Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,619 members, 7,861,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:27 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (906656 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (435) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:59am On Oct 31, 2015
inihood:
Please I need the price of the two external sensors on a CRV 2000 model gearbox? As well as the cost of the gearbox itself? If I replace the sensors and still have the P0730, i plan to replace the gearbox?

Who has it on nairaland?

P0730 slipping gear box. Just replace gearbox.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by whyteboyz03(m): 8:20am On Oct 31, 2015
I beg my people.....my 2003 V6 EOD started jerking recently . finally I went for servicing yesterday as it clocked 3 months from the last service date. I changes plugs, serviced nozzles then lo and behold, we found out that there was traces of water from the nozzle. We brought out fuel pump and na water full am. Abeg how water take enter my tank ? No leakage anywhere and I only buy from total. Abi total don sell water for me ?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:16am On Oct 31, 2015
whyteboyz03:
I beg my people.....my 2003 V6 EOD started jerking recently . finally I went for servicing yesterday as it clocked 3 months from the last service date. I changes plugs, serviced nozzles then lo and behold, we found out that there was traces of water from the nozzle. We brought out fuel pump and na water full am. Abeg how water take enter my tank ? No leakage anywhere and I only buy from total. Abi total don sell water for me ?

Leaking storage tanks. It happens to a lot of fuel stations.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:36am On Oct 31, 2015
blendz4real:
Greetings gurus,
May I know how many litres of gear box oil will be enough to adequately change a 2001 Baby Boy gear box oil.
Thanks.

Shout out to luvinghubby

4 - 5 liters, depending on engine size. (V6 or 4cylinder).
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inihood(m): 10:33am On Oct 31, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

P0730 slipping gear box. Just replace gearbox.

alright then thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by blendz4real(m): 10:34am On Oct 31, 2015
luvinhubby:

4 - 5 liters, depending on engine size. (V6 or 4cylinder).

Tnx a lot na 4cylinder
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by disloman(m): 11:47am On Oct 31, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Tell your mechanic to remove the following parts and inspect.

Swaybar links
Swaybar bushings
Lower control arm
Upper control arm
Front shocks
Oga!Sometimes,you might just need to tighten some loosen bolts.My opinion though.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2015
disloman:
Oga!Sometimes,you might just need to tighten some loosen bolts.My opinion though.

I see
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by shamecurls(m): 1:58pm On Nov 02, 2015
Hello Boss,

My 2004 Honda pilot has the D light flashing and after scanning got P0780 and P0753. Transmission oil is in good condition and i plan buying another solenoid.

Could these be the major cause?
Cost of shift solenoid A?

Your advice?

Thanks in advance.

cc- GAZZUZZ
luvinhubby
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 4:53pm On Nov 04, 2015
Oxone:
Hello house,

There's this wheezing sound I hear when I cold start my honda accord DC (it sounds like it's coming from the fan belt side of d engine). D sound goes up & down when I turn the steering wheel & stops after about 5mins of running the engine. Any ideas cos it's driving me nuts.

GAZZUZZ, luvinhubby, Lolomike et al

Bro,

The sound is likely from your power steering pump, and it is due to a worn o-ring, leading to some air intake into the system. All you need do is to replace the o-ring and the noise will stop. It's a simple procedure you can even do on your own. You may pm me if you need graphic guidance.

In other words, the noise doesn't mean your power steering pump has failed or needs replacement.

Cheers!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by shamecurls(m): 5:12am On Nov 05, 2015

shamecurls:
Hello Boss,

My 2004 Honda pilot has the D light flashing and after scanning got P0780 and P0753. Transmission oil is in good condition and i plan buying another solenoid.

Could these be the major cause?
Cost of shift solenoid A?

Your advice?

Thanks in advance.

cc- GAZZUZZ
luvinhubby
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:01am On Nov 05, 2015
shamecurls:

Check gearbox harness (wiring) if it's fine drain oil and re-fill with fresh oil Dw1, do an actuation test on solenoid E to be sure is functioning, if you are done with all that and it's still blinking you might have to get a new gearbox.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sultanemerald(m): 1:45pm On Nov 05, 2015
Please, my 2005 crv jerks while accelerating and its about to change into a lower gear and makes a 'kpum"sound. I have had the gear oil topped and it just happened once since then.

Also, prior to topping the gear oil it fires without accelerating and then picks.

It didn't quite happen this morning while driving to work.

But what could be the issue?

The road to my house is very stony could it have contributed to this issue?

Thank you for responding.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by freetowns: 5:50pm On Nov 05, 2015
Hi guys. M sort of in a dilemma now.
I drive a 04 Honda Accord. The Ac works fine in cold weather and at night. But when the weather is hot, it just blows fan with no cold air. Have tried topping the refrigerant, but still didn't work. Someone said it might be the Climate Control Unit (CCU). Another said it's the dryer. I am honestly confused and would love to solve this issue once and for all.

Thanks a lot
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 10:39pm On Nov 05, 2015
sultanemerald:
Please, my 2005 crv jerks while accelerating and its about to change into a lower gear and makes a 'kpum"sound. I have had the gear oil topped and it just happened once since then.

Also, prior to topping the gear oil it fires without accelerating and then picks.

It didn't quite happen this morning while driving to work.

But what could be the issue?

The road to my house is very stony could it have contributed to this issue?

Thank you for responding.

Symptoms described are suggestive of transmission (gearbox) malfunction, but a fuel system component cannot be ruled out.

Instead of 'topping' your transmission fluid, it is more prudent to do a drain and refill. MAKE SURE you use honda genuine ATF-DW1, otherwise you may snuff out the transmission yourself. I would personally suggest you repeat the drain-refill at least twice, about a week apart, since just about a third of the transmission fluid can be drained at once. That way, you can replace as much of the old fluid as possible.

If after doing this, these symptoms persist, please scan the car and pay attention to codes pulled.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 10:59pm On Nov 05, 2015
freetowns:
Hi guys. M sort of in a dilemma now.
I drive a 04 Honda Accord. The Ac works fine in cold weather and at night. But when the weather is hot, it just blows fan with no cold air. Have tried topping the refrigerant, but still didn't work. Someone said it might be the Climate Control Unit (CCU). Another said it's the dryer. I am honestly confused and would love to solve this issue once and for all.

Thanks a lot

1) Have the circuit checked for leaks

2) Be sure your compressor is working optimally. Might have a burnt clutch or armature that need to be repaired our an outright replacement of compressor warranted.

3) A faulty expansion valve might be the culprit

4) Except you have had direct trauma to the receiver-drier (which may cause a leak) or had excessive moisture in the circuit for too long, not likely to be a drier issue.

Lastly, where are you based? If you happen to be around ib, I'd be glad to help you run a check myself.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:10am On Nov 06, 2015
For those of us driving a Honda or Acura V6 engine for Accord 2008-2012, Acura MDX 2007 - 2012, Pilot 2008 - 2013 please take note, make sure you examine the catalyst converter, especially the one on your manifold as often as possible. Damage to the element in it has led to blockage of the emission system and subsequently resulted to a knocked engine or very poor engine performance.

Thank me later.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:49am On Nov 06, 2015
luvinhubby:
For those of us driving a Honda or Acura V6 engine for Accord 2008-2012, Acura MDX 2007 - 2012, Pilot 2008 - 2013 please take note, make sure you examine the catalyst converter, especially the one your manifold as often as possible. Damage to the element in it has led to blockage of the emission system and subsequently resulted to a knocked engine or very poor engine performance.

Thank me later.

Boss you are so right, there's one terrible ping sound when the cat is blocked or getting blocked.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by freetowns: 10:58am On Nov 06, 2015
nas00:

1) Have the circuit checked for leaks

2) Be sure your compressor is working optimally. Might have a burnt clutch or armature that need to be repaired our an outright replacement of compressor warranted.

3) A faulty expansion valve might be the culprit

4) Except you have had direct trauma to the receiver-drier (which may cause a leak) or had excessive moisture in the circuit for too long, not likely to be a drier issue.

Lastly, where are you based? If you happen to be around ib, I'd be glad to help you run a check myself.
I stay in festac town. Please would love to meet u
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 4:26pm On Nov 06, 2015
freetowns:

I stay in festac town. Please would love to meet u

No qualms. I'm in Ib at the moment. However, I can link you up with a guy in Surulere whom, I trust, should be able to help you diagnose the problem and fix. You may send am pm if you're interested.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by freetowns: 9:32pm On Nov 06, 2015
nas00:

No qualms. I'm in Ib at the moment. However, I can link you up with a guy in Surulere whom, I trust, should be able to help you diagnose the problem and fix. You may send am pm if you're interested.
OK tnx wuld do
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 1:57am On Nov 07, 2015
freetowns:

OK tnx wuld do

Seen my mail?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by DonBobes(m): 6:51am On Nov 07, 2015
shamecurls:

ur gear oil is short. Drain d old one and put genuine HONDA gear oil DW1, Or any DEXTRON 3 product. . . . . I use Dextron 3 products tho, because dt DW1 is hard to comeby.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 8:40am On Nov 07, 2015
DonBobes:

ur gear oil is short. Drain d old one and put genuine HONDA gear oil DW1, Or any DEXTRON 3 product. . . . . I use Dextron 3 products tho, because dt DW1 is hard to comeby.

. . . not anymore, contact luvinhubby for Honda DW1.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by DonBobes(m): 10:10am On Nov 07, 2015
inze:

. . . not anymore, contact luvinhubby for Honda DW1.

how much does it cost!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 10:30am On Nov 07, 2015
DonBobes:

how much does it cost!

. . . you can find his contact here: https://www.nairaland.com/luvinhubby
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sultanemerald(m): 12:24pm On Nov 07, 2015
Ok.Thank you. but also, it fires and doesn't take off immediately what could be the issue?

nas00:

Symptoms described are suggestive of transmission (gearbox) malfunction, but a fuel system component cannot be ruled out.

Instead of 'topping' your transmission fluid, it is more prudent to do a drain and refill. MAKE SURE you use honda genuine ATF-DW1, otherwise you may snuff out the transmission yourself. I would personally suggest you repeat the drain-refill at least twice, about a week apart, since just about a third of the transmission fluid can be drained at once. That way, you can replace as much of the old fluid as possible.

If after doing this, these symptoms persist, please scan the car and pay attention to codes pulled.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 5:46pm On Nov 07, 2015
sultanemerald:
Ok.Thank you. but also, it fires and doesn't take off immediately what could be the issue?

The same transmission is the likely cause of that. It's called 'slipping'.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ukata16(m): 9:31am On Nov 08, 2015
Guys please help out My Check engine started blinking this morning after a very rough idle this morning. Honda accord 98 i4
@Gazzuzz Et al!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:45am On Nov 08, 2015
ukata16:
Guys please help out My Check engine started blinking this morning after a very rough idle this morning. Honda accord 98 i4
@Gazzuzz Et al!

Replace sparkplugs
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ukata16(m): 9:51am On Nov 08, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Replace sparkplugs
Thanks boss.
Please can I come over this week to have the car scanned an see what little work I can do on it cheesy?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:09am On Nov 08, 2015
ukata16:

Thanks boss.
Please can I come over this week to have the car scanned an see what little work I can do on it cheesy?

Nah ember months, we de gather Christmas and. Newyear money, you are highly welcome.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (435) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.