Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,760 members, 7,820,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (893827 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by yak(m): 6:25am On Dec 22, 2021
Collione:

Get your information straight my man. The so called leg from 08 upwards is more reliable. Are you saying that Toyota doesn't pull if not maintained or are you saying that a well maintained Hondas tyre will pull. Don't misinform others please. If you don't know, ask questions.

I'm more frustrated than you are trying to convince people. So, once they come with the leg pulling discussion, I dismiss it by referring them to get their Toyota

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 6:40am On Dec 22, 2021
YeyeBoyfriend:
Good afternoon everyone,
Pls I just scanned my Honda Accord 05 and these codes popped up

cp09747
cp0713

Whats the issue related to such codes

Reason Doe scanning was because when I start the car and put gear on D it takes time to engage

Let your mechanic inspect your transmission solenoids and/or switches and also change your transmission fluid . Use only genuine Honda dw1 fluid from a trusted dealer cos na fake full market

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 6:47am On Dec 22, 2021
yak:

I'm more frustrated than you are trying to convince people. So, once they come with the leg pulling discussion, I dismiss it by referring them to get their Toyota

Lol now I understand your Train of thought. Sometimes it can be annoying but I don't even bother again. Everyone has a right to think like that. Nigerians definition of reliability is drive it till you hear noises everywhere and even if you hear noises drive it some more we forget that all these parts have replacement intervals.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 6:48am On Dec 22, 2021
Get your vehicle scan tool today. Do not wait for a mechanic to use your car as a target practice before you do.

Price is #5k only
Delivery is nationwide

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 6:51am On Dec 22, 2021
lumide533:
Hello guru in the house,

I use honda pilot 2006, for a month now i noticed when i brake within speed limit 20-40km/hr after driving on highway at 80-100km/hr, there is this clamping sound i hear from both back leg of my vehicle.

This sound occur simultaneously occasionally or one after the other on both leg. It is now irritating to hear.

I need your advise on what to do. My mechanic has checked the brake and didn’t see anything wrong.

He is suggesting changing all the bushing at the back leg which means he will remove the leg completely to change them.

Im scared of all this mechanic and their way of troubleshooting make i no waste money.

Sorry about your experience unfortunately it's hard to diagnose your vehicle's issue online. If you are in Lagos I have a great mechanic that can resolve your issue without stress
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 6:52am On Dec 22, 2021
Collione:

The error code is pointing to your ECM relay. Get a professional rewire to check every fuse and relay in the vehicles fuse box located in the engine bay and let him replace the ECM relay
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by skywalker240(m): 7:35am On Dec 22, 2021
Speaking of wheels, please what the price of OEM bushings and Belgium bushings for Honda Civic

@luvinhubby, kingreign, heavenlybang, presegs
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tolajay: 8:07am On Dec 22, 2021
My oil life percentage got to 0% really fast, and I have only driven like 2000 miles after changing the oil in September.

In fact, it's now at -50.

But the oil level on the dipstick is still much but thw dashboard oil life percentage is already low.

Must i change the oil ASAP?

Your thoughts please Collione luvinhubby, kingreign, heavenlybang, presegs
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by emadamysy: 8:17am On Dec 22, 2021
tolajay:
My oil life percentage got to 0% really fast, and I have only driven like 2000 miles after changing the oil in September.

But the oil level on the dipstick is still much but thw dashboard oil life percentage is already low.

Scan and clear the error codes, It happed to my 08 Accord.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tolajay: 8:37am On Dec 22, 2021
Thanks.

Just cleared the codes now but the -50 oil life and service spanner are still on the dashboard.

emadamysy:
Scan and clear the error codes, It happed to my 08 Accord.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by emadamysy: 8:41am On Dec 22, 2021
What device are you using to clear this codes? I had a technician do this last week and it cleared
tolajay:
Thanks.

Just cleared the codes now but the -50 oil life and service spanner are still on the dashboard.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tolajay: 8:42am On Dec 22, 2021
I used a scanner.

emadamysy:
What device are you using to clear this codes? I had a technician do this last week and it cleared
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by emadamysy: 8:53am On Dec 22, 2021
Lets wait for the Gurus. Thanks
tolajay:
I used a scanner.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 9:51am On Dec 22, 2021
tolajay:

So when you serviced it initially, did you rest the oil life monitor back to 100 percent because it doesn't do so automatically. And what engine oil are you using.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tolajay: 10:32am On Dec 22, 2021
Sure, I reset the counter to 100%.

Used Performance Plus Oil.

The degradation happened so fast.

Collione:

So when you serviced it initially, did you rest the oil life monitor back to 100 percent because it doesn't do so automatically. And what engine oil are you using.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Aaaaarghmed(m): 10:58am On Dec 22, 2021
yak:

É dey pull leg. There's nothing they can do about it. Please buy the Toyota that doesn't pull leg at all
stop misinforming.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by temi4fash(m): 11:39am On Dec 22, 2021
Please i use to use Honda Oil for my Honda City Service but due to the high cost of the oil, Can you please recommend another oil that i can use for it.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by YeyeBoyfriend: 12:11pm On Dec 22, 2021
Collione:

Let your mechanic inspect your transmission solenoids and/or switches and also change your transmission fluid . Use only genuine Honda dw1 fluid from a trusted dealer cos na fake full market
alright sir, thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by DMechyy: 12:39pm On Dec 22, 2021
tolajay:

You probably didn't do a reset the oil was changed.

Writing down the mileage at the point of change and schedule the next change at a particular mile helps with keeping tabs.

What grade of oil did you use
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tolajay: 1:47pm On Dec 22, 2021
I did the reset after the oil was changed. It was back to 100%.

Mileage was at 200500, now it's at 202200.

Oil grade was 5W-30 SEA, Performance Plus.

DMechyy:

You probably didn't do a reset the oil was changed.

Writing down the mileage at the point of change and schedule the next change at a particular mile helps with keeping tabs.

What grade of oil did you use
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 2:08pm On Dec 22, 2021
tolajay:
Sure, I reset the counter to 100%.

Used Performance Plus Oil.

The degradation happened so fast.

What I do know is that the oil minder is fairly accurate/reliable. It uses sensors to determine if the oil is still in top shape based on trips, temperature, speed and other variables. Short trips and stop and go traffic wears oil faster. I'd suggest you change your oil soon since you have done 2k miles anyway you can push it to 2500 or 3k so long as the oil is fully synthetic but my real advice is to service your car to avoid stories that touch. Engine cost my guy
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 2:10pm On Dec 22, 2021
temi4fash:
Please i use to use Honda Oil for my Honda City Service but due to the high cost of the oil, Can you please recommend another oil that i can use for it.

Any world renowned fully synthetic brand will do. But in reality most are expensive. Avoid name brands that are unheard of . And please only buy from a reliable source.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tolajay: 3:43pm On Dec 22, 2021
Omo, the matter tire me oooo. Thank you.

Meanwhile, how often do you advise the change of transmission oil? Last I changed was in July. The dipstick level still looks fine.

Collione:

What I do know is that the oil minder is fairly accurate/reliable. It uses sensors to determine if the oil is still in top shape based on trips, temperature, speed and other variables. Short trips and stop and go traffic wears oil faster. I'd suggest you change your oil soon since you have done 2k miles anyway you can push it to 2500 or 3k so long as the oil is fully synthetic but my real advice is to service your car to avoid stories that touch. Engine cost my guy
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by agoodman(m): 4:50pm On Dec 22, 2021
Hi guys. I use a 2008 Honda Accord which I got toks two months ago. I serviced it 3 weeks ago with Mobil 1 and engine oil life is already at 50 percent just under 3 weeks. I want to know if I can reset it back to 100 percent when it gets to 20 percent because Mobil 1 is expensive and I can't be servicing the car with Mobil 1 every two months.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Felakezman(m): 5:38pm On Dec 22, 2021
Anyone knows a good rewire that can redirect my fan back to factory setting...fagba abule egba environs... Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mejai(m): 10:43pm On Dec 22, 2021
agoodman:
Hi guys. I use a 2008 Honda Accord which I got toks two months ago. I serviced it 3 weeks ago with Mobil 1 and engine oil life is already at 50 percent just under 3 weeks. I want to know if I can reset it back to 100 percent when it gets to 20 percent because Mobil 1 is expensive and I can't be servicing the car with Mobil 1 every two months.
This is the reason I question those oil rating and oil change interval. Those oils are damn expensive in this part of the world. And Honda requires u change @3000km (by then oil percent is @ 5%). Then u are expected to Change the oil again?
Na wa o.
@Dru23, what do u have to say considering extended oil mileage/performance?
Can one neglect the oil reminder? ASsuming one decides to use extended Mobil 1, 5w20 or whatever.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dru23(m): 11:33pm On Dec 22, 2021
mejai:

This is the reason I question those oil rating and oil change interval. Those oils are damn expensive in this part of the world. And Honda requires u change @3000km (by then oil percent is @ 5%). Then u are expected to Change the oil again?
Na wa o.
@Dru23, what do u have to say considering extended oil mileage/performance?
Can one neglect the oil reminder? ASsuming one decides to use extended Mobil 1, 5w20 or whatever.

I think in most cases u have to manually set the oil reminder to whatever time u want to change ur oil.
Now for Infiniti 2011 .. I manually set it to remind me to change oil and filter every 7k miles... So cars that are lower than 2011 models, I don't how such works for them . but I don't think any car can tell you automatically when your oil is bad or needs changing. But I know if your car is running very and I mean very low on oil . The sensor will pick it up and alert of low oil .........

And I was tell people when using oil with longer intervals like say 20k miles oil . Always cut it into half and change it every 10k miles regardless of driving conditions . This is the method I use for my Honda Civic cars on uber. I change oil every 3months or 10k miles whichever ones comes first . And I use High grade filter
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 12:10am On Dec 23, 2021
tolajay:
Omo, the matter tire me oooo. Thank you.

Meanwhile, how often do you advise the change of transmission oil? Last I changed was in July. The dipstick level still looks fine.

So long as you are using the original dw1 it will last however if the transmission fluid is pink then you are good but brown means it's oxidizing and needs replacement soon

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rennylaw(m): 12:31am On Dec 23, 2021
Good morning house.

I use a Honda accord 2005 EOD. Ever since I bought a new compressor for the AC, the car's engine trembles seriously once I turn on the Ac and the engine is idle. But it runs perfectly if the car is in motion.

I have checked the engine mounts, and they are still okay. Can you please provide a hint on what the issue is and how to fix it.

Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 1:58am On Dec 23, 2021
rennylaw:
Good morning house.

I use a Honda accord 2005 EOD. Ever since I bought a new compressor for the AC, the car's engine trembles seriously once I turn on the Ac and the engine is idle. But it runs perfectly if the car is in motion.

I have checked the engine mounts, and they are still okay. Can you please provide a hint on what the issue is and how to fix it.

Thank you
Is it a 4 or 6 cylinder engine? When last did you service your throttle body

What are your engines rpms when warm both before and after you switch the ac on
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Igemburg(m): 3:12am On Dec 23, 2021
sandammy:
Please enlighten me here my Ogas. I have two issues

1. My 2007 Europe civic radiator fan start rolling immediately the car is started even when the engine has not warmed up. The car is 9ja used bought. Does it mean the thermostat has been removed? I'm planning to refill the radiator with coolant as it's only water in it.

2. I also noticed that anytime I put on the AC, i don't immediately feel it until after some minutes and when car is idle and I put on the AC, I kinda hear some sound coming from the engine by the passenger side like a running or boiling water. If I step outside the car, I don't hear this same sound only while inside.
Please I need explanation and guide on what to do to rectify these two issues

For no 1, it means the fan have been connected directly

2. That sounds looks like pulley is bad, from experience tho, check with a reliable mechanic
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rennylaw(m): 8:33am On Dec 23, 2021
Conner44:

Is it a 4 or 6 cylinder engine? When last did you service your throttle body

What are your engines rpms when warm both before and after you switch the ac on

Thank you so much for this quick response. The car has a 4 cylinder engine.

The mechanic working on it has fiddled a lot with the injector mouth that houses the throttle body and when the car wants to accelerate at times it feels like it is loosing power . Again if I turn off the engine and I am about to turn it off almost immediately, it comes on but I will have to press the acceleration pedal very hard before it comes fully to life.

Rpm when warm is 900 rpms but when the ac is turned on it goes back to 500 rpms.

Thank you once again as I anticipate your response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.