Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

One Nigerian website is stealing my content - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / One Nigerian website is stealing my content (2258 Views)

Facebook Is Trying To Kill Facekobo.com - A Nigerian Website / Who Has My Content? Wordpress Or The Hosting Company? / Help Us Build the Best Nigerian Website Directory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Nigerian website is stealing my content by nollyj: 1:58am On Jul 19, 2012
I just find out that one Nigeria website naijafinder.com are coping my blog post. When I checked they have copied around 60 blog post from my blog. I guess they are using their web spider to scrape my content. I even find out that they ranked higher than my website in many of my articles they copied may be is due not their PR.

I have send them two emails about this issue and that they should take down my content from their site but I have not receive any reply from them since then.

Some of these posts I paid writers for it. Since may website is about education, I care less about coping my content but if you copy my content you have to give credit to my website as the main source of the article.

I am doing something about it right now but I feel it is important to let other bloggers who write original content in Nigeria to check if their content has been copied by this site.

You can check my blog out and this is one of the link they copied from my blog http://toscanyacademy.com/blog/computer-programming/php-lession-2-basic-php

You can also see it on their website here http://www.naijafinder.com/education/17977-php-lession-2-basic-php.html

Please if you know the own of this website, inform him / her that some of their activities is illegal. Even when they choose to run an aggregation website in Nigeria, they should just make sure they are not violating other people's right.
Re: One Nigerian website is stealing my content by DualCore1: 7:23am On Jul 19, 2012
If you can make a very good case with no holes, you can contact the host service provider of the offending site. The host service provider in this case is Namecheap.com and they have a good support system.

Next you can search Google for reputable Lawyers and legal bodies who deal with DMCA issues and can issue a DMCA take down.
Re: One Nigerian website is stealing my content by naijafinder: 8:27am On Jul 19, 2012
I just noticed you mentioned about www.naijafinder.com on Nairaland.
Naijafinder.com don't copy content. We have users on our website who post content of their choice since we do not restrict them and since they are been paid for posting on Naijafinder.com

We @ Naijafinder.com we also try to make sure that our users do not copy content from other site.
If you noticed your content on our website do notify the Admin at NigerFinder and he will figure out your request.

I also noticed that there was no message sent to the admin of Naijafinder.
Get back to me at Naijafinder.com if you have further complain.
Re: One Nigerian website is stealing my content by nollyj: 9:02am On Jul 19, 2012
@Dual Core, thanks. your suggestion is already in my mind.

@naijafinder, you said you did not receive any of my two previous emails. OK, I have send another one and I have provided enough information that I will help you check the authenticity of my claim.

I hope you do something about it.
Re: One Nigerian website is stealing my content by mrperfect(m): 9:26am On Jul 19, 2012
Let there hosting know about it.
Re: One Nigerian website is stealing my content by DualCore1: 10:11am On Jul 19, 2012
Nolyj one question in my head now is the article writers you pay, what agreement do you have with them about the articles they write for you? Who has the copyright to the articles they write for you?

Although its highly unlikely but this may be a case of the same content writer being paid to write "unique" articles for both sites.
Re: One Nigerian website is stealing my content by nollyj: 10:36am On Jul 19, 2012
Dual Core: Nolyj one question in my head now is the article writers you pay, what agreement do you have with them about the articles they write for you? Who has the copyright to the articles they write for you?

Although its highly unlikely but this may be a case of the same content writer being paid to write "unique" articles for both sites.

I do not think it is the case. My writers sign an agreement and the copyright belongs to me. I have many articles that I wrote myself which were among the copied articles
Re: One Nigerian website is stealing my content by yawatide(f): 11:41am On Jul 19, 2012
You can also do what a coworker of mine says he has done: Write some code such that any scraper ends up sending back to the source, a worm, or virus or whatever to damage the source's computer/server tongue
Re: One Nigerian website is stealing my content by Afam4eva(m): 12:19pm On Jul 19, 2012
naijafinder: I just noticed you mentioned about www.naijafinder.com on Nairaland.
Naijafinder.com don't copy content. We have users on our website who post content of their choice since we do not restrict them and since they are been paid for posting on Naijafinder.com

We @ Naijafinder.com we also try to make sure that our users do not copy content from other site.
If you noticed your content on our website do notify the Admin at NigerFinder and he will figure out your request.

I also noticed that there was no message sent to the admin of Naijafinder.
Get back to me at Naijafinder.com if you have further complain.
You guys should try and do a thorough review of the articles you get to make sure they are not duplicated and copyrighted articles before posting them on your website. If google even gets to find out, you'll be banned.
Re: One Nigerian website is stealing my content by nollyj: 12:53pm On Jul 19, 2012
I think most people care less about copyright infringement. They are only concern in ranking high in alexa, have a place in google search first page and make money from adverts irrespective of where their content is coming from.

The two reasons they use for their defense when they do not want to take responsibility is that

1. It was posted by a user (But where was it posted on and who is responsible or in-charge of the "where" )

2. They always claim they do not receive any previous request or notification informing them about right infringement. (Does it mean in cases like this, the contact form does not always work).

If not for anything it is important that we keep to ethics in Nigerian web sphere

1 Like

Re: One Nigerian website is stealing my content by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 19, 2012
nollyj: I think most people care less about copyright infringement. They are only concern in ranking high in alexa, have a place in google search first page and make money from adverts irrespective of where their content is coming from.

The two reasons they use for their defense when they do not want to take responsibility is that

1. It was posted by a user (But where was it posted on and who is responsible or in-charge of the "where" )

2. They always claim they do not receive any previous request or notification informing them about right infringement. (Does it mean in cases like this, the contact form does not always work).

If not for anything it is important that we keep to ethics in Nigerian web sphere

bro you have no case at all

the has a back link to you

if you can sue naijafinder

then NAIRALAND SELF no go dey again because me too i go sue SEUN lol cheesy
Re: One Nigerian website is stealing my content by Peterson1993(m): 3:24pm On Jul 19, 2012
Bro NollyJ Anyone copying your content shouldn't be your major headache. Just concentrate, focus and continue posting original contents and Google will come sucking the blood out of the content and give you what you deserve. You will see the effect of your original content with time.

1 Like

Re: One Nigerian website is stealing my content by naijafinder: 5:07pm On Jul 19, 2012
I just check and i could not find any message from you. www.naijafinder.com email id is post@naijafinder.com

Due to your concern about the content on Naijafinder.com, i have stop the User to stop posting.
I also noticed the content you refereed to also have a back-link to your site which is of benefit to your own website.
I think you should not be worried since you have backlink from www.Naijafinder.com to your own site.

If you have further request do not hesitate to pm me on Naijafinder.com Username: maxwell.

Thanks for your effort for trying to reach the admin of Naijafinder.com
Regards.

nollyj: @Dual Core, thanks. your suggestion is already in my mind.

@naijafinder, you said you did not receive any of my two previous emails. OK, I have send another one and I have provided enough information that I will help you check the authenticity of my claim.

I hope you do something about it.
Re: One Nigerian website is stealing my content by badesco(m): 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2012
nollyj: I just find out that one Nigeria website naijafinder.com are coping my blog post. When I checked they have copied around 60 blog post from my blog. I guess they are using their web spider to scrape my content. I even find out that they ranked higher than my website in many of my articles they copied may be is due not their PR.

I have send them two emails about this issue and that they should take down my content from their site but I have not receive any reply from them since then.

Some of these posts I paid writers for it. Since may website is about education, I care less about coping my content but if you copy my content you have to give credit to my website as the main source of the article.

I am doing something about it right now but I feel it is important to let other bloggers who write original content in Nigeria to check if their content has been copied by this site.

@nolly j, if you have proof then sue them, but be sure of what you want before you proceed, because it is something very cumbersome.

You can check my blog out and this is one of the link they copied from my blog http://toscanyacademy.com/blog/computer-programming/php-lession-2-basic-php

You can also see it on their website here http://www.naijafinder.com/education/17977-php-lession-2-basic-php.html

Please if you know the own of this website, inform him / her that some of their activities is illegal. Even when they choose to run an aggregation website in Nigeria, they should just make sure they are not violating other people's right.

(1) (Reply)

I Am Getting Over 500views Daily And A Total Of 5400 Visits On My 9days Old Blog / Find Latest Birthday SMS - Messages & Birthday Quotes / Premium Google Playstore Blogger Template With Free Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.