Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

M.sc. (business) Management Or An MBA - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / M.sc. (business) Management Or An MBA (13078 Views)

Supply Chain Management OR Project Management / Oil And Gas Management Or Environmental And Biochemical Toxicology / Is An MBA Prestigious In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: M.sc. (business) Management Or An MBA by mevisbleek: 3:51am On Jul 31, 2012
@excellencies,
Good point. The person that asked this question said that he would like to g into Consulting. If one wants to go into consulting, MBA would be a better choice. If you want to get a PHD, Msc is better.
Re: M.sc. (business) Management Or An MBA by excellencies: 6:18am On Jul 31, 2012
@ Mevisbleek.
To me Msc is better for consulting because of research capabilities to make inquiry and investigations, but can go for MBA in a highly placed business school (Not just a university) for the purpose of networking. What helps most times in consulting is not even classroom experience but exposures and experiences on certain things and your ability to sustain relationships that brings client referrals.
Re: M.sc. (business) Management Or An MBA by neduzi: 7:55am On Jul 31, 2012
Phew! I love you all. This thread is really insightful and it is seriously revealing! Thanks all.
Re: M.sc. (business) Management Or An MBA by ocelot2006(m): 9:46am On Jul 31, 2012
excellencies: I dont believe u can do Msc Management str8 with Bsc microbiology, no pgd, no mba. If u say it is possible. Pls tell me 2 or 3 skls doing dat in uk or us so I can recommend for pple close to me. Also I doubt the global relevance of such schools in Management programs.

Yes there are (at least over there in the UK). My case is an example. I hold a first degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and was later admitted into Brunel Business School (Brunel University, Uxbridge) were I graduated with an M.Sc in Business Management. And I wasn't the only.

@ OP, I suggest you go through the M.Sc route (Business Mgt). Both M.Sc and MBA offer the very same modules like Strategic Management (Corporate and Business level strategies), Financial Mgt, Entrepreneurial studies, etc. There were differences though as the former offers additional courses like HRM and Corporate Governance. And it's research based, unlike the MBA that's more practical.
Re: M.sc. (business) Management Or An MBA by excellencies: 9:39am On Aug 07, 2012
So go for Msc. "Ocelot" from Brunel University has confirmed too.
Re: M.sc. (business) Management Or An MBA by abedoyin: 1:52am On Jun 03, 2013
I don't think we need to argue abt this,The first Point of action is,what is your career goal?
Both r ok for Consulting firm,bt if U̶̲̥̅̊ r sure that U̶̲̥̅̊ will deviate into academics,Msc is prefered,cos it provides the shortest route to attaining Phd in mgt compared to MBA.
Re: M.sc. (business) Management Or An MBA by neduzi: 11:48am On Jun 20, 2013
abedoyin: I don't think we need to argue abt this,The first Point of action is,what is your career goal?
Both r ok for Consulting firm,bt if U̶̲̥̅̊ r sure that U̶̲̥̅̊ will deviate into academics,Msc is prefered,cos it provides the shortest route to attaining Phd in mgt compared to MBA.
Thank bro!
Re: M.sc. (business) Management Or An MBA by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 01, 2013
Re: M.sc. (business) Management Or An MBA by joemaps(m): 9:15am On Jul 08, 2014
Pls, I need help asap. I have a BSc in Computer Science (2.2) and wanna put in for a masters (MSc or MBA) Business Admin in NOUN, I've already bought the pin from the bank for onward processing but a bit not clear about certain things because of rumors making the rounds, and so I wanna be sure:
1. Must I do a pgd first and if not which of MSc or MBA should I do considering ease of admission and marketability?
2. If I do a pgd, must it be in Business Admin or can I choose something like Public Admin and then Master in Business Admin later?
Thanks.
Re: M.sc. (business) Management Or An MBA by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:42pm On Oct 05, 2014
Well, i think it depends on the institution.

Some institution allows u to do any masters programme as long as u have 2.2 and above, and some don't depending on d course.

Check for the institution you want to apply in, and check their requirements as regards MBA.
Is there any diff btw MBA and Masters in Science in Business adminstration.
To me they are they thesame thing, just an acronym and full meaning.

Good luck
Re: M.sc. (business) Management Or An MBA by mrfamous(m): 2:34pm On Jul 17, 2018
So the University of Ibadan now collaborates with Center for Enterprise Management and Research (at CEMAR Campus, Anthony, Lagos.) for its Executive MBA into the following specializations; Business Management, Entrepreneurship Management, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources Management and Public Sector Management.

Admission ongoing.

Tuition is 1,800,000 payable in 4 installments over four semesters.

Contacts; 08034465502, 08027198913, 08035955464
Re: M.sc. (business) Management Or An MBA by essentialone(m): 4:50pm On Aug 31, 2018
Which university in Nigeria offers part time MSc in Business Management or Business Administration. Not MBA ooo.

Please help a brother.
Re: M.sc. (business) Management Or An MBA by essentialone(m): 4:51pm On Aug 31, 2018
Unless you have HND or less than 2nd Class lower, you don't need PGD before you do MBA ooo, no matter what course you studied.
Re: M.sc. (business) Management Or An MBA by essentialone(m): 4:53pm On Aug 31, 2018
Most people still don't know that after MBA they can proceed directly to DBA and still be referred to as Dr.
Re: M.sc. (business) Management Or An MBA by blancamorgan: 10:39am On Feb 09
Before I offer advice, I'd like to provide a summary of my educational background. I hold an MBA from the University of Toronto and am currently pursuing a DBA (Doctor of Business Administration). In my view, an MBA carries more weight than an MSC. An MSC is typically sought by those aiming for a Ph.D. For more info about No Credit Check Loans

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Good Real Estate Income: Training & Employment Opportunity [Residual Income] / I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! / Share Your First Day At Work Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.