Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,098 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (891922 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tppzzy01(m): 1:08pm On Mar 02, 2017
rainmaker12:

1. Make sure 'a kaseem' has not removed the bulb for your check engine light.
b. If it's intact and no cel light, your fuel pressure is going down due to leak in your full system. That's why you have to turn your key 3 times to build back the pressure before it can start.
There's a return valve in your fuel pump compartment, it can allow fuel escape back to the fuel tank, thereby reducing fuel pressure. Check it.
Check around you fuel rail, and supply hose for slight leaks.
Or better still use a meter and check your fuel pressure, to tell if your pump is ok.

2. That's the reason you are having a bad fuel mileage. If still, no cel.

3. Don't try to use any other atf than honda dw-1, it will give you peace of mind.
b. If no CEL clean the screen filters in
* A/T clutch pressure control solenoid
* shift control solenoid A and B
* lockup control solenoid valve
* second clutch pressure switch
c. I will advice to flush your atf and replace with dw-1

4. You are suppose to get a CEL with all this malfunction, if you are not seeing light on your dash, like I said, make the haven't tampered with your dash bulbs. Iv seen those quacks done it before, so you won't have to be disturbing them about the cause of the light. They feel since the car runs and drive CEL is not needed.

Those are my quoter.

Thanks. I ran a diagnostic test on the car and these are the results : P0300, P0420, P0128. Note that I have done meter check on the fuel pump and its okay. Help out anybody
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kniru: 1:36pm On Mar 02, 2017
1: p0300 : random misfire on cylinders
2: p0420 : check ur o2 sensers, u might need to replace all
3: p0128 : thermostat might be d culprit here.

Contact gazzuz, this should be an easy fix for him...ur car might be consuming fuel due to d faulty o2 sensors..

am just saying based on experience i had on my 08 accord 4cyl..

would do u gud to give a competent hand to handle d issues so they dont damage something else.

regards
kniru

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:43pm On Mar 02, 2017
tppzzy01:

Thanks. I ran a diagnostic test on the car and these are the results : P0300, P0420, P0128. Note that I have done meter check on the fuel pump and its okay. Help out anybody

P300 multiple cylinder misfire. (check spark plugs, coils, injectors, fuel pump.)

P0420 catalytic converter below threshold bank 1. Replace catalyst on bank 1.

P0128 your fans are connected directly and your thermostat removed.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by KFantastic: 3:03pm On Mar 02, 2017
Goodafternoon car gurus, please my honda accord 2013 sport front grill got damaged , i need to know how much it is , also need someone to tell me how much replacing the the engine seat would cost also thanks..

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tushbobo(m): 8:42pm On Mar 02, 2017
tushbobo:
My ogas... Please my honda eod 2005's V6 engine rattles and drags at lower gears... It also rattles when stationary. At higher gears, the rattling and dragging is still present but reduced. What could be the cause?? If you were standing in front of the car, the noise seems to come from the left of the engine... Thanks in advance.

Please... still waiting for a response.Thanks.
cc. gazzuzz, luvinhubby et all
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by yakosteal: 10:15pm On Mar 02, 2017
Hi guys. I need car advice. I drive a Honda accord 2000 (baby boy) and I noticed that the when the car has been driven for some time like during travel or I'm stuck in traffic, it won't rev above 3000rpm anymore. and when travelling it cannot go above 120km/h.if I try to accelerate it just jerks and cuts the speed down to below 100km/hr before it picks up again.
I've been to several mechanics with no solution. I've replaced fuel pumps, changed the thing they call sensors like 6 times. I've replaced like 3 "starting sensors (I think that's the crankshaft sensors. not sure) Iand I've changed like 7 "raising " sensor (I don't know the real name for that one). I have had my fuel pump casing washed with thinner and replaced. in fact I have serviced the injector nozzles several times. still nothing.
To top it all, my obd2 connector isn't working. suspect a fuse is blown and I don't trust the car electricians around.
so if anyone has had a similar problem solved I would really appreciate some guidance.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Umennajiego(m): 12:38am On Mar 03, 2017
Boss, please I need serious advice I have a 2002 honda accord uk spec, stock engine knocked and I it changed...I was unlucky when I got this 2nd one, it started smoking, and burning oil at disastrous rate, lately I starting hearing rattling sounds at the bottom of this engine when I acceleration aggressively...a mech said it's the metal and yeah it burns the plugs way too early....so back to my question should I rebuild or swap

P.s : it still gives me the best of power against muscle and dem big Hondas ...it's a vtec!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tppzzy01(m): 7:03am On Mar 04, 2017
Thank u sir
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:57am On Mar 04, 2017
Umennajiego:
Boss, please I need serious advice I have a 2002 honda accord uk spec, stock engine knocked and I it changed...I was unlucky when I got this 2nd one, it started smoking, and burning oil at disastrous rate, lately I starting hearing rattling sounds at the bottom of this engine when I acceleration aggressively...a mech said it's the metal and yeah it burns the plugs way too early....so back to my question should I rebuild or swap

P.s : it still gives me the best of power against muscle and dem big Hondas ...it's a vtec!

replace and get a written guarantee.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Umennajiego(m): 9:56am On Mar 04, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

replace and get a written guarantee.

The problem is am low on cash and am hoping a rebuild would last till December? den I can an h-series engine
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 7:46am On Mar 05, 2017
tushbobo:

Please... still waiting for a response.Thanks.
cc. gazzuzz, luvinhubby et all

Mine was also doing this a while ago but I use a 4 plug
My mechanic removed the bottom plate, changed my oil pump, changed something called 'metal' and changed my oil filter then everything normalized

I believe the problem with your own is also a failing oil pump
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by depair: 2:30pm On Mar 05, 2017
yakosteal:
Hi guys. I need car advice. I drive a Honda accord 2000 (baby boy) and I noticed that the when the car has been driven for some time like during travel or I'm stuck in traffic, it won't rev above 3000rpm anymore. and when travelling it cannot go above 120km/h.if I try to accelerate it just jerks and cuts the speed down to below 100km/hr before it picks up again.
I've been to several mechanics with no solution. I've replaced fuel pumps, changed the thing they call sensors like 6 times. I've replaced like 3 "starting sensors (I think that's the crankshaft sensors. not sure) Iand I've changed like 7 "raising " sensor (I don't know the real name for that one). I have had my fuel pump casing washed with thinner and replaced. in fact I have serviced the injector nozzles several times. still nothing.
To top it all, my obd2 connector isn't working. suspect a fuse is blown and I don't trust the car electricians around.
so if anyone has had a similar problem solved I would really appreciate some guidance.

your car goes into.limp mode
culprit is probably vtech solenoid

Your oil could be having sludge and oil pump malfunctioning.
but run a scan first
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 8:15am On Mar 06, 2017
yakosteal:

Your engine is probably VTEC which the raising sensor (intake VTEC solenoid and oil switch). It is common for a car with VTEC to enter limb mode from any problem with the system. I have also seen other sensors like camshaft position sensor, etc
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 09, 2017
Hi Gazzuz, my car goes into limp mode when trying to gain speed especially when accelerating. It's kinda sluggish now and after scanning I got cylinder 1 misfire.

Earlier before when I got the limp mode, the culprit was the VANOS solenoid which I replaced and solved the issue. Now the error I got before replacing the solenoid has returned. Error is camshaft sensor mechanical and camshaft sensor stiff.

Fuel pump was replaced last month and it really ade the car so snappy and fast but it's now sluggish. What could be cause of the misfire. I was told to fill my fuel tank and buy Mobil fuel treatment first if that would solve it.

Awaiting your response, thanks

GAZZUZZ:

P300 multiple cylinder misfire. (check spark plugs, coils, injectors, fuel pump.)

P0420 catalytic converter below threshold bank 1. Replace catalyst on bank 1.

P0128 your fans are connected directly and your thermostat removed.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:17pm On Mar 09, 2017
dillinger:
Hi Gazzuz, my car goes into limp mode when trying to gain speed especially when accelerating. It's kinda sluggish now and after scanning I got cylinder 1 misfire.

Earlier before when I got the limp mode, the culprit was the VANOS solenoid which I replaced and solved the issue. Now the error I got before replacing the solenoid has returned. Error is camshaft sensor mechanical and camshaft sensor stiff.

Fuel pump was replaced last month and it really ade the car so snappy and fast but it's now sluggish. What could be cause of the misfire. I was told to fill my fuel tank and buy Mobil fuel treatment first if that would solve it.

seems like a hybrid kekenapep
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 2:50pm On Mar 09, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Na BMW, Na them dey call Variable valve timing system VANOS.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 2:50pm On Mar 09, 2017
dillinger:

Scan that bimmer bro.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:03pm On Mar 09, 2017
kingreign:

Na BMW, Na them dey call Variable valve timing system VANOS.

My confusion is this is a honda thread
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 3:05pm On Mar 09, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

My confusion is this is a honda thread
Make he go open fresh thread or open BMW dedicated thread to detail his car challenges. Honmusa and Mayor2013 will assist him.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 09, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Na BMW 5 series E60 o
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 7:40pm On Mar 09, 2017
dillinger:

Na BMW 5 series E60 o
Go open a fresh thread, stop detailing this thread. Its a Honda dedicated thread.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mistermoi(m): 11:53pm On Mar 09, 2017
Following
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by didymario7(m): 7:54am On Mar 11, 2017
Hello guys, mine is a Honda city 2009.

Drove the Car from Apapa and on getting to ikeja, the oil indicator light appeared on the dashboard. When I got home I checked the oil level and it was good.

This morning I turned on the ignition n started the car and after 5mins the oil indicator light appeared again.

What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

CC
Luvinhubby
GAZZUZZ
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:25am On Mar 11, 2017
didymario7:

Drove the Car from Apapa and on getting to ikeja, the oil indicator light appeared on the dashboard. When I got home I checked the oil level and it was good.

This morning I turned on the ignition n started the car and after 5mins the oil indicator light appeared again.

Thanks in advance.

CC
Luvinhubby
GAZZUZZ

The oil pressure warning lamp indicates low oil pressure. The oil pressure switch could be bad, the oil filter might be clogged, the wiring to the pressure switch could be compromised......

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by didymario7(m): 8:33am On Mar 11, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

The oil pressure warning lamp indicates low oil pressure. The oil pressure switch could be bad, the oil filter might be clogged, the wiring to the pressure switch could be compromised......

Thanks for the prompt response.

What's the cost implication in each of the scenarios you pointed out? I can drive it down to your workshop for proper diagnosis n fixing.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:50am On Mar 11, 2017
didymario7:

Thanks for the prompt response.

What's the cost implication in each of the scenarios you pointed out? I can drive it down to your workshop for proper diagnosis n fixing.

It is unsafe to drive if it is actually an oil pressure related problem. I will suggest you fix it closer to your area.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by didymario7(m): 9:00am On Mar 11, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

It is unsafe to drive if it is actually an oil pressure related problem. I will suggest you fix it closer to your area.

I have had my fair share of terrible mechanics in d past. Could u Pls recommend a good Honda mechanic who can move around??
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by gazzuz(m): 9:17am On Mar 11, 2017
didymario7:

I have had my fair share of terrible mechanics in d past. Could u Pls recommend a good Honda mechanic who can move around??

where is ochuko? grin. At the moment I do not know of any that moves about.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 9:24am On Mar 11, 2017
gazzuz:

Ochuko dey pantaker place cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by didymario7(m): 10:08am On Mar 11, 2017
gazzuz:

OK. Anyone at all will do sir. Just recommend, I will do d rest. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 2:14pm On Mar 11, 2017
kingreign:

Ochuko dey pantaker place cheesy cheesy

Which one is pantaker place again ? cheesy
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 8:10pm On Mar 11, 2017
didymario7:

Thanks in advance.

CC
Luvinhubby
GAZZUZZ

In addition to what GAZZUZZ suggested, i think you should do oil pressure test to be sure oil pump works. If this is bad, your engine will be dead soon if you continue driving.

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.