Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,982 members, 7,835,293 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Marketers And Sales Representatives: Get Help Here! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Marketers And Sales Representatives: Get Help Here! (734 Views)

Marketers And Distributors Thread / CBN Forex Policy: Local Manufacturers Happy As Production And Sales Leap By 50% / Book Marketers And Distributors In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marketers And Sales Representatives: Get Help Here! by bvc(m): 8:37am On Jul 17, 2012
Over the years I have watched marketers suffer as a result of lack of technical no how.

These days marketing jobs are so unattractive in a country where unemployment is dominant.

I hear graduates and undergraduates lament over their marketing jobs / offers, but I kept silent. Maybe out of greed, because as an entrepreneur, I got my products across to the people that need them without stress.

This is my way of saying; I changed my mind. Let us all help marketers everywhere. I will moderate the discussions, because I will say I haven't had any marketing problems in all my businesses.

A brief profile of myself: I am a graduate of Industrial chemistry, in the university of port harcourt. An associate member of the Institute of Customer Relationship, Nigeria and Institute of Strategic Management, Nigeria. I started selling over 2 decades ago, and I'm still in my late 20s. From hawking to hustling; sales of goods and services; resl estate and infosales. The list goes on and on. But, the most important point you should note is; I have a rare flare for marketing-customer relationship-sales.

Now, enough of me! Here is the deal: -I want struggling marketers and sales people to share their experiences and difficulties.
-Contributions, solutions and ideas are expected from everyone with meaningful ideas.
-I will be answering all unanswered questions as soon as I can.
-I will be giving relevant strategic ways to get goods and services in the mins of people.
-Other experts are free to contribute.

What I intend to achieve:
-To relieve the stress of marketers and sales personnels.
-To let them know they are not alone.
-To encourage them to be more productive.
-To give them procedures on how to be more productive.
-To give marketers an avenue to network.
-To help aspiring marketers in their begining stages.
Et cetera

Feel free to drop your experiences; questions; diffulties; sort coming and problems (as it relates to marketing and sales) here.
Re: Marketers And Sales Representatives: Get Help Here! by benz33(m): 9:13am On Jul 17, 2012
Good one. I am a marketing Consultant too and when i see graduates say"i hate marketing job...i dont want marketing job" i laugh, what many of them have failed to realize is that they failed to understand the word "MARKETING PLAN"

..They dont really know that every product or services have its own target market and it will be a waste of time and energy marketing your products to people who dont really need it.

..@ OP...A good one there and i pray they all see the light and be ready to know the technicalities involve in marketing.
Re: Marketers And Sales Representatives: Get Help Here! by bvc(m): 10:46am On Jul 18, 2012
I agree with your observations and conclusions. Its disheartening that a lot of unemployed graduates roam the streets, they see ads on marketing and sales reps, they sigh and walk pass it thinking "who do they want to kill?"; "marketing jobs no make sense abeg"; "I rather remain unemployed than be a marketer"...

Mr. Benz33, thank you for stopping by. I'm sure your contributions will go a long way here.
Re: Marketers And Sales Representatives: Get Help Here! by bvc(m): 10:47am On Jul 18, 2012
I agree with your observations and conclusions. Its disheartening that a lot of unemployed graduates roam the streets, they see ads on marketing and sales reps, they sigh and walk pass it thinking "who do they want to kill?"; "marketing jobs no make sense abeg"; "I rather remain unemployed than be a marketer"...

Mr. Benz33, thank you for stopping by. I'm sure your contributions will go a long way here.
Re: Marketers And Sales Representatives: Get Help Here! by Meritgoal(m): 12:40pm On Jul 18, 2012
Good to meet marketing gurus of some sort here today, pls how best do u think a new product (tyre inflator) could be sold? The seller wouldn't want to spend money on advert. Your views 'll be appreciated. The picture below is the inflator.

Re: Marketers And Sales Representatives: Get Help Here! by benz33(m): 1:15pm On Jul 18, 2012
@ Meritgoal...Do you Just say the "SELLER WOULDN'T WANT TO SPEND MONEY ON ADVERT"...If yes then the seller is not ready to sell his or her product, dont forget the MARKETING AND ADVERTISING share lots of similarities than the word SELLING.......Read below..

..MARKETING: Have a lot to do with getting the words about ur product out to people or prospects by telling the the function of ur product and the benefits attached to ur products and the price of ur products. It goes a long way by letting prospective buyer have knowledge about ur product and the will now bring about SALES....Sales on the other hand involves product and value exchange. This has to do with exchanging something for another e.g exchanging ur product for the customers Money.

...I will advise the seller to change his perception of not wanting to spend money for MARKETING AND ADVERTISING.He can meet with Spare parts sellers then to become his distributors, but they will need what we call Marketing or Awareness creation Materials e.g a Small Banner, Fliers and others. You can reach me on 08051744119,017484424. My office is located in an area close to Automobile engineers e.g MOTOR MECHANICS...based in Lagos. Thank You
Re: Marketers And Sales Representatives: Get Help Here! by bvc(m): 8:28am On Jul 19, 2012
Lmao@the tire inflator seller not wanting to spend money on advertisement. It now brings a thought in my head, what do people know about advertisement? What product/service should be advertised? How much should be invested in advertisement? Etc

Meritgold, tell the 'seller' that advertisement is investment, not a gamble. If you have to pay 20naira to sell your products worth 50naira for 100naira won't you pay the 20naira? I'm sure you will. You see, we are not all made to be entrepreneurs (risk takers).

I must not forget to commend Mr. Benz33 for his swift and appropriate comment. I believe you are in safe hands with him so far. Cheers!

(1) (Reply)

How To Start A Waterproofing Business / Before Going Into Business / Pls Help Me I Need A......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.