Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Any Female Programmers In The House? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Any Female Programmers In The House? (8688 Views)

Any Female Python Programmer Here?? / Do We Really Have Wizard Female Programmers In Nigeria? / Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by spikesC(m): 10:39pm On Jul 20, 2012
wesley80: @topic, I see you guys are yet to meet Kobojunkie aka The Nairaland Menace!( google or ask around) If you guys can just get her in here, I promise you won't regret it and for bonus points after she comes in, try to keep her out!

Is that ------- really a girl undecided
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by llouis: 10:45pm On Jul 20, 2012
silverluci: jst tot women love challenges and wld take up wat men wld ordinarily do. Its jst so disapointin

guy don't get it twisted; women do love challenges, but only those that involve emotional excitation.

a woman would rather engage in mediocre gossip and talk, or soap operas or movies that would tickle her fantasy; they have refused to make use of the logical side of their brains,

i wont say they are dull naturally, but i would say for not tasking their brains well enough they are dulling!!!

please don't be disappointed, God created women with the rare ability to talk faster than they can think, the serpent spoke 14 words in the garden of eden and eve answered with 42 words, what do u make of that?

grin cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 20, 2012
Focus on the programming and life will be so sweet for you.....
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by wesley80(m): 11:04pm On Jul 20, 2012
spikes C:

Is that ------- really a girl undecided

Well, now you know.
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by alienware(m): 11:06pm On Jul 20, 2012
Babe u try ! Most 9ja chicks na to buy black berry were dem no sabi use. Finding a female programmer in 9ja is like one in 10 million.
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by PatKing(f): 11:18pm On Jul 20, 2012
Javanian: All those claiming female programmers here how come you are never at the programming section?? angry

When we have work load in a limited 24 hours!? Plus kids, and other half?
You are always at the programming section because one of us must return from hard day of coding and running round the house to put dinner on the table.
When we are at work, we peep into forums to relax our head...
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by kandiikane(m): 11:20pm On Jul 20, 2012
PatKing:

When we have work load in a limited 24 hours!? Plus kids, and other half?
You are always at the programming section because one of us must return from hard day of coding and running round the house to put dinner on the table.
When w are at work, we peep into forums to relax our head...

*claps*
I like you.
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by spikesC(m): 11:30pm On Jul 20, 2012
kandiikane:

*claps*
I like you.

And you, what can you do undecided
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by kandiikane(m): 11:31pm On Jul 20, 2012
Stop following me around. You are on my ignore list.
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 20, 2012
llouis:

fish-brains would rather use their time exhibiting all the qualites of a fish instead of tasking their brains manipulating a programming language.

am really sure there are some super intelligent naija babe programmers out there, but, the last time i asked google, the tin hang!

llouis:

guy don't get it twisted; women do love challenges, but only those that involve emotional excitation.

a woman would rather engage in mediocre gossip and talk, or soap operas or movies that would tickle her fantasy; they have refused to make use of the logical side of their brains,

i wont say they are dull naturally, but i would say for not tasking their brains well enough they are dulling!!!

please don't be disappointed, God created women with the rare ability to talk faster than they can think, the serpent spoke 14 words in the garden of eden and eve answered with 42 words, what do u make of that?

Which woman broke your heart?

1 Like

Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by NEROSKY(m): 11:44pm On Jul 20, 2012
silverluci: Hi all, i am new both on nairaland and in the programming world. Apart from cramming codes like C++, Basic and Fortran from year one thru year three just to pass my courses, i recently started learning programming for real as am on IT. Having learnt the "markups" and javascript, i am now on php and i am so plain bored cos i don't have any inspiration to ginger me.makes me want to drop everything and maybe do some simpler stuff like hardware maintenance.
Also i have noticed that on this forum there are not enough ladies to ginger upcoming females like me.
is it really true that ladies are daft in this field? Ladies in the house, please state come out and tell us what you've learnt.
Contact Mukina2 Mr Seun's babe she will take

♈ ♡☺ on a ride .
But wait oh... Do anybody Know wher I can learn programming in lag n D price (am just a webmaster )
Plzzz anyone
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by spikesC(m): 11:51pm On Jul 20, 2012
kandiikane: Stop following me around. You are on my ignore list.

I came here first undecided

You're on my fake list
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by ifihearam: 12:32am On Jul 21, 2012
Why do u fink u will find a female programmer sef?? Don't you know what they do best??
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by SisiKill1: 12:45am On Jul 21, 2012
@ Topic
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by kobikwelu(m): 2:49am On Jul 21, 2012
its not only here oooo...all over the world...programming is a field dominated by men......

i just guess women are the same all over the world
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by llouis: 4:56am On Jul 21, 2012
Which woman broke your heart?

ROTFLMAO

*falls from coconut tree*

must a woman break my heart before i spit out hard and blunt facts?

read my posts very well, i have nothing against womanhood, they were created as help suitable for their counterparts, the improved version of man, a symbol of beauty and grace, but whilst the man is like a single core computer processor with very high RAM, able to only focus and channel all his attention on a single point in time, women are the i5's and i7 processors of today, excellent at multitasking, but have u ever used an i7 with a ram of about only 12Mb?

the result is that their 4 to 8 processors are hardly ever used efficiently, they are excellent at multi-tasking but most of them never really task their minds beyond anything out of the mediocre, making an enlightened, intelligent, emotionally mature woman very uncommon in the mediocrity that is our world today.

we men are born brain dead, unable to perfectly harness the emotional sides of our brain from early childhood ages, due to death of our brain cells responsible for connecting to our emotional sides, thus, we are naturally hard wired to be logical, its not that we are refusing to be emotional; some of us just can't be.

one would think that the dual core processor (brained) ladies with the rare ability to use both sides of their brains would be intellectual colossi to reckon with, but the opposite is actually the case, what we often come across are emotional junkies, who would do almost anything to excite their epileptic emotions, in the meantime covering their physical casings with cosmetics simultaneously baring the same casings all in a bid to give the world an impression of a beauty they do not so naturally possess, believing that since they have nothing upstairs or inside to offer the world, men might as well appreciate what they have downstairs (their physical casing),

enlightened, mentally mature women i believe are rarer than the white rose, God help us men who haven't found already to find such ones even in their childhood years and patiently await their maturing to full bloom,

in a bid to seek them out, i found out years back that not all questions can be answered by google.

smiley wink cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by DereI(f): 4:57am On Jul 21, 2012
@ OP

My elder sister is a programmer but she's not on nairaland. Maybe you can contact her sometime....she might be of help to you smiley
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by Nobody: 6:01am On Jul 21, 2012
I don't think "cramming" code is the way forward. grin
Thank God for Intellisense and the like. Google is also your friend when learning a new syntax.
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by moderatorr: 6:13am On Jul 21, 2012
join 'PHP Nigeria' on facebook.
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by DonaldGenes(m): 7:19am On Jul 21, 2012
seyron: yea yea yea....am here a female programmer wt help exactly do u nid, programin is nt al abt cramin codes, if u r cramin codes u r smawgetin it wrng, programin is interestin f n only if u knw it,,,, if u knw it u cn neva b bore
i like qrls like you with focus
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by phaya(f): 8:18am On Jul 21, 2012
Considering the setting of our country, guys are usually scared of intelligent girls n moreover MARRIAGE is the highest peak a woman must attain in life. This is why its easier to find white ladies as programmers than here. Thumbs up silvialuci don't give up on ur dream u are a rare find!
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 21, 2012
phaya: Considering the setting of our country, guys are usually scared of intelligent girls n moreover MARRIAGE is the highest peak a woman must attain in life. This is why its easier to find white ladies as programmers than here. Thumbs up silvialuci don't give up on ur dream u are a rare find!

@bold,
Complete and utter nonsense. The world needs less of people that have that opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by princysharma90(f): 9:16am On Jul 21, 2012
Hi..I am a B.Tech (CSE) student..I also learned some programming languages..
I have done C and C++ which was taught in my college. Apart from that I have learned Java and ASP.NET in C#.
Now, I would also like to learn PHP.

1 Like

Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by BLECINS(f): 9:19am On Jul 21, 2012
@op
hi i'm an electrical/electronic engineer by profession, I started learning C++ and linux a few months back, i stopped cos i'm preparing for my MSC enterance exam. Once i'm done with the exam, i'll resume my programming.
i have some materials and i dont mind sharing them with you .
its nice to know i'm not the only lady investing my time on programming
cheers...............

1 Like

Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by spikesC(m): 9:27am On Jul 21, 2012
princysharma90: Hi..I am a B.Tech (CSE) student..I also learned some programming languages..
I have done C and C++ which was taught in my college. Apart from that I have learned Java and ASP.NET in C#.
Now, I would also like to learn PHP.

Damn, you're intimidating me embarassed
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by lordZOUGA(m): 9:46am On Jul 21, 2012
BLECINS: @op
hi i'm an electrical/electronic engineer by profession, I started learning C++ and linux a few months back, i stopped cos i'm preparing for my MSC enterance exam. Once i'm done with the exam, i'll resume my programming.
i have some materials and i dont mind sharing them with you .
its nice to know i'm not the only lady investing my time on programming
cheers...............
what have you done with it? Links to your works?
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 21, 2012
Yep,
Lmao @ u learning FORTRAN.......dis is a joke rit? do you know how obsolete this is?
Advance in c++, Java, Oracle and MySQL,
Learning C# rit now, not fun @ all...though it has quite a lot of similarities to Java
My strength is database anyway.

1 Like

Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by Javanian: 10:56am On Jul 21, 2012
Shollypopz: Yep,
Lmao @ u learning FORTRAN.......dis is a joke rit? do you know how obsolete this is?
Learning C# rit now(because of Apple app programming), not fun @ all...though it has quite a lot of similarities to Java
C# ko...Apple ni...Thats strange...
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by spikesC(m): 10:57am On Jul 21, 2012
Shollypopz: Yep,
Learning C# rit now(because of Apple app programming), not fun @ all...though it has quite a lot of similarities to Java

Hmmm, wonders shall never end. So this one is actually one.

Well, about fortran, i heard its still been very used in enterprise apps. I actually had the obsolete mindset before but a guy like that seems to prove me wrong.

FYI, i hate the language
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 21, 2012
Javanian:
C# ko...Apple ni...Thats strange...
lmao...i don't like to make fun of ppl
i don't hv to use objective c you knw??
C# is mostly used 4 Windows phone i knw,........
confirm ur info pls, b4 i mess u up big time!
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 21, 2012
spikes C:

Hmmm, wonders shall never end. So this one is actually one.

Well, about fortran, i heard its still been very used in enterprise apps. I actually had the obsolete mindset before but a guy like that seems to prove me wrong.

FYI, i hate the language
i knw......IBM still sells fortran compilers.
u don't even want me to start making Fortran jokes
@wonders shall never end. So this one is actually one: I'm sorry, do i know you??!!
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by lordZOUGA(m): 11:57am On Jul 21, 2012
Shollypopz:
lmao...i don't like to make fun of ppl
i don't hv to use objective c you knw??
C# is mostly used 4 Android i knw,........
confirm ur info pls, b4 i mess u up big time!
you use 3rd party SDK?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Programming Language Holds Brighter Prospects In Nigeria / How To Create A Simple Calculator Using Java Programing Language GUI / Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.