Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? (11646 Views)

Poll: Lagos will one day be like Abuja?

Yes: 32% (26 votes)
No: 67% (54 votes)
This poll has ended

Beautiful Picture Of Cotonou. When Will Nigeria Be Like Cotonou? / Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by pa55word(m): 11:38pm On Apr 05, 2006
having lived in Lagos all my life,and knowing what Abuja has turn into in the last ten years, will there ever be two or more paradise in Nigeria.why can't Lagos be like Abuja for 40 years? tongue
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by hotangel2(f): 12:17am On Apr 06, 2006
Lagos can never be like abuja. Abuja is way too clean. LAgos kuma, can never be clean. lol
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by adlam4real: 2:11am On Apr 06, 2006
why cant lagos be like abuja,i think lagos can be like abuja
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by beyunce(f): 8:32am On Apr 06, 2006
haba you want to compare Abuja and Lagos.
The thing is that they both have their advantages and disadvantages.
And they can never be like eachother in different ways.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by LoverBwoy(m): 9:32am On Apr 06, 2006
it will be very difficult for lagos to be like abuja, Since it has no planning from the start!!!

Furthermore i think the lagos gov is more interested in places like V.I, Ikoyi, Alausa, The King's Palace and some other higbrow Areas

Ajegunle grin
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by maki(f): 10:00am On Apr 06, 2006
Lagos can never be like abuja in cleanliness because of population, the more the area is populated the more dirtier it becomes, so instead Abuja will be like Lagos rather someday

But i want Port Harcourt to be like Abuja if and only if our leaders will agree sad
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by diyobdw(f): 11:58am On Apr 06, 2006
Lagos Like Abuja??!!
is it in terms of traffic, population,dirtyness or noise(whc. incls that coming for generatos these days cry)
If there is a possiblity is will be in the range of 30-35% *my view*
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by OldGlory1(m): 11:59am On Apr 06, 2006
An Apple will never be a strawberry. You are hoping for a change that will not happen. Population in Lagos is 9Million and counting, Abuja has maybe 1million.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by Badman888(m): 12:00pm On Apr 06, 2006
i dont want to change the question but whats should be on our mind would Abuja ever become like Lagos?? I dont think lagos can ever look like abuja
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by Briz(m): 12:31pm On Apr 06, 2006
hello in here.

don't think it can eva get to be as abuja, even if dora, ugwu, el-rufai all of them are put to build up Lagos again, Lagos is just,, ,, i dunno.

qui sera sera.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by gidig(m): 12:35pm On Apr 06, 2006
It is really not fair to compare Lagos with Abuja.First, Abuja gets more funds for development than Lagos, even though there are may be ten times more people in Lagos than Abuja.
Lagos is perhaps the smallest state in Nigeria in terms of land and it is bursting on all fronts into ogun and beni republic.

Lagos has its characteristics.It will never be like Abuja except you drive almost everybody away from the state and spend bilions of money building roads and offices.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by kbstar(m): 2:35pm On Apr 06, 2006
The question should rather be 'Will Abuja ever be like Lagos?' Wait until the capital is relocated to another part of the country as the case with the Lagos National stadium.

Anything can happen, thast naija for u.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by obong(m): 2:36pm On Apr 06, 2006
lagos wont be like abuja, not because it can't be, but because the leaders there so far dont have the foresight. but with more parck and greeny, lagos should be even better
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by doshbass(m): 2:37pm On Apr 06, 2006
The question all of you should ask is when Abuja will be like Lagos in terms of pollution, congestion and so on. Dont worry give it some more time, it is not overcrowded yet cos so many people are treking to Abuja at the moment, and you if you are treking(walking) to a place it takes time to get there. Over population and Congestion is what is killing Lagos at the moment, so we need to migrate people to Abuja from Lagos for Lagos to be like Abuja.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by doshbass(m): 2:38pm On Apr 06, 2006
Kbstar are you show you werent looking at my Exercise book when I was writing my idea down?
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 06, 2006
If u are waiting for Lagos to be like abuja shocked, men u should wait in the next world, because their (GOVERNMENT) mind is out of Lagos, and it takes the invention of another world to solve that or we need to appease the gods of Lagos, so that they would leave the good things coming to lagos alone witout sending it back angry
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by SIBLI06(m): 2:51pm On Apr 06, 2006
Yes it can be the same if not better, tongue

after all it's just another city. Forget about where the money has gone in the past, there is only so much money that can be spent on a city (I said spent not stolen). I strongly believe in people power so in my view it's left to the people of the cities to help try make it better.

Lagos will certainly follow the city model of Abuja just like other cities in the world. People keep talking about overcrowding in Lagos, I agree that is a real problem at present. What did Tokyo do to assist with the dense population in the city? Build tower blocks!!! What do you think they will do in Lagos? Yep you've got it, they will build more tower blocks. Pollution is an issue yep, the pollution from the cars alone is horrendous. The government will eventually wake up to that and insist on MOT's etc.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by zeb(m): 4:03pm On Apr 06, 2006
I am definitely convince that Abuja will be like Lagos in the future.
We just have to give Abuja the time to grow in population.
Except they start developing many states in the country like Abuja or else expect Abuja turn to Lagos.  No doubt  about that,
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by my2cents(m): 4:47pm On Apr 06, 2006
Sure, Lagos can be like Abuja. Solution is very simple: Raze it to the ground and build it from the ground up. Of course, if you do that, then the next question would be "can Abuja be like Lagos?" since Lagos would have been built using the technologies present at the time, which of course Abuja wouldn't have access to, having been built years ago.

In the end, we are back answering the question over and over again, and we are stuck in an endless loop of "Can, ever be like, ?"

In its hey day, Lagos was da bomb. As the name of a popular night bus company goes, "grin young shall grow"

, and that's my 2 cents
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by Oracle(m): 7:04pm On Apr 06, 2006
dear my2cents Lagos can't be like Abj in the next Century
u know it sounds easy "take it down then build it up again" in the next million years that {reconstruction} cannot occur

Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by diyobdw(f): 7:23pm On Apr 06, 2006
LAGOS fit no be like abuja but that doesnt rep lagos abeg angry
this is lagos shocked shocked

Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by Onyibaby(f): 7:52pm On Apr 06, 2006
l think Abuja was designed to be built like that right from the start so there's no way lagos will ever be like Abuja.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by otokx(m): 8:00pm On Apr 06, 2006
abuja will soon be like lagos grin
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:28pm On Apr 06, 2006
otokx:

abuja will soon be like lagos grin

i dont think so bet you never know, I just like how abuja is well planned
That FCT is something wonderful man
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by t4cash(m): 9:35pm On Apr 06, 2006
@diyobdw

grin Thanks for trying to stand up for Lagos but that pic of Tinubu square must be OOOOOOOOLD!

You can not see those fountains today.

As for the topic, it never ceases to amaze me how people start threads with upside down questions on this board. It obviously works because I visited this thread to see if people were actually discussing if Lagos would look like Abuja. As I suspected, the silly question has caught everyone correcting the author that it is the other way around.

BTW notice that the person who started the thread put his location in his profile as London and meanwhile says he has lived in Lagos all his life. Which one is it?
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by OldGlory1(m): 9:37pm On Apr 06, 2006
4cash

Where did the Fountain go?
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by t4cash(m): 9:43pm On Apr 06, 2006
Old Glory

The fountain (and the whole area) has been taken over by hawkers who have constructed ramshackle stalls. It is an eyesore actually.

Lets be honest, the story is symbolic of the whole of Lagos. The rest of the country is converging on it and hustling is taking its toll. It is beyond alarming.
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by OldGlory1(m): 10:14pm On Apr 06, 2006
@T4cash

Do u have any recent photos? You can pass it along, so i can get an idea of what the before and after looks like. Thanks
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by dblock(m): 2:36am On Apr 07, 2006
Lagos can be like Abuja and has long has Tinubu and OBJ are in power the Gap between the two cities in cleanliness and other factors closes up. Only thing is Tinubu is gonna use some Mugabe style brutality cool.Wath Lagos needs is a few lessons from singapore(too much rules) and Zimbabwe( brutal rules) Abuja watch out -----kosibiki bi eko----------
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by dblock(m): 2:43am On Apr 07, 2006
why talk like you made this earth. If God gives it a thumbs up Lagos won't only be liike Abuja but can even be better than The big Apple(crime city-crap city) or L.A(city of the angles go west coast). sorry this aint the place to be saying how much I hate the east coast cool cool cool cool cool

Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by Chxta(m): 10:14am On Apr 07, 2006
Lagos can be like Abuja if the political will and vision are there. Without one or the other, forget it. Do y'all know how New York was once upon a time?
Re: Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? by diyobdw(f): 11:21am On Apr 07, 2006
t4cash:

Old Glory

The fountain (and the whole area) has been taken over by hawkers who have constructed ramshackle stalls. It is an eyesore actually.

Lets be honest, the story is symbolic of the whole of Lagos. The rest of the country is converging on it and hustling is taking its toll. It is beyond alarming.
Let see what abuja's we turn into in the next 5yrs
The fountian is still there (though nt function'g grin)
Abeg comment on the 2nd pix and dat of @dblock too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? / Dana Air Adds Boeing 737- 700 Aircraft To Fleet, To Commence ‘early Bird’’ Servi / RE: South African Visiting Nigeria (LAGOS) For The First Time, AMAZING!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.