Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

CFA Candidates In The House - Career (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CFA Candidates In The House (213987 Views)

Cis Candidates In The House / Cfa Vs Acca Which Is Harder / What Every CFA Level 1 Candidate Should Know! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (76) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CFA Candidates In The House by analystk: 3:16pm On Jul 23, 2013
First Quartile Professionals will resume CFA Lectures for December 2013 and June 2014 with Open Day on Saturday July 27, 2013. Time is 12 noon. Venue is Flat B6, Patsy Plaza, Beside EssDee Motors, Ebitu Ukiwe Street, Jabi Abuja. 08088289520
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 8:50am On Jul 25, 2013
Congrats to Those who passed the recent result for June exams. For your study materials, video, audio, notes, qb, call 08025822587
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by nitrogen(m): 10:42am On Aug 28, 2013
Seems people are not writing CFA again oh, abi na 'low key' things?
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 3:01pm On Aug 28, 2013
they are, most of them are low key but they do key in once a while. Are you writing or got a question or need materials?
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by lafencer: 10:20pm On Sep 14, 2013
Nice thread I must say. Pls where can I get the TI calculator for CFA exams.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Iykecent: 11:47am On Sep 30, 2013
Hello friends, pls I need level one materials(preferably soft copy CFA curriculum) for June 2014 exams to assist me read n prepare early. Kindly assist if you can. I hope to register by January 2014. Innocentike@gmail.com, 08082547173. Many thanks.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by BIGERBOY1: 11:49pm On Sep 30, 2013
@mustay and co could u guys be kind enough to send me level 2 materials, I want to start preparing for June 2014, just PM me,Thanks in anticipation of ur rapid response.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Maisuya1: 11:19am On Oct 04, 2013
good day all. i just feel on this friday i should shares links for this schweser notes with you for those taking cfa this yr or next. All i ask in return is that you pray for me as I also take on level 2 next yr. enjoy

LEVEL 2 NOTES

http://bbs.cfaspace.com/thread-802323-1-1.html

LEVEL 3 NOTES

http://bbs.cfaspace.com/thread-454317-1-1.html

LEVEL 1 NOTES
http://bbs.cfaspace.com/thread-454324-1-1.html

2 Likes

Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Victosin09(f): 11:02pm On Oct 04, 2013
Wonderful forum.
Pls could anybody enlighten me abt d significance of d cfa programme it self. Am still contemplating doin ACCA as against CFA with ICAN cetificate.
And ow many stages do i get exempted wit ACCA nd CFA with ICAN qualification.
Estimate of costs too would be helpful for both.
Tanks in anticipation
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by RixExpat: 8:52am On Oct 11, 2013
Hello FRM Candidates,

I want to have an idea about the number of candidates preparing for the FRM Exam as I am planning to start an FRM tutorial center here in Lagos. If the number is reasonable, I will approach some other high profile individuals and prospective tutors who are also certified FRMs and some of whom are also CFA charter holders so we can commence an FRM tutorial center in Lagos. Lectures may not commence before the next 2013 November exam considering the logistics that need to be put in place but we can provide mentoring for those who may need that for the November exam.

Regards.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 5:48am On Oct 12, 2013
The Number of people that attempt FRM in Lagos is few. but with 2014 in view, i believe the numbers will go up a bit.

For both CFA and FRm materials 2014 call 08025822587.

Best of Luck to Nov Frm Candidates, and Dec CFA Candidates
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by 735i(m): 1:20pm On Oct 12, 2013
RixExpat: Hello FRM Candidates,

I want to have an idea about the number of candidates preparing for the FRM Exam as I am planning to start an FRM tutorial center here in Lagos. If the number is reasonable, I will approach some other high profile individuals and prospective tutors who are also certified FRMs and some of whom are also CFA charter holders so we can commence an FRM tutorial center in Lagos. Lectures may not commence before the next 2013 November exam considering the logistics that need to be put in place but we can provide mentoring for those who may need that for the November exam.

Regards.

Brilliant idea.. i have friends in Lagos that will definitely be interested. Will you be offering classes in ERM too? That seems to be the next big thing....How can you be contacted?
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by bukkytroni: 3:22pm On Oct 12, 2013
Victosin09: Wonderful forum.
Pls could anybody enlighten me abt d significance of d cfa programme it self. Am still contemplating doin ACCA as against CFA with ICAN cetificate.
And ow many stages do i get exempted wit ACCA nd CFA with ICAN qualification.
Estimate of costs too would be helpful for both.
Tanks in anticipation

Hi...

There are no exemptions in CFA. you will write the three (3) levels.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by RixExpat: 8:34am On Oct 14, 2013
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) is not really a separate field in risk management. It is simply an approach to risk management where we look at the risk facing a firm from the top down (you can call it a top-down approach) as against a bottom-up approach that considers the various categories of risks such as market, credit, operational risks, etc in silos. ERM is akin to risk from a portfolio or enterprise perspective (the totality of risks a firm is facing) where we consider the correlations and cross correlations between the various risk categories. Both approaches have their strengths and limitations and are covered in the two most popular risk certifications (FRM and PRM), so you do not need any form of special training in ERM. What you need is a risk management training.

735 i:

Brilliant idea.. i have friends in Lagos that will definitely be interested. Will you be offering classes in ERM too? That seems to be the next big thing....How can you be contacted?
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by 735i(m): 11:18pm On Oct 15, 2013
RixExpat: Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) is not really a separate field in risk management. It is simply an approach to risk management where we look at the risk facing a firm from the top down (you can call it a top-down approach) as against a bottom-up approach that considers the various categories of risks such as market, credit, operational risks, etc in silos. ERM is akin to risk from a portfolio or enterprise perspective (the totality of risks a firm is facing) where we consider the correlations and cross correlations between the various risk categories. Both approaches have their strengths and limitations and are covered in the two most popular risk certifications (FRM and PRM), so you do not need any form of special training in ERM. What you need is a risk management training.

Naa... i meant Energy Risk management man!
I know all about the FRM and PRM...it's Energy Risk that i had in mind.....
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by RixExpat: 8:47am On Oct 17, 2013
I see what you mean. I think GARP awards the Energy Risk Professional (GRP) designation but that is not our area of focus now. We believe as that certification gains popularity, holders should be able to start a tutorial. The best you can do currently is to go on self study which is the common thing. There are no useful information on Schweser and Bionic Turtle websites as regards the ERP, so you might need to do self study.

735 i:

Naa... i meant Energy Risk management man!
I know all about the FRM and PRM...it's Energy Risk that i had in mind.....
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by nitrogen(m): 11:55am On Oct 17, 2013
Mehn! This CFA isn't beans o. God dey!
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by 735i(m): 10:48pm On Oct 17, 2013
nitrogen: Mehn! This CFA isn't beans o. God dey!

Lolz...it is well bro.
What level will you be writing? and what study materials are you using?
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 11:12am On Nov 02, 2013
for you level 1,2,3 study materials, study notes, audio, video and question bank. call 08025822587
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by nitrogen(m): 5:57pm On Dec 05, 2013
Hey guys! whats gonna happen next tomorrow? Quite scary, if I may say.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by analystk: 3:03pm On Dec 06, 2013
Don't worry. The exam is passable. As long as you have put in the work required, you'll pass. Level 1 is relatively easy. Just be calm and confident.

1 Like

Re: CFA Candidates In The House by aluwimike: 7:26am On Dec 30, 2013
Call me 08126940434 or 08183533595 for ur CFA approved exam calculator and Level 3 materials.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by oneblacboi: 7:14am On Dec 31, 2013
Have you heard about the CFA Access Scholarships?

Find out how you can win a CFA Scholarship

http://www.davidapaflo.com/2013/08/how-i-won-scholarship-from-cfa-institute.html
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Saifullah01: 9:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
So what's up for June 2015 level II, anybody up for that? Holla me especially if ur in KD or ABJ

1 Like

Re: CFA Candidates In The House by blank(f): 2:40pm On Aug 25, 2014
Anyone writing?

Don't let this wonderful thread go cold.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by houseoftuition: 1:14am On Aug 28, 2014
You can now get Chartered from the comfort of your own house at www.IcanLectures.com.ng Even if you are new to the Curriculum,with no previous knowledge, it is our diligent commitment and promise to you, that nevertheless, YOU WILL PASS.

Stay in the comfort of your home or office and we'll bring you as perfect an understanding as is humanly possible.
Give us a try and see that these are no mere words.

Regards
The IcanLectures.com.ng Team
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by blank(f): 10:55am On Aug 28, 2014
Is anyone writing the Level 1 in June 2015 in Lagos?

Let us encourage ourselves.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by frankyj(m): 11:20am On Aug 28, 2014
@blank f. I intend writing the June 2015 exam level 1. Happy that I have seen sm1 writing too. I'm in lag sha. Will appreciate a mail from you. My email address is frankchidfc@yahoo.com.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by blank(f): 11:22am On Aug 28, 2014
frankyj: @blank f. I intend writing the June 2015 exam level 1. Happy that I have seen sm1 writing too. I'm in lag sha. Will appreciate a mail from you. My email address is frankchidfc@yahoo.com.

Lets keep it on the thread.

How far with your preparations? Have you paid for the diet or waiting for the deadline?
Will you be attending lectures?
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by frankyj(m): 3:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
Lets keep it on the thread.
How far with your preparations? Have you paid for the diet or waiting for the deadline?
[/quote]
Im yet 2pay. Not sure i wil b attendin lectures. Its a bit xpnsv. Sm1 tld me of 1 in vi of 170k. Do u hv any lecture video
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tobex234: 7:17am On Sep 02, 2014
I'm a recent Unibadan Mathematics graduate presently serving in Abuja. I guess CFA means Certified Financial Analyst, but I was contemplating doing ICAN or ACCA as I have probably not seen any job advert that requires a CFA, please enlighten me guys.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: CFA Candidates In The House by blank(f): 7:51am On Sep 02, 2014
frankyj: Lets keep it on the thread.

Im yet 2pay. Not sure i wil b attendin lectures. Its a bit xpnsv. Sm1 tld me of 1 in vi of 170k. Do u hv any lecture video

You are right. The lecture centers are a bit pricey. I guess will just study on my own. Don't have any video yet. Still looking around.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (76) (Reply)

Total Oil And Gas Workers / 2022 Access Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment Has Been Extended / ICAN May 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.