Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,707 members, 7,831,213 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (897113 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jimohibrahim(m): 5:57am On Feb 16, 2018
PLS OOO, MY FIRST PROBLEM IS ABOUT MY ACCORD 2006 RADIO, THE CD STOPPED WORKING AND I WAS TOLD ITS THE LENS THAT NEEDS TO BE CLEANED OR REPLACED BUT I MAKE USE OF THE RADIO AND MY MP3 PLAYER BUT NOW THE WHOLE RADIO WON'T EVEN TURN ON AGAIN..what might be the cause and solution?

Secondly I notice that whenever I switch on the AC, after starting the car , the car vibrates but stops immediately immediately I start moving and everything is smooth again..should I be worried about the vibration?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tee2faith: 7:50am On Feb 16, 2018
Oga Luvinhubby. Please how much is the exhaust indomie of Honda i4 2003?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by femeritus: 10:44am On Feb 16, 2018
Please how much can I get Honda 2001 Accord engine and gear
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:05pm On Feb 16, 2018
tee2faith:
Oga Luvinhubby. Please how much is the exhaust indomie of Honda i4 2003?

13K - China

25K - Taiwan

48k - Toks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:06pm On Feb 16, 2018
femeritus:
Please how much can I get Honda 2001 Accord engine and gear

4cylinder or V6?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by 9free(m): 6:12pm On Feb 18, 2018
toluxa1:

I have two brand new Launch Creader vii+ in Lagos for N60,000.

Chairman, this will be an overkill for a regular guy who only drives the car from point A to B. I want to believe that he is good with any cheap Chinese OBD II Bluetooth scanner that is available on jumia for less than 3k plus free android app (I recommend Torque or Piston)

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by 9free(m): 6:15pm On Feb 18, 2018
Flyingman:

See as everyone just shun me for this forum. I know we are all busy in this country sha. All man for himself. I might be asking a novice question. I feel that’s why we are here tho, to be enlightened by the professionals. Well oyibo honda forums are helping me troubleshoot the issue.
Bros go to YouTube and search for "how to replace Honda accord power steering o-ring"
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 6:37pm On Feb 18, 2018
9free:

Bros go to YouTube and search for "how to replace Honda accord power steering o-ring"
You want him to go and learn how to do a task that's quite technical? You get mind o.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 6:39pm On Feb 18, 2018
9free:

Chairman, this will be an overkill for a regular guy who only drives the car from point A to B. I want to believe that he is good with any cheap Chinese OBD II Bluetooth scanner that is available on jumia for less than 3k plus free android app (I recommend Torque or Piston)
Its not an over kill stop spoiling people's market. If you're buying buy if you're not buying jump and pass. That tool is a good DIY tool for intermediate levels DIY.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by 9free(m): 10:43pm On Feb 18, 2018
kingreign:

Its not an over kill stop spoiling people's market. If you're buying buy if you're not buying jump and pass. That tool is a good DIY tool for intermediate levels DIY.
My Oga, we are not quarrelling here and for the records, am not spoiling any body business . How you guys expect someone with little technical knowledge to buy an expensive OBD scanner which he may not use more than four times a year amazes me.
The guy is not a professional automobile technician oh.. He just needs a simple and cost effective tool to read, analyze, erase and printtrouble codes. How you want him to spend 60k on it still surprises me.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by 9free(m): 10:47pm On Feb 18, 2018
kingreign:

You want him to go and learn how to do a task that's quite technical? You get mind o.
Bros, I have had the same issue before and after watching some YouTube videos...... I only spent N200 for a common o-ring compared to spending 15k for a new PS Pump as advised by "mechanics" as at then.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ashibelieve: 11:28pm On Feb 18, 2018
I like Honda cars but my saving is to get a FORD or BMW.

New home theatre for sale 19k. No negotiation please. Testing before payment is allowed.

I am relocating...if interested send mail to fashobavee@yahoo.com...i can't put my number here because I can't handle the number of calls.

1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:56pm On Feb 18, 2018
Ashibelieve:
I like Honda cars but my saving is to get a FORD or BMW.

New home theatre for sale 19k. No negotiation please. Testing before payment is allowed.

I am relocating...if interested send mail to fashobavee@yahoo.com...i can't put my number here because I can't handle the number of calls.

You wan sell home theatre for Honda vehicle thread abi?

Na so e dey take start. sad

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 9:12pm On Feb 19, 2018
Flyingman:
I have an issue with my power steering system. It keeps vomiting fluid and this reduces the level making the pump come up with the whining noise. In seeking for a quick cheap fix. I had the hose connecting to the rack replaced and yet the situation hasn’t changed. When it’s observed with engine on. The fluid swirl round with no foaming. When the wheel is turned, it goes up a bit with no vomiting but when driven. A noticeable amount of fluid is observed all over the reservoir.

Do I have a bad power steering pump? The pump has been worked on before but works perfectly when the fluid level is at max. It’s a 2008 4cyl accord. Also, is it normal for the steering fluid to spin heavily in the reservoir?

Hullo Boss,

I think you have some air in the circuit. What you can do is to flush the power steering fluid circuit, to replace all old fluid with fresh one and eliminate air pockets.

Meanwhile, which power steering fluid do you use?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by stinville(m): 8:11am On Feb 20, 2018
My 2005 EOD over heats. The water in the radiator always drys out.I was advised to change the radiator which I did but issue persists. Any advise pls?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by HenryWilliams(m): 6:22pm On Feb 20, 2018
stinville:
My 2005 EOD over heats. The water in the radiator always drys out.I was advised to change the radiator which I did but issue persists. Any advise pls?

Did u Change your radiator cover when buying the new radiator?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by stinville(m): 7:39am On Feb 23, 2018
HenryWilliams:

Did u Change your radiator cover when buying the new radiator?
Yes
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ayogabriel(m): 5:00pm On Feb 23, 2018
jimohibrahim:
PLS OOO, MY FIRST PROBLEM IS ABOUT MY ACCORD 2006 RADIO, THE CD STOPPED WORKING AND I WAS TOLD ITS THE LENS THAT NEEDS TO BE CLEANED OR REPLACED BUT I MAKE USE OF THE RADIO AND MY MP3 PLAYER BUT NOW THE WHOLE RADIO WON'T EVEN TURN ON AGAIN..what might be the cause and solution

Does the radio give any sign before it goes off?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Harbewilliams(m): 8:16pm On Feb 23, 2018
We manage vehicles for people who don't have time to manager their vehicles but want to invest in the e-hailing business (taxify, uber, oga taxi ) years of experience in this business has shaped our ideas.

Call us today for more details on our services, your investment is our priority.

Contact us today
FLEETDRIVE LIMITED
07016682929 ( call or whatsapp )
fleetdrive2016@gmail.com
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jimohibrahim(m): 9:24pm On Feb 23, 2018
ayogabriel:

Does the radio give any sign before it goes off?
It has been repaired. The only problem now is that it's only one of my AC vent that is cold the rest are cold normal air. What could be the cause?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 4:39pm On Feb 24, 2018
jimohibrahim:

It has been repaired. The only problem now is that it's only one of my AC vent that is cold the rest are cold normal air. What could be the cause?

Low refrigerant level. Rule out leaks before a refill.

Cheers!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by HenryWilliams(m): 5:42am On Feb 25, 2018
What can cause a vehicle not to rev beyond 5,000rpn in park? The vehicle seems to cut off just at the 5k rpm mark.
2004 Honda Accord V6
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by perezski(m): 8:45am On Feb 25, 2018
Pls guys my EOD 2003, 4plugs was scanned with the following results P2649,P0331,p0341. The problems i had with the car started when it overheated and i had to change the top gasket according to my mech. Now i observed after changing, my car doesnt fire well, whenever i start the car, it shoots heavily, or when i am driving and trying to accelerate further, it sometimes shoot and the engine will stop in motion while the ignition is on. So it was scanned and my electrical guy said he needed to change some of the injector sensors, which he did and the car, if switched on while on park and accelerated, it now raises beyond 3 at the accelerated point on the dash board. Now the thing is my car still jerks on motion and the electrical guys said i should change the gear box sensor. Guys,gurus pls i need professional help or a recommended Honda service centre in Abuja. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nitt: 12:29pm On Feb 25, 2018
perezski:
Pls guys my EOD 2003, 4plugs was scanned with the following results P2649,P0331,p0341. The problems i had with the car started when it overheated and i had to change the top gasket according to my mech. Now i observed after changing, my car doesnt fire well, whenever i start the car, it shoots heavily, or when i am driving and trying to accelerate further, it sometimes shoot and the engine will stop in motion while the ignition is on. So it was scanned and my electrical guy said he needed to change some of the injector sensors, which he did and the car, if switched on while on park and accelerated, it now raises beyond 3 at the accelerated point on the dash board. Now the thing is my car still jerks on motion and the electrical guys said i should change the gear box sensor. Guys,gurus pls i need professional help or a recommended Honda service centre in Abuja. Thanks

If u wait for a response u will wait for days unlike in the past on Nairaland.

Had an issue, posted it, silence i got... i got luvinhubby on phone, he advised n got me out of a mess.

Since ur in Abuja call Cardoctor - he was one of our top gurus in abuja, think he has deactivated now. He helped my friend wt his car bk then wen i gave him his contacts.

Just call him - 08162907680

There r great guys up in here but maybe it's time or that Nairaland isn't wat it was years bak, that's making tinz dry now.

Goodluck
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 2:11pm On Feb 25, 2018
HenryWilliams:
What can cause a vehicle not to rev beyond 5,000rpn in park? The vehicle seems to cut off just at the 5k rpm mark.
2004 Honda Accord V6

I think its normal.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jimohibrahim(m): 3:05pm On Feb 25, 2018
nas00:

Low refrigerant level. Rule out leaks before a refill.

Cheers!

Okay thanks. Really appreciate
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ayogabriel(m): 4:24pm On Feb 25, 2018
jimohibrahim:

I Have no clue bro
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tppzzy01(m): 9:59am On Feb 26, 2018
Please where and how much can I get a remote control for my NX500 car navigation DVD player. The calibration is not working again. Can it be repair and my DVD lens also? I live in Adobe Ekiti.

Pls note that I post this question here because I also use Honda Accord and I follow the thread bumper to bumper. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tppzzy01(m): 10:02am On Feb 26, 2018
??
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dandollar1: 2:01pm On Feb 26, 2018
Hello,
I have been having this issue with my 2007 Honda Accord I4 for a very long time now, and it is getting worse.

1. The car auto revs on its own in park and neutral . Once you start it, goes Voom! Voom! Voom! With the tach going up and down continously.

2. It jerks with a thud, when changing from park to reverse or from neutral to drive.

3. On motion, the vehicle drives itself as there is no throttle response and does not exceed 40km/hr. There is also a slight thud when it shifts from gear 1-2 and when downshifting too. I can only control it with the brake at this point. The engine sound is also very high.

Initially, this issues happen intermittently , in that, the car would drive well for like a month, and then the issue will come up suddenly, say for 2 days and everything becomes normal afterwards, but it has been very consistent recently and the car is beginning to stall on motion.

Overtime, I have scanned the car and got codes related to throttle body, throttle position sensor,and online checks suggest the culprit could also be a vacuum leak.

I have replaced about 3-4 throttle bodies, the latest being a brand new one I ordered online.I have also replaced my intake tube,ECU, replaced sensor plugs,e.t.c, still the issue has persisted.

Presently, I have codes P2135 and P2176.

I have been going about this diagnosis myself because I stay in bonny island,Rivers State, and here, there are no competent mechanics or auto electricians that can tell me what the problem is.

I would appreciate if anyone with such experience could point out what I could do to resolve the issue or refer me to a very competent auto mech or electrician in port Harcourt that could help me resolve this issue.

Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebestprice(m): 3:08pm On Feb 26, 2018
dandollar1:
Hello,
I have been having this issue with my 2007 Honda Accord I4 for a very long time now, and it is getting worse.

1. The car auto revs on its own in park and neutral . Once you start it, goes Voom! Voom! Voom! With the tach going up and down continously.

2. It jerks with a thud, when changing from park to reverse or from neutral to drive.

3. On motion, the vehicle drives itself as there is no throttle response and does not exceed 40km/hr. There is also a slight thud when it shifts from gear 1-2 and when downshifting too. I can only control it with the brake at this point. The engine sound is also very high.

Initially, this issues happen intermittently , in that, the car would drive well for like a month, and then the issue will come up suddenly, say for 2 days and everything becomes normal afterwards, but it has been very consistent recently and the car is beginning to stall on motion.

Overtime, I have scanned the car and got codes related to throttle body, throttle position sensor,and online checks suggest the culprit could also be a vacuum leak.

I have replaced about 3-4 throttle bodies, the latest being a brand new one I ordered online.I have also replaced my intake tube,ECU, replaced sensor plugs,e.t.c, still the issue has persisted.

Presently, I have codes P2135 and P2176.

I have been going about this diagnosis myself because I stay in bonny island,Rivers State, and here, there are no competent mechanics or auto electricians that can tell me what the problem is.

I would appreciate if anyone with such experience could point out what I could do to resolve the issue or refer me to a very competent auto mech or electrician in port Harcourt that could help me resolve this issue.

Thank you.
sorry
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebestprice(m): 3:13pm On Feb 26, 2018

I use the 04 version of yours, plus the description of where you stay depicts my own area too - Ibafo (not sure you're familiar?).

I got the car last year, due to driving in the rain (flooded and heavily mudded roads) the car now looks like I got it 100yrs back - I will advice when it rains do not drive that car, leave it till the road is ply-able else you risk spending on shaft(C.V joints) all the time, your engine hitting the ground/dragging the engine through water which is bad, ball joints problem, steering arms problem, decolouration of the body to mention a few. I've had to stop driving whenever it rains.

The problems I listed might seem cheap but when it runs non-stop for months with other expenses on the table you'll understand cheesy

All in all, the car is a very solid car if properly maintained and attention is paid to every detail.

Enjoy
hello dude.. you live in ibafo? then we neighbor

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.