Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties (5063 Views)

2 Opposition Parties Deny Allegiance To Buhari / Okupe Calls Opposition Parties Noisemakers / INEC's Conditions For Opposition Parties’ Merger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by superior1: 7:13am On Jul 20, 2012
Three leading opposition parties on Thursday faulted President Goodluck Jonathan’s claim that democracy would have collapsed in the country without the ruling People’s Democratic Party.

The All Nigeria Peoples Party, the Action Congress of Nigeria and the Congress for Progressive Change said contrary to Jonathan’s claim, the PDP was the problem of democracy in the country.

The President, had at the PDP 60th National Executive Council meeting in Abuja on Tuesday said, “People, who want to drown us know that without the PDP, probably, the Republic would have collapsed.”

Responding to the claim, the ANPP said the President was not saying the truth.

Rather, it said the PDP had destroyed democracy in the country.

Speaking in a telephone interview with one of our correspondents, the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Chief Emma Eneukwu, said it was Nigerians who had been keeping vigil not to enable the PDP to destroy the nation’s democracy.

He said the PDP-led Federal Government had hijacked the Independent National Electoral Commission and therefore could boast that without the ruling party, democracy would become a thing of the past in the country.

He said, “The President was saying the opposite. He was not sincere with his comments.

“He knows that his political party is the problem of Nigeria and also aware that Nigerians now reject it and its candidates during elections.”

The ACN National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, in a statement, said the PDP was suffering from “delusion of grandeur.”

He said the PDP was the main problem hindering the growth of democracy in Nigeria because of its anti-democratic “antics, election manipulation tendencies and lack of respect for the rule of law.”

Mohammed said, “Mr. President, the reason Nigeria’s democracy has survived thus far is not the robustness of the PDP, as you have said, but the determination and courage of the good people of Nigeria, who have resolved to say ‘never again’ to anti-democratic forces, as well as the robust opposition mounted by a few progressive forces.

“Were it left for the PDP, this democracy as we know it, would have become history.”

The National Chairman, of the ACN, Chief Bisi Akande, described Jonathan’s claim as a fraudulent joke.

Akande said it was evident that the opposition in the country had better knowledge of the governance than the PDP.

Speaking through his media aide, Mr. Lani Baderinwa, Akande said large scale insecurity, poverty, corruption and inefficient administration had become the hallmark of the PDP governance.

Also, the National Publicity Secretary of the Congress for Progressive Change, Mr. Rotimi Fashakin, in a telephone interview with one of our correspondents, said the PDP was cause of tension in the country.

He stated, “The PDP’s devious politics is the cause of the stress and threat to the nation’s democracy.

“Can you imagine that a party that ruled Edo State for 10 years without tarring one kilometre of road was expecting to use the usual ‘brutal’ force to hijack victory from a governor that had done more in four years than all its years of governance of the state?”

The Convener of Coalition of Northern Politicians, Academics, Professionals and Businessmen, Dr. Junaid Mohammed, also faulted the President.

Mohammed, who is also the National Chairman of Peoples Salvation Party said, “We have people who know next to nothing about governance in power.

“If you fail to recognise the contribution of these groups, then you are not practising democracy.

“Anybody or any party who tries to even pretend that it can go it alone in governing a country of this complexity will lead us to very serious national crisis.”

Source:www.punchng.com/news/pdp-is-nigerias-problem-opposition-parties-tell-jonathan/
Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by superior1: 8:59am On Jul 20, 2012
Nigeria's Problem

Jona say na Opposition, Opposition say na Jona. IMO, It is Nigerians that is troubling Nigeria undecided
Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by Businesstools(m): 9:34am On Jul 20, 2012
One of the major causes of business failure is inadequate planning.Call Businesstools today for an effective business plan to help you define your mission and avoid business failure:07030949450.
Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 20, 2012
Businesstools: One of the major causes of business failure is inadequate planning.Call Businesstools today for an effective business plan to help you define your mission and avoid business failure:07030949450.
Are you okay ? What guarantees do I have that you wont sell out my Business Plan. paste a link of your draft non-disclosure agreement make we see
Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by Demdem(m): 9:36am On Jul 20, 2012
All parties have serious issues but that of the killer party (PDP) is much more worse. They are much more a liability than anything else

1 Like

Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by tonyx4x44(m): 9:37am On Jul 20, 2012
Opposition parties are Nigeria's problem - PDP
Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by espn(m): 9:39am On Jul 20, 2012
Dis country v so many problem..PDP been the major problem..d party was formed based on cacus...d who is who of dis country..nw ders d issue of power play in d party..issue of superiority..if dats not resolved nd Nigerians refuses to kick dem out of power by voting for d right person in the next general election..and by protecting der voting..making sure dat each vote counts nd no one is disenfranchised..if Nigerians don't want to wake up from our slumber,den I pity dis country and smh for d future generation..
Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by superior1: 9:40am On Jul 20, 2012
Billyonaire: Are you okay ? If what guarantees do I have that you wont sell out my Business Plan. paste a link of your draft non-disclosure agreement make we see

I no believe me and you go ever gree on NL, that Businessfool is a mumu
Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by pomporiking: 9:40am On Jul 20, 2012
Na badluck be d problem...
Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by Greatfuture: 9:41am On Jul 20, 2012
The people in PDP are not aliens they are nigerians so also those in other parties.therefore the problem of Nigeria are nigerians.lets stop pointing accusing fingers and look inwards for a solution to an improved and better Nigeria
Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 20, 2012
Meanwhile, PDP remains the only truely Democratic Part in Nigeria. The facts are there to see. ACN is run by Tinubu and Tinubu alone, he anoints candidates for office, The board of trustees in ACN has no voice, the only loud voice is Tinubu. CPC is also regional party set up by Buhari for the sole aim of contesting for Presidency, its that same reason that he solely annoints himself and contest for Presidency every 4 years and may continue to do so until he is disgraced to retire like his colleague IBB. APGA is also regional, they clearly call themselves Igbo party, an attempt by a Northerner to convene a meeting of trustees met a parallel meeting in Ojukwu's compound with Gov Obi and Ojukwu's wife running things. What party again oh....hen en...ANPP, this was a major opposition in the early days of democracy, it was sort of national until greed tear them apart seeing most of the members swimming into PDP and some in limbo. So, PDP remains the only national democratic party with nominations openly done at Eagles Square. PDP leads, others follow. If PDP fails, Nigeria will actually shake. I cant trust Nigeria in the hands of Tinubu's regional party or Buhari's regional Party. They both are entrenched in regional jingoism.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by dasparrow: 9:45am On Jul 20, 2012
Greatfuture: The people in PDP are not aliens they are nigerians so also those in other parties.therefore the problem of Nigeria are nigerians.lets stop pointing accusing fingers and look inwards for a solution to an improved and better Nigeria

Well said!
Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by Biggyd2: 9:46am On Jul 20, 2012
Yeah, let the mud slinging begin! All of them- same ol' same ol. Birds of the same feather that should be flocking outside the shores of this country. Make dem jus kip Quiet jare make we use we ear do beta tins joor.
Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by miteolu(m): 9:46am On Jul 20, 2012
Democracy is 419 & deceiving. Military is better
Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by ifihearam: 9:47am On Jul 20, 2012
Greatfuture: The people in PDP are not aliens they are nigerians so also those in other parties.therefore the problem of Nigeria are nigerians.lets stop pointing accusing fingers and look inwards for a solution to an improved and better Nigeria

Seconded
Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by Afam4eva(m): 9:48am On Jul 20, 2012
The political elites, whether in PDP, ACN, CPC, ANPP or APGA are the problems of Nigeria. So, they should all keep their mouth shut and keep passing the "Ghana must go" bags.

1 Like

Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 20, 2012
miteolu: Democracy is 419 & deceiving. Military is better
Soldier pikin don slap you before ? Then him papa come beat you add ? During those military days, one could not even drive a green car, they will seize it. Nairaland's Seun would have been murdered since for comments on this forum.

1 Like

Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by Maxdiamond(m): 9:52am On Jul 20, 2012
Definitely!
Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 20, 2012
Nigeria's problem is our opposition.
Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by idirect(m): 9:55am On Jul 20, 2012
superior1:

I no believe me and you go ever gree on NL, that Businessfool is a mumu
grin
Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by ayox2003: 9:57am On Jul 20, 2012
superior1: Nigeria's Problem

Jona say na Opposition, Opposition say na Jona. IMO, It is Nigerians that is troubling Nigeria undecided

[size=18pt]You're 100% correct. Humans generally love shifting blames and not taking responsibility of whatever it is thats happening in their various lives. Nigerians are the greatest problem of this country. I mean you and I.
[/size]

Frawzey
Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by mufc009(m): 9:58am On Jul 20, 2012
Demdem: All parties have serious issues but that of the killer party (PDP) is much more worse. They are much more a liability than anything else
PDP are Monsters
Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 20, 2012
Nigeria's problem stems from our opposition parties.Until they unite and shun regional politics(apga),godfatherism(acn,cpc),PDP(the only complete political party)will rule forever
Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by bknight: 9:59am On Jul 20, 2012
If democracy survived today -its nigerians
If nigeria failed today -its nigerians
If nigeria becomes great today -its nigerians!
Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by miteolu(m): 10:02am On Jul 20, 2012
Billyonaire: Soldier pikin don slap you before ? Then him papa come beat you add ? During those military days, one could not even drive a green car, they will seize it. Nairaland's Seun would have been murdered since for comments on this forum.

grin grin grin sorry, you were the guy that was disciplined mercilessly in those days by military boys grin grin grin. That is why you like democracy that pampers your rubbish.
Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by superior1: 10:02am On Jul 20, 2012
Billyonaire: Meanwhile, PDP remains the only truely Democratic Part in Nigeria. The facts are there to see. ACN is run by Tinubu and Tinubu alone, he anoints candidates for office, The board of trustees in ACN has no voice, the only loud voice is Tinubu. CPC is also regional party set up by Buhari for the sole aim of contesting for Presidency, its that same reason that he solely annoints himself and contest for Presidency every 4 years and may continue to do so until he is disgraced to retire like his colleague IBB. APGA is also regional, they clearly call themselves Igbo party, an attempt by a Northerner to convene a meeting of trustees met a parallel meeting in Ojukwu's compound with Gov Obi and Ojukwu's wife running things. What party again oh....hen en...ANPP, this was a major opposition in the early days of democracy, it was sort of national until greed tear them apart seeing most of the members swimming into PDP and some in limbo. So, PDP remains the only national democratic party with nominations openly done at Eagles Square. PDP leads, others follow. If PDP fails, Nigeria will actually shake. I cant trust Nigeria in the hands of Tinubu's regional party or Buhari's regional Party. They both are entrenched in regional jingoism.

There you go again, who is talking of regional or no regional? must you talk sh.iit everyday . PDP is a party of thieves, farucrocks, nepotism, favoritism and what more can I say.

1 Like

Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 20, 2012
Nigerian politicians are d same everywhere. We have an uduaghan alongside an akpabio in PDP,oshiomhole alongside ajimobi in ACN or al makura of CPC dat is a wide departure 4rm his party's posturing. Our problem is individuals not political parties....come to think of it, PDP is d only national n democratic party 2day....ANPP warming up...

1 Like

Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by jamil2(m): 10:08am On Jul 20, 2012
The problem of nigeria is no longer a pdp but nigerians. These dudes they aren't serious. If the citizens feel unsatisfied with the current administration why can't we wheelie bin them and stare for the way out instead for making too much noise without having a concrete result.
Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 20, 2012
We already know that retardinho and his Pdp cohorts are nigeria's problems. We don't need a soothsayer to tell us!
Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by dedeike: 10:10am On Jul 20, 2012
Billyonaire: Meanwhile, PDP remains the only truely Democratic Part in Nigeria. The facts are there to see. ACN is run by Tinubu and Tinubu alone, he anoints candidates for office, The board of trustees in ACN has no voice, the only loud voice is Tinubu. CPC is also regional party set up by Buhari for the sole aim of contesting for Presidency, its that same reason that he solely annoints himself and contest for Presidency every 4 years and may continue to do so until he is disgraced to retire like his colleague IBB. APGA is also regional, they clearly call themselves Igbo party, an attempt by a Northerner to convene a meeting of trustees met a parallel meeting in Ojukwu's compound with Gov Obi and Ojukwu's wife running things. What party again oh....hen en...ANPP, this was a major opposition in the early days of democracy, it was sort of national until greed tear them apart seeing most of the members swimming into PDP and some in limbo. So, PDP remains the only national democratic party with nominations openly done at Eagles Square. PDP leads, others follow. If PDP fails, Nigeria will actually shake. I cant trust Nigeria in the hands of Tinubu's regional party or Buhari's regional Party. They both are entrenched in regional jingoism.

Nice one bro. PDP remains the largest and only true political party in Nigeria. ACN is a company. CPC is a mob. ANPP is a shadow of itself. Labour party is a struggle.
Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 20, 2012
superior1:

There you go again, who is talking of regional or no regional? must you talk sh.iit everyday . PDP is a party of thieves, farucrocks, nepotism, favoritism and what more can I say.
Superior1, you didnt offer any fact.
Re: PDP Is Nigeria’s Problem-Opposition Parties by fagamite: 10:18am On Jul 20, 2012
ACN, haba, dem too dey jealous.

I have a feeling somewhere in Asorock, GEJ and his crew are dancing to a remixed version of Wizkids "no lele:"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDZfey8bpSk

Otuoke Shitta
ask Oronto Douglas
my rule no get visa
oya Oronto Douglas
(He not fit say he no know me
You feel my swag, you go sef go bow) X2
Omo, day by day
Mi, I dey rule, I dey hustle
Make you ask Asiwaju
Him go yan you
how di 2011 election go
Say bad mind fit talk
But I swear mi no send dem
Na, dem get there broom ooo
Let dem run dey sweep go [/b]ooo
CHORUS
Dem say dem no no how dis [b]fisherman
from the creek make am
Dem say dem no no how, dis shoeless boy from the creek make am
See, I go be number one for 2015 [/b]as a born champion no lele (X2)

When I wake up everyday
I go down on my knees and pray
[b]Thank OBJ for this shot at Asorock

With him by my side I no go fail
Right now me and Anenih we dey bling ooo
Everywhere I go, everybody just dey[b] salute[/b] ooo
Even in my creek in Otuoke, dem dey call me di Mr. President ooo
Star Fisherman, Goodluck ah so di ting go
You di one, Jonathan you di one
Everywhere we go dem say Ebele you di one now (X2)
You di man, Jonathan you di man
Everywhere we go dem say Ebele you di man now (X2)
CHORUS
Dem say dem no no how dis Fisherman from the creek make am
Dem say dem no no how, dis fisherman from the creek make am
See, I go be #1 for 2015, as a born champion no lele ([/b]X2)

When [b]ACN
tell you say, I no go fit
My brother make you tell dem say no le le
No lele, no lele, no lele
When[b] Ashiwaju Company of Nigeria[/b] tell you say, you no go fit
My sista make you tell dem say no le le
No lele, no lele, no lele
When dem tell mi say, I no go fit
My sista say, I tell dem say no le le
no lele, no lele, no lele
I keep beating ACN
A[b]nd I promise to never stop come 2015
Say my eye is on the 2015 election
And im neva letting go oh oh[/b]!

CHORUS (x2)
[b]Dem say dem no no how dis Fisherman from the creek make am
Dem say dem no no how, dis fisherman from the cree make am
See, I be number one, as a born champion no lele ([/b]X2)

Se bi fisherman ana lo ti di president (X2)
Se bi fisherman ana lo ti di president
aaa ree ye!
Ahh !! AHH!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Governors Condemn Killing Of Nigerians In South Africa / National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari / Reason Why Family Of Late COAS And Army Clashed At Funeral Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.