Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,290 members, 7,839,430 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes (14614 Views)

My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? / 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Could My Wife Be Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by igosee: 12:51pm On Jul 16, 2012
maasoap: They asked you whose money she spent? You intentionally ignored the question.
He said ...its not really ma money....like 90% is hers...even at that i do not think its right to spend such amount on a baby..comón thats somebody's annual salary..its not just right..btwn you need to see the contents of a pot of soup ma wife makes..you go just weak...life is not easy but she does not care..
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by cheddarking(m): 12:52pm On Jul 16, 2012
nexeee:

its not really ma money....like 90% is hers..

You can always tell when a pauper marries a rich man's daughter. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by oladayo042: 12:52pm On Jul 16, 2012
This one na over excitement. 450K?
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by greatgod2012(f): 12:53pm On Jul 16, 2012
na wa o, but, if its 1st time mother,na so e dey do them, talking/writing from experience,dont blame her too much.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by nexeee: 12:55pm On Jul 16, 2012
cheddarking:

Thanks all the same....................

12 Likes

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by boomssey(f): 12:55pm On Jul 16, 2012
Topkush: Maybe it's her first born
So wot if,its stil uncald 4 haha.wot bout dos witout moni?
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by cheddarking(m): 12:57pm On Jul 16, 2012
nexeee:

Thanks all the same....................

Congratulations on your new arrival though...
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 16, 2012
Ogbeni, wahala dey ooo.
You said she's sending it bit by bit, that means its not finished!!! More are still on the way!!

I wonder what she will spend on her self. Don't bother if you don't want a heart attack.

Hope you are not a big family man sha, cos the 6th kid go send u go yaba left!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 16, 2012
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 16, 2012
Its unacceptable. If she wanted to spend on the child. Opening an account would have been the best choice. And besides she doesn't know what tomorrow holds. Nwayo o

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by megxo(m): 1:00pm On Jul 16, 2012
SHE'S HIGH//////////////// ON SHESHA
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by nanidee(f): 1:03pm On Jul 16, 2012
bennyraz: Were ni yen ke! When i say some women needs beating, some pple criticise me. Is this not full blown madness Well, my advice. Go and open a shop for her to start selling baby stuffs and if she refuses your gesture.. Abeg beat her( oh oh, she just gave birth. That means u have to wait for about a year before pounding her)

Lmao ... Abel no kill me with Laff for here

MRbrownJAY: @OP
as you have stated that it is HER money, then you have absolutely no say in the matter. if you have a problem with her spending habits then you should have dealt with it earlier.
sadly, some women are silly like that when it comes to shopping........... they will even buy stuff they DONT need, if it is on sale.

look at the good side of it, your future children will already have shoes to wear (as we all know that babies outgrow footwear within less than 3 months.

OMG!! You are talking about me right there. You need to see all I've bought over the last month and half, simply because they are on sale. I even have 3 orders pending. Not even because I need them, but because they are on sale. sad

@ OP, take am easy. Just look on the bright side sha. Good luck!
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by bigx(m): 1:06pm On Jul 16, 2012
nexeee:

its not really ma money....like 90% is hers...even at that i do not think its right to spend such amount on a baby..comón thats somebody's annual salary..its not just right..btwn you need to see the contents of a pot of soup ma wife makes..you go just weak...life is not easy but she does not care..

You need to get used to some things bro.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by chioma134: 1:07pm On Jul 16, 2012
OP,congrats on ur new baby. Since it's her money she used, don't get unnecessarily worked up. U'll be surprised at how little things like this can destroy a marriage if u allow it. Correct her in love,and do it continuosly until she sees reason. Don't resent her. She may have come from a wealthy background and finds it difficult to change. Encourage her daily. Meanwhile,find a way to sell some of the shoes with her consent. I'm sure a lot of new mothers will be interested in buying. 450k is too much for shoes alone.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by stupor(m): 1:08pm On Jul 16, 2012
Shey the baby boy wan contest for Governorship elections ?

Bros u better call your wife to order before both of una miss order.

E ma gbami keh ? 450 towsan fah on baby's shoes !

Bros fine me sef something nau make I use am hold my side !

20k no too bad, I go buy some few shirts,still carry woman for

Club dis coming friday !

Mtchewwwwwwwww !
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by tpia5: 1:11pm On Jul 16, 2012
Assuming this is a true story, how do you know she didnt buy the items at sale price and not the one printed on the price tag?

Some things arent adding up.

Secondly, i'm wondering why you must open thread on nl instead of discussing the matter with your wife.

Is she a nler?
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by omonikiba(f): 1:12pm On Jul 16, 2012
some women self, their excesses will make their husband a tenant all the days of their lives. from you story am sure you have not seen anything, she only sent some excess luggage, am sure she will buy more and pay money for excess luggage when she is coming. oga ooooooooo, poster, just be happy you are not spending such money on trying to conceive. try and start a capital project like building a house that will make her to be financially supportive, with that she will be prudent in spending. on the other side be prayerful, design her in the way you want in prayers, else some women done make their husbands to fall oooo through this habit, dont be a victim.

Goodluck.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by kennidiamo: 1:18pm On Jul 16, 2012
no b wife you get oo.na slut
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by maclatunji: 1:19pm On Jul 16, 2012
nexeee:

its not really ma money....like 90% is hers...even at that i do not think its right to spend such amount on a baby..comón thats somebody's annual salary..its not just right..btwn you need to see the contents of a pot of soup ma wife makes..you go just weak...life is not easy but she does not care..

I agree on the bolded absolutely. The reason I asked the question is to know what kind of advice to give. If it is her money, technically, she has done nothing wrong. However, it is quite immoral to spend such a colossal amount on a baby's footwear when others are dying for lack of a few thousand Naira to pay for Malaria treatment etc.

It is her money but you are her husband, this is where you have to show proper leadership. Do whatever it takes (within reason) to curb her frivolous spending. It is better for her to use her money to invest in things that will be useful for her children in the future. Personally, if I had so much money and didn't know what to do with it, I would seek to build a mega business that my kids can manage in the future and hand-over to their children after training them properly. I have seen what your wife is currently doing leads to and it is not a good thing.

Lovingly, bring her down-to-earth and break things down to her like 1-2-3 and A-B-C. This particular woman needs it!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Raimond(m): 1:20pm On Jul 16, 2012
megxo: DID SHE ALSO GET SKINNY JEANS FOR D LITTLE ONE, wif som "AMMA KIP KIP" T shirt?? grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by texazzpete(m): 1:20pm On Jul 16, 2012
kennidiamo: no b wife you get oo.na slut

You're a Grade-A m0r0n.

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by mjay(m): 1:22pm On Jul 16, 2012
cheddarking:

Some people got BIG MOUTH. You need financial education...to differentiate between needs and wants and between assets and liability.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by texazzpete(m): 1:23pm On Jul 16, 2012
tpia@:
Assuming this is a true story, how do you know she didnt buy the items at sale price and not the one printed on the price tag?

Some things arent adding up.

Secondly, i'm wondering why you must open thread on nl instead of discussing the matter with your wife.

Is she a nler?

I actually believe him...it's a true story. Check his posting history...he got married to a rich man's daughter in March.
https://www.nairaland.com/892242/it-right-work-ones-father
Since she's already given birth now, it's likely the pregnancy was the reason for the marriage in the first place. Perhaps smiley

She probably has access to loads of cash, but as a man he would like to be the one providing for most of his wife's needs. It has to really irk him that her needs are seemingly beyond what his means can comfortably carry.

I can understand why he's rather unhappy.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by nexeee: 1:23pm On Jul 16, 2012

dude..please....dont just go there...

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Raimond(m): 1:24pm On Jul 16, 2012
honey86: Its unacceptable. If she wanted to spend on the child. Opening an account would have been the best choice. And besides she doesn't know what tomorrow holds. Nwayo o
Thank you!
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by ludasam222(m): 1:26pm On Jul 16, 2012
Old-Hag:
Look on the bright side, your son will be stepping out in style grin. I love shoes.
funny....u luv 450k shoe
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 16, 2012
There's no need for u to be rude. Haba.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Raimond(m): 1:31pm On Jul 16, 2012
You need to ask her...she probably intends to sell them too!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 16, 2012
nexeee:

My friend be happy that you have a wife that knows how to spend money. A lot of people need such wives (just kidding).
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 16, 2012
jennykadry:
Not guilty cool

i will give you a minute to reconsider your above answer, lol!

nanidee:
OMG!! You are talking about me right there. You need to see all I've bought over the last month and half, simply because they are on sale. I even have 3 orders pending. Not even because I need them, but because they are on sale. sad

sista, you are not to blame, it is in your GENES to shop, its like a drug to y'all. it was even revealed that you ladies go into some kind of o[b]r[/b]gasm when you shop, like and that is why many do lose their minds.

@OP
here is a crazy (but real) fact: WOMEN THINK ABOUT SHOPPING AS MUCH AS MEN THINK ABOUT SEX.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by mrkels(m): 1:39pm On Jul 16, 2012
Wahala, let's just hope she won't insult you when you confront her, like its not your money so shut up.Just try to settle this amicable and try to make her see reasons with you ok. Wasteful spending is nothing to write home about. There's more to life than it, I mean just because the money is there doesn't mean you can abuse it, anyways its her money and she's got every right to do with it whatsoever she desires but there should be a lil caution in the things we do in life.
Re: My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 16, 2012
Your wife if just jeopardizing ur Son's chances of becoming Nigerias future president...

She should remember the clause; "I HAD NO SHOES", is a pre-requisite for becoming a Nigerian President grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pro And Cons Of Living Together With Your In-Laws. / Another Man Arrested For Impregnating His Daughter / Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.