Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,142 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Nissan Quest 2001 - Oil Light Comes On And Off - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Quest 2001 - Oil Light Comes On And Off (1661 Views)

My Oil Light Comes On 1 Minute After I Start My Engine. / Nissan Quest 2001 Engine / ABS Light Comes On Sometimes Help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan Quest 2001 - Oil Light Comes On And Off by bcy(m): 8:14pm On Jul 17, 2012
:oHouse, can some tell me what's wrong with my car with the engine oil indicator coming on? the engine does not run stable and can even go off after applying brake. no smooth ride at all!

House, can some tell me what's wrong with my car with the engine oil indicator coming on? the engine does not run stable and can even go off after applying brake. no smooth ride at all!
Re: Nissan Quest 2001 - Oil Light Comes On And Off by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:19pm On Jul 17, 2012
when was the last time oil got topped up in your car and also when was it changed ?

as for the engine start with basic changing the plugs and put that addictive that cleans your injectors
Re: Nissan Quest 2001 - Oil Light Comes On And Off by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 18, 2012
Oil Light:

1) Could be due to oil starvation - check your oil level.
2) Could be due to low idle - can your vehicle maintain an idle constitently?

Engine:

1) When was the last tune up? Air filter, spark plugs?
2) Are you throwing codes? If so scan for the codes.

Though doubtful but not improbable, check the connection at your oil pressure switch or even the switch itself.
Re: Nissan Quest 2001 - Oil Light Comes On And Off by bcy(m): 6:40am On Jul 18, 2012
thanks all.I topped the engine oil and the light is off. suprised because serviced the car about three or 4 months ago and did not make any long trip. However, planning another servicing this weekend in that case.

Somorin,

The car can only maintain idle state for few minutes. the moment the engine warms up it will start fluctuating. the RPM niddle goes between 0 and 1. this is another issue with the car.

Also, the radiator fan suddenly started rotating permanently.

Is VALVOLINE a good engine oil?
Re: Nissan Quest 2001 - Oil Light Comes On And Off by sultaan(m): 11:56pm On Jul 18, 2012
For your engine fluctuating you have a vacuum leak, one of the hoses that goes from the air box to engine has been removed ,not installed properly or cracked.There is another hose from brake booster Behind brake fluid reservoir that goes to the engine can cause that too.

Look at the Quest in the attached link
https://www.nairaland.com/842437/nissan-quest-2001-model-sale

Thick black hoses and smaller one are what you are looking for some are for coolant that is why I said hoses from the airbox.

Vavoline is better that those visco 2000, ambro Major player in lubricants look for 10w30. your engine must be leaking oil.change oil every 3 months

Is your fan rewired? your thermostat removed?

1 Like

Re: Nissan Quest 2001 - Oil Light Comes On And Off by bcy(m): 6:38am On Jul 19, 2012
Thanks a bunch Sultaan. great explanation. i will look at all these and revert ASAP.

One more thing; Please what could be wrong, front A/C vents not discharging but the back vents excellent?

To the enire house, kudos for your help.

(1) (Reply)

Is This The Tallest Car In Nigeria -- ? "Pictures" / A/C Pipe Welds. / Nigerian Inventor Drives Self-made Aero-amphibious Automobile To Meet President!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.