Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section (6133 Views)

What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market / Pain At The Navel 6 Weeks After C-section / C-section Versus Natural Childbirth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 20, 2012
maclatunji:

@Fellis, I believe natural delivery is the best. This is not to cast aspersions on mothers who go through CS and their children too.
Mac mac, how far? Me sef am not casting aspersions, just saying. . . .
Siena:

Bro, she's two, and has never fallen ill, or had any sort of infection. Even the running nose (thick and green which toddlers often get) she's never had.
Wow. That's unusual. You must be doing a good job with her then.
Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by EfemenaXY: 3:01am On Jul 21, 2012
Gracie1818, it's perfectly normal to feel apprehensive about labour and its associated pains. However, it does help to discuss your concerns with your midwife.

Have you considered having some pain relief during childbirth? Depending on where you're based, there are a wide range of options to choose from. Have a read of the link below. This should help you with making an informed choice:

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/914.aspx?CategoryID=54&SubCategoryID=135

@edogram. To put it very mildly, I find your initial comments extremely offensive. Who are you to judge? What make you judge & jury over us women & our choices, irrespective of our individual circumstances?

If you must know, I had all my sons by normal delivery. My youngest son had a birth weight of 5.37kg (11pounds & 2). My last child and very looooooong awaited daughter was born by c/s as it was a very high risk pregnancy (transverse lie at 40 weeks + 2 days). So going by your post we shouldn't have done anything abi? And waited for a fatal outcome, just to prove I'm a woman abi?

And one more thing. Five months on, and my daughter's birth is still being seriously celebrated! When I go with her to pick my boys up from school, she's always surrounded by their classmates, parents, teachers and TA's. Same thing when we go to church for mass - both young and old coo over her, want to carry her, comment on her looks, etc. Again, same thing when I take her to the library, go shopping & for heaven's sake even on a bus full of strangers!

Now tell me, does this sound like a child whose birth wasn't celebrated?? And all this happens in the UK where people notoriously have a stiff upper lip & mind their own business. None of my sons got half of the attention she gets. So pls do us all a favour and THINK before posting!

3 Likes

Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 21, 2012
Only you can decide what's best for you. A lot of women die during labor so please if you feel your body isn't up to it for whatever reason listen to your body. Just discuss your fears with your doctor and he/she will be able to talkyou through the options open to you. Abeg your life is too important to be using it to proveto some people that you're a "strong" woman. All their likes will say is the usual eeya. Only you can decide on what is best for you and your child. Wishing you the best
Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by soapdish(f): 7:42am On Jul 21, 2012
edogram.:
When will some nigerian women learn how to talk? Who is ignorant here? Thats how they bring out their dirty charater outside on the internet for the whole world to see. A C should only be recommened when a normal birth is imposible, and that should be recommended by ur doctor only not some sily 'i to know person on nairaland'. U did it doesn't mean other people should go for it unprecribly. According to the poster she is ok, hearthy, but she is only scaled of pain pointing to what she went through last time. And Its sily to be suggesting A C just becos of pain considering the high risk she will be open to in A C what if the doctor destroy her, if u don't know countless of women has be destroyed by that, it work for u doest mean it will be good for another person, i knw her hubby will not support that unsprecribly with some sily advice from NL.
@poster do not take any useless advise to do any operation. Since u are sound and ok, considering the fact u ve done it before. Once birth means the road has opened. the second birth should be very easier like celebrating chrimas, don't be scaled everything will be fine trust me, u will come here for testimony. U are an african women and africa blood flows in u. Like as i said before Its only a waken woman should be afraid when she is sound and healthy. People dont celebrate A C baby. But once its delivered normaly, directly its a jump for Hallaluya and given glory to God. pepper soap and pounded yam for u.
I pity the woman you are married to or will marry. I had my son through CS. He is two and we are still celebrating his birth and will continue to do so. You must be living in the cave.

5 Likes

Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by maclatunji: 9:27am On Jul 21, 2012
fellis:
Mac mac, how far? Me sef am not casting aspersions, just saying. . . .

You are calling my name as if I have been lost. I have been around now and I am good too.
Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by maclatunji: 9:32am On Jul 21, 2012
tatiana009: Only you can decide what's best for you. A lot of women die during labor so please if you feel your body isn't up to it for whatever reason listen to your body. Just discuss your fears with your doctor and he/she will be able to talkyou through the options open to you. Abeg your life is too important to be using it to proveto some people that you're a "strong" woman. All their likes will say is the usual eeya. Only you can decide on what is best for you and your child. Wishing you the best

The same can be said for Caesarian Section, she should get a suitably qualified medical practitioner and discuss these fears with them. I don't think it is healthy at all that she is having such fears. Her husband is also needed for emotional support here.

Fear is not a good thing.
Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 21, 2012
some people crack me up - so i'm less of a woman by having CS - abeg let me be o!!

like Mr Siena - my daughter has never has an serious illness and is celebrated whereever she goes - haba the girl is a mini celebrity anywhere she goes.

CS all the way for me o!! when i die i doubt it will be on my head stone and as for boasting with my fellow women - na wah o my boast is that no one is winning any prize for pain - every drug they can give me I will take o!!
Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by edogram1(m): 1:29am On Jul 24, 2012
Sense u guys cant reply without insult. Then u too are living in a rabbit hole
Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by freshera: 7:57pm On Jul 25, 2012
People have different pain thresholds and I do not think that pain is something one should use to brag.

Some of the people who should brag about pain are dead, oh yes. Pain kills abeg.

Millions of women have died in childbirth due to the pain and other factors, I lost my aunt that way.

The pain of childbirth for a lot of women(not all) is a killer pain.

People like Aron Ralston are the ones who should brag about pain.

If a woman does not experience the pain, that does not mean she will not be a good mother.

Nothing wrong with elective CS in an excellent hospital but natural birth is the best if there is a good painkiller like epidural.
Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 26, 2012
epidural does not always work - if the baby is back to back you will feel every second of that pain (I speak from experience).
Re: Pls Share Ur Experience With A C Section by oroh4gold: 2:39pm On Oct 09, 2012
check out this new website i just discovered. I am sure you will find it helpful

www.wemothers.org

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / What My Fiancee Said Is Bothering Me / Worreva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.