Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,084 members, 7,838,731 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes (14611 Views)

My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? / 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Could My Wife Be Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by uyogabie(f): 4:07pm On Jul 16, 2012
kennidiamo: no b wife you get oo.na slut
Did u actually say that?How will u feel if someone calls ur wife dat?Na wa o!
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by tpia5: 4:15pm On Jul 16, 2012
nexeee: thanks everyone..your words of advice are invaluable indeed..

i really hate to sound like a strict parent but i believe one should not train his kids with so much affluence...i took out time to think last night and am already getting scared for my boy....he is the first grandchild of my in-laws and i shudder at the level of love and affection they will shower on my boy...do not get me wrong..i love him alot..i really do..but i believe that depriving him of some luxuries in life will help shape him into a better man...a man that will believe in hardwork and patience...i do not want to raise a mummy's boy..nah..i want to raise a man in every definition of it,

what will a child be doing with a 300dollar shoe? or a hoodie of 80dollars? i just tire..during my days in UBA,contract staff earn btwn35-45k a month...and these guys work their arse off..and still manage to save some money..its only few people that will understand my worry..its not about the money..its about the child...i have seen children from rich homes that could not stand on their own once daddy's money finishes...i remember the lecture tony elumelu gave us during our induction in UBA..he talked about his childhood and how it contributed in shaping him into the man that he is now.

i really want to raise a real man...i will definitely be coming here for tips and advice.thanks once more

hey, stop whining.

I'm starting to believe you're just cooking up imaginary stories.

when you and your wife decided to plonk down thousands of dollars for her to give birth abroad, you didnt open thread then.

the way you're griping and complaining makes one wonder if you didnt know she was rich before you started chasing her for marriage?

tales by moonlight.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by tpia5: 4:16pm On Jul 16, 2012
he is the first grandchild of my in-laws and i shudder at the level of love and affection they will shower on my boy

what exactly is the problem here?

are you jealous of the child?

abi dem send you to that family ni?
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by tpia5: 4:17pm On Jul 16, 2012
ooua: Why am I even reading this post. I could read in between the lines that all is total lies. Man be real and give us true life situations. If you have that kind of money to waste on baby shoes you will not be on this forum... hisss

thank you.

funky medina: All this poor people on nairaland! On top of her own money. When he went to impregnate a rich mans daughter what did he think? She will allow her child suffer? Its ur insecurity worrying you and you need to work on urself. If she asked you for the money that is a different matter. Boys! Stay in ur social class and stop coming to nl to be opening useless threads.

i tire!

lord have mercy.

notice he didnt mention the stuff she bought for him (the op) himself.

Make him siddon there dey dream.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Aparche(f): 4:20pm On Jul 16, 2012
grin (Why are people drinking panadol over another person's headache?
the overly excited first time mother is from a very rich family, she was born into money & is used to spending it(big time).
So 450k is probably nothing to her, maybe the value of 450k to her could be d value of 4k to u & I.

@op: u r not on the same page with your wife; u r still on pg1 while she has reached pg50(better run & catch up o!)

And as for those talking about "uncertainty of the future" starvation & poor people around us, please!!! give me a
break.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by tpia5: 4:25pm On Jul 16, 2012
And as for those talking about "uncertainty of the future" starvation & poor people around us, please!!! give me a
break.

same people that can spend thousands in a single night, at the club or in the beer parlour.

when they're presenting their girlfriends with cars, blackberry porsches, etc is that better?
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by funkymedina: 4:28pm On Jul 16, 2012
OMG! Is the op now saying you have to financially suffer to be a real man. You dont know any rich kids who can stand onthier own feetvwithout daddy money? OMG! oMG! See poverty mentality! many rich kids have thier heads screwed on my friend, dont be a hinderance to your son, next you will complain his mother put two piecies of meat in his plate when u ate without as a child and there r poor people in Somalia. Bullshit!
You are so damn insecure, i guess she needed a sperrm donor and is taking care of her business, you volunteered and have been enjoying her money now the attension has shifted to ur son ur crying on nl.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by ronkebp(f): 4:35pm On Jul 16, 2012
@ Poster, that is nonsense... the shoes the baby will outgrow.....i am so crazy with dressing my son up....if you go to his room, you will see clothes and shoes every where, majority of the clothes and shoes are no longer his size, i have over 10 shoes, he has not even tried at all, i give some out as gifts and keep the rest for the next child....if i have girls and no boy again...that means those clothes would be given- out...and God knows as i love to "give", i will cry while giving out some.

There should be prudence in spending....that is just too much, you have to save for a rainy day.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Mandelaguy(m): 4:48pm On Jul 16, 2012
My brother,they are the same when it comes to their first child. Mine filled a big suitcase I came back from U.K with clothes and shoes,even when we had done shopping for the new boy 3 months before his arrival. What I did? I came in one afternoon when she was at work,packed half of he whole stuff,gave it away and hid her cheque book and ATM card...mind you the money for expenses belongs to me o.......she manages a business I set up after marriage and I don't ask her what comes in or goes out,yet the money I paid into her account to keep was used for extra shopping. When the second son came,I was waiting,but I guess she learnt from the first time because I was even the one that asked whether we will not shop for the boy. Make her become disciplined with money,we don't pluck them from trees!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by DinhoMVP: 4:54pm On Jul 16, 2012
I no blame una...money miss road...guys de luk 4cash 2arange & repackage ourlife una de troway money anyhw...wel gues its nt ma biz b4 dem tel me say make i born ma own...splash d cash jor
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by 2sexy(m): 4:59pm On Jul 16, 2012
nexeee: Am so angry and disturbed...we welcomed a bouncing baby boy last month...i could not travel to be by my wife's side because of some unforeseen issues..so i held fort here in nigeria...my wife decided to send the excess luggage's in bits and i went to pick some of them yesterday..

i picked a total of 6 big suitcases yesterday..on getting home..i decided to open the suitcases and to my chagrin i saw 2 big suitcases filled with just baby footwear...foot wears with price tags ranging from 70dollars to 300dollars..infact the total money she spent on clothes,toys and shoes she bought for the baby is in the range of 1-2m..i was livid with anger..how can someone spend that kind of money on a baby?? shoes that the child will outgrow in a few years time...the first time i wore a 15k shoe was during my NYSC...i am just maad that my wife is not frugal with money..things are not as rosy as it seems..i called her to complain and all she could say was that she is spending the money on her son...it is even heartbreaking that she sees nothing wrong in spending such moni on a baby..

i honestly do not want to bring up my child in such manner...a child needs to know that things are hard..and am just patiently waiting for her to come back..this nonsense just have to stop.
how you married her is the result of this but if you are a man and you rule the house, lay your rules now or regret it later.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 16, 2012
DinhoMVP: I no blame una...money miss road...guys de luk 4cash 2arange & repackage ourlife una de troway money anyhw...wel gues its nt ma biz b4 dem tel me say make i born ma own...splash d cash jor

I don laff taya, u be real jonsing guy.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by ladyju(f): 5:32pm On Jul 16, 2012
@ op u should know how u bring d issue b/w u and ur wife to nairaland cos if ur wife come across ur post, wahala go dey o. I don talk my own finish. Don't tell me she will not know u are d one.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Depot(m): 5:35pm On Jul 16, 2012
Nothing spoil yet,just enta market,supply 2 boxes and leave 1 4 ur boi.Its stil biz
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by 2mch(m): 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2012
You should know who you married. An extravagant person will never change till they run you down. Always running a race with the Jones's, who have more money than both of you can earn in a life time. Better let her sell them and buy rubber shoes for the boy. They grown out of these things fast, spending that much on baby clothes is a big waste.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 16, 2012
you don already enter . . .
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 16, 2012
maclatunji:

No, that is not the problem. The problem is the wife's wasteful spending. The fact that you are rich does not mean you should be excessive in your spending. How rich is she? Even billionaires in dollar terms watch how they spend their money.

bro, some of these rich people are spending TEN TIMES that amount, and they aint even billionaire. havent you read how much Mariah carey spends on her kids? if someone got it, then who are we to say that it is wasteful spending?!

when someone buys a house with 20 bedroom, when he has only one child, people complain. when a guy buys himself a $1million car, people complain. when some ladies buys wedding dresses worth 100s of thousands (while they will only wear it ONCE), people complain.

if people worked or earned their money, they have the right to use/spend it the best THEY see fit (as much as "we" may see it as silly spending)
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 16, 2012
no matter what it can't be good to give children everything - you can end up raising some extremely fked human beings who will break your heart with their habits
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Piyke: 6:26pm On Jul 16, 2012
I really fear for some of the views some of us are giving here. some have suggested the OP "run and catch up with his wife's earnings.

No wonder, this is why a number of men suppress their wives for fear that the woman may earn more than him if he allows her progress. As far as I am concerned marriage is not a competition where the man is competing to bring in more money, no doubt a man is the provider definitely.

I think the point here remains that there should be some agreement in spending between couples. I really respect my wife because she tells me of major spendings that she wants to carry out even though its "her" money and were both wealthy.
This act conveys respect and makes me want to do anything for her.
Personally as long as I'm doing my best I wouldn't mind if tomorrow my wife starts earning more than me, after all its our money; my money her money, her money my money.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by LaParisienne(f): 6:30pm On Jul 16, 2012
All these people screaming wasteful spending should give the OP's wife a break!!!

450,000 Naira is roughly $3000, why is this too much to spend if one has the money

She has money, and she's spending it on what gives her joy, I don't see anything wrong with this undecided
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by ifyalways(f): 6:40pm On Jul 16, 2012
@OP, whatever you do, don't make the mistake of :
Selling or giving out any of those shoes.
Confronting your wife or express your displeasure immediately she comes back. If you must talk about this,do so after like 2 months.
Btw,if these your stories are true and with all the information you've provided here, someone from your wife's family might see this and you know what that means right? Lol
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2012
oyb: no matter what it can't be good to give children everything - you can end up raising some extremely fked human beings who will break your heart with their habits

your kid will have to wear shoes, whether it is the same pair everyday damn day of their life, or having the possibility to choose a different pair from one day to the next.

what's next?! parents shouldnt buy too much clothes for their kids (if they wish to do so)?! lol
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by ronkebp(f): 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2012
La Parisienne: All these people screaming wasteful spending should give the OP's wife a break!!!

450,000 Naira is roughly $3000, why is this too much to spend if one has the money

She has money, and she's spending it on what gives her joy, I don't see anything wrong with this undecided

On shoes alone?? if the husband does not see anything wrong he wouldn't have conmplained about it.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by LaParisienne(f): 7:02pm On Jul 16, 2012
ronkebp:

On shoes alone?? if the husband does not see anything wrong he wouldn't have conmplained about it.

Why is he complaining, is it his money?

I'm totally against spending money we don't have. But if we have enough, have key investments and feel like splurging the rest of the money, there's nothing wrong with that.

What would you say about people who go on $10,000 luxury vacations and wear $50,000 diamond rings? These are average people ooo, I'm not talking about celebs. I don't see anything wrong with it if they can afford it.

We get to live once!!!
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 16, 2012
nexeee: Am so angry and disturbed...we welcomed a bouncing baby boy last month...i could not travel to be by my wife's side because of some unforeseen issues..so i held fort here in nigeria...my wife decided to send the excess luggage's in bits and i went to pick some of them yesterday..

[b]i picked a total of 6 big suitcases yesterday..on getting home..i decided to open the suitcases and to my chagrin i saw 2 big suitcases filled with just baby footwear...foot wears with price tags ranging from 70dollars to 300dollars..infact the total money she spent on clothes,toys and shoes she bought for the baby is in the range of 1-2m..[/b]i was livid with anger..how can someone spend that kind of money on a baby?? shoes that the child will outgrow in a few years time...the first time i wore a 15k shoe was during my NYSC...i am just maad that my wife is not frugal with money..things are not as rosy as it seems..i called her to complain and all she could say was that she is spending the money on her son...it is even heartbreaking that she sees nothing wrong in spending such moni on a baby..

i honestly do not want to bring up my child in such manner...a child needs to know that things are hard..and am just patiently waiting for her to come back..this nonsense just have to stop.

lol WOW!!!!! shocked
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by alexola20(m): 7:12pm On Jul 16, 2012

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 16, 2012
^^^ how can he "cut the amount at her disposal" when she is spending HER OWN MONEY?! that statement makes no sense.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 16, 2012
This is ur wife's first child, I'm sure she doesn't know the baby won't use all shoes. To me this is a non issue,if I have 50 million in my account, 450,000 is small for me to spend on my pride and joy. Op just keep quiet, I'm sure after a while she'll give the excess shoes away. I've also noticed that d OP has this poverty mentality, u are complaining about ur wife cooking rich soups for u... Like seriously who complains about good things.
@ op lemme tell u d most well behaved boy I met in uni was spoiled silly by his parents, so it depends on u teaching him good moral values, and not being stingy with money.
If u are stingy with money and he knows u have money u are tempting d boy to steal.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by ade80: 7:29pm On Jul 16, 2012
ronkebp:

Are the shoes just one size? Maybe she bought different sizes, and how about if she got the things at a clearance store at a cheaper price than that on the tag
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by 2mch(m): 7:34pm On Jul 16, 2012
Are people not seeing that she spent up to N2m in total? Men, goodluck. I hope she bought for all your kids and those yet to come. Newborns can't even wear the shoes for any purpose other than decoration. This will be until they are able to walk before any shoe is needed. Goodluck sha. grin
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 16, 2012
^^^^ pls do tell us what is "best" to do with N2Milla, sir.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by maclatunji: 8:13pm On Jul 16, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

bro, some of these rich people are spending TEN TIMES that amount, and they aint even billionaire. havent you read how much Mariah carey spends on her kids? if someone got it, then who are we to say that it is wasteful spending?!

when someone buys a house with 20 bedroom, when he has only one child, people complain. when a guy buys himself a $1million car, people complain. when some ladies buys wedding dresses worth 100s of thousands (while they will only wear it ONCE), people complain.

if people worked or earned their money, they have the right to use/spend it the best THEY see fit (as much as "we" may see it as silly spending)

Yeah! Like Mike Tyson and MC Hammer blew it! By the way those mansions are assets for the smart ones, go and ask Dewain Johnson.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pro And Cons Of Living Together With Your In-Laws. / Another Man Arrested For Impregnating His Daughter / Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.