Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh (10422 Views)

Army Reacts To Hunger Strike By Reinstated Soldiers / Why FG Suspended Comptroller General Of Immigration – Femi Adesina / Court Papers Reveal That The NIC Never Reinstated Sacked Rivers Chairmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 19, 2012
wesley80: Permit me to reproduce here the - somewhat -inside account given by a fellow Nairalander:

WoW, the civil service is very corrupt. This woman now has my respect. I will never yab her again. I hope she remains true all through her service to the nation.
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by TrueNaijaguy: 6:02pm On Jul 19, 2012
I suspected those commissioners when they were busy denying her at the public hearing. Also When the workers followed suit by protesting after she was re-instated I knew there must be something they were hiding.

This really shows that we should always look inward whenever allegations are made against some government officials rather than nailing them even befor investigations. All those workers that were talking of high handedness should buckle up and perform their duties optimally cos Madam Oteh is back to stay.

1 Like

Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by asha80(m): 6:03pm On Jul 19, 2012
saxywale:

WoW, the civil service is very corrupt. This woman now has my respect. I will never yab her again. I hope she remains true all through her service to the nation.
so you did not know that the civil service is probably the most corrupt arm of government?i even believe they are more corrupt than politicians since they are ones that show politicians the 'ways and avenues' for chopping money.
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by dustydee: 6:06pm On Jul 19, 2012
What are the administrative lapses? Where is the audit report? And when did PWC become EFCC or the police to know that no criminal offense was committed?
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by tessyade: 6:13pm On Jul 19, 2012
DammyFx: ON WHAT BASIS WAS THIS DECISION MADE
If you cannot read and comprehend then why comment?
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by wesley80(m): 6:14pm On Jul 19, 2012
dustydee: What are the administrative lapses? Where is the audit report? And when did PWC become EFCC or the police to know that no criminal offense was committed?
Dude, there's a branch of accounting called "Assurance Reporting" and its exactly what you need in this kind of situation. If anyone can tell you a financial crime was committed it has to be auditors, even the EFCC hires "Forensic Auditors" to investigate cases.

3 Likes

Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by PHIPEX(m): 6:16pm On Jul 19, 2012
Things are truely changing, a big shame to her colleagues that wanted her out.
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by bumps(m): 6:19pm On Jul 19, 2012
Hembe shld be nailed instead of arunma.its so glaring that the lawmakers re trying to protect their colleague thereby crucifying oteh.
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by Diligence: 6:25pm On Jul 19, 2012
1. Administrative lapses cannot be completely eradicated unless she must seriously micro-manage...there are guz who shld hv done all that b4 docs get to her table...

2. She is not found wanting; that's examplary leadership, which is rare nowadays!

3. I commend FG's decision to bring her back; this shld be encouraged across all strata of governance (both private and public sectors)

4. She shld get all entitlements, which were denied her those days of embargo

5. Most importantly, she shld be given adequate security and protection.
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by lacasa: 6:26pm On Jul 19, 2012
Ween the FG itself is a nest of corrupt dons, Ɣ wouldn't Oteh or whatever her name is be re-instated

May God punish all of them
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by emsquare(m): 6:30pm On Jul 19, 2012
omamokta: Because she is beautiful and a free woman.

Hmmm!!!
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by BetaThings: 6:51pm On Jul 19, 2012
So we are lapping up all these falsehood
SEC has a procedure for registering market operators and their staff. It involves inviting the operator and staff for a test at SEC office.
If this is not done, a firm cannot operate in the capital market
If you set up a new stockbroking firm, without SEC registration you cannot trade
For 2 years Oteh did not conduct a single test for operators
Let anyone, insider or outsider, contradict this

For 2 years, Oteh did not hold a single managememt meeting
Let anyone contradict this

The former Fin Director of AP reported that Otedola and his friend acquired shares in AP worth N24.5b (enough to get a banking licence) without paying
He said AP made a loss, but it reported a profit
What did Oteh do?

Let anyone contradict any of these

As regards where the DG of SEC is from did he tell us that the longest-serving SEC DG ever came from the SOuth
And that Ndanusa was not allowed to do a second term because he did not allow Okereke-Oyiuke to intimidate him
and he is not Hausa - he is from Niger State. We should remember that even Jos people speak Hausa
And after getting Obj to remove Ndanusa, Okereke Oyiuke got a pliant from the same state to replace him so that the coup will sail through
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 19, 2012
i already knew the woman is clean
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by DExplorer1: 7:12pm On Jul 19, 2012
Kudos to the federal government. I watched R.A commenting via TV on how no fault was found in her. Shame on those trying to kick her out. For someone of integrity to strive among barawos, a good level of arrogance must be exhibited.

You Need To Read These! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

21 Reasons He Hasn't Proposed to You Yet

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

16 Raw but Bitter Truths Ladies Must Know
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by jmaine: 7:15pm On Jul 19, 2012
asha 80: so you did not know that the civil service is probably the most corrupt arm of government?i even believe they are more corrupt than politicians since they are ones that show politicians the 'ways and avenues' for chopping money.

True yarns bruv, especially those Perm Sec's.
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by daywatcher: 7:19pm On Jul 19, 2012
okay okay, she is not corrupt..but why was she chopping 'classical snails' with public funds
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by Delafruita(m): 7:21pm On Jul 19, 2012
BetaThings: So we are lapping up all these falsehood
SEC has a procedure for registering market operators and their staff. It involves inviting the operator and staff for a test at SEC office.
If this is not done, a firm cannot operate in the capital market
If you set up a new stockbroking firm, without SEC registration you cannot trade
For 2 years Oteh did not conduct a single test for operators
Let anyone, insider or outsider, contradict this

For 2 years, Oteh did not hold a single managememt meeting
Let anyone contradict this

The former Fin Director of AP reported that Otedola and his friend acquired shares in AP worth N24.5b (enough to get a banking licence) without paying
He said AP made a loss, but it reported a profit
What did Oteh do?

Let anyone contradict any of these

As regards where the DG of SEC is from did he tell us that the longest-serving SEC DG ever came from the SOuth
And that Ndanusa was not allowed to do a second term because he did not allow Okereke-Oyiuke to intimidate him
and he is not Hausa - he is from Niger State. We should remember that even Jos people speak Hausa
And after getting Obj to remove Ndanusa, Okereke Oyiuke got a pliant from the same state to replace him so that the coup will sail through
my friend,dont comment if you have only falsehood to peddle.ndanusa was okereke's stooge.most of the sharp practices that brought down the capital market happened because of ndanusa's lack of will to go against his benefactors.aruma was brought to sanitise the sector and if i may say,she has done well though it will still take a while to gain investor confidence.she stopped the demutualisation planned by okereke,ensured compliance with rules of the commission.
how is it possible not to hold a management meeting for 2 years?are you alright at all?even the other commisioners made reference to meetings and memos were presented verifying that meetings did take place.
the sector is on life support because of sharp practices of stockbroking firms and you're complaining that more havent been added to the already long list.why not just wait till the capital market stabilizes

2 Likes

Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by Abyjah: 7:23pm On Jul 19, 2012
ebamma: we dont care why jonathan reinstated oteh,we want to know why farouk lawan is not in kirikiri prisons.
When the poor steal, they're sent to Kirikiri but the rich and powerful go scot-free. Why it's so is because the poor don't steal money big enough to bribe their prosecutors. Validate this claim
with That desperado, Farouk.
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by tomzman: 7:52pm On Jul 19, 2012
Good move.I loved her courage when I watched that interview at the house on TV.My congrats goes to her.
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by Chinom(m): 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2012
I would like to take Ms Oteh out on a date. Next time i hit Lag, ama reach for some proximity. She's a ripe woman.
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by BetaThings: 9:10pm On Jul 19, 2012
Delafruita:
my friend,dont comment if you have only falsehood to peddle.ndanusa was okereke's stooge.most of the sharp practices that brought down the capital market happened because of ndanusa's lack of will to go against his benefactors.

Falsehood?
Problem with us is that we discount truth when it does not fit with our preconceptions
You don't even know the history
Ndanusa was succeeded by Al Faki and not Oteh
Ndanusa did not allow Okereke Onyiuke to dictate to him. Under Ndanusa, the SEC was respected but the staff were not so happy
The reason she engineered his removal by Obj and put in an Al Faki that would listen to her. Staff were happy under AL Faki but SEC was not respected
I dare you to contradict anything I have posted

Delafruita:
aruma was brought to sanitise the sector and if i may say,she has done well though it will still take a while to gain investor confidence.she stopped the demutualisation planned by okereke,ensured compliance with rules of the commission.

So when will investors in IGI Private placement get their share certificates and the security listed?
What did Aruma do about Otedola
See here
http://www.proshareng.com/articles/2115/African-Petroleum-Plc--The-Aviomoh-Papers

Delafruita:
She stopped the demutualisation planned by okereke,ensured compliance with rules of the commission.

Did she? So how come SEC under her watch co-sponsored the Mutualisation workshop organised by CIS
And what are the rules of the commission? Who complied?
It is better for us in the national interest to argue based on facts, rather than just blandishments

Delafruita:
how is it possible not to hold a management meeting for 2 years?are you alright at all?even the other commisioners made reference to meetings and memos were presented verifying that meetings did take place.
the sector is on life support because of sharp practices of stockbroking firms and you're complaining that more havent been added to the already long list.why not just wait till the capital market stabilizes

So if somebody did not hold meetings for 2 years, am I the one that is not alright or the person that did not hold the meeting
Go and check. SEC is in Nigeria. Arunma DID NOT HOLD management meetings

Sharp practice by stock brokers is a mantra. So what has she done about it?
BTW do you know that the government did not spend money to bail out any stocking firm unlike the banks
She has not registered 1 new operator for 2 years. Is that progress?
If you wanted to set up a stockbroking firm, investment management firm or whatever and you have been put on hold for 2 years, would you be so excited at her performance

Please bring evidence to contradict just 1 of the facts that I have put forward
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by wellmax(m): 10:05pm On Jul 19, 2012
Hmm, so registering new operators has now become the measure of performance? The operators on ground, what have they achieved? Please tell-

1 Like

Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 19, 2012
4. Before she came to SEC, there used to be overtime. If u wrk anytime after 4'0 clock u'll be paid I think above a 1000naira, maybe 1500 or 2k. So staff will close by 4pm and sign 6pm or 7pm at d register. Corpers and IT were living large then. In addition to 25k salary, wen u add overtime it was almost amounting to 50k or more. Wen madam came in, she reduced overtime to 195naira daily. Suffice it to say dt everyone stopped working overtime!

I love this.
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by davechika(m): 11:49pm On Jul 19, 2012
J12:

Don't be deceived by her pretty face and subtle physique. . . That woman harsh o!
yes i can agree with you but that does not mean she embezled money or corrupt,everyone has its weak spot cos no one is perfect but we tend to control such excesses
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by Ganys: 12:16am On Jul 20, 2012
blacksta: Nobody has a problem with people been reinstated after an investigation has given then clean of health but when it is selective it becomes an issue. When is Salami going to be reinstated.
After 2015 when PDP Lose
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by BetaThings: 5:58am On Jul 20, 2012
wesley80: Very good point but in trying to be an advocate of social justice and equity it's important that you know all the facts lest you sound terribly ignorant.
The truth/fact is always somewhere, you just have to put in an effort to locate it. So you were saying?
THe truth is that the case against Salami is mischievous falsehood

Jonathan always accuse people of playing Politics. What is he doing here

Plaintiff Denies Case Against Salami’s Reinstatement in Court
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/plaintiff-denies-case-against-salami-s-reinstatement-in-court/118339/

Supposed plaintiff in a suit filed before a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, seeking to restrain President Goodluck Jonathan from reinstating the suspended President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Isa Ayo Salami, has denied knowledge of the case.

Wilfred Okoli, a legal practitioner yesterday told the court that he has no knowledge of the suit filed in his name.
When the matter came-up in court and parties in the matter were to enter appearances, Okoli swiftly got up and said he was not aware of this suit filed in his name.

My lord, I am not aware of this suit, my consent was never sought before it was brought to before you. I have no knowledge of it,” he said.

An Abuja base lawyer, Amobi Nzelu had filed the suit on behalf of Okoli asking the court to stop jonathan from acting on the recommendation sent to him by the National Judicial Council (NJC).
Justice Abdul Kafarati however asked Amobi and Okoli to go and put their houses in order before 22nd September, the next adjourned date
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by BetaThings: 5:59am On Jul 20, 2012
Sorry for derailing though
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by BetaThings: 6:32am On Jul 20, 2012
Delafruita:
.aruma was brought to sanitise the sector and if i may say,she has done well
You have not told us how you sanitise a market and allow a company that made a loss to show profit
or for people who took money from investors to keep it without issuing shares or listing the securities as promised
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by wesley80(m): 7:03am On Jul 20, 2012
BetaThings: Sorry for derailing though
No need to apologise I wish you'd supplied a link or quoted your source above. In any case, what you can't deny is that there's a case in court and if you'd read my initial response on this Salami issue you wld have noticed the Attorney general expressed his disapproval of Judges for entertaining all manner of cases, he used the words "when our judiciary gets its acts together" showing he's just as baffled at events. What cannot be denied however is that GEJ's hands are tied it doesn't matter if Okoli denied the case, the matter is still in court it therefore would be very unfair to blame GEJ for not acting over a matter that's in court. If you can prove GEJ if you can prove GEJ has something to do with the case being in court then I can understand what you're trying to say.
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by Aifey(m): 7:26am On Jul 20, 2012
I watched hw she messed up hambe live on TV n refuse to give them bribe.
She is competant 4d job.
Kudos...
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 20, 2012
dustydee: What are the administrative lapses? Where is the audit report? And when did PWC become EFCC or the police to know that no criminal offense was committed?
^Are you a SEC employee?...just asking.
Re: Why FG Reinstated Arunma Oteh by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 20, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

She is Not free, she left her Husband for being corrupt cool
^wow...she wouldn't even let her husband taint her with corruption.This woman will definitely get my vote any time she ask for it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Three Policemen Feared Killed In Lagos / PHOTOS: Biafra Leaders Meet British Prime Minister David Cameron / UNIMAID, NNPC Staff And CJTF Ambushed By Boko Haram In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.