted ur comments above. Can we put together a study group? Been studying on my own and only as far gone as rudimentary FR&A. I reside in Lagos but of course, if we all don't, we can always meet online (outside of working hours).

How far gone are y'all? If you leave your emails, I can do you a PM,
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 10:17am On Jul 25, 2009
targetcfa:

@ delcfa and bomata,

Just noted ur comments above. Can we put together a study group? Been studying on my own and only as far gone as rudimentary FR&A. I reside in Lagos but of course, if we all don't, we can always meet online (outside of working hours).

How far gone are y'all? If you leave your emails, I can do you a PM,

hey i plan on june 2010. some concepts appear tricky. this study group sounds interesting, can one get involved? smiley smiley smiley
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 25, 2009
Anyone who needs a study group online can sign up with analystforum.com, there are hordes of ambitous-charter-thirsty candidates there from all over the world. I found the site a useful resource to stay motivated for the exam.

Don't waste your time comparing materials to use for this exam, any material u decide to use is golden as long as you learn the underlying concepts and engrave them into your mind with a lot of practice.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2009
@ cjay
i felt online tutorials would be a last resort, as in if you cant have a real life tutorial.
was thinking about 5 marathon tutorials to discuss tricky portions of each of the 5 scweser study notes(thats if all members are using scweser)
about analysforum, i had heard of them earlier and i tried to join but i had to have an email account that wasnt yahoo, gmail, hotmail and the like, they want
a company email and i dont have that. any ideas
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 29, 2009
Guys i passssssed o. Baba God I thank you. Yup, level 2, here i come.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 29, 2009
Tolulop001:

@ cjay
i felt online tutorials would be a last resort, as in if you cant have a real life tutorial.
was thinking about 5 marathon tutorials to discuss tricky portions of each of the 5 scweser study notes(thats if all members are using scweser)
about analysforum, i had heard of them earlier and i tried to join but i had to have an email account that wasnt yahoo, gmail, hotmail and the like, they want
a company email and i dont have that. any ideas

Yeah why not u can use anything as long as it makes u understand the learning outcome statement(los). I used schweser vcds and they helped a lot

concernin analyst forum, i used my company email. u can try using a friends company email. you need it do just activate ur registration. a friend can help u do that
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by candylips(m): 9:29am On Jul 30, 2009
congrats c_jay . me still dey wait for level 2 results . .
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by candylips(m): 9:38am On Jul 30, 2009
wow just checked the pass rates 46%. thats very high. The exam must have been easier this year
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by seunallday: 10:53am On Jul 30, 2009
congrats to all who made it,

targetting june 2010 as well, still on corprate finance ooo, d idea of a group discussion excites me.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 30, 2009
candylips:

wow just checked the pass rates 46%. thats very high. The exam must have been easier this year

methinks the new multiple choice format may have made the difference.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by candylips(m): 9:11am On Jul 31, 2009
But Level 2 was bloody with this new format
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 01, 2009
@candy
wat study materials would put me in good stead for the level 2 exams?
With the level 1 I splurged on the schweser premuim solution and I don't regret that.
This time around i want to stick to the textbooks alone and complement with schweser qbank and vcds. Wat do u tink?

Yeah, everyone I know who took level 2 last june is waxing lyrical abt how bloody hard the exam was. I pray you a PASS in your account come august 18.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by cfaabuja: 4:51pm On Aug 02, 2009
hi there, we are organizing a reading group for level 1 cfa. to join us, kindly call 080 3466 1308
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by MrNiceGuy5: 6:52pm On Aug 02, 2009
okay bro
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by seunallday: 8:55am On Aug 03, 2009
@ CFA ABUJA, i hope its not in abuja ooo
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by adumaadan: 1:22pm On Aug 04, 2009
Hello, saw this post today and thats y i am writing in now.
I think CFA is just too expensive and time consuming. I am a level III candidate of LIFA. just check it out. it is cheaper, makes more sense. i got a mail from the USA just because of this in a financial institution. i applied there b4 i registered for the job but was tcheck their site. gud luck to ya all
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Tolulop001(f): 6:55pm On Aug 05, 2009
seunallday:

@ CFA ABUJA, i hope its not in abuja ooo

thats true o! sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (76) (Reply)

Total Oil And Gas Workers / 2022 Access Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment Has Been Extended / ICAN May 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.