Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,324 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (898436 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sonssyo: 10:56am On Oct 19, 2022
vivalavida:

Try jiji

Thanks for the insight
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bjt(m): 1:31am On Oct 20, 2022
Please how much is 2009 Honda Ridgeline steering rack, new or tokunbor?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by groovie(m): 3:49am On Oct 20, 2022
@Conner44 are you a mech? If you are, i would like to private chat you please. If you aren't i still want to private chat you smiley
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 4:58am On Oct 20, 2022
groovie:
@Conner44 are you a mech? If you are, i would like to private chat you please. If you aren't i still want to private chat you smiley

WhatsApp only 0708 381 2682
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by groovie(m): 7:00am On Oct 20, 2022
Conner44:

WhatsApp only 0708 381 2682

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 10:15am On Oct 21, 2022
bjt:
Please how much is 2009 Honda Ridgeline steering rack, new or tokunbor?

Fix your rack and continue having peace of mind. Don't just meet anyhow person. Let a professional fixer handle it. Ask for a warranty if you must. For the first 2 months use oando at for for the steering just for test proposes. If it passed, kindly get the original Honda power steering fluid

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ak22(m): 10:08pm On Oct 21, 2022
My Honda Civic 07 AC used to be chilled well we'll before but now is no chi talkless of chill .
And is not licking I have top the gas same na ni. please what do I need to check ?My AC guy said is ok but I know that is not ok
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Snrman1: 3:20pm On Oct 22, 2022
Hello house my honda accord 08 goes off when I put on the ac, I would like to know what the issue is, I went for a scan they said its the air flow meter and it was cleaned still yet my car stuttles when I put on the ac any help please
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 3:48pm On Oct 22, 2022
Snrman1:
Hello house my honda accord 08 goes off when I put on the ac, I would like to know what the issue is, I went for a scan they said its the air flow meter and it was cleaned still yet my car stuttles when I put on the ac any help please

Guess work. What are your short fuel trim and long fuel trim when the vehicle is @ optimum temperature. A scan isn’t enough in today’s diagnosis of contemporary vehicles
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 6:04pm On Oct 22, 2022
Snrman1:

Scan the car and post the results
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sonssyo: 12:37pm On Oct 23, 2022
vivalavida:

I endured for one week before buying a new amplifier for 35k. That one week of no music in the car was hell. I hated my car then.

I have eventually bought another one @40k here in Onitsha
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vivalavida(m): 12:55pm On Oct 23, 2022
sonssyo:

I have eventually bought another one @40k here in Onitsha
Was that the issue with the car stereo?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sonssyo: 6:52pm On Oct 23, 2022
vivalavida:

Was that the issue with the car stereo?

It got burnt, but I will repair it sha,thou I have bought a new one
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vivalavida(m): 8:16pm On Oct 23, 2022
sonssyo:

It got burnt, but I will repair it sha,thou I have bought a new one
Alright.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Donsheddy: 9:01pm On Oct 23, 2022
Please someone is trying to get Honda Odyssey 2010

Please I want to know what the maintenance is all about....
The dos and donts ...
What to check out for before buying please....
The availability of it's parts....
And common issues related to it....
Please
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by docphresh(m): 4:22pm On Oct 24, 2022
I need Honda dw1 original oil
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by zotorux(m): 9:25pm On Oct 24, 2022
Good evening, please I was driving to work today, then I noticed the D light started blinking and the car was misfiring. I have to put it on D3 to drive. Please what could be wrong?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 9:41pm On Oct 24, 2022
zotorux:
Good evening, please I was driving to work today, then I noticed the D light started blinking and the car was misfiring. I have to put it on D3 to drive. Please what could be wrong?

Take it for a drive tomorrow and hope it doesn’t behave like it did again. If it does then you’d need to scan the vehicle for fault codes
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by zotorux(m): 10:29pm On Oct 24, 2022
Conner44:

Take it for a drive tomorrow and hope it doesn’t behave like it did again. If it does then you’d need to scan the vehicle for fault codes

Thank you sir.
I have a friend that has the scanner, he deals with cars so he helped me scanned it earlier today when I was at work. He said the O2 sensors came out bad. Then we checked the water and noticed it was dry. So we topped the water and all. When you initially start driving it would be fine then after some minutes the issue would come up.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vivalavida(m): 10:35pm On Oct 24, 2022
zotorux:

Thank you sir.
I have a friend that has the scanner, he deals with cars so he helped me scanned it earlier today when I was at work. He said the O2 sensors came out bad. Then we checked the water and noticed it was dry. So we topped the water and all. When you initially start driving it would be fine then after some minutes the issue would come up.

Look for a high end scanner that can scan the transmission. Probably your friend has just a portable Bluetooth scanner.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by zotorux(m): 12:53pm On Oct 25, 2022
vivalavida:

Look for a high end scanner that can scan the transmission. Probably your friend has just a portable Bluetooth scanner.
Thanks boss. I’ve dropped it with a mechanic now tho.
They’re talking about transmission fluid change. Any good one to recommend? It’s an Accord 08
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 2:45pm On Oct 25, 2022
zotorux:

Thanks boss. I’ve dropped it with a mechanic now tho.
They’re talking about transmission fluid change. Any good one to recommend? It’s an Accord 08

Get the recommended dw1 fluid from @luvinhubby
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Rotepim: 4:13pm On Oct 25, 2022
Pls I have an issue with honda accord 2008, 4 cylinder.

Was driving when suddenly, it stopped on the road , it cranks on each trial , but engine wont start.

An electrician and mechanic were called.

Discovered fuel was getting to the engine meaning the fuel pump was ok.

Checked/Tested the spark plugs with the ignition coil and discovered that there was no sparks at the plug head.
Suspecting it was a current issue.

All other sensors connection that was seen still looked connected.

Scanned diagnosis brought like 66 errors codes ,

We suspected brainbox, we brought another brainbox , called someone to program the brainbox. The car started, tried moving front and back, the car moved . BUT THE DRIVE GEAR KEEPS BLINKING.

The brainbox programmer said its because the last serial digit on the new ECM was not exact.

We rescanned with the new ECM and error codes was reduced to 5 error codes

So pls I want to know-
- if the problem is really the brainbox or should another electrician check for something else?

-Can the old brainbox be fixed?

-How much is cost of Honda Accord 2008 brainbox (pple are telling me 170k, which I think is expensive)?

-Finding the exact brainbox has been difficult in PH, what guarantees do I have on brainbox brought from outside the state (Lagos,Onitsha).

Pls help
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Namzy(m): 5:52pm On Oct 25, 2022
Rotepim:
Pls I have an issue with honda accord 2008, 4 cylinder.

Was driving when suddenly, it stopped on the road , it cranks on each trial , but engine wont start.

An electrician and mechanic were called.

Discovered fuel was getting to the engine meaning the fuel pump was ok.

Checked/Tested the spark plugs with the ignition coil and discovered that there was no sparks at the plug head.
Suspecting it was a current issue.

All other sensors connection that was seen still looked connected.

Scanned diagnosis brought like 66 errors codes ,

We suspected brainbox, we brought another brainbox , called someone to program the brainbox. The car started, tried moving front and back, the car moved . BUT THE DRIVE GEAR KEEPS BLINKING.

The brainbox programmer said its because the last serial digit on the new ECM was not exact.

We rescanned with the new ECM and error codes was reduced to 5 error codes

So pls I want to know-
- if the problem is really the brainbox or should another electrician check for something else?

-Can the old brainbox be fixed?

-How much is cost of Honda Accord 2008 brainbox (pple are telling me 170k, which I think is expensive)?

-Finding the exact brainbox has been difficult in PH, what guarantees do I have on brainbox brought from outside the state (Lagos,Onitsha).

Pls help

You should have put back the old brain box and do another scan
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Originakalokalo(m): 4:27am On Oct 26, 2022
Good morning everyone.

Special thanks to those who provide help here.

Presently, my exhaust was worked on and a day after I got P0401 error code. The car is Honda Accord 2007.

The error code points at EGR.

1. Can I travel with this and fix it when I return? How serious is this?

2. What are the things to check before replacing the component?

Please kindly respond. Thank you.

Cc: GAZZUZZ
Kingreign

Others.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by zotorux(m): 11:28am On Oct 26, 2022
Conner44:

Still on this sir, the mechanic changed the transmission fluid and some seals. He told me they don’t wanna tamper with the gear, so I was asked to be driving it on D3 (which I’m not so comfortable with) please does driving on D3 have any repercussions?

And the issue still persists. I still have the “D” blinking and the car rises as high as 4k rpm which I don’t think it’s normal. Makes the car sound like it’s over working.

I’m still going to do a scan and get the codes. But please if anyone has any opinion/experience on this before I proceed.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vivalavida(m): 11:49am On Oct 26, 2022
zotorux:

Still on this sir, the mechanic changed the transmission fluid and some seals. He told me they don’t wanna tamper with the gear, so I was asked to be driving it on D3 (which I’m not so comfortable with) please does driving on D3 have any repercussions?

And the issue still persists. I still have the “D” blinking and the car rises as high as 4k rpm which I don’t think it’s normal. Makes the car sound like it’s over working.

I’m still going to do a scan and get the codes. But please if anyone has any opinion/experience on this before I proceed.
Did your car swim through flood?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by zotorux(m): 11:53am On Oct 26, 2022
vivalavida:

Did your car swim through flood?

No it didn’t.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vivalavida(m): 12:01pm On Oct 26, 2022
zotorux:

No it didn’t.

Mine swam through flood sometime in late July and I had my D blinking and my car notifcation was giving me check transmission message.I took it to my mech. He said my fluid was due for change. I changed it and drove it out. 2 or 3 mins later, it started blinking again. I took it back. He took out the gear solenoids and used carb cleaner to clean them very well. Fixed it back. That day I left his shop by 8pm. It didn't blinking again. One week later it blinked. We took it for a scan and I saw an error code. The guy cleared it and we took it for a drive. It has not blinked again since that late July to early August I tackled it. I have gone twice to scan it after that time and no error code on the transmission since then. No check transmission message notification from my car too.
You have to use a high end scanner to scan tho.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by zotorux(m): 12:46pm On Oct 26, 2022
vivalavida:

Mine swam through flood sometime in late July and I had my D blinking and my car notifcation was giving me check transmission message.I took it to my mech. He said my fluid was due for change. I changed it and drove it out. 2 or 3 mins later, it started blinking again. I took it back. He took out the gear solenoids and used carb cleaner to clean them very well. Fixed it back. That day I left his shop by 8pm. It didn't blinking again. One week later it blinked. We took it for a scan and I saw an error code. The guy cleared it and we took it for a drive. It has not blinked again since that late July to early August I tackled it. I have gone twice to scan it after that time and no error code on the transmission since then. No check transmission message notification from my car too.
You have to use a high end scanner to scan tho.

Thank you very much. The pretty much sums up my problem. But one question tho, when the D light starts blinking does it stop your car from accelerating? Cuz when mine starts blinking it’s zero acceleration. I have to use the D3.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vivalavida(m): 1:01pm On Oct 26, 2022
zotorux:

Thank you very much. The pretty much sums up my problem. But one question tho, when the D light starts blinking does it stop your car from accelerating? Cuz when mine starts blinking it’s zero acceleration. I have to use the D3.
Yes, I had acceleration issues. I had to depress my throttle pedal more to get it running. Even at that, It was not moving as it ought to.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by zotorux(m): 1:26pm On Oct 26, 2022
vivalavida:

Yes, I had acceleration issues. I had to depress my throttle pedal more to get it running. Even at that, It was not moving as it ought to.

That’s exactly the same issues I’m facing. Please where is your location?

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.