Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,215 members, 7,867,533 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:59 PM

Debunking God Through Omnipotence - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Debunking God Through Omnipotence (765 Views)

Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) / 5 Easy Steps To Debunking The Quran (for Christians, Atheists, Agnostics) / This Rubbish Called Law Of Attraction: Debunking It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Debunking God Through Omnipotence by MacDaddy01: 9:58pm On Jul 18, 2012
Ask a christian or a muslim if their God is omnipotent and they will tell you that they believe so. However, does it really make sense to say that God is omnipotent?

Omnipotent
1) The ability to do absolutely anything.

Here comes the debunkery;

[size=18pt]If god can do anything, can he create a rock that he can not move?

-Yes; then God is not omnipotent because he can not move the rock
-No; then God is not omnipotent because he can not create the rock.

[/size]
Re: Debunking God Through Omnipotence by Goshen360(m): 10:04pm On Jul 18, 2012
And when the time comes, same God can say you should sleep and not wake up again because you are still alive by his breathe. It's time for you to grow up and stop wasting your life.
Re: Debunking God Through Omnipotence by MacDaddy01: 10:08pm On Jul 18, 2012
Goshen360: And when the time comes, same God can say you should sleep and not wake up again because you are still alive by his breathe. It's time for you to grow up and stop wasting your life.

Was the logic too much for you?
Re: Debunking God Through Omnipotence by Goshen360(m): 10:11pm On Jul 18, 2012
Nothing is too much for me. I'm just saying, it's time for you to start doing something meaningful with your life rather than wasting it here on Nairaland by opening some senseless and illogical threads. Grow up boy. Life is too sweet for you to challenge your creator/maker. God is not proving Himself to you because you don't believe. Your thread doesn't change the status of God. Get life and get out your mess.
Re: Debunking God Through Omnipotence by MacDaddy01: 10:13pm On Jul 18, 2012
Goshen360: Nothing is too much for me. I'm just saying, it's time for you to start doing something meaningful with your life rather than wasting it here on Nairaland by opening some senseless and illogical threads. Grow up boy. Life is too sweet for you to challenge your creator/maker. God is not proving Himself to you because you don't believe. Your thread doesn't change the status of God. Get life and get out your mess.

You are right. I should stop wasting my time on a non-existent being. Its just that I have too much love for you christian/muslim douchebags that I cant leave you guyz in your delusion

1 Like

Re: Debunking God Through Omnipotence by Goshen360(m): 10:17pm On Jul 18, 2012
So what has your clinging to us done for u? What? Leave us alone if we are deluded. I have told you that your mind is veiled. God doesn't have to come down to prove to me before I believe he exist. He gives me the proves and evidences for me to believe. If you don't believe He exist, that is your own headache, not God's. Do precious things with your time in life, when you are old; you can have something to fall back to. Time is not on your side because you are not growing younger, every seconds counts in your life.
Re: Debunking God Through Omnipotence by MacDaddy01: 10:19pm On Jul 18, 2012
Goshen360: So what has your clinging to us done for u? What? Leave us alone if we are deluded. I have told you that your mind is veiled. God doesn't have to come down to prove to me before I believe he exist. He gives me the proves and evidences for me to believe. If you don't believe He exist, that is your own headache, not God's. Do precious things with your time in life, when you are old; you can have something to fall back to. Time is not on your side because you are not growing younger, every seconds counts in your life.

Whatever.
Re: Debunking God Through Omnipotence by Goshen360(m): 10:24pm On Jul 18, 2012
I have given you the best advice of life. You fight against your maker doesn't change His existence rather, your own life is sinking right in front of your eyes. Dude, if you understand time waits for nobody in life, you will stop all this pampers and diaper attitude you often display here. Do something meaningful with your life. Make the best out life. There are people younger than you who are millionaires or more than that. You are here spewing ignorance about God is Omnipotence or less. Go get yourself a good life so you can be happy with yourself at your old age.
Re: Debunking God Through Omnipotence by MacDaddy01: 10:25pm On Jul 18, 2012
Goshen360: I have given you the best advice of life. You fight against your maker doesn't change His existence rather, your own life is sinking right in front of your eyes. Dude, if you understand time waits for nobody in life, you will stop all this pampers and diaper attitude you often display here. Do something meaningful with your life. Make the best out life. There are people younger than you who are millionaires or more than that. You are here spewing ignorance about God is Omnipotence or less. Go get yourself a good life so you can be happy with yourself at your old age.

Wait, how old do you think I am?
Re: Debunking God Through Omnipotence by alexleo(m): 10:27pm On Jul 18, 2012
Goshen360: Nothing is too much for me. I'm just saying, it's time for you to start doing something meaningful with your life rather than wasting it here on Nairaland by opening some senseless and illogical threads. Grow up boy. Life is too sweet for you to challenge your creator/maker. God is not proving Himself to you because you don't believe. Your thread doesn't change the status of God. Get life and get out your mess.

All these shows that he/they cant do without God. It doesnt matter what they think about Him. I love this our God. He is truly the king of kings and Lord of lords. I want to live my life pleasing God till i see Him in heaven. Amen.
Re: Debunking God Through Omnipotence by MacDaddy01: 10:28pm On Jul 18, 2012
alexleo:

All these shows that he/they cant do without God. It doesnt matter what they think about Him. I love this our God. He is truly the king of kings and Lord of lords. I want to live my life pleasing God till i see Him in heaven. Amen.

Erm, why not address the omnipotence issue? Is your God really omnipotent?
Re: Debunking God Through Omnipotence by Goshen360(m): 10:30pm On Jul 18, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Wait, how old do you think I am?

I careless about your age. If you are mature, act like one and stop wearing pampers. Whatever your age, people younger than you are making it big time more than you and people older than you are also doing great in life. All am saying is, use your time and energy towards something meaningful so you can smile at your old age.
Re: Debunking God Through Omnipotence by Goshen360(m): 10:32pm On Jul 18, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Erm, why not address the omnipotence issue? Is your God really omnipotent?

Wait until He takes the breathe He gave you to breath and you can prove to Him if He is Omnipotent or not. He doesn't prove Himself to those who don't believe in Him and you have proved not to believed in Him. So what the heck is your headache?
Re: Debunking God Through Omnipotence by MacDaddy01: 10:48pm On Jul 18, 2012
Goshen360:

Wait until He takes the breathe He gave you to breath and you can prove to Him if He is Omnipotent or not. He doesn't prove Himself to those who don't believe in Him and you have proved not to believed in Him. So what the heck is your headache?

Jesus met doubting thomas. You need to read your bible
Re: Debunking God Through Omnipotence by Goshen360(m): 10:58pm On Jul 18, 2012
^
Thomas that doubted "some" things about Christ can do or that doesn't believe God exist? The doubt of Thomas is NOT in whether God exist or not. Once again, do something meaningful with your life. God doesn't need you to prove His existence if you don't believe in Him.
Re: Debunking God Through Omnipotence by MacDaddy01: 11:12pm On Jul 18, 2012
Goshen360: ^
Thomas that doubted "some" things about Christ can do or that doesn't believe God exist? The doubt of Thomas is NOT in whether God exist or not. Once again, do something meaningful with your life. God doesn't need you to prove His existence if you don't believe in Him.

Thomas doubted the resurrection of Christ. He did not believe that Jesus was God.

(1) (Reply)

Will The Traditional Worshipers Ever Be Proud Of Their Religion Again? / Miami Church Brands Members With "666" Tattoos / Jesus Is Coming Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.