Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,738 members, 7,831,346 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? (11665 Views)

Poll: Lagos will one day be like Abuja?

Yes: 32% (26 votes)
No: 67% (54 votes)
This poll has ended

Beautiful Picture Of Cotonou. When Will Nigeria Be Like Cotonou? / Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by xphanti(f): 12:24pm On Apr 07, 2006
Lagos was once like Abuja, that was many many years ago. not to worry i can assure you that Abuja will slowly but surely become like Lagos.Lagos has 1001 things wrong with it. it is overpopulated, dirty, it has no been properly maintained over the years and loads of other things.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by dagaro(m): 1:29pm On Apr 07, 2006
Abuja pictures

Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by diyobdw(f): 3:07pm On Apr 07, 2006
let see how abj will look after under going the same process and issues.
it will happen.Dis is najia when nothting works for long enof grin grin grin grin
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by dagaro(m): 4:43pm On Apr 07, 2006
Abuja Pictures.

Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by t4cash(m): 5:10pm On Apr 07, 2006
Sorry to say this but each time i am in Abuja I remember that the people of the nigerian delta whose resources were used to build all this are languishing in a diametrically opposite environment so I find it hard to appreciate its beauty.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by diyobdw(f): 5:53pm On Apr 07, 2006
na so prove it ? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by kimba(m): 7:18pm On Apr 07, 2006
I PRAY TO GOD THAT ABUJA WILL NEVER BECOME LIKE LAGOS!!

however, the truth is that sane-minded Abuja is fast becoming rough. Armed robbers are on the rise. Things are getting rougher and rougher everyday. Living in the town is expensive, so many people live in the outskirts, nassarawa border, kaduna border etc.

Many high-brow areas, very wide roads(and a lot of Okada motorcycle deaths, coz they speed like crazy, causing more accidents),
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by Badman888(m): 7:20pm On Apr 07, 2006
If they move the capital of Nigeria somewhere else its definately going to be like Lagos, because money is pumed in there like it was pumped to lagos before
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by Onyibaby(f): 7:53pm On Apr 07, 2006
ok, l would love to know somebody that resides in Abuja, l do go to Naija every year but heck i do nnot know any body there.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by OldGlory1(m): 8:03pm On Apr 07, 2006
T4Cash/People

Do u have any recent Pictures of Tinubu Square? I was there years ago and would like to know what it looks like today. Does anybody have pictures of the CMS/TBS Area? I would like to see how does area look like today. I remember back in the days, it had trash everywhere and i was wondering if it is looking any better.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by GentleSoul2: 8:51pm On Apr 08, 2006
Lagos will be like Abuja in the year 3100. grin

Or

Abuja will be like Lagos in the year 2060.  cheesy
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:41pm On Apr 08, 2006
Second option lol
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by dblock(m): 3:32am On Apr 12, 2006
Lagos is dirty because of the society while Abuja is clean because the society is not allowed to be itself they are forced. I just pray Lagos doesn't become a Singapore nightmare with too many rules jus too impress the world or too be like Abuja. C'mon hold on Lagos jus a few more years don't be intimidated or pressured dblock is coming. I'll make a city for the rich and poor Abuja is a rich man's city, where the poor are not wanted the government of the so called FCT can't take care of the poor they are more interested in buisness and in the rich. I won't let that be when I take controll of Lagos. My election campaign slogan is-"A city for the people you'll only find poor in dictionaries vote dblock"
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by elvin(m): 4:13pm On Apr 17, 2006
my country people, abeg lag no fit dey like abj because d kind places wey i dey see 4 abj no dey lag.lagos can never be like abuja.
interesting grin
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by Desola(f): 12:33pm On Apr 19, 2006
To answer the question bluntly, No! Lagos can never be like Abuja just like other formumites have rightly stated. There was a plan for Abuja unlike Lagos.

The colonial masters only resided on the Island during their time, hence while V.I and Ikoyi are like they are.

However, if rebuilt or renovated, Lagos has vast potential in comparison to Abuja. I can just picture lagos looking like New York (like I said, I am dreaming it!). Lagos sure has a lot of potentials with it's s scenery and beautiful beaches. We can make parks and grow more trees. The government can come to some agreement to re-build houses with the landlords,
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by pascal(m): 7:05pm On May 02, 2006
Well this is not a laughing matter at all but i think i Will say will Abuja be like Lagos?

In my small view with what Abuja looks like now Eko will be better than Abuja very soon it is a question of time.

You just watch out.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by eveseh(f): 5:09pm On May 08, 2006
maybe someday
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by finemocha(f): 2:41pm On May 05, 2007
i think the question here is when will Abuja become like lagos? grin beceause u guys know its getting there right?
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by ne4real(f): 1:51pm On May 14, 2007
na rice? abi na beans?
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by amaikama(m): 1:47pm On Jul 04, 2007
una just dey talk something wey una never see before. na so lagos be before? make una wait and see Abuja for una forth generation, if una go live to that time una go see wating go happen to am. lagos and Abuja, all of them get the same fate. make una just wait and see. time shall surely tell. angry
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by Beline(f): 3:25pm On Jul 04, 2007
Lagos will never be like Abuja because Lagos is overpopulated and Abuja is being maintain by federal govt while that of Lagos is from the state govt, but i bet you if the federal capital is relocated to another city in the future Abuja will be worse than Lagos
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by spora(m): 3:29pm On Jul 04, 2007
If the topic had been : Will Abuja Ever Be Like Lagos?, I would have said: Yes, in a couple of years.

East or West. Naija na Naija
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by Echidime(m): 3:40pm On Jul 04, 2007
Lagos remain and will ever remain the hotest city in Africa, even if Africa becomes THE UNITED STATES OF AFRICA (USA)No city can compare to lagos take it or leave it nonsense,yeye boy seems that your blind
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by pterygott(f): 4:05pm On Jul 04, 2007
how can hell ever become like heaven?
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by akara(m): 5:23pm On Jul 04, 2007
grin

we forget that this is Naija where anything can happen, Who would have thought some years back that the old Oregun Road, Bank Athony Way and the moderenisation of Lagos Island would ever happen. Considering what it was all like 10 years ago. Its just a start, but I admit, it has a long long long way to go.

grin
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by tasiana(m): 5:43pm On Jul 04, 2007
i dnt think so but El-rufai can try if given the chance.The man did some wonders in Abuja cos @ a time it was almost becoming like Lagos though in the process a lot of pple were displaced but Abuja is better for it.@ least one sane city in 9ja wnt hurt.heard calabar is neat too
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by dreamnaira(m): 6:13pm On Jul 04, 2007
if FG concentrates all there developmental projects in Abuja, it surely will be like lagos.
And lagos also can be a better place to live in if the state govt decides to decongent lagos.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by champredd(m): 6:29pm On Jul 04, 2007
Lagos can be beautiful again, Will power and cooperation can do it. (Only if Lagos vote for FeeDeeFee can the FG assist so the gov must be ready to do it alone) grin
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by akara(m): 6:59pm On Jul 04, 2007
@dreamnaira

how can a a government decongest a state? Just curious.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by mukthar(m): 7:32pm On Jul 04, 2007
I know with determination and a master plan of a focused leader lagos can be like abuja,look at florida for example,there is large population of people but still there is sanity. With determination and trust of the people lagos can be like abuja. Certainly. Nothing is permanent.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by mukthar(m): 7:38pm On Jul 04, 2007
Lagos can be like abuja,nothing is permanent,with determination of our leaders and trust of the people lagos can be even more better than abuja. Check calabar and no law but look what it is now
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by fromuk(m): 7:41pm On Jul 04, 2007
Lagos was once like ABJ, what you could have asked is Will Abuja be like the present Lagos one day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dana Air Adds Boeing 737- 700 Aircraft To Fleet, To Commence ‘early Bird’’ Servi / Living In Germany/life As A GERMAN Immigrant / Aviation Unions Besiege Aero Contractors Over Workers’ Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.