Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,199 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? (17750 Views)

Please Rate Me.what Exactly Do You Think Of Me? / Share Your Rag-day Experience / Your Rag Day Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by pendusky(m): 4:12pm On Jul 18, 2012
::Andrew:::
my babe once went for rag day and came back with 1000 new contacts
of different men. angry angry angry angry angry angry

grin grin grin grin, buahahahahaha, guys funi oh!
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by crackhouse(m): 4:19pm On Jul 18, 2012
Rag day is disgusting. I hate it. When i see students dressed in such outfit, my regards for them diminishes immediately.
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by RuuDie(m): 4:23pm On Jul 18, 2012
When the students themselves are "needy", they should give the money to charity you say. . .how nah!!?
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by empron(m): 4:24pm On Jul 18, 2012
megxo: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LIBYAN
hmmmmm may south sudan grin
megxo: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LIBYAN
hmmmmm may be south sudan
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by SisiKill1: 4:27pm On Jul 18, 2012
pro01: Rag day still dey exist? Na all these razz schools still dey do that ishh. All through my long years in UI, I never heard about - let alone witnessed - anything like rag day. . . . Maybe I'm wrong but, I guess it's for schools like[b] Agbabiaka Polytechnic Akungba-Okoko and Akpa-Amu College of Education Umunede and so on[/b].

Bwahahahahaha!! cheesy cheesy

Once again. . .somebody pleeeeeeaaaase tell me what Rag Day is and how do they make money from it??
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by crackhouse(m): 4:30pm On Jul 18, 2012
ballabriggs: I spent most rag days drinking holy water with fellow entities at iliya du manpower. No time!

Any entity in the house? Walk and never stumble.
Mr. man grow up.
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by fankasibe: 4:33pm On Jul 18, 2012
If u ever try it in my 'BETTER BY FAR' (GREAT UNILORIN) u will face Tanke(expel).
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by bknight: 4:40pm On Jul 18, 2012
i think it humorous when i see students in absurd dressings with empty cans grin begging embarassed i thought it would be fun but when i was in d uni, i never had the nerve to join them, i guess it wasnt my kind of thing
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by basisop(m): 4:46pm On Jul 18, 2012
undecidedEhhh, Nobody here ever participated! We have all never ragged! Those ghost must rounded up when next. Foolish bunch of pretenders!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 18, 2012
ballabriggs: I spent most rag days drinking holy water with fellow entities at iliya du manpower. No time!

Who awa? Paul I know, silas I know? I am d I am, a wawastic agama lizard who was transformed from animality to humanity on that Day E, Location P . . . Let me punctuate for general peace and tranquility.
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by dayokanu(m): 4:54pm On Jul 18, 2012
rag day? Dem still dey do that rubbish?
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 18, 2012

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by Tsmooth1(m): 5:11pm On Jul 18, 2012
I schooled @ Harvard University in... in... where is it even situated? that is where I schooled.
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by MizEmerald(f): 5:14pm On Jul 18, 2012
pro01: Rag day still dey exist? Na all these razz schools still dey do that ishh. All through my long years in UI, I never heard about - let alone witnessed - anything like rag day. . . . Maybe I'm wrong but, I guess it's for schools like Agbabiaka Polytechnic Akungba-Okoko and Akpa-Amu College of Education Umunede and so on.
. And who told u d university in Akungba Akoko has ever done rag day..see ur cockroach infested mouth
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by slimyem: 5:14pm On Jul 18, 2012
basisop: undecidedEhhh, Nobody here ever participated! We have all never ragged! Those ghost must rounded up when next. Foolish bunch of pretenders!
nor mind them jor!
Lie lie people!
I ragged once in 300L.ugly experience!
See men giving us their numbers instead of money...
The kain shame wey catch me that day eehn...i regret say i comot!
Students do it for their own pockets and pots of soup now..
The initial purpose of it has been water-washed!
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by legba1(m): 5:22pm On Jul 18, 2012
The whole idea should be stopped.havent fulfilled it purpose back then,i believed it has over stayed its relevance and so should be stopped.on ma way to lagos from Abeokuta today,i saw students in rags and i assure you they are all not pleasant to behold.i never participated and cant even remmembered my school union calling out students for such purpose.i rest my case.
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by frankgreat(m): 5:28pm On Jul 18, 2012

entity alika mua may your dayz be long.... Well i dnt see rag day as anytin wrng...dere are also less priviledge in our higher institution, dey use it to help themselvess too
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by blazzers(m): 5:33pm On Jul 18, 2012

are u a kegite?too poor,go be an Alora.
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by coldiz: 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2012
Even those who didn't complete their secondary school education are busy condemning rag day like its a crime.... Funny set of Nigerians... All of una no rag... So those pple wey don rag in d past na frm anoda planet.... Lie lie kill all of una... Pretending liars....
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by blazzers(m): 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2012
i did ragday,it was fun,made enuf moni,cos i went to lagos island....i made enuf to drink beer with my fwends
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by oladayo042: 5:47pm On Jul 18, 2012
I can't do it.
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by pcicero(m): 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2012
Rag Day? I have seen Students begging in those days in Lagos. But while at OAU, there was nothing like that.

I went to visit friends in OSCOTECH, Esa Oke and they were doing it.
I went back to Ife and asked the SUG president why OAU wasn't doing it. He called it the 'glorification of poverty' and that they'll rather fight against 'imperialist tendencies'.

OAU, as far as I know still doesn't do it. So whenever I see students begin on 'rag day', I don't feel inclined to part with my money.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by MsAfroZest(f): 6:04pm On Jul 18, 2012
basisop: undecidedEhhh, Nobody here ever participated! We have all never ragged! Those ghost must rounded up when next. Foolish bunch of pretenders!

As in N/l people can like to pretend. 'Tufiakwa I didn't do it' 'does it still exist','I cannot be a party to such'. If you do an investigation you will find out that it is even a hereditary trait in some people here. Their grandparents did it,their parents did it, they did it and their children will do it.

Come here and be forming rubbish.
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 18, 2012
Nigerians can so love to feel inferior.....
Rag day is more like a stress-free day for students..
It means Receive-And-Give......
Although students now rcv and keep.... It doesn't mean ppl should make it luk like shit...
Dsame nigerians dat say its a stupid act cheer at deir televisions when they watch movies with halloween events.....
Rag day is just our own nigerian students' halloween.
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by shadrach77: 6:10pm On Jul 18, 2012
i did it - it was fun - it's just a day so there's no big deal in making a fool of oneself for that one day - it wasn't the money that made it fun, it was just the experience, the reaction from the people in town cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by Odunnu: 6:14pm On Jul 18, 2012
I sincerely never knew until now now that the revenue was meant for the needy.
I'd always thot it was to help students who just gained admission
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by pcicero(m): 6:14pm On Jul 18, 2012
Ms.AfroZest:

As in N/l people can like to pretend. 'Tufiakwa I didn't do it' 'does it still exist','I cannot be a party to such'. If you do an investigation you will find out that it is even a hereditary trait in some people here. Their grandparents did it,their parents did it, they did it and their children will do it.

Come here and be forming rubbish.

MzDarkSkin,
Do they observe 'Rag Day' in Jamaica too? I thought it's a Naija thingy?

@Immanuelle
I'm not condemning it entirely but I think it's being proliferated to the extent that non-students even do it. More so, I think it should be done on a particular day and not almost everyday as is the case. That will give it some level of credibility.

However, some schools, like OAU that I attended, don't do it.
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by CY09: 6:30pm On Jul 18, 2012

Da6 elongated!
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by MsAfroZest(f): 6:31pm On Jul 18, 2012
[size=8pt][/size]MzDarkSkin,
Do they observe 'Rag Day' in Jamaica too? I thought it's a Naija thingy?

I don't remember ever saying I schooled in Jamaica and the name is Mz.Afrozest cheesy
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by djmummy: 6:31pm On Jul 18, 2012
Do they have to dress in rags to beg?
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by CY09: 6:38pm On Jul 18, 2012
Dr. Wise:

Who awa? Paul I know, silas I know? I am d I am, a wawastic agama lizard who was transformed from animality to humanity on that Day E, Location P . . . Let me punctuate for general peace and tranquility.
Jankard viberation! angry angry angry angry
Re: What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? by ifihearam: 6:40pm On Jul 18, 2012
The rag day in our time usually fell in the student week,that week was usually lecture free,where we had old skool day,corporate day,native etc. But never participated in the rag day cos its basically begging day and to no particular purpose.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Send A Shoutout To Nairalanders That Made You Smile This Year / Learn How To Cook 100 Types Of Nigeria Food From Different Tribe / Happy New Year 2023 Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.