Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (892008 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Rufusmayle(m): 6:04am On Apr 23, 2023
Good morning house. I want somebody to help me with this question. I just bought Honda 2010 last month on 6th of March, then on 7th I did servicing. Driving since then, my oil life is now showing 40 percent on the dashboard, hope that is normal within that time till now because I know before next week it must have reduced and due for servicing. Question is, is the car oil usage OK?

Secondly yesterday I noticed an oil on the oil pan underneath the car. Not like the oil is dripping on the floor but on the pan, please what could be the cause. I'm new to using a car. This car was my first.

Thanks for your response in anticipation.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vivalavida(m): 7:49am On Apr 23, 2023
Rufusmayle:
Good morning house. I want somebody to help me with this question. I just bought Honda 2010 last month on 6th of March, then on 7th I did servicing. Driving since then, my oil life is now showing 40 percent on the dashboard, hope that is normal within that time till now because I know before next week it must have reduced and due for servicing. Question is, is the car oil usage OK?

Secondly yesterday I noticed an oil on the oil pan underneath the car. Not like the oil is dripping on the floor but on the pan, please what could be the cause. I'm new to using a car. This car was my first.

Thanks for your response in anticipation.

Did you reset the oil life back to 100% after servicing?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Rufusmayle(m): 9:35am On Apr 23, 2023
vivalavida:

Did you reset the oil life back to 100% after servicing?

Yes it was reset to 100%...

And I checked my oil gauge this morning, it at the second hole on the oil guage.. please is it safe for driving?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by WycliffeSMB(m): 9:20am On Apr 24, 2023
Please is there any Genuine dealer here who has Mobil Super 2000 5w-30?

I need the 5litres.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by roach(m): 11:49am On Apr 24, 2023
Top of the day to my lovely honda family... please I have an issue with my 2006 honda civic, it has confused both my mechanic and rewire but i haven't allowed them to do anything about it so as not to trigger more problems.

My car slips everytime it wants to change from any gear, most especially when I put more pressure on it. It now drives like a manual car.

My rewire did some checks and we noticed that light is not supplying to one of the gear solenoids. (He said it's the brain box that supplies the light so the brainbox is faulty). Out of four sockets that connects to the solenoids, a particular one doesn't have light..

I'm confused if I'm to agree with him to get a new brain box..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vivalavida(m): 5:40pm On Apr 24, 2023
roach:
Top of the day to my lovely honda family... please I have an issue with my 2006 honda civic, it has confused both my mechanic and rewire but i haven't allowed them to do anything about it so as not to trigger more problems.

My car slips everytime it wants to change from any gear, most especially when I put more pressure on it. It now drives like a manual car.

My rewire did some checks and we noticed that light is not supplying to one of the gear solenoids. (He said it's the brain box that supplies the light so the brainbox is faulty). Out of four sockets that connects to the solenoids, a particular one doesn't have light..

I'm confused if I'm to agree with him to get a new brain box..

Issues like this, you scan the car. It will help you narrow it down to the fault instead of doing guess-work.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by WycliffeSMB(m): 7:52pm On Apr 29, 2023
Good evening House.
Can someone please recommend a "Good quality" oil filter for my Honda Odyssey 2001?

The ones I saw yesterday(Honda brand) in the market are sold for just 1k and I know it's not original so I didn't buy.

I need to service my car ASAP!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by honda001: 4:47pm On May 01, 2023
Honda accord 2006 accord jerks at high speed,please what could be the problem.

It look as if the engine is cut off ,then I will need to remove my leg from gas pedal
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mejai(m): 11:39pm On May 01, 2023
honda001:

It look as if the engine is cut off ,then I will need to remove my leg from gas pedal
scan the car. Limp mode activated. It will be hard to exceed 3000rpm.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ThatAppleGuy: 5:39am On May 02, 2023
honda001:

I’m suspecting your gear
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fineboynl(m): 8:25am On May 02, 2023
mejai:
scan the car. Limp mode activated. It will be hard to exceed 3000rpm.
bro my car vibrate and exhaust shakes. And it sometimes stall. I have scanned with my mini scanner and it shows 3 cylinder misfire in a roll. C1,C2,C3 it's V6 and the inner cylinders. We check the plug they are ok. The coil are ok. I service the injector 3 weeks again.

One mechanic said he suspect blockage to the exhaust. Another mechanic said it's the fuel or gasket.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kingstel(m): 2:29pm On May 03, 2023
Honda city 09

2nd time I'm experiencing this problem this issue.

It's refusing to start again after driving for about 1 hour.

The battery is relatively new. I tighten the battery terminals 3 days ago when it 1st happen. And now again refusing to start.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mykkey(m): 4:33pm On May 03, 2023
Good day,
I need a connect to buy Honda city body parts 2010 model.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Stephanajantha: 4:42pm On May 03, 2023
Honda recommends changing the engine oil and oil filter every 7,500 miles or six months, whichever comes first. Regular oil changes will help extend the life of your engine and ensure it runs smoothly. Tire Maintenance: Check your tire pressure regularly and make sure they are properly inflated. Rotate your tires every 5,000 to 7,500 miles to ensure even wear and extend to www.billonline.pk/hesco-bill-calculator at the life of your tires.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Auskyd(m): 5:15pm On May 03, 2023
Good evening bosses.

My Honda Accord (thanks to my chairmen here @kingreign, Nurey, Gazzuzz, and other mandem that helped me make the choice. Oga Gazzuz thread on what to check before you buy a car is heaven-sent! ) 2008 started this subtle vibration when it's in drive, and is idle, and this has increased over time. It started after I did general servicing on the legs (bearing, linkage, etc.. my God I spend money and I dey vex 😩😭), changed engine oil and filter, and other servicing which was recommended.

Abeg wetin fit cause am?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 5:20pm On May 03, 2023
Auskyd:
Good evening bosses.

My Honda Accord (thanks to my chairmen here @kingreign, Nurey, Gazzuzz, and other mandem that helped me make the choice. Oga Gazzuz thread on what to check before you buy a car is heaven-sent! ) 2008 started this subtle vibration when it's in drive, and is idle, and this has increased over time. It started after I did general servicing on the legs (bearing, linkage, etc.. my God I spend money and I dey vex 😩😭), changed engine oil and filter, and other servicing which was recommended.

Abeg wetin fit cause am?
Did you check if any mounts are okay or broken?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Auskyd(m): 6:23pm On May 03, 2023
kingreign:

Did you check if any mounts are okay or broken?

I couldn't know what to check if my life depended on it. Please what should I look for. Thank you for your prompt response. I appreciate you deeply

Doesn't vibrate when it's in neutral tho. Or in motion.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Shuttuope(m): 6:30am On May 04, 2023
Auskyd:

I couldn't know what to check if my life depended on it. Please what should I look for. Thank you for your prompt response. I appreciate you deeply

Doesn't vibrate when it's in neutral tho. Or in motion.

check engine mounts
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Auskyd(m): 8:07am On May 04, 2023
Shuttuope:

check engine mounts

Thank you so much.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mabeni(m): 12:06pm On May 04, 2023
What could be my car problem?
I recently replaced my car brainbox but the key icon on the dashboard doesn't go off and car doesn't start but according to the guy who programmed the BRAINBOX, it's perfectly programmed but he's confused why the key icon on the dashboard keeps flashing.

We scanned it and got code p0606.
Car is Honda civic 2009
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 4:59pm On May 04, 2023
mabeni:
What could be my car problem?
I recently replaced my car brainbox but the key icon on the dashboard doesn't go off and car doesn't start but according to the guy who programmed the BRAINBOX, it's perfectly programmed but he's confused why the key icon on the dashboard keeps flashing.

We scanned it and got code p0606.
Car is Honda civic 2009

The code points at Power control module PCM but also did the programmer program the key to the car? As you have changed brainbox I am just guessing he should have also added the key to enable the vehicle start.

If the key is chiped and not added no way that car will start.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mabeni(m): 9:31pm On May 04, 2023
nurey:

The code points at Power control module PCM but also did the programmer program the key to the car? As you have changed brainbox I am just guessing he should have also added the key to enable the vehicle start.

If the key is chiped and not added no way that car will start.
yes. He did
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 9:40pm On May 04, 2023
mabeni:
yes. He did

If you are sure and he is certain form probing the brainbox the key was seen, then time to work on the PCM because if the brainbox was faulty it won't respond to a scanner
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Timblogga: 12:42am On May 05, 2023
Is 2013 Honda Accord a good buy? Please I need feedback both on the 4-cylinder version and the Exl V6.

Based on my budget, I intend getting a clean Naija used.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AutoManual: 4:17am On May 05, 2023
haywhy59:

Thanks, Bad fuel pump was the culprit..
did you confirmed it was bad fuel pump. or your mechanic told you so?

did you scan the car? i presume you already bought a fuel pump. but how much?>
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Robyn2: 7:52am On May 05, 2023
WycliffeSMB:
Please is there any Genuine dealer here who has Mobil Super 2000 5w-30?

I need the 5litres.
bro, just go to Mobil filling station your self to get it. Don’t buy fake oil ooooo
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Robyn2: 7:55am On May 05, 2023
Timblogga:
Is 2013 Honda Accord a good buy? Please I need feedback both on the 4-cylinder version and the Exl V6.

Based on my budget, I intend getting a clean Naija used.
bro, that car is superb…. U will never regret using that car. Just make sure u buy good Nigeria used. Sweetest car in his rage. That’s what am using

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Timblogga: 9:08am On May 05, 2023
Robyn2:
bro, that car is superb…. U will never regret using that car. Just make sure u buy good Nigeria used. Sweetest car in his rage. That’s what am using
Thanks bro. Is yours 4 cylinder or V6
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Robyn2: 9:39am On May 05, 2023
Timblogga:
Thanks bro. Is yours 4 cylinder or V6
I’m using v6 Touring. The best of it 😁
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by WycliffeSMB(m): 3:12pm On May 05, 2023
Robyn2:
bro, just go to Mobil filling station your self to get it. Don’t buy fake oil ooooo
Okay bro, but there is no Mobil Fuel station around me.
I went to the Spare parts market here and saw one for 14k, but how do I know it's the Original?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Almaigaa: 9:05pm On May 05, 2023
WycliffeSMB:

Okay bro, but there is no Mobil Fuel station around me.
I went to the Spare parts market here and saw one for 14k, but how do I know it's the Original?

Never buy oil from any spare parts market. They sell fake oil that will knock your engine.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by agoodman(m): 1:59pm On May 07, 2023
Good day Honda users. I'm using a 2008 Honda Accord for almost 2 years now and the car is burning oil despite using the recommended oil weight which is 5w-20. My question is this. Is there anyone here using the same car and having the same problem that has been able to solve this problem,if yes,then how? My other question is can I keep using the car like that and changing the oil at 3000miles when the maintenance light usually comes up?

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.