Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

CSR Generation For SSL Certificates - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / CSR Generation For SSL Certificates (586 Views)

Massive Traffic Generation For Your Blog / Hello! No More $$$ For SSL. Check These 2 Sources For FREE SSL For Your Websites / Pin Codes Generation For My Joomla Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CSR Generation For SSL Certificates by databoy247(m): 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2012
I paid for an SSL certificate but need to generate a CSR code with 2048-bit private key to activate the SSL certificate. Any ideas on how to go about it or do i ask my host to do it for me, not withstanding, i would like to do it myself. Thanks cool
Re: CSR Generation For SSL Certificates by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 20, 2012
You need ssh access to generate a csr

first you need a key, next use the key to generate the csr. you can actually do both with just 1 command.

openssl req -nodes -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout www.yourwebsite.com.key -out www.yourwebsite.com.csr

if you are running CentOS, you may want to use the one above cos somehow, all my centos machine always have "key does not match crt" when password is set. the above will not place a password on your .key file. if it's a shared server, you may want to set a password, use below command instead.

openssl genrsa -des3 -out www.yourwebsite.com.key 2048

the based on that you generate the csr like this

openssl req -new -key www.yourwebsite.com.key -out www.yourwebsite.com.csr

you should have 2 files at the current directory, so give the content of the .csr to the ssl company, they give you 2 files back.
.crt & .ca-bundle, most of them will provide you with a link on how to install it
but when giving them, let them know what webserver you want to use it with. Apache + modssl in most case, NOT ApacheSSL

goodluck
Re: CSR Generation For SSL Certificates by DualCore1: 6:43pm On Jul 20, 2012
If your server is running on WHM, go to the SSL section amongt the links on the left of your panel and generate a request.
Note that you will need to have a dedicated IP assigned to the domain you are creating this kind of SSL cert for.
Re: CSR Generation For SSL Certificates by Adexy4us(m): 7:27pm On Jul 20, 2012
Wat shud i need to do am gettin a broken page error 404:ssl-apache somtin on ma site...its only ma home home page dats accesible, o da pages ar bringing dat error

(1) (Reply)

Website Design And Hosting Promo By Tri-world Incorporated / Become A Webdesigner/graphics Designer Within A Month!!! (training) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.