Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Why Christians Won’t Go To Heaven. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Christians Won’t Go To Heaven. (645 Views)

Ayodele’s New Prophesies - “boko Haram Won’t Be Defeated Now”; (SEE OTHERS) / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Christians Won’t Go To Heaven. by Slizbeat(m): 12:32pm On Jul 15, 2012

By Femi Aribisala

Most Christians remain far from the kingdom of God because we still believe pre-eminently in sacrifices.

Every Christian expects to go to heaven. But surprisingly, Jesus’ kingdomdynamics predicts different. Jesus says: “The last will be first, and the first last.” (Matthew 20:16).
Christians are today’s first who will be tomorrow’s last. Jesus says furthermore: “The sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” (Matthew 8:12). Christians are today’s sons of the kingdom.

Believing a lie

The Jews were convinced their place in God’s kingdomwas secure as sons of Abraham. But paradoxically, their place was in jeopardy for precisely that very reason. (Matthew 3:8-10).
The kingdom of heaven is not prepared for the sons of Abraham. In order to inherit eternal life, the sons of Abraham have to forsake Abraham, their father, and become sons of God. (Matthew 19:29).
Not understanding kingdomdynamics, Paul says: “All Israel will be saved.” (Romans 11:26). But in truth, no Israelite can be saved. The kingdom of Goddoes not recognise Israel. For an Israelite to be saved, he has to be born again intoan entirely new nation; the “little flock” of God. (Luke 12:32). Jesus proclaimed God’s verdict on Israel: “Thekingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it.” (Matthew 21:43).
Alas, Christians face a similar predicament today. We declare we are saved bythe atoning sacrifice of Jesus. However, this very belief will lead to our condemnation. God despises sacrifices. He says:“Whoever sacrifices a bull islike one who kills a man, and whoever offers a lamb,like one who breaks a dog’s neck. They have chosen their own ways, and their souls delight in their abominations.” (Isaiah 66:3-4).

The temple cult

In biblical Israel, you were deemed righteous if you participated in the sacrificial rituals. However, Jesus was always found among “sinners;” those ostracised for their non-participation in the temple cult. When queried about this anomaly, Jesus’ said he has no interest in anyone who trusts in rituals. He is only interestedin those who rely exclusively on God’s mercy. He declared: “Go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’ ForI did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.” (Matthew 9:13).
Most Christians have refused to learn what Jesus means. Jesus knew some would later maintain his death was a sacrifice for sins. Therefore, he recommended a study of the scriptures in order to controvert such thinking. God says repeatedly through his prophets that he desires mercy and not sacrifice. (Hosea 6:6).
He says through Jeremiah: “Add your burnt offerings to your sacrifices and eat meat. For I did not speak toyour fathers, or command them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices.” (Jeremiah 7:21-22).
Indeed, speaking through David, Jesus promised God he would not give sacrificesand offerings on his incarnation. He said: “Sacrifice and offering You did not desire; my ears You have opened. Burnt offering and sin offering You did not require. Then I said, “Behold, I come; in the scroll of the book it is written of me. I delight to do Your will, O my God, and Your law is within my heart.” (Psalm 40:6-cool.
However, the ears of most Christians remain closed. We fail to recognise the voice of the Good Shepherdin that messianic psalm. Weinsist on sacrifices; what Jesus plainly says God neither desires nor requires. Therefore, God says: “These have chosen their own ways, and their soul delights in their abominations. I also will choose affliction for them.” (Isaiah 66:3-4).
more at http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/why-christian-wont-go-to-heaven/

Is he alright??
Re: Why Christians Won’t Go To Heaven. by mkmyers45(m): 12:57pm On Jul 15, 2012
Hmmmm....The guy try sha...Made a whole lot of sense than some blind f.ools here angry angry

(1) (Reply)

All Is Vanity:should It Affect Our Life Aspiration. / Did Jesus Christ Really Die On The Cross? / God’s Faithfulness In Honouring His Word

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.