Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Who Is The Best Buy In The English Premier League This Season? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Who Is The Best Buy In The English Premier League This Season? (2769 Views)

Which Football Club Is Most Likely To Win The Uefa Champions League This Season / Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? / La Liga: Who wins the SPanish League this season (2006/07) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Best Buy In The English Premier League This Season? by topeorekoy(m): 7:40am On Dec 17, 2007
to me the best buy has to be SAGNA. he is just too much. see him against all the other top three teams. against ronaldo, against ashley young and agholahor, against joe cole and philips. he was so cool. thats the new BUS STOP at the emirates called SAGNA BUS STOP
Re: Who Is The Best Buy In The English Premier League This Season? by ndumart: 8:27am On Dec 17, 2007
Thought it was Torres, Now i know better. Its Anderson
Re: Who Is The Best Buy In The English Premier League This Season? by Vieira(m): 1:26pm On Dec 17, 2007
Torres : For the amount of money paid he has not yet delivered!!

Sagna: Bought for chicken change and yet he is arguably the best RB in the premiership

Yakubu: Has done well for Everton but I am not sure what price was paid for him

Munatari: Has a long way to go before being called buy of the season

Tevez: He has started to prove his worth and could end up as best buy by April

Ben Haim: ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Alex: ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Anderson & Nani: Overpriced as far as I can see but this may change.
Re: Who Is The Best Buy In The English Premier League This Season? by Jackal(m): 1:39pm On Dec 17, 2007
@ Vieira,

Anderson is over-priced?
Over-priced and yet he ran Fabregas and Gerrard ragged when they met.
He is the best bargain of the lot considering the fact that he is only 19!!!!!!!
Re: Who Is The Best Buy In The English Premier League This Season? by cooljoe(m): 2:35pm On Dec 17, 2007
@ Jackal,

Anderson could not match Fabregas, at least not the Arsenal vs Man Utd game I watched. Anderson is not as good as I was made to believe. The premier league best buy so far is Torres.
Re: Who Is The Best Buy In The English Premier League This Season? by ndumart: 8:05pm On Dec 17, 2007
cooljoe:

@ Jackal,

Anderson could not match Fabregas, at least not the Arsenal vs Man Utd game I watched. Anderson is not as good as I was made to believe. The premier league best buy so far is Torres.

I doubt if u watched that match, apart from the goal Fabregas scored due to ferdinand's carelessness, Fabregas was no where to be found.
Re: Who Is The Best Buy In The English Premier League This Season? by Jackal(m): 1:21pm On Dec 18, 2007
cooljoe:

@ Jackal,

U must have seen the game in a dream. . . . .every soccer pundit in England felt Fabregas was insignificant in that game.
Apart from the goal he scored(which was down to luck and sheer brilliance from Bacary Sagna), Cesc was nowhere to be found.

Torres has just shown he will only flourish playing against shyte teams . . . Vidic and Rio snuffed him out on sunday and he didn't show one moment of brilliance at Anfield. He looked so clueless and i think Ryan Babel was the best Liverpool player on sunday.

Without a doubt, Anderson is this season's best bargain. If he continues in this manner . . .It will be difficult for Scholes to get his place in the starting XI.
I have never seen Gerrard so quiet wearing a Liverpool shirt . . .he had to resort to trying to bully the young Brazilian.
ANDERSON oozes of CLASS.
Re: Who Is The Best Buy In The English Premier League This Season? by cooljoe(m): 4:56pm On Dec 19, 2007
Hmmnnn, I still insist on Torres as the best buy in the league. The game against United, the lad gave his best, whatever happened to his strike partner Kuyt, show me that attacker who can survive against Rio and Vidic alone & I'll show you a continent larger than Asia. Concerning Anderson, don't get me wrong, he's quite okay, but the Anderson I watched at Porto was a playmaker, the one I watch in United matches seems to be a defensive mid-fielder.
Re: Who Is The Best Buy In The English Premier League This Season? by amigoes(m): 6:22pm On Dec 19, 2007
give it to TORRES.
Re: Who Is The Best Buy In The English Premier League This Season? by folahann(m): 6:51pm On Dec 19, 2007
The best premiership buy this season is SIDWELL and PIZARRO
Re: Who Is The Best Buy In The English Premier League This Season? by ndumart: 7:16pm On Dec 19, 2007
@folahann

U forgot to include eduardo
Re: Who Is The Best Buy In The English Premier League This Season? by cooljoe(m): 10:39am On Dec 22, 2007
Thats funny, Eduardo is not bad you know.
Re: Who Is The Best Buy In The English Premier League This Season? by yommys01(m): 8:55pm On May 02, 2008
I think it is between Sagna and Torres , I give it to Sagna judging by the amount of money involved and I think Pizzaro deserves the award for the dust bin player of the year,

checkout soccerfanbase.com for the best of soccer news update and discussion
Re: Who Is The Best Buy In The English Premier League This Season? by Jackal1(m): 9:07pm On May 02, 2008
Negative!!!!

Sagna's injury has robbed him off his good ethics this season.

The best buys are . . . .Santa Cruz, Carlos Tevez, Anderson, Torres, Yakubu and Zarate.
Re: Who Is The Best Buy In The English Premier League This Season? by ritchboy(m): 6:36am On May 03, 2008

the less said about that statement the better.

The best buys are . . . .Santa Cruz, Carlos Tevez, Anderson, Torres, Yakubu and Zarate.

santa cruz - he's been very good but just falls short

tevez - we both know the only reason u picked him wink

anderson - if he had reproduced his early season form in the second half/last third of the campaign he woulda been a strong contender, but like elano, fabregas<although he recovered from his dip> etc he seems to have caught the "second half virus". . . in other words, he's been shit of late. grin

torres - he's been the best striker this season, and along with sagna is the only "newbie" who made the pfa team.and i agree, its a two way battle btw sagna and torres for the best signing this season. and when their price tags are taken into consideration(afterall the topic says "best buy"wink, i'll have to give it to sagna.

yak - like santa cruz, he's been very good but just hasnt done enough to merit the award.

zarate - shocked grin funny how u put a player who only started playing in january on ur list.even more hilarious is how quickly you contradict thy-self

grin grin grin
Re: Who Is The Best Buy In The English Premier League This Season? by yommys01(m): 8:23am On May 03, 2008
ritchboy:

the less said about that statement the better.

santa cruz - he's been very good but just falls short

tevez - we both know the only reason u picked him wink

anderson - if he had reproduced his early season form in the second half/last third of the campaign he woulda been a strong contender, but like elano, fabregas<although he recovered from his dip> etc he seems to have caught the "second half virus". . . in other words, he's been shit of late. grin

torres - he's been the best striker this season, and along with sagna is the only "newbie" who made the pfa team.and i agree, its a two way battle between sagna and torres for the best signing this season. and when their price tags are taken into consideration(afterall the topic says "best buy"wink, i'll have to give it to sagna.

yak - like santa cruz, he's been very good but just hasnt done enough to merit the award.

zarate - shocked grin funny how u put a player who only started playing in january on your list.even more hilarious is how quickly you contradict thy-self
grin grin grin

I wonder why Tevez should be on the list, every one knows the clear winner is Sagna Torres is just a bit close

check out soccerfanbase.com for more soccer news update and discussion
Re: Who Is The Best Buy In The English Premier League This Season? by WarfyBoy(m): 11:13am On May 03, 2008
OKOCHA of HULL CITY
Re: Who Is The Best Buy In The English Premier League This Season? by mystikal(m): 12:28pm On May 03, 2008
why would anderson even be thought to be the best buy this season, he is brilliant granted, but if he is the best buy this season i reckoned he'd be playing more consistently since he is that good.

Santa Cruz is quite a contender, he hit the 20 goal mark for B'Burn, thts something considering his fee.

Torres & Sagna complete that list.
Re: Who Is The Best Buy In The English Premier League This Season? by mamagee3(f): 1:21am On May 10, 2011
Javier Hernandez aka Chicharito. ,

Manchester United seem to be doing better since they bought him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hamburg SV Vs Bayern Munich (1 - 1) On Saturday 4th February 2012 / Barcelona Vs Levante (5 - 0) On Sat 3rd December 2011 / Latest Transfer Gist Across Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.