Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,675 members, 7,816,774 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain (4474 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / It Turns Me On Seeing My Wife Hurt, Sad Or In Pain / Could My Wife Be Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 16, 2012
Guys/Ladies, I have been married for the last five years to a woman who has bore two kids for me, I got to know her through a female friend of mine then. Since the marriage, way back in 2008, she told me recently that she had collected the sum of N10,000 to 'tie me' somehow but this is unknowingly to me until recently. She claimed that she had to untie me after she recently joined a church; after a heated arguement.

My life has been threatened by her, first is a deep cut on my face with the aid of a bottle and other minor stabs on the body-now stitched. She had read a mail from one of my ex-girlfriends from my inbox dated 2004 and took offence and decided to injure me immediately I got back in May 2010. I was admitted and several treatments were administered on me to get well. Within that period, I lost my job but got another one shortly, in fact, I had attended that interview with bandage on my head. Before this incident, a similar case had occured, during one xmas in 2009, we had an arguement and then she hit my head with a glass water jar with bloods and shattered bottle littering my sitting room. Every night, I am abused, cursed and go through an emotional trauma. Even when I leave for work and do the needful such as dropping money for domestic chores,etc. I am insulted to a large extent especially in the mornings most weekdays. At night when I get home, there is no food in the pot or cooler, I feel saddened. She tells me that I have not seen the last, most times, she locks me out at night not allowing me to get in from work. I am a catholic and all of a sudden, she stopped attending my church and joined a protestant one, this I did not mind.

But it now seems, I am loosing it, I have resolved to stop talking to her regarding anything. Daily chores at home have been abandoned by her, most times, I meet her guests (male/female) at home keeping her company.I now have to the clean up exercise, tidying and even preparing dinner despite having a long day at work. My parents are called all sort of names for absolutely nothing by her. I now want to leave her... please advise as I am now tempted to move on with my life. Is there any consequence for this next line of action. If possible can this make a front page.
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by OldHag: 5:06pm On Jul 16, 2012
Right now, just reading your post is 'causing me emotional pain' cry
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by Mynd44: 5:10pm On Jul 16, 2012
Guy what you need is a lawyer. And then you should get her arrested for assault with a deadly weapon. Is it that difficult?
And get a divorce. I know you are catholic and the church is against it but do you want to live?

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by Tyche(m): 5:52pm On Jul 16, 2012
Brother, I feel for you. But I wish one can get your wife side of the story.
Personally, I will be the last person to advise some1 to break up their marriage.
But sometimes, you have to do what you have to do.
May you receive the strength and guidance you need to take the right decision.
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by freecocoa(f): 6:06pm On Jul 16, 2012
Why am i finding it difficult to believe all you've said here? No offense please but are you handicapped or something?

You mean to tell us that all the times she's abused you,you never retaliated? Wait i need to get something straight please,is your wife a heavy weight champion? Was she your sugar mummy before the marriage? Just how does she get away with abusing you most of the time without you doing anything about it?

Or is it the juju?okay the supposed juju may be responsible for turning you into her vegetable,no? How about now that the juju is no longer there? You still sound like you are very scared of her,all i can conclude is that she's always been the BOSS juju or not,you even tidy the house for her and her boy\girlfriends,what rubbish?angry

Anyways you better run for your life since you can't be a man and stand up to a woman by telling her you want a divorce,inshort stay there till she kills you.angry

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by Booty4me: 6:19pm On Jul 16, 2012
Op how cn we help u?
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by Mynd44: 6:22pm On Jul 16, 2012
Juju at work
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by freecocoa(f): 6:26pm On Jul 16, 2012
Mynd_44: Juju at work
Which kind juju be that one?

Even after she told him about tying him up?
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by ifyalways(f): 7:04pm On Jul 16, 2012
Gbam!
@OP, fix a date and I'll come cry/ mourn with you. Sorry, inu?

Old-Hag:
Right now, just reading your post is 'causing me emotional pain' cry
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by 2mch(m): 7:14pm On Jul 16, 2012
I don't think you were jazzed because you were still having occasional fights and heated arguments. From what I have heard about remote control, you are a total mugu. Only yes and no kind of person. She must have been scammed by the babalawo. Guy you were simply more in love with her than she was with you. Since you have a job and it looks like you have exhausted all options already, just move out and get another place of your own.If its your house just change the keys and ask the gateman not to open for her ever again as soon as she steps out. I totally believe this your story is made up and a trap for the cabals. grin
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by EfemenaXY: 7:36pm On Jul 16, 2012
2mch: I don't think you were jazzed because you were still having occasional fights and heated arguments. From what I have heard about remote control, you are a total mugu. Only yes and no kind of person. She must have been scammed by the babalawo. Guy you were simply more in love with her than she was with you. Since you have a job and it looks like you have exhausted all options already, just move out and get another place of your own.If its your house just change the keys and ask the gateman not to open for her ever again as soon as she steps out. I totally believe this your story is made up and a trap for the cabals. grin

grin grin grin

I've seen that statement re: the cabals - on several ocassions and I must ask, who are these cabals? undecided
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by mimicue(f): 8:23pm On Jul 16, 2012
Jisox I feel sowi for u. U probably need deliverance tongue
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by 2mch(m): 8:27pm On Jul 16, 2012
Efemena_xy:

grin grin grin

I've seen that statement re: the cabals - on several ocassions and I must ask, who are these cabals? undecided

Any female member and regular poster on this section that has at one time disagreed with Richkvnt and Johndoe100
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 16, 2012
You are a weakling! Men like you are of no use to humanity. angry

Hang yourself! You are better off dead! Isn't that better than being tormented by an unrepentant jezeebel? undecided

Pathetic.
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by Caracta(f): 11:02pm On Jul 16, 2012
Is this guy for real?
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 16, 2012
Later if I say a man should backhand the living cells off a crazy woman's face they will say I am a maso-(kini) undecided
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by mazaje(m): 1:03am On Jul 17, 2012
Is this post a joke or what?. .
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by Ivynwa(f): 2:40am On Jul 17, 2012
fluid26: You are a weakling! Men like you are of no use to humanity. angry

Hang yourself! You are better off dead! Isn't that better than being tormented by an unrepentant jezeebel? undecided

Pathetic.

Fluid26 do you have to tell an abused person to go hang himself? There's no need for such killing words dearie----take it easy biko. We should be very careful with the things we say to depressed persons typing away on their keyboard and trying to reach out for help.

I too got a bit a angry the way you did while reading poster's ordeal so much that the first thing that came to my mind was to say for him to leave her quickly yet there may be more to the story than met the eye though nothing justifies a woman tormenting her husband like that.
Gosh! This is real huge poster even if you haven't made up your mind to leave that marriage, you need to distance yourself a bit from it before you get killed. You and your wife need to talk very well to know which way forward, whatever you do be careful with a person that volatile. I have a feeling that you may be needing restraining order too because she may need to be helped to control the feeling that she will get on hearing that you are leaving. What else is remaining for her to do? What else. God have mercy!
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by NigeriaKwenu(m): 4:50am On Jul 17, 2012
@OP
Pls check if you still have your pen1s intact is still intact because you're behaving like a puzzy right about now. I find it hard that your wife will beat you and you will come and report. Are you a child? Pls, divorce that woman and save yourself the embarrassement. But some women get mind oo.

Afam4eva(when will I be unbanned?)
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by dayokanu(m): 5:05am On Jul 17, 2012
Op what exactly do you want from people here?

To advise you to use your brain or to console you?
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by ijeomaoffodile: 7:43am On Jul 17, 2012
What are you still doing in that marriage?once violence has sets in and the aspect of bring male visitors to the home i really dont think there is still love in the union.
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 19, 2012
Do u reside in UK or AMERICA? Don't you have family and friends that can teach her some lessons? If u are in nigeria and u are talking like this, u are under a powerful spell. Seriously, u don marry ogbanje who has turned u to one of tthe characters in mortal combat... SMH
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 19, 2012
Violence, is not acceptable from either gender. I notice a lot of guys on here dismissing the OP as weak, not a man, a mugu etc. That's not the way to go about things. It would be wrong for him to retaliate in kind - retaliation in anger can lead to serious injury, or even death. Yes, men on the receiving end of physical violence are not as prevalent as women being beaten, but it does happen. Also, a lot of men will feel too embarrassed to admit their spouse's are physically abusing them. It's no laughing matter, and nothing to be ashamed of. It needs to be stopped.

I too would not hit a woman, regardless of provocation. I never have. The only difference between myself and the OP is I would have walked after she'd slashed my face with a broken bottle, not hung around for more. I doubt counselling will be of any use at this stage. As for the children - the mother usually gets sole custody, and the father gets visiting rights. In this case though, there could well be grounds for a court to grant the father sole custody, and the wife supervised visitation rights. From all accounts, she doesn't work, her husband does, so will be in a better position to provide for the kids. There's also the chance of her being a danger to the children.

A violent wife or husband is certainly grounds for divorce. Yes, divorce. Regardless of religious belief, any man or woman that chooses to remain in a physically abusive marriage is a stone jerk.

@ Keneking: I would advise you seek legal advise. You can't carry on this way, it's possible if you leave things the way they currently are, your wife would end up killing you. Out of interest (and concern) where are your children when all this drama's taking place?

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 19, 2012
@ Siena - I most appreciate my heartfelt regards to your posture on this subject. I have to single out your comment for further analysis, at least I feel relieved that someone clearly understands the circumstance I have found/put myself today. My kids have witnessed some of this incidents at home and they can predict perfectly well who caused the mark on my stitched face. It is my mom that did that on your face - the second born, 3-year boy would easily tell when asked.

@ Everyone - I have studied your comments painstakingly and presently trying to reconcile same with my next steps on this matter. This matter requires is sensitive and as such tacit and wisdom is aaplicable. I have watched the numbers of viewers grow and purposeful comments enlarge.

While I agree that the consensus in this forum based on the topic is that violence to whatever degree or extent is unacceptable, the point that I am a weakling or too soft might be unfair. As I anticipate more reactions/comments/observations etc, I will be glad if more thought provoking ideas are delivered to act as a guide and motivation for me.
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by JallowBah(f): 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2012
Get out, and take the kids with you. Are you not scared that she will hurt your kids as well? ( If she has not already done that.. ) How will you feel, going to the emergency room, with a 4year-old bashed by his own mother?
Dont just think about yourself her, take them with you, please.

Dont tell her anything before consulting a lawyer. The doctors probably have journals from these things, right? Get copies, bring to the lawyer. Tell him you wish to divorce, and you wish to have the kids with you. Get ALL papers done before showing her anything.
Also ask the lawyer for help on getting a police-order on her to stay away from you.

Some women and some men are like this, and they will never change, unless they want it them self. And this woman just seem to get worse and worse..I am sorry for you, this is bad.
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 19, 2012
can you please for my sanity leave ur marriage. what the hell is keeping you there - ur waiting for her to kill you and bring in a boyfriend who will abuse ur children when you are gone.

some women are just sick - abeg ur wife is the type thats needs to hook up with my ex - let them beat each other to death.
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 20, 2012
2mch:

Any female member and regular poster on this section that has at one time disagreed with Richkvnt and Johndoe100

LMAO @ your definition of cabals.

@topic
You are a big time joke
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 20, 2012
@ OP I know some1 who has a similar case to yours, he told his wife he had filed for divorce and left for a hotel that night cos the woman was threatning suicide, please leave your home. And as God would have it , the woman abandoned her kids for the man to take care of.
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by modele2: 3:46pm On Jul 20, 2012
Hummm,
@poster DOH.
i believe ur madam would have her own side to the story sha.But abuse weather on a man or a woman is no excuse so lemmie try give my own advice.

Is there any one she has respect for, peharps an elderly woman or man, your marriage sponsors etc preferably not directly related to u guys. i think they have to come in at this point. Let a more mature woman take her under her wing.Let them talk to both of you, together or alone. This might help uncover the root of the problem
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by PrettyCindy(f): 6:13pm On Jul 20, 2012
@cotton101, seconded!
@topic, you have enough reasons to walk out of that marriage. What am i even saying? its not even a marriage! When it comes to physical abuse, once is enough. You don't have to wait and see if it will happen again because it always does. No one on earth maltreats someone they love how much more your husband or wife! Pick up the pieces of your remaining life and move on.
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 20, 2012
fluid26: You are a weakling! Men like you are of no use to humanity. angry

Pathetic.

Wow. Very harsh words, bro. Would you rather he bashed her back?
Re: Advice Needed: My Wife Causes Me Emotional Pain by tasandra: 7:18pm On Jul 20, 2012
Op are u serious abeg talk anoda thin...
this 1 no funny,@ all

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What My Dad Bought For #500k Yesterday. / DNA or Divorce: Is Now Important Since Some Women Are More Harmful Than Snakes / Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.