Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,236 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Solar Systems Fail In Nigeria - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Solar Systems Fail In Nigeria (2710 Views)

EMBEDDED SYSTEMS Tutorial:#include <module3.h>software And Hardware Tool Needed / Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. / Cool Projects(embedded Systems) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solar Systems Fail In Nigeria by electrowale: 10:41am On Jul 17, 2012
what is the reason why solar energy fail in Nigeria?.
Re: Solar Systems Fail In Nigeria by Cmonsense: 5:39pm On Jul 17, 2012
Too many local champions....
Re: Solar Systems Fail In Nigeria by tunde300us(m): 7:28pm On Jul 25, 2012
Humidity,dats just it
Re: Solar Systems Fail In Nigeria by electrowale: 5:50am On Jul 26, 2012
@ Tunde is not about humidity is about doing ur calculation well, for example if ur are installing solar system in about and the total watts/hour u got is 650wh, for u to get effective solar panel effective u need to divide it by the hour of sunshine in abuja which i normally use to be btw 3 and 3.5hours bt some people will use it as 5,6 or 7 hours which is wrong. and two the direction of ur solar panel matters alot... if u are installing ur solar panel position it to south by dt time u will get more then 3hour sun...
Re: Solar Systems Fail In Nigeria by tunde300us(m): 12:02pm On Aug 05, 2012
@wale,u are talking about a typical scenario.I am saying the reason why even the ones well positioned,well calculated will still fail in Nigeria is because the TROPIC nature of Nigeria is not taking into account before manufacture of this solar panels,and so with time they will fail not cos u didnt calculate well or position it well,but because the humidity in Nigeria is not put into the equation while the panels were made then more and more of those things will kaput on time.
Re: Solar Systems Fail In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 17, 2012
Unbeatable Offer!!!

Get the best of our range of extremely rugged products and be glad you did.

Buy 20 units of 12v/200ah deep cycle batteries and get 1 unit FREE!!!

We have Inverters, Deep Cycle Batteries, UPS, Stabilizers and UPS Batteries at affordable prices!

Our products are ideal for home, office and industrial purposes.

Ups capacity of up to 100Kva, Stabilizer capacity of up to 100Kva, and so much more!

Call 07037117280 for details!!!
Re: Solar Systems Fail In Nigeria by hunter121: 8:41am On Aug 19, 2012
Re: Solar Systems Fail In Nigeria by nusdog: 8:52pm On Aug 26, 2012
Oyibo just dey scam our mumu govt and ignorant nigerians. These white folks, do they also use those rubbish solar equipment they sell to us in their countries? They know the efficiency of that source of energy is 1%, yet they use to swindle billions of dollars from us. I
Re: Solar Systems Fail In Nigeria by cursorsystem(m): 5:58am On Aug 27, 2012
Solar energy failure is due to our economic . Let me explain it here: If you want to build solar energy for your self, is it possible to spend N2,000.00 do it unlike rechargeable lantern which you can get at the rate of N1,500 or so, That is why these rechargeable lantern are still selling . The minimum cost of production for solar energy is between N80,000.00 and above which is saying that it is meant for rich people. And these rich men don't use them because most of them are use to generator to generate their electricity. It is only government that patronize it for street light. In a nut shell, the cost of production too much for common people to afford.
Re: Solar Systems Fail In Nigeria by nusdog: 7:33am On Aug 27, 2012
Most of the solar street lights in my area are dead and not working again. Its just a waste of funds.
cursor system: Solar energy failure is due to our economic . Let me explain it here: If you want to build solar energy for your self, is it possible to spend N2,000.00 do it unlike rechargeable lantern which you can get at the rate of N1,500 or so, That is why these rechargeable lantern are still selling . The minimum cost of production for solar energy is between N80,000.00 and above which is saying that it is meant for rich people. And these rich men don't use them because most of them are use to generator to generate their electricity. It is only government that patronize it for street light. In a nut shell, the cost of production too much for common people to afford.
Most of the solar street lights in my area are dead and not working again. Its just a waste of funds.
Re: Solar Systems Fail In Nigeria by SolarWizard: 2:06pm On Nov 25, 2013
We offer 2 years warranty on our solar street Lightings 08066895402
Re: Solar Systems Fail In Nigeria by idsolar(m): 3:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
pls see other solar threads. solar energy is workn. govt solar streetlight is commissiond not to work. solar provide 80-90% electricity for my home. i dont hv gen. all my installatns are workn till date

(1) (Reply)

Make Free Calls With This Cheat / Top 10 Inverter Batteries In Nigeria 2019 / IC's Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.