Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (894199 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tnktosin(m): 9:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
Anyone has any idea where i can get the lower control arm bushings for '06 Honda pilot?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:59pm On Dec 06, 2013
tnktosin: Anyone has any idea where i can get the lower control arm bushings for '06 Honda pilot?
It`s available. Call me on 08029255299.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tnktosin(m): 11:38pm On Dec 06, 2013
luvinhubby:
It`s available. Call me on 08029255299.
I'd call as soon as i get back Mr Roland. I was the one you sent the ATF and power steering fluid in Benin few weeks ago.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by OPUSDEI1(m): 10:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mine is a 2005 manual honda civic 1.6L. On two occasions I deliberately got to 160km/hr and in a split second all the electricals blinked repeatedly but stopped when I slowed down. Though I dont yet have a reason to speed that much, I will appreciate what would have probably caused the momentary shutdown.Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by akfst(m): 11:39am On Dec 14, 2013
Please wat can I do to make my 99/00 babyboy radio work again. It started requested for code wen I removed d battery n fixed it back. Please help me
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:14pm On Dec 14, 2013
akfst: Please wat can I do to make my 99/00 babyboy radio work again. It started requested for code wen I removed d battery n fixed it back. Please help me
Get a radio technician that will help you to unlock it with a new code.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by musachara: 12:23am On Dec 15, 2013
please someone help me with where i can get a catalytic converter for my babyboy 2001 and price please. i live in calabar. thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by DAY12(m): 11:12pm On Dec 15, 2013
akfst: Please wat can I do to make my 99/00 babyboy radio work again. It started requested for code wen I removed d battery n fixed it back. Please help me

We retrieve back radio code.

Day11

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by realden: 10:28am On Dec 16, 2013
Please where and how much will it cost me to cut a spare key for my Honda CRV 2005 model with Anti-Theft detector.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dgitrader(m): 11:15am On Dec 16, 2013
@Luvinhubby and others
I intend to get a spare key for a 2004 accord its just only one k ey presently
I will like to know the likely cost, any idea pls?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by DAY12(m): 2:29pm On Dec 16, 2013
realden: Please where and how much will it cost me to cut a spare key for my Honda CRV 2005 model with Anti-Theft detector.

Like 20k to 25k, you shld be able to get a spare-key
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lanre2009: 6:36am On Dec 18, 2013
Hi all, i drive a 1999 honda accord, babyboy, the AC has been working well up until now, what happens now is that the AC works for like one and half hours and just cuts off completely, it would stay off till i put it off for like 5 minutes and if i put it back on it works for another 2 or 3 minutes and then cuts off again. I have changed the AC resistor based on the diagonosis of a technician but the problem still persists. Does anyone here know what the problem is. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 2:55pm On Dec 22, 2013
lanre2009: Hi all, i drive a 1999 honda accord, babyboy, the AC has been working well up until now, what happens now is that the AC works for like one and half hours and just cuts off completely, it would stay off till i put it off for like 5 minutes and if i put it back on it works for another 2 or 3 minutes and then cuts off again. I have changed the AC resistor based on the diagonosis of a technician but the problem still persists. Does anyone here know what the problem is. Thanks
There should a thermostat attached to your A/C evaporator, ask your electrician to take a look at it for you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Alayespain: 3:40pm On Dec 24, 2013
@luvinhubby,
It's been 2 days I sent you a mail but I haven't gotten any reply from you till now.. kindly reply pls.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by hasy(m): 7:20pm On Dec 24, 2013
bros i notice some power steering oil leaks in my car (honda accord 98) my mechanic suggested a complete change of steering which is expensive advice pls.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:35pm On Dec 24, 2013
Alaye-spain:
@luvinhubby,
It's been 2 days I sent you a mail but I haven't gotten any reply from you till now.. kindly reply pls.
Have not seen it, pls send again.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 27, 2013
I own a Honda Civic 2002 Ex which I bought off a NLander. Since I got the care the A/C belt is always screeming any time I turn on the engine. I have gone to the mechanic to tighten it, it would be fine then starts making the 'wewewe' sound again after some days of use of the A/C. NB. I had changed the belt following the number rating of the previous (which came with the car) and the problem persists. Any advice...
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olajide8(m): 4:29pm On Dec 27, 2013
MrMexs007: I own a Honda Civic 2002 Ex which I bought off a NLander. Since I got the care the A/C belt is always screeming any time I turn on the engine. I have gone to the mechanic to tighten it, it would be fine then starts making the 'wewewe' sound again after some days of use of the A/C. NB. I had changed the belt following the number rating of the previous (which came with the car) and the problem persists. Any advice...
I experienced same some time ago, you compressor is not tightly fit to the engine tell your technicians to loosen it and re-fit it( fasten it tight) and it must be straight the belt not bending to one side or the other *perpendicular connection* sometimes some of the bolts holding the compressor down may have broken inside so if the screw it tight it would seem as if its tight- because it can not go beyond the broken threading inside the bolt hole, *so, that's the reason they may have to loosen it completely and re-tighten it*
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olajide8(m): 4:31pm On Dec 27, 2013
MrMexs007: I own a Honda Civic 2002 Ex which I bought off a NLander. Since I got the care the A/C belt is always screeming any time I turn on the engine. I have gone to the mechanic to tighten it, it would be fine then starts making the 'wewewe' sound again after some days of use of the A/C. NB. I had changed the belt following the number rating of the previous (which came with the car) and the problem persists. Any advice...
I experienced same some time ago, your compressor is not tightly fit to the engine -tell your technicians to loosen it and re-fit it( fasten it tight) and it must be straight the belt, not bending to one side, or the other *perpendicular connection* -sometimes some of the bolts holding the compressor down may have broken inside so if they screw it tight, it would seem as if its fasten tight- because, the screw on top cannot go beyond, the broken threading inside the bolt hole, *so, that's the reason they may have to loosen it completely and re-tighten it*

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 31, 2013
olajide_07:
I experienced same some time ago, your compressor is not tightly fit to the engine -tell your technicians to loosen it and re-fit it( fasten it tight) and it must be straight the belt, not bending to one side, or the other *perpendicular connection* -sometimes some of the bolts holding the compressor down may have broken inside so if they screw it tight, it would seem as if its fasten tight- because, the screw on top cannot go beyond, the broken threading inside the bolt hole, *so, that's the reason they may have to loosen it completely and re-tighten it*

[size=13pt]Thanks Ola I will do just that, I guess you right nothing else explains why it keeps loosing as I have never worked on the AC so I didnt think the compressor cold be the culprit. But you know how it is, if you didnt get it brand new expect anything. For instance its taking me more than 2years to get an oil dip stick as the one that came with my civic got broken by the happy car wash guy. Now I'm having import a brandnew dip stick for my civic.[/size]
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 31, 2013
hasy: bros i notice some power steering oil leaks in my car (honda accord 98) my mechanic suggested a complete change of steering which is expensive advice pls.

I had that experience in fact the oil kept leaking over my pulley and belt, fixed it by using a plumber white tape to refasten the elbow that connects the power steering pump to the pipe. Just a quick question what area is the leak from?

1. Is it from the elbow that connects to the pump? if yes all you need do is take it to a professional in power steering pumps (as there are not too many of them) or you as a mechanic loosen the elbow and attach a 'pipe thread tape' I think that is what its called. Plumbers use it to secure any possible leak spaces on elbows or pipes.
2. If the leak is from point of connection to the steering hub you may need to check the thread checked or
3. If the leak is from the body of the pump than the pump professional or a smart mechanic can service it for you that is by changing the gasket.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olajide8(m): 9:37am On Jan 01, 2014
MrMexs007:

[size=13pt]Thanks Ola I will do just that, I guess you right nothing else explains why it keeps loosing as I have never worked on the AC so I didnt think the compressor cold be the culprit. But you know how it is, if you didnt get it brand new expect anything. For instance its taking me more than 2years to get an oil dip stick as the one that came with my civic got broken by the happy car wash guy. Now I'm having import a brandnew dip stick for my civic.[/size]
Thanks Happy new year, I also have the same challenge with my gear dip stick- thou I have seen some but they are all joint (worked on)
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:07pm On Jan 04, 2014
Any body with personal or any knowledge on CVT (Constant Velocity Transmission) Gears.
Any useful tip would be appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by alfa0: 10:13am On Jan 07, 2014
Good morning and Happy New year to all,

Please I have a complain and wish the house to help me on this,
I traveled with my Honda ,and i noticed a slight change that made me wonder what was actually wrong.
For records,I traveled from Abuja to Aba,a distance of about 650 km..Normally my temperature gauge has been normal.But this time on getting to about 426km,I noticed that my temperature rose slightly above normal level,knowing i still had a long way ahead,i quickly switched off my AC which has been on all thru.then it came back to normal.When i got to Isiala ngwa junction for people that know the route,i tried the AC again,behold the temperature came up again.i decided to see to the end,i drove it to Aba like that,but it never went above that point.

After xmas,

On my way back this time, It happened at immediately after Obolor Afo,I switched off AC,and drove all through without it,But on getting to somewhere around Abaji,the temperature gauge came up again slightly above normal even without AC,i became worried,i was doing around 120km to 130km,out of fear,i slowed down to about 100km,i noticed it came down to normal again,i never passed that 100km to 110km until i got to Abuja.

The Following morning,I opened my Bonnet ,Behold the water in radiator was still intact,i check the reservoir, the water there was gone ,remaining only small.
i check my oil level everything was ok.So,My question is, what really went wrong.and what is the solution.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:32pm On Jan 07, 2014
alfa0: Good morning and Happy New year to all,

Please I have a complain and wish the house to help me on this,
I traveled with my Honda ,and i noticed a slight change that made me wonder what was actually wrong.
For records,I traveled from Abuja to Aba,a distance of about 650 km..Normally my temperature gauge has been normal.But this time on getting to about 426km,I noticed that my temperature rose slightly above normal level,knowing i still had a long way ahead,i quickly switched off my AC which has been on all thru.then it came back to normal.When i got to Isiala ngwa junction for people that know the route,i tried the AC again,behold the temperature came up again.i decided to see to the end,i drove it to Aba like that,but it never went above that point.

After xmas,

On my way back this time, It happened at immediately after Obolor Afo,I switched off AC,and drove all through without it,But on getting to somewhere around Abaji,the temperature gauge came up again slightly above normal even without AC,i became worried,i was doing around 120km to 130km,out of fear,i slowed down to about 100km,i noticed it came down to normal again,i never passed that 100km to 110km until i got to Abuja.

The Following morning,I opened my Bonnet ,Behold the water in radiator was still intact,i check the reservoir, the water there was gone ,remaining only small.
i check my oil level everything was ok.So,My question is, what really went wrong.and what is the solution.

Thanks.
There are two fans on your radiator, one works as radiator fan and the other as the a/c fan, most likely your a/c fan which is deployed when your a/c starts working is faulty and does not work when your a/c is turned on, start the car and turn on the a/c and check if the two fans are working.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by alfa0: 11:43am On Jan 08, 2014
After running around with the car yesterday,i parked and was about to walk away when i heard a hissing sound in my engine.I opened the bonnet,Behold i saw drops of coolants ,then i began to search,There is this hose that comes from the back of the engine into the hole where you have the temperature sensor.I noticed it was licking.I kept the bonnet on,switch on the engine and inspected both without Ac and i with Ac,behold that seems like the culprit.serious leakage.

I have bought and changed that hose this morning.so am going for a test so as to make sure that is it.please if there is any other suggestions i will appreciate.

thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by CHEECKENGINE: 12:50pm On Jan 08, 2014
cheeck the fans first
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by alfa0: 1:22pm On Jan 08, 2014
The Fans are Working .that was the first thing i checked.

thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by CHEECKENGINE: 7:00pm On Jan 08, 2014
FOLLOW ALL THIS STEPS
Are the fuse for the fan blown? (fuses under the hood and under the dash)
Are coolant flow blocked?
Is the thermostat stuck-closed?
Is the thermostat broken? symptoms, troubleshoot, test
Is the thermostat missing?
Has the air been purged (thru the bleed bolt)?
Is the fan relay working?
Is the fan switch working?
Is the fan working?
Is the radiator cap working? Releasing fluid? Evaporation thru a broken cap?
Is the radiator holding pressure? (leakage?) Solder or seal joints bad?
Is the timing correct?
Are the radiator fins blocked from bugs?
Is the radiator clogged from corrosion?
Is the radiator expelling pressure (Head gasket problem?) or evaporating from the exhaust manifold?
Is the cooling system hoses leaking? Thru pinhole leaks? Look for white dried splash marks inside the engine bay.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by anneki(m): 2:07pm On Jan 10, 2014
you can cut your keys @ Mykeyroom Ventures. Their nos are 08029990359 and 07057222508.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.