Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week (10928 Views)

Fg To Finalise Privatization Of Pipelines / PHCN To Import Prepaid Meters / PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by israelbenzion: 9:58pm On Jul 14, 2012
berem: For how long will dey continue to sign Memorandum of understandings? Till the day I see 24hrs uninterrupted power in my house,then will I believe these mudafuckers!!
tsk,tsk. now that's not language fit for a lady.
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 14, 2012
Sack all those retards.. They are al deterrent
trigar12: GOSH. I HOPE THEY DON'T SACK ALL NEPA STAFF LIKE NITEL SHA.
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by boyendowed(m): 11:28pm On Jul 14, 2012
miteolu: This 'Manitoba Hydro International Limited' looks like 419 Nigeria biz name. Hope these people will not enter into another mess.

Why don't you check them out instead

www.mhi.ca/
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by Emperiorceasar(m): 4:59am On Jul 15, 2012
Step one in providing stable electricity supply in Nigeria.watch out for step 2.
sambos994: Nigerians...give me your opinion, is it an improvement or will it change nothing

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/07/13/privatisation-of-phcn-to-commence-next-weekbart-nnaji/
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by Musiwa2: 5:07am On Jul 15, 2012
g
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 15, 2012
I believe the privatization will be a success, and will lead to constant power in the country.

In Barth Nnaji we trust!!!!!!

That is one man who is qualified for the job he's doing. Round peg in round hole unlike before when they would just place one Alhaji there and be telling us stories.
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by DaLover(m): 8:02am On Jul 15, 2012
I am still a bit worried about how effectively power can be distributed in nigeria, given that most of our cities and towns have detailed from town plannings, most electrical power engineers would agree with me that in a tight margin, long tem investment industry like the power sector....wastage cannot be tolerated....
As long as our Towns and cities remain unplaned and haphazard in development...power wastage will always occur on the power network...
What may happen is that the new private companies may have to charge higher rates to counter the wastage and the efforts needed to maintain the power network in a country like nigeria.
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by moliteauto(m): 10:36am On Jul 15, 2012
emmyitodo: we hope for the best sha but other privatized companies never lived up to its expectation
proof..pls
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by moliteauto(m): 10:42am On Jul 15, 2012
Mandelaguy: This issue of power has been over flogged,in the past administrations,we have had promises and deadlines,but non has made concerted efforts to tackle the power problems. Let us speak truths where it should be spoken....this GEJ administration is making that effort...the unbundling of PHCN is a great move(even if you people refuse to acknowledge the giant strides that has been made in the power sector). For the person that complained about bills,mine is a little higher(check the reason for shedding the payments into categories)which we all know should be the pattern for now and to refresh your memory, when GSM was introduced, some of us bought sims as high as 28,000 Naira(same sims hat are free now) tha is the price you pa for privatisation(it will always breed healthy competition and force price down) so please my myopic friends,wake up and embrace change.

cool....
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by jpphilips(m): 2:38pm On Jul 15, 2012
OLAJOMO: This is a welcome development though the shortrun effect of PHCN privatization is increase in tariff, the longrun effect will force the tariff down as a result of competition.

who will license the competitors? When the cabals are running the privatization exercise behind the scene, keep dreaming!!
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by Zutchy: 3:54pm On Jul 16, 2012
jp philips:

who will license the competitors? When the cabals are running the privatization exercise behind the scene, keep dreaming!!
Your such a cynic,why do you think the whole privatization process is taking so long to conclude,it is because they are painstakingly trying to confirm and affirm the capabilities of all those that have shown interest to participate in the bidding process,this is not going to be the case of the oil subsidy saga,before you are allowed to bid it must be affirmed that you have the capacity to deliver be it generation,distribution etc.
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by mikolo80: 10:16pm On Jul 19, 2012
edicolove:

If you sell shares to the public, is it the public that will raise the massive funds required to run these companies? Is it the public that will develope the expertise required to get the companies rolling? These are emergency projects that are required to hit the ground running. If 3 years after privatization, things are still trying to pick up, people like you will say the whole thing was scam from the begining. You need credible companies with the resources and expertise to hit the ground running and create instant impact. These companies can decide to go public on their own.
YOU REALLY THINK 167million ppl can't raise a trillion at 10k a pop.we not that wretched dude.management can be imported.just dont want ppl shoutin we've sold our national heritage.heck nlc cud PROLLY raise d money
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by excondido(m): 9:59am On Aug 26, 2012
moliteauto:
proof..pls

Nitel and Ajaokuta steel complex.....if u dont know these then butt out.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election / Pressure On Goje To Accept Lawan For Senate President / Perekeme Kpodoh Predicts Dickson’s Victory At Senatorial Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.