Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno (12528 Views)

TB Joshua Prophesies About Attack On Nigeria & Ghana / Crisis Hits CAN Over Oritsejafor's Plan To Rig Election For Preferred Candidate / Musa Dikwa Apologises To Oritsejafor & Oyedepo Over N7 Billion Allegation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by FXKing2012(m): 9:55pm On Jul 14, 2012
Nigerian Christians on Saturday condemned an attempt on the life of a key Islamic leader the previous day, a suicide bombing that missed its target but killed five bystanders.
The teenage assassin also died in the attack after Friday prayers outside a mosque in Maiduguri, the capital of northeastern Borno state which is a hotbed of the radical Islamist sect Boko Haram.
Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) president Ayo Oritsejafor in a statement said he "condemns" the attempt to kill the Muslim leader, Umar Garbai el-Kanemi, who carries the title of Shehu of Borno.
The CAN leader "prays that those who rise against innocent Nigerians will crash in defeat in Jesus Name," said the statement, describing the targeted cleric as "a good man with humane character".

No group has claimed responsibility for the bloody attack, but suspicion fell on Boko Haram, which has targeted Kanemi in the past and claimed the assassination last year of his brother.
The Christian group urged Washington to designate Boko Haram a "foreign terrorist organisation". The US last month declared three Boko Haram leaders global terrorists and said it may blacklist the entire group.
Oritsejafor urged Kanemi to continue to "work for the peace and unity of Nigeria, the evil machinations of those who masterminded the attack notwithstanding".

Boko Haram has said it wants to create an Islamic state in north Nigeria and has disowned religious leaders such as Kanemi, charging they have allowed themselves to be ruled by Nigeria's secular government.
The radical Islamist sect has long stated its loathing for Kanemi, a hugely popular symbol of Islamic tradition in Nigeria's mainly Muslim north.
Boko Haram has operated in Nigeria since 2002 but intensified their attacks in 2009 and has claimed more than 1,000 lives since, mostly targeting security services, symbols of authority and Christian churches.

Pastor Oritsejafor in the statement appealed to all Nigerians to help "end this orgy of violence and blood-letting".

http://news.yahoo.com/nigerian-christians-condemn-attack-islamic-leader-150336199.html?_esi=1

1 Like

Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by FXKing2012(m): 10:01pm On Jul 14, 2012
Now wat does this tell u about Christian and Christianity?

2 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by Delafruita(m): 11:12pm On Jul 14, 2012
FXKing2012: Now wat does this tell u about Christian and Christianity?
what is your pooint exactly?
Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by FXKing2012(m): 3:06pm On Jul 15, 2012
Delafruita:
what is your pooint exactly?

Christianity is all about peace and love, while Islam is all about. . .well, I'm sure u know the rest

6 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by Delafruita(m): 4:16pm On Jul 15, 2012
FXKing2012:

Christianity is all about peace and love, while Islam is all about. . .well, I'm sure u know the rest
mumu.so all those slaughters in the bible were out of peace and love abi.the crusades were about peace and love abi

15 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 15, 2012
Those Christians are just pretending. They are secretely rejoicing that a mosque was attacked.
You can't pretend to care for or love Muslims all of a sudden. You display your true colours on an anonymous forum (Nairaland) but when you are in public with the press around you, you act like you care.

16 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by gendebs(m): 4:57pm On Jul 15, 2012
For no reason should a christian shed blood. Jesus preaches salvation and never was a place in the bible where Jesus shed blood. reverse is the case of Islam where they claim to preach peace and they practice the opposite. you cant preach what you don't do. the Qur'an told us of how Muhammad shed blood all for the sake of self defense. please what is the correlation between self defense and peace. Also the Qur'an told u guys to kill 3 different set of people, do u want me to tell u those set of people. Your religion also preaches holy war. please how can a war be holy. i beg all moslemS in this forum to please shut up and never use that your hand to type rubbish here again till JESUS COME. THANKS FOR YOUR COOPERATION.

14 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 15, 2012
gendebs: For no reason should a christian shed blood. Jesus preaches salvation and never was a place in the bible where Jesus shed blood. reverse is the case of Islam where they claim to preach peace and they practice the opposite. you cant preach what you don't do.
So you that came here to tell lies against Muslims are you practising what your Christianity preaches?
gendebs: the Qur'an told us of how Muhammad shed blood all for the sake of self defense. please what is the correlation between self defense and peace.
I will stop writing here because this statement proves that you are too mentally reta[i]r[/i]ded to understand any type of profound elucidation.

5 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by Delafruita(m): 6:06pm On Jul 15, 2012
gendebs: For no reason should a christian shed blood. Jesus preaches salvation and never was a place in the bible where Jesus shed blood. reverse is the case of Islam where they claim to preach peace and they practice the opposite. you cant preach what you don't do. the Qur'an told us of how Muhammad shed blood all for the sake of self defense. please what is the correlation between self defense and peace. Also the Qur'an told u guys to kill 3 different set of people, do u want me to tell u those set of people. Your religion also preaches holy war. please how can a war be holy. i beg all moslemS in this forum to please shut up and never use that your hand to type rubbish here again till JESUS COME. THANKS FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
i dont hold brief for muslims but i must say your ignorance on the subjest of religious intolerance is profound.violence has been a part of both christianity and islam for a long time so christians cant play the victim card

5 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by vedaxcool(m): 6:27pm On Jul 15, 2012
This can't guy is a joke indeed!

1 Like

Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by MacDaddy01: 6:29pm On Jul 15, 2012
vedaxcool: This can't guy is a joke indeed!

Are you now a Boko Haram sympathizer or what?

1 Like

Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by vedaxcool(m): 6:43pm On Jul 15, 2012
I wish u would stop acting like a fly and stop following me around! Dude if u just suffered a heart break why don't u go cry to ur parents? Why do u think taking ur frustration on me will ease ur pain? Smh I mean on go blow some of ur pops dough! Or have u just reliase u live on lala land that is why u have to hustle E 1000 to make ends meet? If u need treatment from me just ask and I will try assisting u, but always showing up and making a fool of ur self does u no good neither does it aid the "ministry" of atheism!
Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by MacDaddy01: 6:47pm On Jul 15, 2012
vedaxcool: I wish u would stop acting like a fly and stop following me around! Dude if u just suffered a heart break why don't u go cry to ur parents? Why do u think taking ur frustration on me will ease ur pain? Smh I mean on go blow some of ur pops dough! Or have u just reliase u live on lala land that is why u have to hustle E 1000 to make ends meet? If u need treatment from me just ask and I will try assisting u, but always showing up and making a fool of ur self does u no good neither does it aid the "ministry" of atheism!

Calm down. Remember that you're not in the Islam section. You're the one out of the pond. All this anger and abuse are not helpful- it is turning you to this guy;

[img]http://2.bp..com/_ZDuhhgUzjnE/S8nsWBXCkbI/AAAAAAAACkE/-GA_O-RF-zY/s400/protester-300x209.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by vedaxcool(m): 6:57pm On Jul 15, 2012
^
That is fair representation of ur psychological state, I won't mind u openng a thread for me to provide counseling to ur distraught mind indeed! grin grin
Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by MacDaddy01: 7:08pm On Jul 15, 2012
vedaxcool: ^
That is fair representation of ur psychological state, I won't mind u openng a thread for me to provide counseling to ur distraught mind indeed! grin grin

Lmao. The guy in the picture is a muslim protester.

Anyways, you cant handle me one-on-one on a thread. I will debunk you.
Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by vedaxcool(m): 7:22pm On Jul 15, 2012
^

And like I said he is fair representation of ur current psychological state! The thread I ask u to open is to find solutions to your current problems! And pls it is quit optional!
Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by MacDaddy01: 7:30pm On Jul 15, 2012
vedaxcool: ^

And like I said he is fair representation of ur current psychological state! The thread I ask u to open is to find solutions to your current problems! And pls it is quit optional!

Huh? Am I a muslim? How does the guy represent me?
Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 15, 2012
guise, guise, guise. . . .
It's enough, stop fighting.

@logicboy, why do you like trolling so much?
Vedax don't mind him, it seems he has run out of anti-theists topic to start so he has decided to take to trolling instead.
Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by vedaxcool(m): 7:44pm On Jul 15, 2012
^

Hardly do I mind him, he is just like a trip for catching fun, grin
Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by kumbalo(m): 7:53pm On Jul 15, 2012
Orisejafor has spoken well! If anyone has a problem with that, let him go hug transformer.

6 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 15, 2012
u guys are realy representing ur religion.
But jewish scholars and men of God also leave bear. How can u convince the house dat that pic is a symbole of islam?
Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by AFOLABISUNKANMI(m): 8:00pm On Jul 15, 2012
fellis: Those Christians are just pretending. They are secretely rejoicing that a mosque was attacked.
You can't pretend to care for or love Muslims all of a sudden. You display your true colours on an anonymous forum (Nairaland) but when you are in public with the press around you, you act like you care.
Wow am grateful to God, let all the enemies of christian use their swords to kill themselves, Christian Rejoice because our Lord Jesus said it on the cross that its finished, our enemies life will perish if they dont repent
Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 15, 2012
na poverty dey wory some pple. I look forward to the day u will be asked to subscribe in monetary value b4 u can post anythg on this thread and let c how some of u wil cope.
Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by Tsmooth1(m): 8:02pm On Jul 15, 2012
Oritsejafor is a hypocrite, he is hiding under the umbrella of christainity.

2 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 15, 2012
[quote author=AFOLABISUNKANMI]
Wow am grateful to God, let all the enemies of christian use their swords to kill themselves, Christian Rejoice because our Lord Jesus said it on the cross that its finished, our enemies life will perish if they dont repent[/quote
my frnd if u wan prich, go to religion thread and prich. mr pastor.
Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by BigBenoski(m): 8:04pm On Jul 15, 2012
Yea guys, go ahead and derail d thread, atleast that's 1 thing u guys are good at. . .having failed in ur pathetic attempts at sounding religeous. U guys had better redirect ur energy to worshiping God in truth and in spirit. These religeous e-wars won't take u any inch closer 2 heaven. Enough said
Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by lacasa: 8:07pm On Jul 15, 2012
Oritsejafor is now behaving like a leader.

i like dis.

Terror we r facing n Terror we all must fight

Shikenan.
Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by lacasa: 8:08pm On Jul 15, 2012
BigBenoski: Yea guys, go ahead and derail d thread, atleast that's 1 thing u guys are good at. . .having failed in ur pathetic attempts at sounding religeous. U guys had better redirect ur energy to worshiping God in truth and in spirit. These religeous e-wars won't take u any inch closer 2 heaven. Enough said

Intelligent post

1 Like

Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by vedaxcool(m): 8:09pm On Jul 15, 2012
kumbalo: Orisejafor has spoken well! If anyone has a problem with that, let him go hug transformer.

Lo! grin and we have also spoken jump off a bridge if u are hurt by it! Can't president is a barrel of hypocrisy!! It seems the catholics make better CAN president than the other branches of Christianity, as during the reign of Oyeinkan such hypocrisy were no where near CAN, but this hungry man who dresses like a door opener have continued to make inflammatory statements against muslims for sometime now! Someone give the dude a hair cut!
AFOLABISUNKANMI:
Wow am grateful to God, let all the enemies of christian use their swords to kill themselves, Christian Rejoice because our Lord Jesus said it on the cross that its finished, our enemies life will perish if they dont repent

Is it the same Jesus that confessed to being forsaken by God on the cross after praying to God to pass the cup over him? Smh
Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by DammyFx: 8:13pm On Jul 15, 2012
Good
Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:14pm On Jul 15, 2012
grin grin grin I can see the religionists have taken this rotten opportunity to play "My God is better than yours"

1 Like

Re: Oritsejafor Condemns Attack On Shehu of Borno by vedaxcool(m): 8:20pm On Jul 15, 2012
^
Atlest it will be a deviation from tiring theme of religion of nothing, by nothing and for nothing! gringrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shiloh 2015: Updates & Full Transcript Of Bishop David Oyedepo's Messages / Child Dedication By Christians, Any Biblical Support To This Practice / Voodoo: Do You Believe In It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.