Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,166 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market (5314 Views)

My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us / My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. / Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by Eddygourdo(m): 11:27am On Nov 01, 2014
Women come in all shapes and sizes with distinct differences in thier personalities. But they tend to really have similarites that can leave one baffled. If you think hell and frustration starts when u die then think again cos u havent followed my mum to the market. You will likely come home in tears as the price haggling and market roaming just to find where pepper is sold N5 less is soul punishment. Abeg country people is this peculiar in my mum and recently sisters and gf or u experienced such too?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by EfemenaXY: 11:44am On Nov 01, 2014
Eddygourdo:
Women come in all shapes and sizes with distinct differences in thier personalities. But they tend to really have similarites that can leave one baffled. If you think hell and frustration starts when u die then think again cos u havent followed my mum to the market. You will likely come home in tears as the price haggling and market roaming just to find where pepper is sold N5 less is soul punishment. Abeg country people is this peculiar in my mum and recently sisters and gf or u experienced such too?

Haha!

It comes with the territory. But look at the bright side - take your sons or any other male family member into a sports shop...you'll shed tears of blood. grin cheesy
Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by Mrval20(m): 11:45am On Nov 01, 2014
I followed an aunt to the market when I was much younger and this is her shopping routine - she walks 50km to by salt from her 'customer' and another 70km to buy seasoning from another 'customer'. That's how she roams the whole market in the name of buying from her long term 'customers'.
I guess all women have their own shopping idiosyncrasies.
Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by EfemenaXY: 11:51am On Nov 01, 2014
^^ cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by Ploy(m): 12:31pm On Nov 01, 2014
It used to be fun when I was a lil younger because of sweet and biscuit she'll buy for whomever followed her to the market but the last time tried it. I vowed never to do it again.

We entered shops of three of my school mates pricing articles in the most ridiculous ways you can ever imagined. We ended up buying nothing.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by Eddygourdo(m): 12:35pm On Nov 01, 2014
Mrval20:
I followed an aunt to the market when I was much younger and this is her shopping routine - she walks 50km to by salt from her 'customer' and another 70km to buy seasoning from another 'customer'. That's how she roams the whole market in the name of buying from her long term 'customers'.
I guess all women have their own shopping idiosyncrasies.
your aunt and my mum must be from the same village. Women sef

1 Like

Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 01, 2014
I roam the market 3 times.
1st round-to scan through and note the cheapest points.
2nd round-to actually start buying
3rd round-to round up and still be sure there are no cheaper options in case of next time embarassed sad

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by Mrval20(m): 12:54pm On Nov 01, 2014
Eddygourdo:
your aunt and my mum must be from the same village. Women sef
Lolsmiley
Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by Eddygourdo(m): 12:56pm On Nov 01, 2014
alutacontinua:
3rd round-to round up and still be sure there are no cheaper options in case of next time embarassed sad
mummy is this u giving explanation or is this really alutacontinua A MAN undecided
alutacontinua:
mummy is this u giving explanation or is this really alutacontinua A MAN How did u acquire such patience bros

1 Like

Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 01, 2014
Eddygourdo:
mummy is this u giving explanation or is this really alutacontinua A MAN How did u acquire such patience bros

Patience is a virtue, it ain't only limited to ladies lipsrsealed
I hate to feel cheated by market people angry cheesy cheesy
Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 01, 2014
Good ol'memories boi!

I go home with more than enuf naira notes cos all her friend will always dash me money. Show off time! cheesy

D thing is i hardly follow her so when i do, its worthy of celebration. Na so all d mamas and aunties will see me that day, even those that secretly want their young sons to marry me(mothers matchmaking since eons cheesy) kiss

And when i entered uni, d stake became higher cheesy more mani,mani, mani cheesy
And some serious gifts(give this to my son's wife to be)
Funny mothers.
One of my childhood friend said she always like going to mkt with me cos i always end up coming back with lots of cash so it will rub off on her, lol!

Good ol' days cheesy

5 Likes

Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by tpia6: 1:04pm On Nov 01, 2014
What kind of thread is this?

What's its purpose?

You must analyze and comment about every single facet of a human existence and nitpick every thing even taking a dump in the toilet?
Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 01, 2014
alutacontinua:
Wish i had that opportunity to roam around. It will be fun. I miss growing up

1 Like

Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by Eddygourdo(m): 1:32pm On Nov 01, 2014
tpia6:
What kind of thread is this?

What's its purpose?

You must analyze and comment about every single facet of a human existence and nitpick every thing even taking a dump in the toilet?
pls accept my apolgies I am currently monitoring news blogs so the moment news worthy of u and ur attention becomes available so I open a thread for ur enjoyment am sure a bomb blast, accident , or rape case will please u and prove thread worthy.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by EfemenaXY: 1:34pm On Nov 01, 2014
None of my sons like to go shopping with me. Ever sooooo impatient!

The only one who truly understands me, and the need to check those stock prices well-well, size, texture, etc is my two year old daughter.

Infact, na only she get my time... grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by HonourablePomk: 1:43pm On Nov 01, 2014
Eddygourdo:
pls accept my apolgies I am currently monitoring news blogs so the moment news worthy of u and ur attention becomes available so I open a thread for ur enjoyment am sure a bomb blast, accident , or rape case will please u and prove thread worthy.

You dey mind the saddist

4 Likes

Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by Kanwulia: 2:05pm On Nov 01, 2014
I really would love LEAVE HER AZZZZZE DIA for real! angry
Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by Eddygourdo(m): 3:46pm On Nov 01, 2014
Kanwulia:
I really would love LEAVE HER AZZZZZE DIA for real! angry
my dear. Well with the way my eyes turned red and my grumblings with hissing next time she calls me eddy my darling son I will smell a scam and flee from all possibilities of saying "but mummy how can u claim to be looking for fish to buy when we have passed over ten fish sellers begging u plus u are even ignoring my tantrums. Or Shey their fish na chinko ? "

2 Likes

Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 01, 2014
EfemenaXY:
None of my sons like to go shopping with me. Ever sooooo impatient!
The only one who truly understands me, and the need to check those stock prices well-well, size, texture, etc is my two year old daughter.
Infact, na only she get my time... grin cheesy

my kind of girl. kiss
With my mum, it was a nightmare. One day i was so sad that none of my elder ones like to follow her to the market for xmas shopping, so i decided to follow her. We walked around the market that day. I had to sleep in one of her customers shop. When we eventually got home that night 7pm, i went straight to bed. Only to be woken up by 10pm for bath and food.
8am market. Chai.

That was the last time. That made me hate going to market.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by Eddygourdo(m): 3:50pm On Nov 01, 2014
tpia6:

ok lets bring it out to the open. What is ur problem. U calling me a terrorist by implication is out of line. If the topic has no relation to ur life experience. Please close eye waka pass. For peace sake. Happy weekend

3 Likes

Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by okirewaju(f): 4:52pm On Nov 01, 2014
How I love going to the market, I love shopping

After buying everything i need,i still roam around in the market incase I see anything I'm intrested in then the haggling of price begins

Anytime I enter a new location say for an over night event or whatsoever reason- the next question on my lip after resting is- please where is your market cheesy
Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by GreyBlood: 5:15pm On Nov 01, 2014
Wow! I love this thread cheesy. It reminds me of my mum. I luv her to bits. She always tells me that we are the new generation children that don't really know what hardship feels like.

Most times I pity the sellers that attend to her. I've told her several times that I can't tolerate a customer like her if I were a shop own.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by Kanwulia: 6:50pm On Nov 01, 2014
Eddygourdo:
my dear. Well with the way my eyes turned red and my grumblings with hissing next time she calls me eddy my darling son I will smell a scam and flee from all possibilities of saying "but mummy how can u claim to be looking for fish to buy when we have passed over ten fish sellers begging u plus u are even ignoring my tantrums. Or Shey their fish na chinko ? "

That na "woman" market o!
Na for dia dem dey go "work out"!
What the pocket cannot buy, the eyes can feast on abi? cheesy

My mamma dey forget say she get "arthritis" of the "buttocks" when she h-enter ANY SHOP!
Even if na MORTUARY! grin

At the airport na she be the first to shout for "wheelchair"! But h-insai market? shocked She be BEN JOHNSON TILL MARKET CLOSE!!!!! You can never find her!!!!! She nor go pick ANY OF HER PHONES!!!!

Amen!

VERRRRRY ANNNNNNOYING!!!!! angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 01, 2014
Kanwulia:

My mamma dey forget say she get "arthritis" of the "buttocks" when she h-enter ANY SHOP!
Even if na MORTUARY! grin

At the airport na she be the first to shout for "wheelchair"! But h-insai market? shocked She be BEN JOHNSON TILL MARKET CLOSE!!!!! You can never find her!!!!! She nor go pick ANY OF HER PHONES!!!!

Bwuhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Wetin be arthritis of the buttocks? cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by Kanwulia: 6:59pm On Nov 01, 2014
alutacontinua:

Bwuhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Wetin be arthritis of the buttocks? cheesy cheesy cheesy

The kind that causes the bones of the IKEBE to DECAY and ROT from OVER-USAGE na! wink
If dem begin WAKA GO, you go dey pity am!
All fake!!!! grin

1 Like

Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 01, 2014
Abeg pls help me ask her.
Kanwulia come and answer cheesy
Wetin be arthritis of the nyansh? cheesy
Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 01, 2014
Kanwulia:

The kind that causes the bones of the IKEBE to DECAY and ROT with OVER-USAGE na! wink
If begin WAKA GO, you go dey pity am!
All fake!!!! grin
U have already answered cheesy
Abegi pity mama now,bad gal cheesy
Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by Kanwulia: 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2014
moca:

U have already answered cheesy
Abegi pity mama now,bad gal cheesy

E be like say no OLD woman don take ya eye see SOINTIN for market before? grin You sef go "RUTHLESS"! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 01, 2014
Alutacontinua mrs. Why D male tag on your moniker..BTW all nija womans(women). Are the same. My mum own Worst she can price recharge card

3 Likes

Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by Nmeri17: 10:57pm On Nov 01, 2014
going to market with my mom?? neither ends well nor is it a palatable story sad My mom turns into a merchant and I become a camel that carries all the heavy bags. Then those livestock section with Hot flies looking for who to perch on angry Then the worst part...having everybody comment about my excessive height -_____- very very annoying angry

2 Likes

Re: What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market by nkoyo08(f): 7:08am On Nov 03, 2014
Nice thread. A a kid, funny enough i never followed her to do her market runs. The market was to chocked with people. But the after shopping runs in the kitchen was my nightmare. You go work tire.lol. But as i became a teenager, market became a must go and men it was 'waka-about'. My mum is a shopper 4 real. She shopped for what is needed at home 4 the month. Now as an adult, shopping is fun. But then was a nightmare.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Scam Called Marriage / How Did U Tell Ur Parents You Were Getting Married? / Good Creche On Lagos Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.