Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,321 members, 7,846,422 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha (14485 Views)

Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu / Race For Ibo Presidency -president Rochas Of APC Or President Peter Obi Of PDP / I Will Fix Nigeria If Elected President- Rochas Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by Akpan107(m): 6:59pm On Jul 19, 2012
mrkels: Trust Me, Nigerians would never allow this man be president...I mean even with his good works half his state hate him, trust me, I served in imo state...Am not saying he's not trying, the hell he is way better than ''let's do More'' ikedi ohakim, just that he's methods are allienic. Anyways in my opinion Oshiomole stands better chance if he ever wishes to go down that road...
ok, i don trust you...
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by Onlytruth(m): 7:02pm On Jul 19, 2012
Rochas is the only governor in the East that has indicated his interest in the presidency. He is performing, and will continue to perform until the next elections. So, WE ARE BEHIND HIM.
I don't even want to address those who underestimate this man because they will eat the humble pie. lol
He has vision, ambition, intelligence and drive; these are the qualities we need in a GREAT president.

Rochas whenever Jona leaves! cool

3 Likes

Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by Akpan107(m): 7:09pm On Jul 19, 2012
Super1759: ...remember he told imolites dat he wil jus be a gov for one tenur.so with all this his plans,don't you think he is eyeing 2015?
Not at all...! He is not eyeing 2015. He knows very well that somebody has to complete his second term in 2015. He can in 2019. Vote Rochas For PRESIDENT 2019.
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by Okijajuju1(m): 7:24pm On Jul 19, 2012
Mr Everest: Ehe okwa asha ejidela ya gi, give kudos 2 whom its due and stop hiding behind aliases 2 give credence 2 ur posts. Rochas is working period!

Nwokem, gwa anyi n'cha Ife Rochas eme go na IMO state ke ngbe obata..

He is working, kedi nke olucha go?
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by samkoro: 9:55pm On Jul 19, 2012
nwanna89: Rochas works on the mentality of the people. He has been in huge debt to Zenith bank, prior to his election as governor. So when he won, he worked out a deal with the bank, so all the state accounts are moved to zenith bank, and they release a limited amount at a time. Next, he cancelled the due process required to get contracts for projects. He then told anyone that has money to start of a project, to go ahead and begin work. Then, after 50% completion, the govt will pay you. So, people rushed at this opportunity and it seemed to the public that Rochas was "working". People praised him.
He then refused to pay the contractors. He paid a few only (probably those close to him). Thats why, if you to go to owerri now, a lot of projects have been abandoned half-way. The speed at which projects were formally executed has fallen to almost zero. He froze all ministries accounts and transferred them to zenith, same with the Local Government account. Thats why he suspended all LGA chairmen.
Public sees him as a good man, but meet the civil servants in the ministries, and the top govt officials, your eyes will open to the grand deception called "Rochas". Goodluck with his presidential dreams sha.

I have heard that from a source.The bottom line is that he pays the contractors.The method he is using has restrained contractors from running away with mobilisation fees. The pattern is ''Do THE JOB WITH YOUR MONEY AND WITH BANK GUARANTEE,YOU GET PAID ON COMPLETION'"
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by emiye(m): 10:42pm On Jul 19, 2012
Those who wants to be president in Nigeria must learn to keep their ambition veiled neatly till the right time, he has failed to do that.

I still have great reservations for the performance of Gov. Rochas. , I have a feeling a sizable chunk of his projects are low on sustainability(pre & Post project completion). I believe time will tell (the next 12-18 months) , my feeling might be wrong though.
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by ifeci: 10:48pm On Jul 19, 2012
I like this Rochas guy sha, one of the best governors...
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by bugmenot: 1:51am On Jul 20, 2012
spyder880: This is Spyder, reporting from Okigwe road, Owerri. The traffic jam here is something else. I support Rochas sha but he should do more to create alternative routes so that people dont waste 30 mins of their lives daily on traffic jams.

Rochas for president!

I reject this IJN. There's something very fishy about that guy.
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by Okeycima: 2:32am On Jul 20, 2012
asha 80: you also forgot signing away the states treasury for past governors and political office holders as retirement(looting ) benefits.
is he d 1st governor to do it if i may ask is dat law not applicable in sum states b4 Amaechi did his own.4 ur information is been in play since d tenure of CHIEF ACHIKE UDENWA's tenure in imo state
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by tonymariao(m): 5:26am On Jul 20, 2012
nwanna89: Rochas works on the mentality of the people. He has been in huge debt to Zenith bank, prior to his election as governor. So when he won, he worked out a deal with the bank, so all the state accounts are moved to zenith bank, and they release a limited amount at a time. Next, he cancelled the due process required to get contracts for projects. He then told anyone that has money to start of a project, to go ahead and begin work. Then, after 50% completion, the govt will pay you. So, people rushed at this opportunity and it seemed to the public that Rochas was "working". People praised him.
He then refused to pay the contractors. He paid a few only (probably those close to him). Thats why, if you to go to owerri now, a lot of projects have been abandoned half-way. The speed at which projects were formally executed has fallen to almost zero. He froze all ministries accounts and transferred them to zenith, same with the Local Government account. Thats why he suspended all LGA chairmen.
Public sees him as a good man, but meet the civil servants in the ministries, and the top govt officials, your eyes will open to the grand deception called "Rochas". Goodluck with his presidential dreams sha.
Correct man dont mind dis his praise singers who dont've any clue of what dat rougue is doing...
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by asha80(m): 7:45am On Jul 20, 2012
Okeycima: is he d 1st governor to do it if i may ask is dat law not applicable in sum states b4 Amaechi did his own.4 ur information is been in play since d tenure of CHIEF ACHIKE UDENWA's tenure in imo state
so that makes it right?so if other people are stealing he should steal too?
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 20, 2012
samkoro:

I have heard that from a source.The bottom line is that he pays the contractors.The method he is using has restrained contractors from running away with mobilisation fees. The pattern is ''Do THE JOB WITH YOUR MONEY AND WITH BANK GUARANTEE,YOU GET PAID ON COMPLETION'"

Yea. If that's the case, its a good idea. However, if you live in Owerri and you drive around especially those roads built at the end of MCC road, in Uruatta estate and Aladimma. All work has stopped. Its because he refused to pay the contractors as agreed. I actually got the info from a director in one of the state ministries, who is a mom's friend
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by Okijajuju1(m): 9:47am On Jul 20, 2012
asha 80: so that makes it right?so if other people are stealing he should steal too?

I dont see the big deal in retirement benefits for retired governors as most of them barely do anything else after retirement.. All I would have loved would have been a case where we could decide not to pay certain fuckers like Rtd Gov Rochas..

lol

@ ALL ROCHAS SUPPORTERS

WHy is it so hard to point out some of the laudable projects of our good Governor Rochas?! Or are these projects in your mind?! Remember that he has been 1 year and 4 Months now in Office o!!
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by asha80(m): 10:10am On Jul 20, 2012
nwanna89:

Yea. If that's the case, its a good idea. However, if you live in Owerri and you drive around especially those roads built at the end of MCC road, in Uruatta estate and Aladimma. All work has stopped. Its because he refused to pay the contractors as agreed. I actually got the info from a director in one of the state ministries, who is a mom's friend
Okija_juju:

I dont see the big deal in retirement benefits for retired governors as most of them barely do anything else after retirement.. All I would have loved would have been a case where we could decide not to pay certain fuckers like Rtd Gov Rochas..

lol

@ ALL ROCHAS SUPPORTERS

WHy is it so hard to point out some of the laudable projects of our good Governor Rochas?! Or are these projects in your mind?! Remember that he has been 1 year and 4 Months now in Office o!!
really?so before they became governors they were not engaged in a business or they were not working anywhere?so immediately they stop being governors their brains stop working on what to do next?to the extent that the retirement(looting) package includes (stupidly) houses in abuja and lagos plus female attendants in those houses for former govs of rivers state?so they are normal 'gifts to you?well i am not suprised.
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by Okijajuju1(m): 10:17am On Jul 20, 2012
asha 80: really?so before they became governors they were not engaged in a business or they were not working anywhere?so immediately they stop being governors their brains stop working on what to do next?to the extent that the retirement(looting) package includes (stupidly) houses in abuja and lagos plus female attendants in those houses for former govs of rivers state?so they are normal 'gifts to you?well i am not suprised.

I really dont care.. Ada George & Melford Okilo and Alfread Diete Spiff deserve such..

And yes, a retirement package is not a big deal..
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by Afam4eva(m): 10:19am On Jul 20, 2012
Okija_juju:

I really dont care.. Ada George & Melford Okilo and Alfread Diete Spiff deserve such..

We have to understand that being a position such as the governor of a state is a service to your fatherland. So, i don't see why those jumbo packages should accrue to them especially when such funds could be used for more beneficial projects.
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by asha80(m): 10:27am On Jul 20, 2012
Okija_juju:

errr.. Why would you care when you not a rivers man?it is just like me here in lagos i should care about tinubu pocketing a lot of lagosian taxes?tell that to a rivers indigine removed from waterfront
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by T9ksy(m): 10:37am On Jul 20, 2012
But wtf's are gonna vote him in to Aso rock?

Northerners? Yorubas?

Nice dream, tho'.
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by PointB: 11:00am On Jul 20, 2012
"Nothing can stop an idea whose time has come."

When the time comes, the Igbo nation will mobilise the whole Nigeria to back him. Until then, let his good work continue to speak for him.
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by Okijajuju1(m): 11:06am On Jul 20, 2012
asha 80: errr.. Why would you care when you not a rivers man?it is just like me here in lagos i should care about tinubu pocketing a lot of lagosian taxes?tell that to a rivers indigine removed from waterfront

Wrong!!

I am part Rivers so I care.. I live and work there so I care..

Yup!! And those waterfront Niggas have got to go.. I already have plans for my waterfront crib!! grin
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by T9ksy(m): 11:33am On Jul 20, 2012
PointB: "Nothing can stop an idea whose time has come."

When the time comes, the Igbo nation will mobilise the whole Nigeria to back him. Until then, let his good work continue to speak for him.

I sure would love to see how the igbos are going to "mobilise" the northerners to vote for an igbo man

or the yorubas (their wrogly-perceived nemesis), to vote for them.

The most okorocha will be is, President of the republic of Biafra.

Or inconsequential VP of Nigeria grin grin
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by Okijajuju1(m): 11:37am On Jul 20, 2012
T9ksy:

I sure would love to see how the igbos are going to "mobilise" the northerners to vote for an igbo man

The rest of the Igbo Nations outside of Imo State know he is a fraud!!

We are not decieved by his shinanigans..

Let anyone who dares, mention what he has done for Imo State in the last 1 year and 4 months in terms of Sustainable Development apart from Free this, Free that so we all can see and judge...

The man is a joker... Dont judge by what some puppies on Nairaland that are not even old enough to vote on Big Brother are saying!! The man has done nothing for Imo State..
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by PointB: 11:46am On Jul 20, 2012
T9ksy:

That's the whole point.
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 20, 2012
Too much motion.....no movement....like my signature rightly captured...all hair...no substance whatsoever.
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by T9ksy(m): 11:55am On Jul 20, 2012
PointB:

That's the whole point.

Oh i see..........."the time has come.....".

In that case, G/luck. You all sure gonna need it.

Okija_juju:

Let anyone who dares, mention what he has done for Imo State in the last 1 year and 4 months in terms of Sustainable Development apart from Free this, Free that so we all can see and judge...

The man is a joker... Dont judge by what some puppies on Nairaland that are not even old enough to vote on Big Brother are saying!! The man has done nothing for Imo State..

I never took them serious.......just toying with them.
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by PointB: 11:57am On Jul 20, 2012
Okija_juju:

The most difficult challenge for most people is delivering at the home front. So if the people of Imo State are indeed convince of his ability, why would those not anywhere near Imo State dispute. Anyway, for someone like you who believes people from certain state(s) in Igboland are better than those from other states, it's not hard to imagine the rationale behind your campaign against Rochas.

Anyway,

Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by Okijajuju1(m): 12:04pm On Jul 20, 2012
PointB:

The most difficult challenge for most people is delivering at the home front. So if the people of Imo State are indeed convince of his ability, why would those not anywhere near Imo State dispute. Anyway, for someone like you who believes people from certain state(s) in Igboland are better than those from other states, it's not hard to imagine the rationale behind your campaign against Rochas.

Anyway,

Dont twist my words around!!

I was diicking about on the thread where I insinuated that.. However, regardless of my bais towards Rochas, can you tell me what he has doe to deserve being made President above other proven governors like the Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Enugu and Anambra guys?!

Nwokem, stop selling us hypes, we want to see physocal eveidence.. The days of free things politic has passed.. We want to see roads with drainages and not 100 Naira salary for children...

Speak if you have points to make in support of Rochas..

Insha allah, we shall continue with teh election reforms and with each passing year come closer to a a free a d fairer election.. ROCHAS will be lucky to see the Aso Rock gate let alone become President.. Even some highly regarded Ndi Igbos on Nairaland have started to see the light that Okija Juju had seen a long time ago about Rochas..
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by PointB: 12:10pm On Jul 20, 2012
Okija_juju:

I was diicking about on the thread where I insinuated that.. However, regardless of my bais towards Rochas, can you tell me what he has doe to deserve being made President above other proven governors like the Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Enugu and Anambra guys?!

Nwokem, stop selling us hypes, we want to see physocal eveidence.. The days of free things politic has passed.. We want to see roads with drainages and not 100 Naira salary for children...

Insha allah, we shall continue with teh election reforms and with each passing year come closer to a a free a d fairer election.. ROCHAS will be lucky to see the Aso Rock gate let alone become President.. Even some highly regarded Ndi Igbos on Nairaland have started to see the light that Okija Juju had seen a long time ago about Rochas..

It is not my duty to enumerate what Rochas has done or not done. If you are not on ground, or have an ear to the ground, google is your friend.

And whether you are dunking around or fvcking around when you made that untoward and reckless statement, I care less. What is done is done. Live with your happiness and regrets. This is cyber, you owe no one no explanation!
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by asha80(m): 12:18pm On Jul 20, 2012
Okija_juju:

first why do you like comparing okorocha with people who served nothing less than five years in office?though i am one those who defend him do not bring peter obi into this argurement ie if you are aware of anambrarians in different fora including nairaland say about him.if you are so desperate to find out how rochas is 'failing' you go around the state and look for yourself.if it was about displaying 'achievements' on the internet ohakim would have continued to be governor since he was a good internet governor.by the way who are respected or 'eminent' igbo nairalanders you are talking about?
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by Skoopy(m): 1:17pm On Jul 20, 2012
Why not concentrate on been a governor first and stop raising dust.
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by fabj1(m): 2:16pm On Jul 20, 2012
O onye neme ne kwu. God justifiez d ways of d just,b deligent in ur works nd Nigeria wuld b even 2 smal 4 u 2 govern. Grace un2 u sir. Concentrate on dis little u've got. Luk 16vs10
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by tonymariao(m): 6:15am On Jul 21, 2012
Okija_juju:

Gud talk my broda dont mind ndi fusaa na ekwugheri ekwugheri na amaghi ihe onye oshi ahu na eme...Mscheeew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Insists On Use Of Ebonyi Stadium For Its Rally Despite Government’s Objectio / Reps Mull Removal Of Immunity For Presidents, VPs, Governors, Deputy Governors / Tinubu Was Never Denied US Visa – Orji Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.