Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN (9600 Views)

Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. / PDP Will Win Lagos Governorship Election – Mu’azu / How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by kaysy(m): 6:32am On Jul 15, 2012
The Action Congress of Nigeria has described the plan by the Peoples Democratic Party to win the Lagos State governorship election in 2015 as a “futile dream.”

The National Publicity Secretary of ACN, Lai Mohammed, told SUNDAY PUNCH that the recent statement credited to former National Vice-Chairman of the PDP, Olabode George, vowing to win Lagos in 2015 was an empty boast.

He said the PDP was too disorganised in the state to pose a threat to the ACN.

“On the issue of the futile dream of PDP to win Lagos State in 2015, I’ll say the talk is cheap. Nobody should take PDP’s empty boast seriously. We should not be taking issues with them. They want to make this an issue, so, I would rather ignore them. The fact is that PDP can never win Lagos,” Mohammed said.

The ACN spokesman advised the PDP to focus on holding the states it currently controls because it is likely to lose more states in 2015.

“I really cannot understand the grandstanding of PDP. This is a party in disarray. Because access to the media is relatively cheap, they can say whatever they want to say. We are very confident that we will win more states in 2015. In fact, from the way things are going, in 2015, there might not be a party called PDP and they know that they are losing ground,” he said.

Mohammed, however, said the ACN had yet to start seeking a replacement for Governor Babatunde Fashola, who would end his second term in 2015.

He said, “The issue of finding a successor for Fashola is still far from our priority list for now. The 2015 election that we are talking about is not in three months; we are talking about three years’ time.”

Last week, while receiving defectors from ACN at the PDP secretariat in Lagos, George flayed Fashola’s administration, stating that the PDP was ready to wrest power from the ACN in 2015.

“Tinubu and his co-travellers are clueless about what to do. They are in power, but they are not in government. They are collecting over N40bn every month as internally- generated revenue and yet, the people live in misery and penury.

“The journey has started right now. We cannot wait a minute longer; the mission is our collective responsibility. We must all join hands to remove the ACN disease and scourge from our midst,” George said.

In addition the state chairman of the PDP, Tunji Shelle said, “The PDP is on the rise again, marching to Alausa and by 2015, we will be in the seat of power to make life more abundant for the people who, in any case, are actually yearning for change.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/pdp-can-never-win-lagos-acn/

1 Like

Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by UCyril: 9:28am On Jul 15, 2012
PDP shld look for a credible,wealthy and popular igbo man as deputy governor if d want to win lagos state in 2015.
Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by yinchar(m): 12:38pm On Jul 15, 2012
U.Cyril:
PDP shld look for a credible,wealthy and popular igbo man as deputy governor if d want to win lagos state in 2015.
Abba wait Oo, am i dreaming what has IGBO got to do with LAGOS Governorship?........having one igbo commissioner is not enough, you guys are now clamouring for DEPUTY GOVERNOR, wonder shall never end....

10 Likes

Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by BabaO2: 12:38pm On Jul 15, 2012
U.Cyril:
Heheheheheheheh
heheheheheheheh
drunkard like G*J

3 Likes

Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by Abayomin70(m): 12:40pm On Jul 15, 2012
Na everybody no dat one naaaaa even baba iyabo

1 Like

Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by emmatok(m): 12:43pm On Jul 15, 2012
U.Cyril:

So Ibos are relevant in Lagos?
But when crisis starts Ibos will claim Lagos belongs to the Yorubas.
If Ibos didn't determine the last election, why will they determine the next.
Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by Skoopy(m): 12:47pm On Jul 15, 2012
Bode is only been human by making public his anger based on the over 40m internally generated revenue plus the federal allocation been used by Fashola to better the lots of LAGOSIANS, instead of been shared amongst party chieftains and elder states-men like all PDP governed states.
Come 2015, Nigerians will ensure PDP and Bode George is permanently disappointed in lagos and beyound .
Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by anthony86(m): 12:48pm On Jul 15, 2012
Truth be told ACN should buckle up.ACN is trying at state Level but they should better check themselves in the local government level. Most LCDAs are just there as revenue collectors and are doing nothing. The rate of corruption and extortion in the LCDAs is alarming

1 Like

Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 15, 2012
PDP can win Lagos. The way Fashola and Tinubu are handling Lagos at this second term is nothing to write home about. The Lekki Road was a Public Private Partnership and I am paying toll every time I pass. What has the government done for me with my tax money ? The ACN government has not done anything to improve me or my neighborhood with the Tax money or from the Federal Allocation apart from building 5 star hotels, Airlines, private properties etc for themselves. I dont know about other parts of Lagos but VI-Lekki axis, all our projects are PPP projects, Simple. If PDP will take away the 30 yrs toll arrangement, I will vote for PDP, I remain unbiased.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by kheart(m): 12:50pm On Jul 15, 2012
Ibos ll always remain back benchers
Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by MrGlobe(m): 12:51pm On Jul 15, 2012
U.Cyril:
leave these people let them keep underestimating the strength of igbos in Lagos until pdp sees this your master stroke, capitalize and win Lagos by a landslide. Thank God fashola will not be a problem in 2015. Igbos own Lagos
Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by CuteTj(m): 12:58pm On Jul 15, 2012
U.Cyril:
We are not denying Ibos of the fact that they are Nigerians and should be eligible to represent where they may be born but Please don't bring biafra to Lagos. We are satisfied with the current arrangement. Thanks but no thanks!
Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by yinchar(m): 1:04pm On Jul 15, 2012
Billyonaire: PDP can win Lagos. The way Fashola and Tinubu are handling Lagos at this second term is nothing to write home about. The Lekki Road was a Public Private Partnership and I am paying toll every time I pass. What has the government done for me with my tax money ? The ACN government has not done anything to improve me or my neighborhood with the Tax money or from the Federal Allocation apart from building 5 star hotels, Airlines, private properties etc for themselves. I dont know about other parts of Lagos but VI-Lagos axis, all our projects are PPP projects, Simple. If PDP will take away to 30 yrs toll arrangement, I will vote for PDP, I remain unbiased.
Who give a phuck if you paying toll everyday when you passing through there, you are a PDP agent everybody knows it on this forum, if PPP wasn't initiated on Lekki-Ajah axis, did you know how long, and years it might take to make that water-logged area have good motorable roods, the PPP is the best initiative for that area, to ease the traffic and the pain of commuters passing along that axis. Before the Federal toll gates were removed my Obasanjo aren't you paying tolls then, or you too young to remember, and this ain't roads constructed through PPP, they are fully funded by tax payers money, yet toll are collected on them and nobody is complaining.....and besides for a country as ours we need PPP initiatives to hasten up our development, to even talk of it, at least, the PPP by ACN government works and we all see the beauty of what Lekki-Ajah axis has become, and how pleasurable to drive through it, for a moment you will even forget you in Nigeria, what about the Lagos-Ibadan expressway PPP given to Babalakin by PDP led Federal government since 2005?......we are all intellectuals, dont just come to the cyberspace and spew some shit, hoping people to accept your propaganda for the sake of younger generations.

12 Likes

Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by aryzgreat: 1:06pm On Jul 15, 2012
f.0.0.l!!! WHO MENTIONED BIAFRA IN THIS THREAD? IS BIAFRA GIVING U SLEEPLESS NYT? ANIMAL!
Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by scopusng(m): 1:08pm On Jul 15, 2012
Billyonaire: PDP can win Lagos. The way Fashola and Tinubu are handling Lagos at this second term is nothing to write home about. The Lekki Road was a Public Private Partnership and I am paying toll every time I pass. What has the government done for me with my tax money ? The ACN government has not done anything to improve me or my neighborhood with the Tax money or from the Federal Allocation apart from building 5 star hotels, Airlines, private properties etc for themselves. I dont know about other parts of Lagos but VI-Lekki axis, all our projects are PPP projects, Simple. If PDP will take away the 30 yrs toll arrangement, I will vote for PDP, I remain unbiased.

Beaf shut up I know you very well. Oh, so it's your PDP government at the national level that has done things to improve you? Abeg, make i hear word jare.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by Azcreativ(m): 1:10pm On Jul 15, 2012
Na Lagos we dey talk no be Imo or Enugu.
U.Cyril:
Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by alaoeri: 1:10pm On Jul 15, 2012
U.Cyril:
If igbo man is deputy of what benefit is that to igbo states & ppl keep dreaming, PDP 'll not win lagos in the nearest future please show me a candidate that can merge Tinubu prowess obasanjo self can't dear it.
Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by espn(m): 1:11pm On Jul 15, 2012
Mr. Globe:

leave these people let them keep underestimating the strength of igbos in Lagos until pdp sees this your master stroke, capitalize and win Lagos by a landslide. Thank God fashola will not be a problem in 2015. Igbos own Lagos
u must be mad idiot go back nd farm in ur stupid village nd stop sayn nonsense..is it because u r opportuned to go to schol nd nt in farm..u guyz r knw to b farmers nd live in d forest..go back der nd b governor. Who cares..no pass ur level for lag cos say we accomodate u..sumfin yorubas can't try in ur place fools like u wld wanna try dat here..ur case go pass ghana must go case..we wld chase u back to ur scattered nd unorganised settlement witout givin it a second tot..

4 Likes

Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by SamAfrik(m): 1:12pm On Jul 15, 2012
No party has d right 2 impose itself on the citizens.
If ACN fails to perform, nothing stops the people to look for alternatives. We all know wat happened to d overconfident 'egbe Awolowo' (AD) in 2003. However, I beileve PDP has lost its credibility.

1 Like

Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by CuteTj(m): 1:14pm On Jul 15, 2012
WHO MENTIONED BIAFRA IN THIS THREAD? Whatever! Those that have seccession agenda should take it elsewhere.
Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by jmaine: 1:16pm On Jul 15, 2012
U.Cyril:

Very lame, shallow and myopic. . . .it's even an embarassing assumption embarassed
Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by MrGlobe(m): 1:16pm On Jul 15, 2012
alaoeri:
If igbo man is deputy of what benefit is that to igbo states & ppl keep dreaming, PDP 'll not win lagos in the nearest future please show me a candidate that can merge Tinubu prowess obasanjo self can't dear it.
Tinubu does not have any prowess. Fashola won like oshiomole won. because of their legacies.If Tinubu is strong let him win ondo
Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by jmaine: 1:19pm On Jul 15, 2012
I understand the confidence of the ACN . . .but over confidence no good at all . .the last LG election which they blatantly rigged should be a pointer to them

2015 without Fashola go hot . .hoping they don't go about assasinating each other in their tussle grin . . .
Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by SamAfrik(m): 1:20pm On Jul 15, 2012
@ cyril & Globe, my folks u can nominate afam4eva for d post. Guess he's popular in NL community in lagos.
As u crave 4 d colonization of d Yorubas.
*u made me laff so hard*
Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by MrGlobe(m): 1:21pm On Jul 15, 2012
espn: u must be mad idiot go back nd farm in ur stupid village nd stop sayn nonsense..is it because u r opportuned to go to schol nd nt in farm..u guyz r knw to b farmers nd live in d forest..go back der nd b governor. Who cares..no pass ur level for lag cos say we accomodate u..sumfin yorubas can't try in ur place fools like u wld wanna try dat here..ur case go pass ghana must go case..we wld chase u back to ur scattered nd unorganised settlement witout givin it a second tot..
lol, another mad cow on the loose. if the igbo community in Lagos decides to go back home, Lagos will turn to Ekiti or Osun or other SW caves. We are the life that Lagos has. We are known for industry unlike you folks that only do owanbe every second for no reason. get that

1 Like

Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by emmatok(m): 1:22pm On Jul 15, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Tinubu does not have any prowess. Fashola won like oshiomole won. because of their legacies.If Tinubu is strong let him win ondo
What lagacies are u talking about, how did the unpopular Fashola,became governor for the first term.
You people just talk any how.
Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by emmatok(m): 1:28pm On Jul 15, 2012
Mr. Globe:

lol, another mad cow on the loose. if the igbo community in Lagos decides to go back home, Lagos will turn to Ekiti or Osun or other SW caves. We are the life that Lagos has. We are known for industry unlike you folks that only do owanbe every second for no reason. get that
Where were the Ibos during pre-independent era or Western Region, 80% of what you see in Lagos were made by Yorubas thanks to Baba AWO.
Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by espn(m): 1:32pm On Jul 15, 2012
Mr. Globe:

lmfao see dis fool..yea u r d life in lagos..by promoting drud trafkn..armed robbery..kidnapping..I see..
Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by espn(m): 1:33pm On Jul 15, 2012
Mr. Globe:

lmfao see dis fool..yea u r d life in lagos..by promoting drug trafkn..armed robbery..kidnapping..I see..
Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by rudee007(m): 1:35pm On Jul 15, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Yeah and the yorubas own anambra state. You obviously don't have a clue. F*** off
Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by espn(m): 1:36pm On Jul 15, 2012
emmatok:
Where were the Ibos during pre-independent era or Western Region, 80% of what you see in Lagos were made by Yorubas thanks to Baba AWO.
lol dnt mind dem..der so called god cld only promote war..fucking biafran fools!
Re: PDP Can Never Win Lagos –ACN by cyril83(m): 1:40pm On Jul 15, 2012
U.Cyril:
igbo man my a.s.s

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Has Turned EFCC, Police Into APC ‘attack Dogs’ – Fayose / 2021: Year To Calm Down, And Wail Less – Femi Adesina / APC Convention: Unity List Should Be Ready By Saturday – Lawan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.