Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit (26235 Views)

My Experience With Fake Bishop Oyedepo On Facebook(snapshots) / Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / A Priest Claims Demon Is Sending Him Hate Texts After Girl's Exorcism Went Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by mukina2: 10:14am On Jul 12, 2012
Bishop Oyedepo wins in exorcism slap suit. Judge says applicant did not attend service where girl was slapped ‪#oyedepo
https://twitter.com/PremiumTimesng/status/223343756382978048

Judge in ‪#Oyedepo‬ slap suit dismisses suit for lacking merit, orders applicant to pay the bishop N20,000.
https://twitter.com/PremiumTimesng/status/223346555078447105

Justice Ojo of the Ogun State High Court sitting in Ota has struck out the N2billion suit slammed on the founder of the Living Faith Church Worldwide, Bishop David Oyedepo, for slapping a young lady during a church service in 2009.

Robert Igbinedion, a Lagos based lawyer who filed the suit on behalf of the young lady, had asked the court to award N2billion as 'general and exemplary damages' against the flamboyant pastor among other reliefs.

But delivering judgment Thursday morning, Justice Ojo struck out the case, saying the application lacked merit on many grounds. He awarded a N20,000 cost against the applicant.

He said the girl, who was allegedly slapped, remained a ghost victim and that the applicant failed to prove that he attended the service where the girl was allegedly slapped and .

Mr. Oyedepo was named the richest pastor in Nigeria last year by Forbes magazine with an estimated worth of over N20billion.

During the hearing of the case, Dele Adesina, counsel to Bishop Oyedepo, had complained to the court that they did not have a photograph and the video where the Bishop slapped the young lady.

Mr. Adesina had argued that there was nothing to show that the young lady who was slapped in the video – who had been dubbed ‘Miss Justice’ in the course of the suit - is a living person.

“There is nothing to show in the application that ‘Miss Justice’ is a living and existing person entitled to claim under the provisions of the 1999 Constitution,” Mr. Adesina said.

“We humbly submit that ‘Miss Justice’ is a fictitious person, not capable of being represented in court.

“For the applicant to establish that he is suing on behalf of another person, that person must be determinable and identifiable,” he added.

On his part, Mr. Igbinedion asked the court to grant him all his reliefs since the respondents, in denying that the young lady was slapped, had failed to help the court arrive at justice.

“The respondents rather chose to lay their defence on all imaginable legal technicalities without attacking or denying the several damaging allegations,” said Mr. Igbinedion.
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/6020-bishop_oyedepo_wins_in_exorcism_slap_case.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Orikinla(m): 10:19am On Jul 12, 2012
SHAME TO ALL HATERS AND ALL SCOFFERS.

Nigeria's Wealthiest Pastor Oyedepo Faces Citizens Outrage For ...
saharareporters.com › News & Reports › News - Cached
19 Dec 2011 – And Jesus talk about dem that dey r ipograte becus dey knw dat they r nt goin ... ...even Jesus flogged people buying and selling in the Church.

EVEN THE FOOLS AND HYPOCRITES WHO DEY BEAT THEIR GIRLFRIENDS, WIVES AND HOUSEGIRLS WERE POINTING THEIR CROOKED FINGERS ACCUSING AND CONDEMNING PASTOR OYEDEPO, WHEN I WANT HIM TO HELP ME SLAP A PARTICULAR FEMALE QUEEN ON NAIRALAND AND A MEMBER OF THE WINNERS CHAPEL IN ABUJA FOR PRACTICING ASTROLOGY ON THE INTERNET! grin

11 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Bravoe(m): 10:19am On Jul 12, 2012
mukina2:
was that lawyer expecting to win b4? undecided
mukina2:
was that lawyer expecting to win b4?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Macky2(m): 10:21am On Jul 12, 2012
Good news, haters can hug transformer.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Delafruita(m): 10:22am On Jul 12, 2012
no evidence of this o.besides isnt it too early for the judge to pronounce such a ruling having not heard the merits of the case?i remember oyedepo hired some high class attorneys recently and the case was adjourned.if this is true,some water haspassed under the bridge and this case should go on appeal
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Okijajuju1(m): 10:22am On Jul 12, 2012
I am not surprised... Abi no be Nigerian Judiciary again?!

If they couldnt find guilty Ibori, Bankole, Tinubu and many other thieves despite the mountain of physical evidence before them, is it Oyedepo that was caught on tape?!

No yawa!!! Life is a biitch, his slap will come one way or another...

13 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by buzugee(m): 10:22am On Jul 12, 2012
watch this get 20,000 views soon. people are obsessed with this man and other so called men of god. same people will never step in the religion section. LOL. funny country. they worship the created rather than the creator

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by solomon111(m): 10:22am On Jul 12, 2012
Orikinla: SHAME TO ALL HATERS AND ALL SCOFFERS.

19 Dec 2011 – And Jesus talk about dem that dey r ipograte becus dey knw dat they r nt goin ... ...even Jesus flogged people buying and selling in the Church.
Your first post on this thread was to spill out stupidity.
May you suffer oppression from those stronger than you.
Iseee!

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 12, 2012
now dat he has won the case,this makes for more people to be slapped in his church.smh!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by tobezekiel(f): 10:23am On Jul 12, 2012
Iol.. wht were they expectin?
like the sayin goes.. IF GOD BE FOR YOU, WHO CAN BE AGAINST YOU?!

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by acidtalk: 10:23am On Jul 12, 2012
WHEM THE man of GOD GOES BRIBING THE JUDICIARY.

Which sane nation will such a molestation be allowed to go down the drain like that?

Shame to ALL the evil men using the name of God to deceive ignorant people.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Delafruita(m): 10:23am On Jul 12, 2012

EVEN THE FOOLS AND HYPOCRITES WHO DEY BEAT THEIR GIRLFRIENDS, WIVES AND HOUSEGIRLS WERE POINTING THEIR CROOKED FINGERS ACCUSING AND CONDEMNING PASTOR OYEDEPO, WHEN I WANT HIM TO HELP ME SLAP A PARTICULAR FEMALE QUEEN ON NAIRALAND AND A MEMBER OF THE WINNERS CHAPEL IN ABUJA FOR PRACTICING ASTROLOGY ON THE INTERNET! grin
you are ignorant
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by freecocoa(f): 10:24am On Jul 12, 2012
Like that's something to be surprised about.

No be naija again?abegi.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Odunnu: 10:25am On Jul 12, 2012
Delafruita: no evidence of this o.besides isnt it too early for the judge to pronounce such a ruling having not heard the merits of the case?i remember oyedepo hired some high class attorneys recently and the case was adjourned.if this is true,some water haspassed under the bridge and this case should go on appeal
Oya! buy case carry go appeal
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by abhosts(m): 10:27am On Jul 12, 2012
At least the lawyer got what he wanted -- 15 minutes of Fame.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by inspirenet: 10:28am On Jul 12, 2012

smiley
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by texazzpete(m): 10:31am On Jul 12, 2012

Shameless...your case is an interesting one indeed...and illuminating picture of how an intelligent, well educated fellow like yourself can happily forsake common sense and logic for pastor worship. grin

Never let me see you criticize Abati et al here again.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by badesco(m): 10:32am On Jul 12, 2012
mukina2:

https://twitter.com/PremiumTimesng/status/223346555078447105

Give us a link to the whole story, the twitter link you gave contain nothing.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Lebee4(m): 10:35am On Jul 12, 2012
its a pity sha that some of you still insult men of God either real or fake.
Why not allow judgement for God.
The Lawyer in the first place wanted to reap where he did not sow.
Did the Slapee went to him or he just choose to be an activist?
Why didnt he take up Farouk and Otedola case?
That Layer should have life and stop deceiving himself.

11 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by ifihearam: 10:35am On Jul 12, 2012
How can a true man of God lose a case,una tink say na fake pastor him be or na one of those useless alfas.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by RealMccoy2(m): 10:35am On Jul 12, 2012
Why the Buahahaha over the rulings? Does Nigeria's Judiciary system work?To the eyes of Nigeria's Judiciary system, only a Politician that is been prosecuted by PDP big wigs can be found guilty by Nigeria's Kangaroo court.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by MostIncredibleDFirst: 10:37am On Jul 12, 2012
--
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 12, 2012
I watched that "Slap Video" and it was arrogant display of spiritual admonition. If this ruling is true, what I can say is, that the applicant was not present in the church does not make the slap less than personal abuse on the victim. Most of these court judges have replaced common sense with academic daftness.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by dotcomnamename: 10:38am On Jul 12, 2012
solomon111: Your first post on this thread was to spill out stupidity.
May you suffer oppression from those stronger than you.
Iseee!

Dont mind the stewpid hidiort,, tel him to tell the pastor to go and do it in UK or Ireland and lets see if he will go free... Mtchewwwwwwwwwww... NIGERIA is an artificial nation. sad

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by acidtalk: 10:39am On Jul 12, 2012
ifihearam: How can a true man of God lose a case,una tink say na fake pastor him be or na one of those useless alfas.

sone of Jezebel listen and listen good. the Businessman that owns a church, university, media press and fleets of aircraft bribed his way through that case.

The judge is definitely a few million naira richer now.

Day of judgement go tell una. when you see all these fake men being thrown to hell fire.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Ohislee(m): 10:40am On Jul 12, 2012
Fear catch the jugde when he remember the holy scripture. Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm....... grin

7 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 12, 2012
poor girl. Rich will continue to get richer, Legally or illegally.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Reference(m): 10:41am On Jul 12, 2012
The system remains on life support. There's still a long way to go.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by megareal: 10:43am On Jul 12, 2012
So what were you expecting? Him to loose? I forsaw the judgement jare, especially when several factors are taken into consideration.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Humphreydis(m): 10:43am On Jul 12, 2012
D girl no happy say dem giv am spiritual slap abi,wetin other people dey find even with money dem no get am.Papa giv u for free u dey complain...me i need spiritual spiritual slap to cure my months of joblessness...abeg Papa Oyedepo i need spiritual slap pls sir!...

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 12, 2012
God Punish Una Paaaapaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Una Sabi Who Oyedepo Be grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by PRESERVER(m): 10:49am On Jul 12, 2012
Thank God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bishop David Abioye: "Don't Vote For People That Value Cow More Than Life" / Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting / Newman Emmanuel Edward: "If You Are Rich & Don't Help Pastors, You Will Die"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.