Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,585 members, 7,865,426 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:52 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (907920 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (435) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
bjt:
Good afternoon everyone. I was told Oyingbo is the best place for Honda vehicle repairs, is this true? Please how do I locate the place at Oyingbo

I need a reply please
Depends on what you want to do.
Easy to locate.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bjt(m): 11:05pm On Mar 09, 2015
Depends on what you want to do.
Easy to locate.

I want to change out the resurface brake disc of my Honda pilot '05

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:12am On Mar 10, 2015
bjt:

I want to change out the resurface brake disc of my Honda pilot '05

Thanks
Find your way to Oyingbo bus stop through Yaba, ask for Mainland hotel (prominent land mark), drive into their premises & call the no. on my signature.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mrsage(m): 6:44pm On Mar 10, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

you have a misfire, could be from any of the 4cylinders, you could do a drop test to identify the culprit or scan.

when was the last time you replaced your sparkplugs?

Where can i fix this?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mrsage(m): 6:56pm On Mar 10, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

you have a misfire, could be from any of the 4cylinders, you could do a drop test to identify the culprit or scan.

when was the last time you replaced your sparkplugs?

Plugs replaced about 2 months ago
Where can i fix this problem?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Flyingman(m): 10:37pm On Mar 10, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Check fuel pump and sender

Haven't had time yet to check this, I noticed it doesn't jerk anymore even with fuel below 25% but most times it fails to accelerate when I push the gas pedal whilst in motion. it just try to pick up randomly and then respond smoothly. Before now, I never had issues with the fuel system. Car is idling at 1500rpm on cold start and is pretty thirsty aswell. Could it be that the new plugs are substandard or the throttle body needs cleansing? Never had time to supervise my mech when he was changing the top gasket and plugs.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 11, 2015
Flyingman:

Haven't had time yet to check this, I noticed it doesn't jerk anymore even with fuel below 25% but most times it fails to accelerate when I push the gas pedal whilst in motion. it just try to pick up randomly and then respond smoothly. Before now, I never had issues with the fuel system. Car is idling at 1500rpm on cold start and is pretty thirsty aswell. Could it be that the new plugs are substandard or the throttle body needs cleansing? Never had time to supervise my mech when he was changing the top gasket and plugs.

Throtthle body smiley.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rainmaker12(m): 2:59pm On Mar 11, 2015
Pls honda accord error p1456 interpretation.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 11, 2015
rainmaker12:
Pls honda accord error p1456 interpretation.

Use google sir.

Type the year of the accord as well in the search like: honda accord 2020 error P1456
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 10:58pm On Mar 11, 2015
Anyone with a fair idea of the fuel consumption rate of a 2007 Accord?

I'm kinda confused with mine.

Car is fairly tokunbo, registered last year and everything seems perfect with no single stored or pending codes. However, I drive 9km to work and 9km back home. 18km daily but the fuel gauge metre on the instrument panel goes down faster than normal . it was full tank on Monday and after 18km On Monday , 18km on Tuesday and 9km on Wednesday totaling 45km, I had to fill tank with another 37 litres of unleaded around 5:00 pm this evening. Is everything OK?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 11:05pm On Mar 11, 2015
mrsage:
Hello.
I drive a 2009 Honda City but u have a challenge.
Recently i discovered that sometimes when d engine is running but car is parked or in neutral, the car begins to vibrate more.
At this point the check engine light comes on and later goes off after about 30 minutes.

This only happens sometimes especially after a long journey.

What do i do? I also dont have a learned and trusted mechanic.

I dislike Honda place too. Kindly assist.
For city, check the ignition coils and plugs. had similar issue on my office 08 city. Scanning brought out P0135, which is oxygen sensor, but after changing 4 plugs and coils, the car drives smoothly ever since then
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olasha1(m): 5:08pm On Mar 12, 2015
pls house , i have honda civic 2006 Europe speck.d problem is,i hav used it 4 like a year now but after dey change my front & back engine sit due to a slight accident,i discovered that the fuel consumption is high than it was b4,and d 2 front tire is shaking while driving on a rough road even after changing d stablizer leackage..pls i need help
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 12, 2015
Hello NL/Honda fans!

Please I have been thinking of buying a Honda crv 2003 model, what's the issues with this model. I heard something about a crv been recalled for airba, gearbox issues.

How about the typical shaft issue ... is it a forgotten story? Please someone tell me why crv 2003 neatly naija use is a good buy... or otherwise
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Flyingman(m): 10:15pm On Mar 12, 2015
Some mechs are heartless I must say. Just checked my transmission oil and it was completely low. After changing the top gasket and draining my oil. He returned the car to my workplace without tranny oil. All this while I have been driving without it. Chei!!! Guys should I be scared cos I am really?. It's been days now. Would change the tranny oil asap but hope it hasn't damaged my transmission?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:20pm On Mar 13, 2015
davodyguy:

Car is fairly tokunbo, registered last year and everything seems perfect with no single stored or pending codes. However, I drive 9km to work and 9km back home. 18km daily but the fuel gauge metre on the instrument panel goes down faster than normal . it was full tank on Monday and after 18km On Monday , 18km on Tuesday and 9km on Wednesday totaling 45km, I had to fill tank with another 37 litres of unleaded around 5:00 pm this evening. Is everything OK?

45km-37liters? Oh boi u de work for nnpc? There's certainly a problem. Please scan car.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 4:41pm On Mar 13, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

45km-37liters? Oh boi u de work for nnpc? There's certainly a problem. Please scan car.
I may have been wrong. The car is a tokunbo 07. Since i filled the tank, its yet to drop from F after 36km drive
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:44pm On Mar 13, 2015
davodyguy:
I may have been wrong. The car is a tokunbo 07. Since i filled the tank, its yet to drop from F after 36km drive

I see.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:07pm On Mar 15, 2015
Flyingman:
Some mechs are heartless I must say. Just checked my transmission oil and it was completely low. After changing the top gasket and draining my oil. He returned the car to my workplace without tranny oil. All this while I have been driving without it. Chei!!! Guys should I be scared cos I am really?. It's been days now. Would change the tranny oil asap but hope it hasn't damaged my transmission?
If the gear shifts normal then nothing to fear for now at least.
Just top up your transmission fluid to normal level with the recommended atf and observe for a while.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
olasha1:
pls house , i have honda civic 2006 Europe speck.d problem is,i hav used it 4 like a year now but after dey change my front & back engine sit due to a slight accident,i discovered that the fuel consumption is high than it was b4,and d 2 front tire is shaking while driving on a rough road even after changing d stablizer leackage..pls i need help
Probably damaged your O2 sensor in the process of changing the mountings.
The vibration is likely caused by weak tie rods or a bad shock absorber or it's pads.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Flyingman(m): 7:40pm On Mar 16, 2015
luvinhubby:

If the gear shifts normal then nothing to fear for now at least.
Just top up your transmission fluid to normal level with the recommended atf and observe for a while.

Many thanks. I have done all that and it's shifting perfectly well.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 8:49pm On Mar 16, 2015
davodyguy:

Oboi, thats guzzling.

Is your car V6 or L4?

I drive 03 accord approx 70miles everyday with hold ups sometimes A/C but use roughly 15litres per trip. Mind you 03 accord L4 has almost the same consumption with 07 accord L4.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 9:06pm On Mar 16, 2015
adanny01:

Oboi, thats guzzling.

Is your car V6 or L4?

I drive 03 accord approx 70miles everyday with hold ups sometimes A/C but use roughly 15litres per trip. Mind you 03 accord L4 has almost the same consumption with 07 accord L4.

I think I'm getting something wrong. When I fill the tank, I over fill above the cap level till fuel starts dropping from the tank cover.

As soon as I start driving, after 70 miles, the fuel with not move from above F level. after 70 miles, it starts dropping from F faster. So I'm not really sure if its the gauge that's confusing me. My fear is that, once it starts dropping from F, it drops faster, but when its above F, it can remain there for days, without coming down

More DC users can come up with more enlightenment, as this' my first shot at a DC.

Engine capacity is actually I4 2.4litres
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olasha1(m): 1:49pm On Mar 17, 2015
luvinhubby:

Probably damaged your O2 sensor in the process of changing the mountings.
The vibration is likely caused by weak tie rods or a bad shock absorber or it's pads.
thanks 4 d response, but my mech said i will change d airflometer or d plug...pls wat do u see to dat and incase if its d 02 damage as u said,wats d likely solution?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayorall(m): 8:06pm On Mar 17, 2015
Hi house. My Honda bullet uses 11 litres of fuel for 1 hour 30 minutes from Osogbo to Ikire.is this normal please?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 17, 2015
mayorall:
Hi house. My Honda bullet uses 11 litres of fuel for 1 hour 30 minutes from Osogbo to Ikire.is this normal please?

1 hour 30 mins from Osogbo to Ikire??
That is a long time to spend on the journey sir, should not be more than 30-35 mins max. And I mostly pass Moro - Ife - Gbongan- route which is longer than Ode Omu - Gbongan route.

Clean your spark plugs or change them, change air filter - I would have advised you cleaned throttle body but these mechs are very horrible and could create a new set of problems from touching the throttle body.

For me though, 1 hour 30 mins is too long and invariably means more fuel burn to complement the snail speed.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayorall(m): 8:48pm On Mar 17, 2015
9jacrip:

1 hour 30 mins from Osogbo to Ikire??
That is a long time to spend on the journey sir, should not be more than 35-40 mins max.

Clean your spark plugs or change them, change air filter - I would have advised you cleaned throttle body but these mechs are very horrible and could create a new set of problems from touching the throttle body.

For me though, 1 hour 30 mins is too long and invariably means more fuel burn to complement the snail speed.

Thank you. But spending 1hour 30mins journey with 11 litres of fuel too much plus I just serviced my injector?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 17, 2015
mayorall:

Thank you. But spending 1hour 30mins journey with 11 litres of fuel too much plus I just serviced my injector?

Not too much as regards fuel- pardon that.

I meant time duration.

I think the fuel in relation to the time/distance is alright.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayorall(m): 9:29pm On Mar 17, 2015
9jacrip:

Not too much as regards fuel- pardon that.

I meant time duration.

I think the fuel in relation to the time/distance is alright.

Alright sir. But Gbongan road is now under construction. No more straight movement.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 17, 2015
mayorall:

Alright sir. But Gbongan road is now under construction. No more straight movement.

True.
Been a while I visited Osogbo; going tomorrow though from Ibadan then back to Ikire then to Ibadan.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayorall(m): 10:06pm On Mar 17, 2015
9jacrip:

True.
Been a while I visited Osogbo; going tomorrow though from Ibadan then back to Ikire then to Ibadan.

Am happy for that. Will send you message to know how many minutes you spent but don't underrate the journey sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (435) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.