Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (898039 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by TRADELYN: 7:08pm On Jan 29, 2023
@image attached
Is this overheating sign?

Please what can cause this as it appears once the engine is turned on?

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 9:49pm On Jan 29, 2023
williams20:

Thanks for your reply , I took it for a paint job. Engine oil was due and I replaced oil but check engine didn't leave so I scanned and the codes popped up.

Could it be the 02 sensors or is it catalytic converter
Was the light there before going for the paint job?
Well, take the car to your mechanic to inspect and change defective components.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 9:52pm On Jan 29, 2023
TRADELYN:
@image attached
Is this overheating sign?

Please what can cause this as it appears once the engine is turned on?
Car make, model, and year?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by TRADELYN: 9:53pm On Jan 29, 2023
jceesquare:

Car make, model, and year?
09 Honda City
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 7:04am On Jan 30, 2023
TRADELYN:

09 Honda City
It means your car has not warmed up to optimum temperature and mostly likely still in open loop. If your thermostat is still intact and the fan is not running permanently on, it should go off after few minutes of starting the car when the coolant had warmed up enough.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by TRADELYN: 9:28am On Jan 30, 2023
Very true, thanks.
I thought it was overheating.
jceesquare:

It means your car has not warmed up to optimum temperature and mostly likely still in open loop. If your thermostat is still intact and the fan is not running permanently on, it should go off after few minutes of starting the car when the coolant had warmed up enough.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Imuetic(m): 3:00pm On Feb 01, 2023
an0daGuy:

P0420 code means your catalyst needs checking and P0011 means your engines bank 1 intake camshaft is advanced. Your camshaft sensor might need checking for this one and pray it does not mean worse. You’d finally need to scan the car to know more.

Did the vibration from use of the ac and driving at those speeds start at the same time?

About vibrations from using the ac it may be something simple like your throttle body needing some cleaning. If that wasn’t it then you can check your belts and the compressor itself to know if they are okay. Vacuum leaks cause vibrations too so check if some air hoses or connections are loose or broken/torn in your engine bay.

About driving and noticing vibrations at exactly those speeds you mentioned (not more or less) then it might be you need to first check your tyres for signs of deformity. If they are all okay then consider rotating them and going for wheel balancing and alignment also don’t forget to make sure your suspension components are all good as you take each tyre out of the wheel well during rotation.

Hi, please my Corolla 2010 had vibration issues. I have changed all engine mounts, still vibrates. It doesn't vibrate when idle or on neutral. And it vribates more when the ac is on. When in traffic i always have to put the car on neutral. What more can i do please? Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 5:07pm On Feb 01, 2023
Imuetic:

Hi, please my Corolla 2010 had vibration issues. I have changed all engine mounts, still vibrates. It doesn't vibrate when idle or on neutral. And it vribates more when the ac is on. When in traffic i always have to put the car on neutral. What more can i do please? Thanks

You have a compromised AC system. Revert back to factory setting
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 7:45pm On Feb 01, 2023
Imuetic:

What's the repair history?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vivalavida(m): 8:30pm On Feb 01, 2023
Imuetic:

When I had this issue with my car, I found out one of my fans was not working. Immediately they put a new fan, it stopped. Then if I was on motion, the ac works perfectly. But if I slow down or get into a traffic, my rpm starts fluctuating, the vibrations become much that I have to put off the AC. When i got to my mech after somedays, they discovered one fan wasn't working. I changed it and it stopped.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Laycon1(m): 10:43pm On Feb 03, 2023
Hello Gurus in the House, I intend changing the engine in my Honda Accord 2008 SULEV I4. Please I need an estimate of what I should budget for as follows..
1. Complete engine with accessories, or
2. Only engine with the accessories.
3. Cost of haulage to Akure, Ondo state.
Thanks in anticipation.
Cc
Luvinghubby
Radautos
gazzuz
Cornner44
Kingreign
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Egbedrewstrings: 6:38am On Feb 05, 2023
Hi best Auto engineers available here
My Honda accord 2005 American spec (EOD) 4plugs doesn’t accelerate properly
Once I slow down and try to accelerate I’ll have to be patient a bit before it gets up to speed and once it does, it just picks up once.
Once the AC is on it becomes worse, cos it’ll seem like the AC is slowing the engine down
I’ve tried countless mechanics, non seem to be able to get the problem.
Please anyone with any idea on a possible solution?
Also please how much is steering rack for Honda accord 2005 American spec (EOD) 4plugs
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 2:39pm On Feb 05, 2023
Egbedrewstrings:
Hi best Auto engineers available here
My Honda accord 2005 American spec (EOD) 4plugs doesn’t accelerate properly
Once I slow down and try to accelerate I’ll have to be patient a bit before it gets up to speed and once it does, it just picks up once.
Once the AC is on it becomes worse, cos it’ll seem like the AC is slowing the engine down
I’ve tried countless mechanics, non seem to be able to get the problem.
Please anyone with any idea on a possible solution?
Also please how much is steering rack for Honda accord 2005 American spec (EOD) 4plugs

Do you have the check engine light on? Also have you checked if your exhaust flow is excellent
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 4:56pm On Feb 05, 2023
Laycon1:
Hello Gurus in the House, I intend changing the engine in my Honda Accord 2008 SULEV I4. Please I need an estimate of what I should budget for as follows..
1. Complete engine with accessories, or
2. Only engine with the accessories.
3. Cost of haulage to Akure, Ondo state.
Thanks in anticipation.
Cc
Luvinghubby
Radautos
gazzuz
Cornner44
Kingreign
DM pls.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Egbedrewstrings: 8:53pm On Feb 05, 2023
Collione:

Do you have the check engine light on? Also have you checked if your exhaust flow is excellent

The Check Engine light is on and the Exhaust flows well
I’ve even taken it to a mechanic to check if it’s blocked but they said it’s not m, it’s working well
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Egbedrewstrings: 8:56pm On Feb 05, 2023
Collione:

Thanks so much for your swift reply

I’ve even taken it to a mechanic to check if it’s blocked but they said it’s not m, it’s working well

Please drop your phone number so I can call you for a smoother and swift conversation

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 9:18pm On Feb 05, 2023
Egbedrewstrings:

Thanks so much for your swift reply

Please drop your phone number so I can call you for a smoother and swift conversation

Thanks

Scan the car
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Egbedrewstrings: 9:43pm On Feb 05, 2023
Collione:

Scan the car

Scan always show only o2 sensor
Scanned it severally, initially it showed something like Cramshaft sensor or so

I was told to change it which I did but same issue
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ajakuai(m): 9:51pm On Feb 05, 2023
Structuralman:

P0141 means your downstream O2 sensor is bad/faulty. Let your rewire rectify it.

Please I need your urgent response on this: my brother's 06 Civic car I use most times is giving us headache.

The water reservoir dries water and overheat set in.

The temperature gauge is recently started fluctuating.

And lastly, how much is the price of gear box in Onitcha?

His mechanic said he has a dealer who said it's #90k. Pls is this price ok or higher?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ajakuai(m): 10:17pm On Feb 05, 2023
kingreign:

DM pls.

Please are you in Onitcha? Help me with the price of O6 Civic gear box in onitcha.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Egbedrewstrings: 11:50am On Feb 06, 2023
kingreign:

DM pls.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ErnieUC(m): 8:35pm On Feb 06, 2023
Hi Team, Please kindly support.

I have a Honda Accord 2009 Car.

The bottom of the car has rusted, several holes are visible, and you can only lift the car to change the tyre from the tyre frame itself.

I have also been recently told that the back beam has a crack as well.

Any idea what it would cost me to fix these problems and the best contact I could reach out to?

I have attached an image of a normal car and highlighted areas that have problems in my car

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 10:33pm On Feb 06, 2023
ErnieUC:

The bottom of the car has rusted, several holes are visible, and you can only lift the car to change the tyre from the tyre frame itself.

Any idea what it would cost me to fix these problems and the best contact I could reach out to?

I have attached an image of a normal car and highlighted areas that have problems in my car

Decommission and scrap it.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jceesquare(m): 5:10am On Feb 07, 2023
Egbedrewstrings:

Scan always show only o2 sensor
Scanned it severally, initially it showed something like Cramshaft sensor or so

I was told to change it which I did but same issue
You'll need a professional scanner to scan the transmission and also check the shift pattern of the transmission when driving.
I suspect your car is not downshift probably.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Egbedrewstrings: 12:51pm On Feb 07, 2023
jceesquare:

You'll need a professional scanner to scan the transmission and also check the shift pattern of the transmission when driving.
I suspect your car is not downshift probably.

Thanks so much for your response

Please what is the price for steering rack for EOD 2005?
Anyone with an idea of the price and a mechanic in Ibadan that can fix it?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by justdollars: 7:16pm On Feb 07, 2023
Pls experts in the house help me. My car idles below the "1" on the RPM making car to jerk and off as soon as I slow down. What could be the cause.

Cc
Luvinghubby
Radautos
gazzuz
Cornner44
Kingreign
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 7:22pm On Feb 07, 2023
justdollars:
Pls experts in the house help me. My car idles below the "1" on the RPM making car to jerk and off as soon as I slow down. What could be the cause.

Cc
Luvinghubby
Radautos
gazzuz
Cornner44
Kingreign

Ensure your air intake is not leaking, clean throttle body, if it still persists, replace throttle body.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Jamie1000: 3:42pm On Feb 08, 2023
ErnieUC:

I feel you bro.
How long do you intend to keep the car? Is the engine and gear very sound? Is the interior very neat? Are other functions working perfectly? Can you afford another car if you sell it off?
It's a big car and not too old to scrap.
Check if the beam is rusted. If it's not, get a good gas welder. Let them do a perfect gas welding for you. Carefully inspect it. Then apply spray and avoid water logged area.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Deigofortune: 5:00pm On Feb 08, 2023
Hello my Senior Comrade... Pls I need a quick rescue on my Car
Model.. Honda Civic 06 American spec
I just finished changing my Car Gasket... After having this overheating issue..

But they major problem I have now after they fixing is that my Car don't accelerating or raised or moved even when I match the throttle, it won't respond, they engine steam fine ... Pls what should be they fault.... Pls 🙏 Ur advice is highly needed and appreciate...
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by justdollars: 5:48pm On Feb 08, 2023
Done. Car works better now. Still observing. Thanks so much king reign.

I bought another radiator and during the process of fixing, battery was removed entirely. Now my car radio is code locked and I don't have car manual to know the code to unlock. What else can I do pls good people of God.

kingreign:

Ensure your air intake is not leaking, clean throttle body, if it still persists, replace throttle body.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 6:12pm On Feb 08, 2023
justdollars:
Done. Car works better now. Still observing. Thanks so much king reign.

I bought another radiator and during the process of fixing, battery was removed entirely. Now my car radio is code locked and I don't have car manual to know the code to unlock. What else can I do pls good people of God.

If this is a Honda, pls check somewhere in the glovebox or under the sun visor or in one of the particulars, the radio code is written.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Deigofortune: 11:35am On Feb 09, 2023
After scanning it this morning this dey code I'm getting

PO123
P2185

Deigofortune:
Hello my Senior Comrade... Pls I need a quick rescue on my Car
Model.. Honda Civic 06 American spec
I just finished changing my Car Gasket... After having this overheating issue..

But they major problem I have now after they fixing is that my Car don't accelerating or raised or moved even when I match the throttle, it won't respond, they engine steam fine ... Pls what should be they fault.... Pls 🙏 Ur advice is highly needed and appreciate...

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.