Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh (10423 Views)

Army Reacts To Hunger Strike By Reinstated Soldiers / Why FG Suspended Comptroller General Of Immigration – Femi Adesina / Court Papers Reveal That The NIC Never Reinstated Sacked Rivers Chairmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by Mandelaguy(m): 8:26am On Jul 20, 2012
This is why I caution people atimes. This same Oteh was crucified by Nigerians, including NLers,now that the truth has surfaced,they are now praising her. Those that stood up for her were either labelled anti people or paid or PDP..,...we should learn to get our facts right before posting(that has always been my stance). Some of us would have been sued and heavy damages paid for libel but thank your stars that you cannot be easily picked up. This is the same way they are shouting Diezani Diezani ,tomorrow ,they will change stance.....get your facts right.

1 Like

Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by Reference(m): 9:05am On Jul 20, 2012
daywatcher: okay okay, she is not corrupt..but why was she chopping 'classical snails' with public funds

Ask me. Racking up stratospheric bills in luxury hotels in clear breach of regulations. Why won't her staff want the same. Please spare me the prudence stuff. She admitted herself to be in breach but like most things in this part of the world mechanics must of necessity be clad in filthy garbs so we accept. Let her get back to work and turn the Capital market around. That's all we ask.
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by adef1(m): 10:28am On Jul 20, 2012
People, you are missing the main point/issue here!

Forget what the law makers and SEC employees think about Oteh for a second and think about how the markets are reacting to the news. It was mentioned in the dailies today that the markets have lost all their gains from the last week based on this news. Lack of confidence in the management of the SEC is being translated to real losses for the economy. This is the bigger issue! Whether or not Oteh is guilty is irrelevant at this point; fact is, markets are reacting downwards and as such she should not accept the position to ensure stability if she really is passionate about its growth. My 2 cents.
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 20, 2012
BetaThings: Sorry for derailing though

Sorry 4 ur a$$-self, Probably she has blocked your money sucking proboscis, you are here crucifying her. mitschheeeew
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by mustspin: 12:57pm On Jul 20, 2012
my questions are
1. is she the best person for the job? i dont think so
2. did she show incompetence on the job? i think so
3. has some of her actions further eroded investor confidence? ofcourse

she took no concrete action on the following
- the allegation on Otedola's take-over of AP oil shares without paying a single kobo
- the conspiracy by AP oils and Akintola Williams Deloitte to manipulate AP oil's books and turn loss into profit
- the nationalization of the 3 banks by CBN before the deadline given to them leading to total loss of the investment of the bank shareholders

was it ethical to have staffs of a conpany which u regulate working for you on secondment at a time when the said company had a major transaction going on?

conclusion: is she the Messiah needed to help return confidence to the Capital market. the answer is a very big NO
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by Fairgodwin(m): 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2012
wesley80: Very good point but in trying to be an advocate of social justice and equity it's important that you know all the facts lest you sound terribly ignorant.
The truth/fact is always somewhere, you just have to put in an effort to locate it. So you were saying?
He was saying......, brother you good!
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by wesley80(m): 5:42pm On Jul 20, 2012
^10Q
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by BetaThings: 9:45am On Jul 21, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Sorry 4 ur a$$-self, Probably she has blocked your money sucking proboscis, you are here crucifying her. mitschheeeew
If I did not say sorry, you would not have said that, would you?
I am sorry for saying sorry in an environment where it is alien to do so

Can you please factually contradict just 1 of the facts I provided

Has the PP done by IGI been investigated? Has the the money not been diverted to other activities?
Was AP sanctioned for doctoring their accounts?
Were Otedola & friends sanctioned for acquiring shares worth N24.5b on credit?

Tell me what money-making opportunities she has stopped beyond grounding registration process and other activities that would give life to the market
I don't own the market. But go and check the market reaction to this news
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by BetaThings: 9:52am On Jul 21, 2012
wesley80: No need to apologise I wish you'd supplied a link or quoted your source above. In any case, what you can't deny is that there's a case in court and if you'd read my initial response on this Salami issue you wld have noticed the Attorney general expressed his disapproval of Judges for entertaining all manner of cases, he used the words "when our judiciary gets its acts together" showing he's just as baffled at events. What cannot be denied however is that GEJ's hands are tied it doesn't matter if Okoli denied the case, the matter is still in court it therefore would be very unfair to blame GEJ for not acting over a matter that's in court. If you can prove GEJ if you can prove GEJ has something to do with the case being in court then I can understand what you're trying to say.

BetaThings:
Plaintiff Denies Case Against Salami’s Reinstatement in Court
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/plaintiff-denies-case-against-salami-s-reinstatement-in-court/118339/

Are you implying somebody would just wake up and file a case in the name of Wesley80 without authorisation by Wesley80 without any purpose
Of course it is tie somebody's hands. But who benefits from the hand tying? Certainly not Wesley80
So who?

A case was in court when he was suspended. It did not tied GEJ's hand. We should remember that!
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by wesley80(m): 10:34am On Jul 21, 2012
^^ So do you really believe there was a shortage of willing people to institute such a case against Salami hence an unwilling fellow was roped in without his consent? Anybody can deny anything where there's no proof to show otherwise.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uche Secondus Refutes Suspension Claims / BREAKING: Sultan Of Sokoto Escapes Through Window As Bandits Invade State Mosque / Ibadan's new look (roads and infrastructures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.