Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,970 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report (7156 Views)

War Against Corruption: Buhari To Review Farouk Lawan Committee Reports / Presidency, Experts Fault Presidential Committee Report On Chibok Abduction / Subsidy: Farouk Lawan Committee Held Hostage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by superior1: 7:07am On Jul 21, 2012
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission is not making use of the investigative report on the fuel subsidy management conducted by the House of Representatives Ad Hoc Committee led by Mr. Farouk Lawan.

Investigations show that the EFCC leadership views the Lawan committee’s report, which is enmeshed in a $620,000 bribe controversy involving Lawan and oil magnate, Femi Otedola, as a mere fact-finding exercise lacking the force for prosecution.

The commission believes that the investigation conducted by the ad hoc committee, which revealed the theft of N1.07tn subsidy funds by oil importers and their collaborators, can’t be relied upon to prosecute anybody.

Although the commission, which commenced its independent investigation in April, did not dwell on the House report, it did not dismiss it in its entirety.

The Lawan committee recommended that 72 companies be investigated by “the relevant anti-corruption agencies in order to establish their culpability and to recover the N230.1bn said to have been misappropriated by them.”

SATURDAY PUNCH gathered that the commission was relying on the investigation led by its Director of Operations, Mr. Laolu Adegbite, to bring those indicted in the administration of the subsidy funds to book.

The EFCC team, comprising over 60 operatives, who visited oil installations across the country and other vital oil distribution points, did not focus only on the oil importers as was the case in the House of Representatives’ report.

It is the view of the leadership of the commission that all those found to have played various roles in the issue of the subsidy and whose names came up during the investigations would face prosecution irrespective of whether the person is an importer, or a Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency or the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation worker.

Although the Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, Mr. Mohammed Adoke, said last week that the commission might commence prosecution of indicted oil importers next week, investigations showed that Adegbite and his men were still probing.

However, the commission has gone very far in its investigation and has come up with enough findings to approach the court for prosecution.

“The report was not discussed as an issue, but assurances were given that as soon as the EFCC finishes its assignment, which is very soon, you will begin to see prosecution probably in the next one week.

“So, Nigerians should rest assured that this is not an issue that will be swept under the carpet.

“We have gone this far because we want a proper and painstaking investigation done so that when we charge people to court, there will be no lapses or loopholes for lawyers to explore,” the AGF had told State House correspondents after a meeting of the three arms of government in Abuja.

source:www.punchng.com/news/efcc-dumps-lawan-ctte-report/
Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by superior1: 7:16am On Jul 21, 2012
Weeks of live broadcast and probing only for the report to end in a trash basket, may Otedola and Farcrook suffer for the evil they have done Nigerians
Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by superior1: 7:31am On Jul 21, 2012
superior1: Weeks of live broadcast and probing only for the report to end in a trash basket, may Otedola and Farcrook suffer for the evil they have done Nigerians

and all who planned the setup
Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by excondido(m): 10:41am On Jul 21, 2012
the farouks led ad hoc committee findings is tainted with so much controversy and thus can not acheive any meaningful investigation.
Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by tonyx4x44(m): 10:42am On Jul 21, 2012
superior1: Weeks of live broadcast and probing only for the report to end in a trash basket, may Otedola and Farcrook suffer for the evil they have done Nigerians
plus cash spent

1 Like

Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by Biodup: 10:43am On Jul 21, 2012
Another black buster season movie begins. Title deceive of the titans.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by saviola24: 10:46am On Jul 21, 2012
Mission accomplished

1 Like

Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 21, 2012
End of discussion! Case dismissed! Watch out for the next movie.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 21, 2012
So what next for the people of Nigeria ? Smh
Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by jedisco(m): 10:51am On Jul 21, 2012
How are we sure that the current investigation by EFCC is not another witch hunting exercise.

Sometimes, I get tired of this country.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 21, 2012
grin efcc (eugologize any financial crime comand)are insane, y must d criminal oriented body dumped a report dat was preparede based on the approval of the law domt dey know dat dey shd use dat very report and nab dat senethief lawan boko haram farouk nigeria stinks, am hapi with my life here in florida cheesy

1 Like

Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by Acidosis(m): 11:00am On Jul 21, 2012
Journalism in Nigeria is crap. Such report can never be dumped.
Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by Trecixnine(m): 11:03am On Jul 21, 2012
That has always been the game plan. We saw it coming.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by lacasa: 11:06am On Jul 21, 2012
^^ exactly

1 Like

Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by atise: 11:09am On Jul 21, 2012
Some times i think NL moderators and some posters need to have their heads examined! This is a completely misleading and infact, WRONG heading/title.

The EFCC did not 'dump' the report, they are using it as a template for their own investigations, which was the recommendation of d commitee. they can't just begin to prosecute people without their own inv.

And see how fellow NLers jst begin to insult without bothering to read thru the article first! Na wa for una o....

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by searchcorp(m): 11:18am On Jul 21, 2012
chiover: grin efcc (eugologize any financial crime comand)are insane, y must d criminal oriented body dumped a report dat was preparede based on the approval of the law domt dey know dat dey shd use dat very report and nab dat senethief lawan boko haram farouk nigeria stinks, am hapi with my life here in florida cheesy

You r not in Florida because Nigeria stinks, neither does Nigeria stink because u r in florida. Matter of fact - Nigeria Doesn't Stink..

Yes, we have corrupt leaders but i bet u its just a matter of time and Nigeria will be so attractive that u will spend all u ve ever saved up in Florida just trying to rent a self contain apartment somewhere in maybe Adamawa State.

@op,

*fingers crossed*
Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by ABUGEORGE(m): 11:25am On Jul 21, 2012
Na naija u dey. Before any nigeria movie will start we no where it will end dat is nigeria politic for u. I beg give me d part two of next week update. Super story
Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by deandavid(m): 11:25am On Jul 21, 2012
chiover: grin efcc (eugologize any financial crime comand)are insane, y must d criminal oriented body dumped a report dat was preparede based on the approval of the law domt dey know dat dey shd use dat very report and nab dat senethief lawan boko haram farouk nigeria stinks, am hapi with my life here in florida cheesy
i wish u can be truely happy without think of ur home, ur people, ur root. My broda, when going gets tough, the tough gets going. We must continue to hope, work and pray for the betterment of our country no matter where u are.
Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by edicolove: 11:27am On Jul 21, 2012
atise: Some times i think NL moderators and some posters need to have their heads examined! This is a completely misleading and infact, WRONG heading/title.

The EFCC did not 'dump' the report, they are using it as a template for their own investigations, which was the recommendation of d commitee. they can't just begin to prosecute people without their own inv.

And see how fellow NLers jst begin to insult without bothering to read thru the article first! Na wa for una o....

80% of NLers don't read the article before posting. I wish there was a way to force everyone to read the article before they post. It would have solved 90% of the problem of rubbish posts on NL. If you want to hide something from a black man, put it in a book. Smh

1 Like

Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by nduchucks: 11:34am On Jul 21, 2012
superior1: The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission is not making use of the investigative report on the fuel subsidy management conducted by the House of Representatives Ad Hoc Committee led by Mr. Farouk Lawan.

Investigations show that the[b] EFCC leadership views the Lawan committee’s report[/b], which is enmeshed in a $620,000 bribe controversy involving Lawan and oil magnate, Femi Otedola, as a mere fact-finding exercise lacking the force for prosecution.

Wonders shall never end in our dear country until many of these incompetent fools are dealt with severely. According to the bolded text above, the EFCC was planning to use the Lawan committee report as the only tool to be used to prosecute the subsidy thieves.

How else must any sane person view the report if not as a mere fact-finding exercise? The lazy, corrupt, and incompetent EFCC was supposed to use the report and any other pertinent report as a starting point in their own investigations and evidence gathering exercises. It is irresponsible of EFCC to completely ignore pertinent information contained in the Farouk committee report or any other report. They are all a bunch of corrupt and compromised goats.

What is the sense in announcing to the world that the Farouk report lacked force of prosecution when it is a very obvious thing? Lazy fools. SMDH
Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by aare07(m): 11:47am On Jul 21, 2012
can a car driver pilot a plane . its the sole responsibliity of EFCC to investigate in economic vices while given to national assembly to prosecute a man that can feed farouk lawan for the next 40 years.
Inasmuch, Reps bears the position to formulate laws.

Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 21, 2012
searchcorp:

You r not in Florida because Nigeria stinks, neither does Nigeria stink because u r in florida. Matter of fact - Nigeria Doesn't Stink..

Yes, we have corrupt leaders but i bet u its just a matter of time and Nigeria will be so attractive that u will spend all u ve ever saved up in Florida just trying to rent a self contain apartment somewhere in maybe Adamawa State.

@op,

*fingers crossed*

dream on He goat.. may be when u clock 80yrs nigerian grave will be so attractive to u. numb skull
Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by uncleb(m): 12:23pm On Jul 21, 2012
saviola24: Mission accomplished

That is it. So saw my mind.
Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by redsun(m): 12:32pm On Jul 21, 2012
Do u guys still remember halliburton? Expecting nigerian government to investigate corruption in the system is like expecting the italian mobs to investigate and expose the mafia underworld syndicate and in turn break the code of omerta.Impossible.

Nigerian government is a criminal syndicate and it is left for concerned,daring and rational nigerian citizens to bring them to justice
Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by plato7: 1:12pm On Jul 21, 2012
happy with your life in florida washing corpse.smh
Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by superior1: 1:19pm On Jul 21, 2012
[b][/b]
atise: Some times i think NL moderators and some posters need to have their heads examined! This is a completely misleading and infact, WRONG heading/title.

edicolove:

80% of NLers don't read the article before posting. I wish there was a way to force everyone to read the article before they post. It would have solved 90% of the problem of rubbish posts on NL. If you want to hide something from a black man, put it in a book. Smh

You guys should go slowly through the article again, its nt written in spanish
Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by dedeike: 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2012
I don't even trust that report for anything. That Farouk report may be thrown into the Chilean mines for all I care.
Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by lynxpro(m): 2:06pm On Jul 21, 2012
Poor write up. Is the writer of this article expecting the EFCC to tender the probe report in court to nail the indicted? The probe report was always going to be a framework. Law courts convict, and to get such convictions, the prosecuting bodies need solid facts to back up their claims hence the need to perform a thorough investigation. So I think the EFCC is doing its job as expected.
Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by Demdem(m): 2:40pm On Jul 21, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Wonders shall never end in our dear country until many of these incompetent fools are dealt with severely. According to the bolded text above, the EFCC was planning to use the Lawan committee report as the only tool to be used to prosecute the subsidy thieves.

How else must any sane person view the report if not as a mere fact-finding exercise? The lazy, corrupt, and incompetent EFCC was supposed to use the report and any other pertinent report as a starting point in their own investigations and evidence gathering exercises. It is irresponsible of EFCC to completely ignore pertinent information contained in the Farouk committee report or any other report. They are all a bunch of corrupt and compromised goats.

What is the sense in announcing to the world that the Farouk report lacked force of prosecution when it is a very obvious thing? Lazy fools. SMDH

Demdem endorses this post.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 21, 2012
plato7: happy with your life in florida washing corpse.smh
i dnt hav any word for u
Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by mooninsun(m): 3:08pm On Jul 21, 2012
The Nigeria intellectuals had expected that before it was actually done.
Re: EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report by Atiob(m): 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2012
The aim has been achieved. No more story.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Southeast State Had Left 5 Southwest States And Rapidly Catching Up On Lagos. / Buhari Must Not Be Defeated In The North But Nigeria Come 2019 / BUSTED: See List Of Goodluck Jonathan's Security Chiefs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.