Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,450 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? (2308 Views)

A Priest Claims Demon Is Sending Him Hate Texts After Girl's Exorcism Went Wrong / Pope Francis Approves The Revival Of Exorcism As A canon Catholic Practice / Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by MacDaddy01: 6:33pm On Jul 16, 2012
I want to know. I just read the review of a horror film that was about exorcism and people were arguing that it is real.

Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 16, 2012
MacDaddy01: I want to know. I just read the review of a horror film that was about exorcism and people were arguing that it is real.

Exorcism is real if gods and demons are real............................you're supposed to be an atheist.
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by Delafruita(m): 6:47pm On Jul 16, 2012
MacDaddy01: I want to know. I just read the review of a horror film that was about exorcism and people were arguing that it is real.

i think exorcism is real.its a prominent part of voodoo
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by MacDaddy01: 6:53pm On Jul 16, 2012
Martian:

Exorcism is real if gods and demons are real............................you're supposed to be an atheist.

I dont believe in it. Just want to know what people think in general
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 16, 2012
Delafruita:

Speaking in tongues is a prominent part of penticostalism, does this mean that the babbling sounds they make are actual languages?
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by MacDaddy01: 6:54pm On Jul 16, 2012
Martian:

I dont believe in it. Just want to know what peeps think
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by MacDaddy01: 6:54pm On Jul 16, 2012
Martian:

Speaking in tongues is a prominent part of penticostalism, does this mean that the babbling sounds they make are actual languages?

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by Delafruita(m): 7:14pm On Jul 16, 2012
Martian:

exorcism cannot in anyway be compared to the blabbery of christians.i have seen voodoo in action and i can tell you from my observation that there is strong evidence for exxorcism
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by MacDaddy01: 7:59pm On Jul 16, 2012
Delafruita:
exorcism cannot in anyway be compared to the blabbery of christians.i have seen voodoo in action and i can tell you from my observation that there is strong evidence for exxorcism

No. You're just scared of voodoo.
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by tobechi20(m): 8:39pm On Jul 16, 2012
It is very real
...just pray ur sista is possesed by demon....take her to d church and u wil see 4 ur self..

I have seen one b4, the girl mouth wasnt moving but we could hear her speak what nobody could understand while they were praying 4 her.

U have been doubting God since, he did not react. DON'T TRY DEVIL OO
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by mkmyers45(m): 8:48pm On Jul 16, 2012
Delafruita:

Can you share the experience? I hope you recognize that you're agreeing in a metaphysical realm?
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:57pm On Jul 16, 2012
Delafruita:
Yes, exactly.
Not only voodoo, but also the cult of Orisa.
The word "exorcism" is used by Catholics to set aside what they call "demons" in the case of traditional religions (where there is no Satan) is used to separate darkened spirits.
In the case of Christianity, which a sect devoid of doctrine, born of Catholicism, these rites have been copied so much of the traditional religions of Catholicism.
But in general, most religions accept the existence of exorcism as such.
My respects.
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by MacDaddy01: 10:29pm On Jul 16, 2012
tobechi20: It is very real
...just pray ur sista is possesed by demon....take her to d church and u wil see 4 ur self..

I have seen one b4, the girl mouth wasnt moving but we could hear her speak what nobody could understand while they were praying 4 her.

U have been doubting God since, he did not react. DON'T TRY DEVIL OO

What? So Oyedepo can have another excuse to slap a girl?
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by MacDaddy01: 10:29pm On Jul 16, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Yes, exactly.
Not only voodoo, but also the cult of Orisa.
The word "exorcism" is used by Catholics to set aside what they call "demons" in the case of traditional religions (where there is no Satan) is used to separate darkened spirits.
In the case of Christianity, which a sect devoid of doctrine, born of Catholicism, these rites have been copied so much of the traditional religions of Catholicism.
But in general, most religions accept the existence of exorcism as such.
My respects.

How do you sleep at night?
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:51pm On Jul 20, 2012
ofcourse exorcism is real. you should also read this account by european explorer William Thesiger when he was travelling among the Mahra tribe of Arabia.
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by MacDaddy01: 11:14pm On Jul 20, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
ofcourse exorcism is real. you should also read this account by european explorer William Thesiger when he was travelling among the Mahra tribe of Arabia.

Nope. Fear is real
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:40pm On Jul 20, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Nope. Fear is real

what has fear got to do with anything
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by MacDaddy01: 12:40am On Jul 21, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

what has fear got to do with anything

Fear makes you o and believe stupid things.
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:35pm On Jul 21, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Fear makes you o and believe stupid things.

maybe for you. for me it is duty, self respect and a belief in the spiritual.
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by MacDaddy01: 1:42pm On Jul 21, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

maybe for you. for me it is duty, self respect and a belief in the spiritual.

So you spirittual/religious leader has some spiritual powers? What does he do? Does he talk to the spirits?
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:54pm On Jul 21, 2012
MacDaddy01:

So you spirittual/religious leader has some spiritual powers? What does he do? Does he talk to the spirits?

many traditional spiritual leaders have spent most of their lifetimes in spiritual-related work. therefore, yes, the are more in touch with spirtuality and can influence it (not control it).

even you can if you try to concentrate and understand it.

it all depends on ritual and mode and context.
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by Cheers01: 1:58pm On Jul 21, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

many traditional spiritual leaders have spent most of their lifetimes in spiritual-related work. therefore, yes, the are more in touch with spirtuality and can influence it (not control it).

even you can if you try to concentrate and understand it.

it all depends on ritual and mode and context.

Even if you believe that the spiritual exists, you know that it is not necessary thing. One can live life without being spiritual!
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:18pm On Jul 21, 2012
Cheers01:

Even if you believe that the spiritual exists, you know that it is not necessary thing. One can live life without being spiritual!

unfortunately not. there are two spheres of life, the tangible material world and the intangible spiritual world. they are like two sides of the same coin. the Spiritual world always shadows the material world and affects it. That is why in Hausa religion we call Spirits as Iska/wind because like a gentle breeze they affect the workings of nature. in what way, i cannot really tell. more research needs to be done on it. In fact the Japanese are currently researching it. The parrallel world phenomena or so i heard..
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by MacDaddy01: 2:38pm On Jul 21, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

unfortunately not. there are two spheres of life, the tangible material world and the intangible spiritual world. they are like two sides of the same coin. the Spiritual world always shadows the material world and affects it. That is why in Hausa religion we call Spirits as Iska/wind because like a gentle breeze they affect the workings of nature. in what way, i cannot really tell. more research needs to be done on it. In fact the Japanese are currently researching it. The parrallel world phenomena or so i heard..

Cool. So how do you manage among muslims who see your religion as heresy?
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:26pm On Jul 21, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Cool. So how do you manage among muslims who see your religion as heresy?

first of all i believe islam is not supposed to exist. one of my aims in life is to eliminate this ideology and replace it with Paganism amongst all Tribes in the World.

Paganism is the only way and is the final link between Science and religion. had this World still been Pagan, im sure we would have reached the next universe by now. The Ancient Egyptians and our Dogon brothers in Mali, etc .excelled in astronomy without the use of telescopes. if only things didnt go so wrong. .
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by MacDaddy01: 4:47pm On Jul 21, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

first of all i believe islam is not supposed to exist. one of my aims in life is to eliminate this ideology and replace it with Paganism amongst all Tribes in the World.

Paganism is the only way and is the final link between Science and religion. had this World still been Pagan, im sure we would have reached the next universe by now. The Ancient Egyptians and our Dogon brothers in Mali, etc .excelled in astronomy without the use of telescopes. if only things didnt go so wrong. .

For your sake, I hope you dont live in northern Nigeria. Your quote is suicide if ever spoken in public.

Anyways, the only way one can combat these Abrahamic faiths is to beat them by their own game. Have TV programs and centers that can talk about the the things that are wrong with such religions. However, people will likely turn to agnostics and atheists rather than pagans.
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:04pm On Jul 21, 2012
MacDaddy01:

For your sake, I hope you dont live in northern Nigeria. Your quote is suicide if ever spoken in public.

Anyways, the only way one can combat these Abrahamic faiths is to beat them by their own game. Have TV programs and centers that can talk about the the things that are wrong with such religions. However, people will likely turn to agnostics and atheists rather than pagans.

you are speaking to a man who has pis.sed in the backyard of a mosque.
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by MacDaddy01: 10:07pm On Jul 21, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

You want to be castrated? Guy you no dey fear?
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:10pm On Jul 21, 2012
MacDaddy01:

You want to be castrated? Guy you no dey fear?

NO.

fear leads to helplesness. helplessness leads to sorrow. sorry leads to misery. so i have killed fear.
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by dekung(m): 10:39pm On Jul 21, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

Did the imam find you out? What happened afterwards?
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:07pm On Jul 21, 2012
dekung:
Did the imam find you out? What happened afterwards?

well i admit that i did post a thread about me being chased by a mob with sticks, in one humourous thread i had posted a year back but that was just for fun to infuriate sweetnecta and lagoshia.

but in reality, no one saw me except for a man who went to the back for abolution, i s'pose and started to shout at me. i just turned and ran-walked.
Re: Do You Believe In Exorcism? Is It Real? by Joagbaje(m): 11:25pm On Jul 21, 2012

ed

@ op just watch Emmanuel live Tv broadcast this Sunday, all your questions will be answer

(1) (2) (Reply)

Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? / The Law Of Attraction ( For Those Who Seek Spiritual Knowledge Of Nature) / It Pays To Serve jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.