Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff (7938 Views)

Saraki’s Address At Resumption Of Plenary Today (full Text) / Arunma Oteh - SEC DG Sent On Compulsory Leave / See Transcorp Hilton Food Invoice For Ms. Arunmah Oteh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by bakila: 7:52pm On Jul 21, 2012
dedeike:
Come on shut up! If you don't have anything to say, keep quiet. What do you mean by arrogance? Have you ever seen a situation where employees decide their employers? This is not a union or association. This is a govt agency. The bulk stops at Jonathan's desk. If SEC performs well today, we will praise Jonathan. If he fails, we will hold Jonathan liable. If SEC does not function well, you will rush to this forum to lambast GEJ. you won't remember to hold these workers accountable.

There is no where in the world where the staff of a govt agency will decide who leads them . It's not done. It's akin to NNPC staff protesting the recent shakeups and replacement of DG. Its like TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR players protesting the appointment of AVB as their manager by the management of the club. It's absurd.

The Fg is even liberal with their approach. If I am the president, I will direct the Head of service to query any protesting worker for possible sack. I can't tolerate a situation where a group of idiots will hold me to ransome.

You get brain and you sabi book. Heheehhe, AVB AND TOTTENHAM HOTSPURS when we are talking about ISA. Na wa for people when tribe and paddy paddy matter dey for table!
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by Mandelaguy(m): 7:52pm On Jul 21, 2012
dedeike:
Come on shut up! If you don't have anything to say, keep quiet. What do you mean by arrogance? Have you ever seen a situation where employees decide their employers? This is not a union or association. This is a govt agency. The bulk stops at Jonathan's desk. If SEC performs well today, we will praise Jonathan. If he fails, we will hold Jonathan liable. If SEC does not function well, you will rush to this forum to lambast GEJ. you won't remember to hold these workers accountable.

There is no where in the world where the staff of a govt agency will decide who leads them . It's not done. It's akin to NNPC staff protesting the recent shakeups and replacement of DG. Its like TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR players protesting the appointment of AVB as their manager by the management of the club. It's absurd.

The Fg is even liberal with their approach. If I am the president, I will direct the Head of service to query any protesting worker for possible sack. I can't tolerate a situation where a group of idiots will hold me to ransome.
You have saliva to waste,people tha got firstborn before their fathers.
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by bakila: 7:59pm On Jul 21, 2012
afam4eva:
My comment has the odour of ethnic affiliation because the woman i'm standing up for is Igbo? So, i should not speak the truth again so that i wont be accused of bigotry by someone who has an ethnically biased nose?? SMH
Ok now that you have admitted that its because she is Igbo those who have eyes have seen. We are all witnessess to the katakata about wuruwuru at SEC, for the Coordinating Minister of the economy to take that trip to SEC SHOW THAT PADDY PADDY IS ON.
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by chidexy(m): 8:00pm On Jul 21, 2012
foyeks2001:

kindly visit Ekiti State pls

You should rather visit Ekiti State. Those Professors and PhD holders there will also confirm to you that it takes discipline, hardwork and something upstairs to earn it
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by chidexy(m): 8:01pm On Jul 21, 2012
bakila:
Ok now that you have admitted that its because she is Igbo those who have eyes have seen. We are all witnessess to the katakata about wuruwuru at SEC, for the Coordinating Minister of the economy to take that trip to SEC SHOW THAT PADDY PADDY IS ON.

SEC falls under the purview of the Ministry of Finance
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by foyeks2001(f): 8:12pm On Jul 21, 2012
chidexy:

You should rather visit Ekiti State. Those Professors and PhD holders there will also confirm to you that it takes discipline, hardwork and something upstairs to earn it

so what?Oga park well abeg...i dont respond to someone who allows his itching fingers to do d 4major works i.e reading,assimilating,digesting,b4 replying
my point noted already to those whose organs function effectively
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by hercules07: 8:12pm On Jul 21, 2012
I believe Okonjo Iweala is indulging these guys, I do not particularly like GEJ or even Okonjo Iweala but, once someone has been appointed to a position of authority, he or she should have all the authority that goes with it, Oteh should go non-linear on the behind of all these protesting workers, who are they to determine if their boss should resume, the appointing executive has made its decision and people who are not ready to work with her can resign, on top of this, she is actually performing, I do not care if she is arrogant, as long as she can back it up with performance, then I am fine with it. The Government should give full authority to those that it appoints (appointment to MDAs should not be taken lightly), appointees should come with their team.
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by lacasa: 8:45pm On Jul 21, 2012
Chiefpriest: Because nigerians should learn to appreciate intellegent and competent proffesionals at the helms of affair.[color=#990000][/color]

Intelligent n professional my foot grin

Armed robbers n Rogues is more like it wink
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by SPIDER90: 8:49pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mandelaguy: Public servants? Haa! 70% of Naija's problem come from their corruption,manipulations and free spending civil service attitude. If not,all those stolen monies wouldn't have gone without their assistance and contributions. Anyway,those of them that tried to rub Oteh's face in the mud had better watch out(don't come on his forum and call her vindictive o!) no bod will surround himself with enemies,and some of hem have rightly declared themselves so,and why should they even protest her recall?
In Nigeria corruption is in both private and public sector,imo it is more in private only that pubic sector is in public domain that is why more is known about corruption there.
For those that think Oteh is a discplinarian that is why sec staff dont like should have a second thought, akunyili was a discplinarian and fothright on he duty as DG NAFDAC and no one was calling for her head,even the lot of NAFADAC staff turned for good during her regime. In practice, leaders loses their prestige when they dont walk their talks
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by 1025: 9:02pm On Jul 21, 2012
uncle is not a thief but all nigerian thieves are safe under him.
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by lookmangiw(m): 9:19pm On Jul 21, 2012
1025: uncle is not a thief but all nigerian thieves are safe under him.
lauging off my fat ass.
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by sweetgala(m): 9:23pm On Jul 21, 2012
If I may be granted the privilege of refreshing your memories, was this not the lady accused of mismanagement of funds living a life of splendor and grandeur with public taxes.

What she did is called abuse of public office. The parabulations of the SEC staff should not stop due justice being served while a sack might not be necessary a refund of misappropriated funds should be requested, morals and dignity should desire that she offers to do such of her will before asked to so.

We should look back at how many lawmakers in UK parliament lost their seats due to submissions of funds claims which they are not entitled to, they all stepped down rather than be shamefully cast out by their peers or the voters.
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by kokoA(m): 9:37pm On Jul 21, 2012
hercules07: I believe Okonjo Iweala is indulging these guys, I do not particularly like GEJ or even Okonjo Iweala but, once someone has been appointed to a position of authority, he or she should have all the authority that goes with it, Oteh should go non-linear on the behind of all these protesting workers, who are they to determine if their boss should resume, the appointing executive has made its decision and people who are not ready to work with her can resign, on top of this, she is actually performing, I do not care if she is arrogant, as long as she can back it up with performance, then I am fine with it. The Government should give full authority to those that it appoints (appointment to MDAs should not be taken lightly), appointees should come with their team.
Can you please tell me how she is 'performing'? Thesame woman who watched the capital market crashed like a pack of card? Wow! If you call that performance then I name Andokaa the best mister of justice we ever had in Naija.. grin

1 Like

Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by collins011(m): 10:36pm On Jul 21, 2012
afam4eva:
What gibberish are you spewing here for public consumption? What do you mean by: Must she work there? I guess if it's your mother that had that position, you would have uttered such cancerous utterance.

Did the public vote her into the position or was she selected?? So, what business is it with the public on who occcupies that position. I guess in your mind the public are those working there abi?

are u aware we are talking about Nigeria stock exchange?
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by andresia(m): 10:37pm On Jul 21, 2012
afam4eva:
What gibberish are you spewing here for public consumption? What do you mean by: Must she work there? I guess if it's your mother that had that position, you would have uttered such cancerous utterance.

Did the public vote her into the position or was she selected?? So, what business is it with the public on who occcupies that position. I guess in your mind the public are those working there abi?

Silly boy. the public are those whose stocks may come crashing down due to ineptitude and highhandedness. Little boy, again, must she work there? On moral ground alone, she should tender her resignation since her managerial abilities has been questioned. U may just be recommended for a longer ban this time around since u have shown urself, time without number, to be an ethnic bigot.
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by omobaagility: 11:20pm On Jul 21, 2012
wehla: Why should Okonjo Iweala intervene in her behalf?

i tire o ma broda
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by Dotman01(m): 11:24pm On Jul 21, 2012
Billyonaire: Fortunate to have been the best choice for the World Bank job? Do you know what it takes to have a Doctorate degree ? Some people can yarn dust
Ask oga Jonah
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by ubcandid(m): 11:38pm On Jul 21, 2012
ebamma: me thinks the protesting workers were just a rented crowd,when oteh begins work the will be the first to pay her a courtesy visit
hmmmmm
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by Keemy88(m): 12:31am On Jul 22, 2012
The affected staff has reinforced spiritually for her. It will be hard!
afam4eva: That woman go sack people like mad when she eventually resumes duty. God punish satan.
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by Dynamiq(m): 1:45am On Jul 22, 2012
Billyonaire: Why are the staff question the return of their Boss. I guess their Boss is a disciplinarian, Workers hate those who tell them to work hard. They prefer "Owambe Ogas"
Unknown to many people, the woman is the no nonsense type anti-corruption crusader; a very tough woman who's not afraid to step on toes; she reversed many corrupt traditions there and that is the main 'reason' they don't want her back. You wonder why an independent body exonerated her while a group of politicians in a compromised House of Reps want her sacked? Whether she gets back to her seat or not, she should now watch her back.

1 Like

Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by Tropilo(m): 6:13am On Jul 22, 2012
wehla: Why should Okonjo Iweala intervene in her behalf?

Maybe b'cos they both belong to the same Havard Grad Cult (HGC), Beijing Convention Cult (BCC) and 35% Affirmative Cult (35AC).
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 22, 2012
@KokoA point of correction. The market didn't crash under Oteh. Oteh resumed in 2010 after the Market had collapsed under Musa Alfaki d former DG. She's only now trying to stabilise it.
Please get your facts right. Thanks
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by Dansadaumallam(m): 10:22am On Jul 22, 2012
Mandelaguy: Public servants? Haa! 70% of Naija's problem come from their corruption,manipulations and free spending civil service attitude. If not,all those stolen monies wouldn't have gone without their assistance and contributions. Anyway,those of them that tried to rub Oteh's face in the mud had better watch out(don't come on his forum and call her vindictive o!) no bod will surround himself with enemies,and some of hem have rightly declared themselves so,and why should they even protest her recall?
you are wrong brother,90% of the nations problem stems from the civil servants if we must be sincere, because am a civil servant
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by oc2fish: 12:48pm On Jul 22, 2012
I wonder why this talk of inteligency. LOOK this woman live in hotel for eigth months
and live on a meal of 850k per day. I call her own type of inteligency WITCH CRAFT
if she is that intelegent she will know better. How about the wrist watch she ordered
and use for useless P/R. I know if you or your father lost his inheretance thru the
riotus living of this so call intelegent witch you will not remember to fight for her.
INTELIGENT MY FOOT
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by skibochi(m): 12:58am On Jul 23, 2012
if you guys can accept Mrs Jonathan as a perm sec in Bayelsa, then you should as well accept the crap that is coming back to you a la Oteh!! your staff is not happy with you coming back and you guys think she should? the world has gone past all this bunkom!!! and if the lady is wise, she should resign, save her face and hit the international jobs where her credibility is rewarded. Methinks it's more than meet the eye and it is said, for those the gods want to make mad, they allow them dancia!!!
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by mbulela: 9:18am On Jul 23, 2012
Billyonaire: Do you know what it takes to have a Doctorate degree ? Some people can yarn dust
The type GEJ has?
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by AjanleKoko: 11:52am On Jul 23, 2012
Billyonaire: Fortunate to have been the best choice for the World Bank job? Do you know what it takes to have a Doctorate degree ? Some people can yarn dust

You, judging by the posts I see here from you, need to ask yourself that question.
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by hercules07: 12:28pm On Jul 23, 2012
Cherechy: @KokoA point of correction. The market didn't crash under Oteh. Oteh resumed in 2010 after the Market had collapsed under Musa Alfaki d former DG. She's only now trying to stabilise it.
Please get your facts right. Thanks

Thanks for giving the guy correct information, I do not like GEJ or many of his appointed people, but, Oteh has been given a difficult task and as long as she has not stolen money, she should be allowed to do her work, if she is arrogant, no wahala, as long as she can deliver, as per staying in the hotel for 8 months, the excess money should be deducted from her pay and she should be reprimanded.
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by Zutchy: 1:33pm On Jul 23, 2012
It is really annoying that people consider this a big issue,the house of Reps are as biased as they come,Mrs Oteh is doing a very good job,she was given a very big responsibility of stabilizing a wavering and shaky economy and she came into SEC breathing fire,ready to change the old order,set things right and so she wanted to put checks and balances and cut excesses,but the old shrimpled and fat lazy people there who had so gotten used to the posh life that they abandoned their duties and let the economy almost crash in the first place,now don't want that to happen they want things to remain as status quo and so the frustrated goons are now making a ruckus because they have found an ally in NASS who for their own devilish reasons want her out of there,now the ministry of finance and the presidency have carried out all the investigations possible and have found her not be wanting and have decided to let her carry on her beautiful and very commendable work and every body is shouting foul,if they like let them cry blood as Long as Okonjo Iweala felt the need to personally go and tell them to get back to work and shut their traps that the FG was not going back on its reinstatement there is nothing they can do about it but to buckle up and get ready for the ride of their lives.
Re: Oteh's Resumption: Okonjo-iweala Meets SEC Staff by nimi1: 6:55pm On Jul 23, 2012
Ninapha: NOI. Did i hear u well. The FG 'will not go back on her decision'? So whether she is cleared or not is irrelevant. Hmm words are mightier than actions oo. It wd hv been more diplomatic to give d reason for reinstating her. NOI, dont let them destroy what u hv built. As much as i support this govt, not to d detriment of our collective growth.

NOI is concerned about due process and the rule of law. The auditing firm that probed Oteh never convict her of any wrong doing. So why must she be hanged?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adamawa: Fintiri Voids Bindow’s Last-minute Appointments / Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant / Osun APC Reconciliation Team Meets Aregbesola, Oyetola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.